Race Locations Guide
Skills Training Guide
Successfully complete the game by eliminating the Los Muertos, Volk, and Shai-Gen gang on any difficulty to unlock the ability to turn on or off the respawning enemies in their respective districts from the game start up screen.
Note: The only cars that change are the Agency Supercar, Agency SUV, and Agency Truck Cab. When you reach level 4 in your driving status and the car has evolved completely, the following performance changes occur:
The Agency Supercar's horn is replaced with a heavy machine gun. Press B to use it.
The Agency SUV's horn is replaced with a powerful hydraulic system allowing it to jump. Press B for a short time and release to jump effortlessly.
The Agency Truck Cab's horn is replaced with a powerful nitrous boost that can cause it to plow through anything. Hold B to plow through anyone who stand in your way.
Upgrade your driving experience to four stars and +99 in order to use the machine gun (Agency Supercar), burst of speed (Agency Truck Cab), and jump (Agency SUV) for your vehicles.
Pick an object up above your head, then hold A to jump. When you are at the peak of your jump, press RT to throw the object. As you start to throw the object, hold A to jump again while throwing the object.
If you are having trouble running over gang members with a car, try to drive very slowly at them. They are much less likely to try to dodge your car than when you are driving at a high speed.
Play on Xbox Live with someone who has "Keys To The City" and ask to play it. When he or she quits, go to the main menu within five minutes, then select "Keys To The City".
At the beginning of a race, get out of your car and go to the nearest corner that has cement blocks. Grab the cement blocks and create a sort of barrier in the middle of the road (stack them if possible). This makes it almost impossible for your opponent racers to go past that point. Shortly afterwards, they will all crash and pile up. Once all of them are piled up, shoot the gas tank of one of the cars. A chain reaction will occur and all the racers will be dead. You are now the only one remaining in the race.
Take the truck and drive out Gate 1. Follow the road until you reach an intersection, then turn left. Take the on ramp for the major highway, then drive the truck along the highway at maximum speed and ram gang controlled cars. Try to avoid innocent and polices cars or you may be attacked. If done enough times, you will run out of cars on the highway. Just die and more cars will reappear, or quit and come back. You will soon have star level driving.
Spawn at the Agency tower, and take out the Harpoon Gun. Ride out to where the Peacekeepers and Los Muertos are doing a shoot out. Kill all the Los Muertos members. Pick up their bodies one at a time, and throw them on top of a car. Then, quickly shoot them with the Harpoon Gun. This may take some time because the bodies will slide off and some may just fall even if you harpooned them. Just throw them back up on the car. Once you harpoon five bodies on a single vehicle, you will get the Body Armor achievement.
You must have a rocket launcher. Take the body or car up the elevator in the Central Point building on Shai-Gen island. Once you are out of the elevator, go up the ramp to where it goes outside. Take out the rocket launcher and throw the body or car up in the air and slightly away from the building. Then, just fire rockets at it to keep it in the air for a few seconds. Once it hits the ground, you will get the achievement.
Use the following trick to easily get the Car Juggler achievement. First, make sure that you have a full load of cluster grenades. Then, get the Agency Supercar from the garage. Go out Door 1 into the Los Muerte district. Drive the car into the water, but not too far away. Get far enough where it is floating and you can throw a grenade under it. Once the car is floating in the water, throw as many cluster grenades under it as possible. When they explode, the car will soar high to a point where you can just barely see it in the sky. If done correctly, it should stay up there for about fifteen to twenty seconds. Note: This trick does not work with bodies.
On the Los Muertos island in the south is a pier that extends into the water (west of the Ferris wheel pier). On that pier is a circle of explosive barrels that curl around a building on the pier. Shoot it, then run north and as the pier allows you to, go east or west. Look to the west where the apartments are located. There is another set of barrels in a row. Shoot them. Repeat this process a few times to get the Chain Banger achievement.
Note: This trick requires the downloadable content that includes the new vehicles. Go to the Agency, and get the armored car that shoots missiles. Drive through Door 2 into Volk Drive until you are just outside of the tunnel. Hold B or LB to shoot the rockets. The rockets will keep firing and you should get the achievement.
Pick up any car and get it on top of a high building or set of rocks. You can do this by jumping with it or throwing it to higher ledges. Once you reach the desired height, just get into the car to get the Driving High achievement.
Go to the supply point on the map called "Garcia Point". It is the second north-most supply point in the Los Muertos section of Pacific City. Exit that supply point (or make your way there if you have not already secured that supply point). Jump up onto the plateau just above the shack. Once there you should see a jeep. Get into the jeep and drive forward about a car length and drive your front wheels up on a rock.
