The Not So Berry Legacy Challenge is one of the most famous challenges in the Sims 4. It was first created by Sims YouTuber lilsimsie in 2017. While it can be confusing for some players who want to understand the challenge, this article will break down each step. Let’s jump right in so you can start your own legacy of (not so) berry Sims.
What is the Not So Berry Challenge?
The Not So Berry Challenge is a ten-generation legacy, with each generation consisting of different colors and objectives. In each generation, there are new rules that players must focus on, but all contain the same seven basic rules. Abiding by these rules is essential to complete the challenge successfully.
- Each generational heir must represent a color. Each Sim should have their hair, clothes, makeup, etc., the same color (skin color is not necessary). For example, if the main color is yellow, Sims should have yellow hair, makeup, and clothes. This rule is optional but represents the fun of the challenge and where the name comes from.
- Spouses are not a part of the challenge and don’t have to represent that generation’s color unless otherwise stated.
- Money cheats are allowed in moderation. It is suggested to use the code “freerealestate” to purchase your first home. Using money cheats beyond this recommendation is allowed but takes away from the challenge.
- Unless otherwise stated, you are allowed to live anywhere you wish.
- Each generation must complete the heir’s career and aspiration (unless otherwise stated).
- Lifespan must be kept on “Normal.”
- While not a rule, the creator, lilsimsie, encourages players to share their attempts at the challenge using the hashtag “notsoberry”.
Note: Not So Berry requires City Life, Get to Work, Get Together, Spa Day, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, and Movie Hangout. You cannot complete the challenge successfully if you do not have these expansion packs.
|Traits||Vegetarian, Jealous, Materialistic|
|Aspiration||Chief of Mischief|
|Generational Rules||– Master scientist career and complete Chief of Mischief aspiration|
– Master mischief and logic skills
– Complete elements
|Traits||Hot Headed, Snob, Romantic|
|Generational Rules||– Have only one child|
– Master the politician career and complete
– Serial Romantic aspiration
– Master charisma skill
– Leave someone at the alter (an interaction available during a wedding)
– Get married for the first time as an elder
|Traits||Clumsy, Ambitious, Loner|
|Generational Rules||– Master rocket science and handiness skill|
– Master astronaut career and complete Nerd Brain aspiration
– Must build a rocket ship and visit Sixam
– Enter the secret lot in Oasis Springs (requiring max handiness)
– Never have any close friends or relationships other than grandparents from Generation 1 until the grandparent dies
|Traits||Active, Slob, Music Lover|
|Generational Rules||– Master singing, parenting, and athletic skills|
– Master athlete career and complete Bodybuilder aspiration
– Have three failed relationships before finding a spouse, marry a neat Sim
– Be good friends with all of your children
– Have a family movie night with your spouse and children every Sunday
|Traits||Genius, Noncommittal, Dance Machine|
|Career||Fast Food, Doctor, Entertainer|
|Generational Rules||– Master dance and two other skills of your choosing, achieve at least level eight in six skills|
– Complete Renaissance Sim aspiration
– Get divorced and then later remarried to the same Sim
– Must live in at least three different worlds throughout your life
|Traits||Evil, Self-Assured, Glutton|
|Generational Rules||– Master baking and charisma skills|
– Master criminal career and complete Public Enemy aspiration
– Must live in a ‘needs TLC’ apartment for entire young adult life
– Have twins, but only those two children (you may cheat for this)
– Insist on being evil (claim to be criminal mastermind), but nobody believes you, not even your children
|Traits||Neat, Unflirty, Creative|
|Aspiration||Best Selling Author|
|Generational Rules||– Complete postcard collection|
– Master writing and wellness skills
– Complete Best Selling Author aspiration
– Have a well-maintained garden
– Quit day job as an adult to pursue dreams (mid-life crisis much?)
|Traits||Foodie, Lazy, Goofball|
|Generational Rules||– Marry a co-worker|
-Must play an instrument
– Master gourmet cooking and comedy skills
– Master detective career
– Must live in a different world than the one they were raised
|Traits||Squeamish, Geek, Cheerful|
|Generational Rules||– Master mixology, video gaming, and programming skills|
– Master tech guru career and complete Computer Whiz aspiration
– Must accept every invitation to parties/outings with your friends
– Have at least five good friends and five enemies
|Traits||Gloomy, Perfectionist, Family Oriented|
|Generational Rules||– Adopt at least one child|
– Master the photography, cooking, and parenting skills
– Master critic career and complete Super Parent aspiration
– Must marry a high school sweetheart and stay with them until you die
– Have a one-time secret affair
What is a Berry Sim?
Berry Sims are represented by having unnatural, brightly colored hair, skin, eyes, etc. By having one Sim wearing the same color clothes that match their skin, they are known as “berries.” The Not So Berry Challenge gets its name from these Sims, as the challenge only requires colorful hair and clothes, but not skin (making them not so berry).