Pause the end of each Terminal video when five Forerunner symbols appear. Make a note of the codes for each video. Login to the Halo Waypoint console app, and press X at the main menu. A series of colored circles will appear. Press X (blue), A (green), B (red), Y (yellow) on the order of the colored circle pattern from left to right to display a code entry screen. Change the Forerunner symbols to match those noted from the Terminal videos, then press A. Next, confirm the code by highlighting the "3-arrow" symbol, and press A. Each code entered successfully will unlock the corresponding Terminal video for use in Waypoint and add credits (7,000 each for the first nine terminals, and 32,000 for "The Maw" terminal). When all ten codes are used, it will unlock the eleventh Terminal video that can only be viewed in Waypoint. To return to the Waypoint main menu, select "Reset Terminal" at the "Secret Terminal" menu.Hidden skull locations
Search the indicated location to find the corresponding skull. Note: Updated graphics must be enabled to find and collect the skulls.
Bandanna skull: In the "The Silent Cartographer" mission, after the Covenant lock the doors, go to the security override building. Turn right in the tunnel before activating the console, then go outside. Turn right again to find the exterior of the tunnel you just came through. The skull is on top of this tunnel, at the far end. Grenade jump on top to collect the Bandanna skull. This skull gives you infinite ammunition.
Black Eye skull: At the beginning of "The Library" mission, before you enter the big round room where the Index is found, there are vents on the wall where Flood come out of. Have your back facing the entrance to the Index chamber. The skull will be inside the vent to your right. Grenade jump onto the platform in front of it, then jump normally into the vent. Go to the end of the vent to collect the Black Eye skull. The skull makes only melee attacks restore your shields.
Boom skull: In the "Halo" mission, approach the tunnel in a Warthog. Drive to the left, get out, and walk up the narrow path to find the Boom skull. This skull makes explosions have twice the damage radius.
Eye Patch skull: In "The Library" mission, reach the end of the level, and locate the door that opens. Usually, you would walk directly across a bridge and end the level on the elevator that leads to the Index. The skull is located beyond this point, at the opposite side of the level. You must walk around to get there. This skull deactivates auto aim.
Famine skull: In "The Silent Cartographer" mission, turn around at the start, and walk around the island until you reach the large rock where the Pelican crash site is found later. Walk up to the top of the rock to find the Famine skull. This skull makes weapons dropped by the CPU have half the normal amount of ammunition.
Fog skull: In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, go down the first elevator. You will find a transparent object in the middle of the room with fog going through it, and four platforms around it. Grenade jump on the platform that looks different from the other three. Do this by first climbing onto the ledge behind it, then throw a grenade directly at your feet. Once on that platform, jump into the vent on top of the fog platform to find the Fog skull. This skull disables radar.
Foreigner skull: In the "Truth And Reconciliation" mission, enter the large hanger before the brig on the lower level. You will see the Covenant drop ship that Keys eventually pilots. Look inside the door farthest from where you first enter the room and to the right to find the Foreigner skull. Note: The door is locked and only allows enemies to enter the fight. Run into the door when it is opening to enter it. This skull prevents players from picking up or using Covenant weapons.
Grunt Birthday Party skull: In "The Maw" mission, reach the point where Foehammer comes to pick you up. When going to the nav point where she picks you up, go past the center where you are supposed to stop and look to the right to see "railing" sticking out of the platform. Climb on to it. The Grunt Birthday Party skull is at the far end. This skull makes a spray of confetti appear when a Grunt is killed by a headshot.
Iron skull: At the beginning of "The Pillar Of Autumn" mission, immediately turn around, and look behind the two large boxes by the wall to find the Iron skull. This skull makes dying in co-op reset you at the last saved checkpoint and dying in solo restart the mission.
Malfunction skull: In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, reach the large underground section past the frozen lake with the two Wraiths and the Banshee. Look for the turret on a broken bridge to the right. Walk toward the bridge, and look down in the chasm to the left to find a conduit with the Malfunction skull. This skull makes a random part of the HUD disabled when you respawn.
Mythic skull: At the beginning of the "Halo" mission, move toward the large waterfall. The Mythic skull is behind the large rock with plants growing down above it. This skull makes the Convenant have twice the health and Sentinels have energy shields.