Go to the Central Point building in Shai-Gen where Cowell is located. Get into any car and find your way up the staircase to the front door of the building. Kill all Shai-Gen in the bottom floor of the building if you have not defeated Cowell. Drive across the room to the elevator. Jump out and open the lift's doors. Drive into the elevator, turn on the lift, and get into your car. About halfway up the lift you will gain the achievement. This will work for any vehicle; you do not have to defeat Cowell.
Exit from the Agency through Door 1, then proceed on the street until you get to an intersection. There is a ramp truck on your left, down the street. Take the truck to the intersection you were just at. Keep going down the street past that intersection and you should see a ramp going to the highway. Place the truck at the top of the turn, then go down the street with the Agency SUV and launch off the ramp. You can easily get a double frontflip. This also helps with getting driving experience.
Defeat Cowell in the Central Point building on the Shai-Gen island. Make sure you have leveled up your driving skills to do flips in your SUV. Drive in the building, get on the elevator, and then drive up the ramps until you get to the opening where you see Wang's building across from you. You do not have to drive very fast, but must have just enough speed to clear the railing, while getting the most out of B. It is possible to do three flips by doing this.
To find the Observatory Globe for the Global Impact achievement, you must be in the Volk area. Look at your map. At the top of the Volk area you will see two bridges. Stand between these bridges, but do not cross them. When you get to the bridges, look at your map again. Behind you, you will see a large mound of rocks. Jump over them and you will be at the City Memorial Observatory. In the middle of the car park is a globe with metal bars around it. Get rid of the bars and pick up the globe. You can now get your achievement by going up to a gang member and throwing it at him. Note: Make sure the globe does not go in water as it sinks and you will have to get it again.
Just north of the Volk Boss "Gryzunova" is a building with a large world globe. Use this globe to kill fifteen gang members to get the Global Impact achievement.
Play with someone in Co-op mode. The player who needs the achievement should be in the car and the other person should be able to pick up the car and throw you into the ring. This gets them faster then finding a ramp to jump to get them. This works best when the person picking up the car has a 4-star strength rating.
First, reach a level 4 in your driving status to be able to jump and stick yourself to buildings. Find a tall building clear of street lamps and other things. Make sure you are away from the building slightly. Go slow, jump towards the building, and raise the nose of the car in the air. Press B again and stick yourself to the building. Drive up the wall. When it releases, you will fly backward slightly. At this moment, hold Analog-stick Back for an easy backwards flip. Repeat this five more times for the achievement.
Go to the Easy Riders Garage in the Los Muertos territory by the lighthouse with a level 4 Agency SUV after you have secured it from enemy hands. You will have a regular jump ramp and two barrel roll ramps. Start by using the regular jump ramp at speeds between 110 mph to 120 mph. Anything faster will result in you hitting the rafters; anything slower will result with the back bumper of your SUV landing and you will not get a full flip. Land it and continue around to the barrel roll ramps. Hit them at 80 mph to 90mph and land it. Repeat the process three times to earn the achievement.
Go to the beach on the Los Muertos island using the SUV on level 4. On the west side of the beach are two of the houses with ramps on both sides. You do not have to go very far or over 60 mph to hit a back flip in combo with B.
Start a co-op game with a partner. You must have the ability to pick up and throw cars. Take the Agency SUV (as you have greater aerial control) to an open area. Try the beach area north of the fairgrounds. Have one player stay in the SUV. Have the other player pick up the car and throw it (avoiding any rocks or structures). The car naturally tends to perform a right barrel roll. The player in the car only needs to ensure that the SUV lands on its wheels to earn the 1x Barrel Roll. Repeat this until you have done it six times in sixty seconds.
You can get most of the stunt achievements if you are a level 2 driver or higher. However, if possible, try leveling up by doing all the races so that you are a level 5 (four stars and +99) driver. Then, go to the Agency supply point. Access the Agency SUV. Exit Door 1 to Los Muertos. Drive north towards the Ferris wheel. Once you get there, land on the beach. On the beach are a few lifeguard huts. Most of them have two ramps (one on each side). Use this area to get all the stunt achievements. If you are a level 5 or higher and have the SUV, you can use a special "car jump feature". Use this to your advantage. The only stunts that need to be done elsewhere are those that require you to jump a height of 115 ft or more and to execute two front flips. You can get the two front flips by finding an elevated area that will allow you to use the SUV to gain speed. Then, press B to jump off it.