Oddball skull: In the "Pillar Of Dawn" mission, after Master Chief has awoken, walk straight ahead from the pod he gets out of. Go behind the two round barrels to find the Oddball skull.
Piñata skull: In the "Two Betrayals" mission, reach the point where the "Final Run" chapter title appears as you exit a tunnel from underground (the area with the broken bridge). Cortana will mark Pulse Generator #3 with a navigation point. The Piñata skull is located above the tunnel, where a Wraith was located in the "Assault On The Control Room" mission. Use grenade jumps or a Banshee to reach it. This skull makes grenades drop when enemies are punched.
Recession skull: In the "343 Guilty Spark" mission, after getting off Pelican E419 at the start, turn left to face the left side of a very large glowing green tree. Remain in that direction, and move directly ahead while avoiding obstacles. You will eventually reach a hill with two trees and a bush in the middle. The Recession skull is behind the bush. This skull makes every shot use twice the ammunition.
Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Legendary difficulty to view an extended ending cutscene.Kinect settings
Pause the game without a Kinect connected, and enter the "Options" menu, then press Up + A.Early Banshee
In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, you can get a Banshee shortly after the tank. Take the sniper rifle and rocket launcher. Kill the enemies, then go to the boulder on the right side of the tunnel. Look up to see a rock bridge. While still looking up, start moving forward until you see a platform coming out of the wall. Zoom in with the sniper rifle to the center of the platform, and then without moving, change to the launcher and fire. A banshee will fall off the ledge that you can use.Hidden area
In the chapter where you must find Capt. Keyes in the swamp, there is a secret area you can reach from the beginning. When Foe Hammer says "The last transmission from the captain's drop ship was from this area. That was over twelve hours ago.", immediately keep pressing [Grenade], but do not move. After a few seconds, the drop ship will take back off while you are still in it. It will fly around for approximately 20 seconds and then crash. Exit the drop ship, and walk directly away from the ship until you reach a clearing. Move towards the center and out of the fog to see a marine. He will not move or say anything unless you shoot him in the foot with your pistol.Hidden Sleeping Grunt
In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, defeat all enemies after using the tank. Move forward and down the last tunnel (where the Wraith shoots from the top of it). Kill all the enemies, then move to the other side of the cave, and go to the left edge of the room to find a Grunt sleeping on the edge of the level.
Play "The Pillar Of Autumn" mission on the Legendary difficulty. Jump on the cryo tube Master Chief comes out of. Jump on the shield recharger, then jump on the walkway. You will see some barrels. Jump on the top one. Wait for the person that woke you up to die, then jump down. Get to the captain, and shoot him. As soon as Cortana says, "rampant", find the door the invincible marines came out of. Get past them, and another door will open. The marines cannot get you while you are in this area. Look up at the "M" made out of bullets. After you see it, you will be trapped, and the marines can now kill you.Hidden music
In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, when you start crossing the ice bridge (the final bridge in the mission) located in the same canyon as the last pyramid structure housing the control room, quickly kill the Elites while ignoring all other enemies. Once the Elites are dead, get in a Banshee. Note: If the Elites remain alive, they will take off in the Banshee. Once you are in the Banshee, kill some of the enemies, then begin flying towards the control room entrance. There is a Forerunner structure extending straight up out of the top of the control room entrance. The structure is bound to the cliff walls by two half-ring-like structures. Fly up to the first of the two ring-like structures, and carefully land the Banshee on top. Get out, and walk to the edge of the structure on the right side (facing the cliff-wall). Remain idle until a song titled "Siege Of Madrigal" begins playing. Note: This does not work on the "Two Betrayals" mission.Random messages
Create a new account, and enter ".fortune" as a name to get a random message on the screen. Enter it again to get a different random message.Killing Hunters
Equip the pistol, and go behind a Hunter. Shoot the orange spot on their back once to instantly kill them.Trollface reference
Play "The Pillar Of Autumn" mission until you receive the Magnum from Captain Keyes. When you walk out of the room in which you received the Magnum, there will be a bulletin on the wall with things such as "Fist of the Unicorn" and "Have you seen my goose?". There is a Trollface at the bottom left corner of the post that says "Dark Planetoid Rising".Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- The Silent Cartographer (25 points): Complete the level "The Silent Cartographer" on any difficulty.
- Assault on the Control Room (25 points): Complete the level "Assault on the Control Room" on any difficulty.
- Pillar of Autumn (25 points): Complete the level "Pillar of Autumn" on any difficulty.
- Halo (25 points): Complete the level "Halo" on any difficulty.
- Truth and Reconciliation (25 points): Complete the level "Truth and Reconciliation" on any difficulty.
- 343 Guilty Spark (25 points): Complete the level "343 Guilty Spark" on any difficulty.
- The Library (25 points): Complete the level "The Library" on any difficulty.
- Two Betrayals (25 points): Complete the level "Two Betrayals" on any difficulty.
- Keyes (25 points): Complete the level "Keyes" on any difficulty.
- The Maw (25 points): Complete the level "The Maw" on any difficulty.
- Tsantsa (50 points): Complete any level with at least three skulls active on Heroic difficulty or higher.
- What have we here? (10 points): Read a terminal.
- Heavy Reading (25 points): Read half the terminals hidden throughout the campaign.
- Dear Diary... (50 points): Read all of the terminals hidden throughout the campaign.
- Looks like the Oddball (10 points): Find your first campaign skull.
- Skulls Taken! (25 points): Locate half of the skulls hidden throughout the campaign.
- Headhunter (50 points): Locate all the skulls hidden throughout the campaign.
- Birth of a Spartan (10 points): Complete every level of the game on Normal difficulty.
- Believe in a Hero (20 points): Complete every level of the game on Heroic difficulty.
- Living Legend (50 points): Complete every level of the game on Legendary difficulty.
- Standard Operating Brocedure (10 points): Complete any level on Normal difficulty cooperatively.
- Brovershield (20 points): Complete any level on Heroic difficulty cooperatively.
- Bro Hammer (50 points): Complete any level on Legendary difficulty cooperatively.
- He's Unstoppable! (20 points): Complete any level on Heroic difficulty or higher without taking health damage.
- Overshields are for Sissies (10 points): Complete the level "Pillar of Autumn" on Legendary without picking up an Overshield.
- Walk it Off (25 points): Complete the level "Pillar of Autumn" on Legendary without picking up a health kit.
- No-Fly Zone (10 points): Destroy three of the four Banshees on "Halo" on any difficulty during a single play-through.
- How Pedestrian (25 points): Complete the level "Halo" on any difficulty without entering a vehicle.
- Close Quarters Combat (25 points): Complete the level "Truth and Reconciliation" with at least four rounds left in your Sniper Rifle.
- I'll Be Taking That! (25 points): Pilot a Banshee on the level "Assault on the Control Room."
- This One's for Jenkins! (10 points): Kill 50 Flood Combat Forms on the level "343 Guilty Spark" on Heroic difficulty or higher.
- That Just Happened (10 points): Complete the level "The Library" on Heroic difficulty or higher without dying.
- Speed Reader (25 points): Complete the level "The Library" on Legendary difficulty in 30 minutes or less.
- Look Out for the Little Guys (10 points): Complete the level "Two Betrayals" on Heroic difficulty or higher without killing any Grunts.
- Leave It Where It Lay (25 points): Complete the level "Two Betrayals" on Legendary difficulty without picking up a new weapon.
- Popcorn.gif (25 points): Kill 100 Flood Infection Forms on the level "Keyes" on Heroic difficulty or above.
- All According to Plan... (10 points): Kill all the enemies in the first encounter of "Truth and Reconciliation" without being detected.
- Beachhead (10 points): Storm the beach of "The Silent Cartographer" with no marine casualties on Heroic or Legendary.
- Grenadier (25 points): Escape the map room in "The Silent Cartographer" without firing a shot on Heroic or Legendary.
- Wraith Hunter (10 points): Destroy four Wraith tanks in "Assault on the Control Room" with the Scorpion tank, in a single play.
- Breaking Quarantine (25 points): Escape the Forerunner facility on the level "343 Guilty Spark" in 21 minutes or less.
- Tying Up Loose Ends (10 points): Kill every Elite on the level "Keyes" on Heroic difficulty or above.
- This Side Up (10 points): Complete the Warthog ride on the level "The Maw" without being forcibly ejected from your vehicle.
- Never Tell Me the Odds (25 points): Escape "The Maw" on Legendary with at least a minute left on the countdown.