Use the following trick for easy Car Juggler, Hazardous Hang Time, Driving High, and Front Flipper achievements. You must be playing in Co-op mode and use a Supercar. Using it with a level 4 driving skill is recommended, although it will work with a level 3 driving skill. Have one of the players drive the Supercar and the other find a small car that is just roaming around. Use the bridge directly outside the Agency in Los Muertos to the right. Get on opposite sides of the bridge and meet head on in the center lane at full speed. The Supercar will send the other vehicle flying for a long time. It is possible to get all four achievements at once. However, the Car Juggler achievement may be slightly more difficult to earn. You do not have to actually shoot the car in the air with a rocket launcher for seven seconds. The same strategy described earlier applies, except make sure the regular car is smoking very badly and is sent skyward with the Supercar. If you get a good enough jump up, the last bit of damage that the Supercar inflicts on the already smoking vehicle will cause it to explode up in the air and you will gain the Car Juggler achievement. Note: You must stay in the car for the explosion to count towards the achievement. Although this results in a death, you will earn the achievement.
Use the following trick to easily get the achievement for popping twenty tires on gang controlled vehicles in sixty seconds. Go to the stadium on the north island where you find General Daz. There are two or three gang controlled vehicles outside, and possibly two gang cars inside by the ramp. There is also a space in the back of the stadium with four gang cars in a row. Find one gang controlled car and bring it to the back of the stadium where the four cars are located. Just pop all four tires on each car to earn the achievement. Note: This of course must be done after defeating Daz.
Normally you cannot precision target civilians. However, if you kill enough of them in a short amount of time without using precision targeting (using rockets or heavy machine guns in well populated areas recommended), you can auto-target them and they will become blips on your radar. However, the Agency Peacekeepers will be angry with you by that point.
On Shai-Gen island, there is a hotel on the west side of the Island called The Daisy Chain. If you enter Shai-Gen from the Los Muertos side, it is between the two highways. At the top of this hotel is a pool. In the pool is a rubber duck toy. You can throw the toy at people and it will make a squeaky sound like a real rubber duck toy.
The "Wired" billboard signs throughout the city display the leaderboards for the car race times. If you are playing co-op, it will display the name and rank of your co-op partner.
On the Volk island, go to "The LCOVE" across from "THE Y". Look for a billboard with a Dodge Nitro on it. Watch it to see the #1 ranks on each map.
Note: This trick requires Keys To The City, which is available for download from the Xbox Live Marketplace. Go into Keys To The City, and put on all skills to full. Go to the highway, spawn the Agency Supercar. Get in it and start driving. The top speed of the Agency Supercar at 4 stars is about 225 mph. Press Back to open the "Keys To The City" menu while driving, and scroll to "Change Driving Skill". Press Y to put it back down to 0 stars while you are still driving so the car will downgrade to its original form. The speed of the Agency Supercar will increase to over 375 mph, and possibly 400 mph if you do not hit anything. However, if you stop or increase your driving skill the speed will return to normal. The speed of the Agency Supercar at 0 stars is 156 mph; however, with this trick the top speed can be over 400 mph at 0 stars.
Note: This trick requires Keys To The City, which is available for download from the Xbox Live Marketplace. Go into Keys To The City, then press Back. Set all of your skills to four stars. When you get in the truck cab, it will morph to the biggest possible. Enable "God mode" so you will not die when attempting the jump. Also, choose "Empty streets" so you do not hit cars in the process. Go onto a straight and long freeway. Hold B to speed up, then press Back. Select "Spawn ramp truck". When you are going about 190 mph, hit it, then change the camera angle to the side of the truck. Then, press Y to spawn the ramp truck, and you will fly for a very long time.
Go into Keys Of The City by yourself or in Co-op mode on Xbox Live. Put four stars on all your skills. Go on the highway, and either drive the Agency Supercar or have a friend do so. While in the car, use the cheat window to spawn a ramp truck. When you are at full speed, hit the spawn ramp truck button about three times. You will fly or go through the map. If you spawn a ramp truck on Wang Tower on the cement wall sides, then jump off it with an Agency Supercar, you can go through the Wang building as well. If you get stuck, you may have to extract.
Go to the Shai-Gen island, just south of "The Block" Agency supply point. There are two mini skyscraper buildings that have the words Tower 1 and Tower 2 on them.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Agency Explosives Expert (20 points): Bomb your way to a 4-star Explosives rating.
- Agency Athlete (20 points): Run and jump your way to a 4-star Agility rating.
- Agency Wheelman (20 points): Accelerate and slide your way to a 4-star Driving rating.
- Agency Brawler (20 points): Punch, jab, kick, and throw your way to a 4-star Strength rating.
- Agency Marksman (20 points): Hit your target every time to achieve a 4-star Firearms rating.
- Master Agent (40 points): Earn 4-star ratings in all five skill areas and then max out your Skills Status meters.
- Roadkill King (15 points): Mow down and massacre 175 gang members while driving.
- High Flyer (10 points): Make your way to the top of the Agency Tower.
- Firing Squad (15 points): Fire away - shoot and kill 500 gang members using firearms.
- Bare-Knuckle Brawler (15 points): Kill 150 gang members with your bare hands (or thrown objects).
- Mad Bomber (15 points): Show your explosive personality - kill 500 gang members using explosives.
- Untouchable Agent (15 points): Kill 200 gang members without dying yourself.
- Body Juggler (20 points): Use explosives to keep a body up in the air for 10 seconds.
- Car Juggler (20 points): Use explosives to keep a car up in the air for seven seconds.
- Hazardous Hangtime (10 points): Execute a 6-second jump in a vehicle.
- Driving High (10 points): Achieve a height of 115 feet or more in a vehicle.
- Front Flipper (20 points): Execute two forward flips in a single jump in a moving vehicle.
- Timed Stunt Driver (20 points): Execute six car stunts in 60 seconds.
- Base Jumper (10 points): Jump from the top of the Agency Tower and land in the water below.
- Stunt Driver (20 points): Successfully execute five car stunts - front & back flips, barrel rolls, a long jump.
- Orb Hunter (50 points): Collect 300 Hidden Orbs.
- Free Runner (50 points): Collect 500 Agility Orbs.
- Repo Man (10 points): Commandeer 100 gang-controlled vehicles.
- Los Muertos Intel Master (10 points): Locate all Los Muertos dossier targets.
- Volk Intel Master (10 points): Locate all Volk dossier targets.
- Shai-Gen Intel Master (10 points): Locate all Shai-Gen dossier targets.
- First Blood (10 points): Eliminate the first of 21 gang bosses.
- Los Muertos Cleanser (20 points): Murder Los Muertos - Kill all Los Muertos gang members.
- Volk Cleanser (40 points): Eviscerate the Volk - Take out all Volk gang members.
- Shai-Gen Cleanser (50 points): Assassinate Shai-Gen - Kill all Shai-Gen gang members.
- The Trifecta (50 points): Wipe the city clean by taking out all members of all three gangs.
- Rampage (20 points): Wreak havoc in 60-second increments.
- Take Me To Your Supply Point (10 points): Unlock your first Supply Point.
- It's Good To Be Connected (30 points): Unlock all Supply Points.
- Airtime Assassin (10 points): Shoot and kill 5 gang members in a single jump (while airborne).
- Shot-putter (10 points): Throw any object (other than a grenade) 205 feet or more.
- Global Impact (15 points): Kill 15 gang members using the Observatory Globe.
- Ring Leader (20 points): Drive through all of the unique Stunt Markers.
- Chain Banger (10 points): Blow up 100 explosive objects in 60 seconds.
- Double Trouble (10 points): Double your fun - complete your first mission in Co-op mode.
- Tag Teamer (40 points): Partner up and complete every mission in Co-op mode.
- Road Warrior (30 points): Successfully complete all 14 Road Races.
- Over Our Heads (30 points): Successfully complete all 12 Rooftop Races.
- Agency Athlete (20 points): Run and jump your way to a 4-star Agility rating.
The following seven achievements require the Xbox 360 exclusive Download Content expansion:
- Body Armor (10 points) [Note 2]: Use the Harpoon gun to attach five corpses to a single vehicle.
- Confiscator (40 points) [Note]: Impound all flagged vehicles and store them in the Agency Garage.
- Flippin' Crazy (20 points) [Note 2]: Complete three flips of any type in a single jump in any vehicle.
- Pack Rat (10 points) [Note 2]: Complete any Stockpile mini-game in Co-op mode in fewer than 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Psych Out (100 points) [Note]: Complete all Time Trial missions at the Psychotic difficulty level.
- Street Racer (20 points) [Note 3]: Win all Street Races using any vehicle.
- Street Racer Elite (150 points) [Note 3]: Win all Street Races using all available vehicles.
- Confiscator (40 points) [Note]: Impound all flagged vehicles and store them in the Agency Garage.
Note: Requires the free DLC.
Note 2: Requires a partner with the Premium DLC (without you having to download it).
Note 3: Requires the Premium DLC.