Halo 5: Guardians
Bonus armor and helmets
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding armor and/or helmet:
- Mark VI (Gen 1) armor and helmet: Unlock the “Your Journey Begins” achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection .
- Mark VI (Gen 1) Scarred armor and helmet: Unlock the “Cairo Stations” achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection .
- Helioskrill armor and helmet: Unlock the “Legend” achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection .
- Nightfall armor: Watch all five episodes of Halo: Nightfall .
- Nightfall helmet: Watch Halo: Nightfall – Episode 1, “Second Story” .
All Skulls locations
Search the indicated locations to find all 14 Skulls and get the “Gravelord” achievement.
[0:07] – Mission 1 – IWHBYD (I Would Have Been Your Daddy): After the second large fight area, before entering the room with the elevator, jump up the the left side cliff to find the skull at the end of this ledge.
[0:40] – Mission 2 – Black Eye: Once you reach the reactor room, clear out a few enemies, then go the very left side of the room near the ammo cache. Use the cache to get on top of the large pipes on the side of the wall. Follow the pipes to the back of the room and jump across to the ledge when they end. Ground Pound through the vent in the floor into a red room where you will find the skull on a table.
[1:34] – Mission 3 – Iron (Legendary): This skull can only be attained on the Legendary difficulty. If you try on any other difficulty, you will not be able to shoot down the Phaeton. After getting into the Scorpion, proceed up the hill and take out the beam turrets. You go under a large rock arch way and follow the path to the right. As you move past the big building to the left, you will see a friendly cargo ship appear in the sky in front of you. A Phaeton will begin the chase it and shoot at it. You must shoot down the Phaeton before it takes out the cargoship. You can do this using the Scorpion’s main gun, or turret, or a combination of both in co-op. If successful, you will hear the Grunt Birthday Party sound effect; otherwise, reload the last checkpoint. After taking down the Phaeton, the skull will spawn in one of three locations — either alongside the fence in the nearby area in between two yellow barrels (this is just before the tower you passed), on top of the roof of the Scorpion bay underneath a yellow barrel, or under the small archway near the entrance of the area close to the bridge next to two metal boxes. Collect the skull from one of these three locations to unlock it.
[3:33] – Mission 5 – Blind: After the sniper section, go to the top of the hill and the large vault door will open. Once it opens, get on the left ledge, then jump on the box and jump onto the vents at the top of the room. Then, follow the vents to find a small cave/path with the skull.
[4:14] – Mission 6 – Thunderstorm: This skull requires you to destroy five traffic cones in two minutes at the very start of the level. The final traffic cone will unspawn if you are not fast enough. Jump into a Gungoose if you are alone, or Warthog if you have a partner that can drive/take the turret in order to do this quickly. Upon destroying all five traffic cones (you will hear the Grunt Birthday Party sound effect after destroying each cone), proceed to the end of the level to find the skull on the ground as you enter outside as the Guardian begins to “pulse.”
[6:37] – Mission 7 – Grunt Birthday Party: After your first enemy encounter near the downed covenant ship, get on the path above and behind it. Follow the path to the end to find the singing grunt holding a skull. Click the “Punt” prompt, and the skull will replace him after he flies off.
[7:46] – Mission 7 – Fog: At the end of the level, after exiting the underground cave system that you can walk or fly through, notice a large structure in front of you which is where your objective is. Do not go here yet since it ends the level; instead, go to the right and follow the path up the hill to find the skull on the platform.
[8:25] – Mission 8 – Mythic: After you walk through the ruins and see the covenant reinforcements, you will need to navigate to a high platform on your left as you enter the area. To do this, jump on the diagonal beam in the doorway of the entrance to this area and then sprint, jump, dash, and mantle your way up. The skull is in plain sight once on the platform.
[9:48] – Mission 10 – Catch: Once on the Kraken, go down and find one of the two Banshee docking bays. You will need to find the correct bay; to do so, look at the back of the banshees and find the greenlit hall. If it is to your left, it is correct; if it is to your right, switch to the other bay. Once in the correct bay, look up to the left to see a small platform in this room. Grab a banshee and fly over to it, get out of the banshee, and collect the skull that is in plain sight.
[10:42] – Mission 12 – Cowbell: You will enter a large area with a Guardian at the very back in plain sight. Stay on ground level and go as close to the Guardian as the map allows. From the edge of this area, look down to see a metal beam and concrete platform. Slowly jump down one level, landing safely on the beam, and then turn around to see the skull.
[11:25] – Mission 13 – Tilt: After the encounter with the Warden Eternal, you will find a group of rocks (just to the right as you enter the area after crossing the bridge). You will need to do a few crouch jumps and mantle to the tallest point of this group of rocks. The skull is at the top.
[12:04] – Mission 14 – Famine: You will enter a circular room where the Warden Eternal spawns in the middle and quickly disappears upwards into a purple streak of light. Navigate into the hall that circles underneath him to collect the skull before progressing through the mission.
[12:30] – Mission 15 – Tough Luck: Run up the ramp behind Gamma Core to what looks like the side of a buried Forerunner structure. Climb the rocks to the right of it, and jump carefully across the ledges toward the crashed UNSC Pelican. Next to it is the skull. If you are having trouble jumping to the Pelican’s platform, use the boost to help close the distance between the platforms.
Special weapons (weapon variants) locations
Search the indicated locations to find the special weapons (weapon variants) in the campaign.
- [0:07] – Mission 1 – Open Hand
- [0:45] – Mission 1 – Loathsome Thing
- [1:12] – Mission 2 – Blaze Of Glory
- [1:37] – Mission 5 – Nornfang
- [2:00] – Mission 7 – Talon Of The Lost
- [2:22] – Mission 7 – Pool Of Radiance
- [2:45] – Mission 7 – River Of Light
- [3:17] – Mission 7 – Twin Jewels Of Moethrillion
- [3:43] – Mission 13 – Lights Of Urs
- [4:13] – Mission 13 – Spitfire
- [4:43] – Mission 13 – The Answer x 2
- [5:09] – Mission 14 – Didact’s Signet
- [5:35] – Mission 15 – Vorpal Talon
Banshee Spawn Easter Egg
When Mission 2: Blue Team begins, proceed forward to the large window, then turn right to exit the ship. When you exit the ship and are on the deck overlooking the large ship, turn to the left and shoot the small black skull below the large window you just passed in the ship. Next, shoot just slightly below the (only) yellow light on the large ship directly in front of you to spawn a bunch of Banshees from the ship.
Vending Machine Easter Egg
When Mission 3: Glassed begins, proceed forward. After passing the first structure on the right, you will see another building with a set of stairs. Go past the stairs and underneath the building. There is a room you can enter on the left that contains a Blu Soda vending machine. Go up to it (works best while holding the assault rifle) and “Activate” will appear. Activate it three times to spawn a magnum, activate it three more times for a shotgun, and activate it three more times to get the SAW. The SAW weapon is especially useful when playing the mission on the Heroic and Legendary difficulties.
Requisition card categories
Requisition cards that belong to the indicated category can be used in the listed mode and are either permanent or can only be used once.
|Weapons Skins||Permanent||Arena and Warzone|
|Assassinations||Permanent||Arena and Warzone|
|Stance||Permanent||Arena and Warzone|
|Boosts||Single-Use||Arena and Warzone|
|Armor||Permanent||Arena and Warzone|
|Emblems||Permanent||Arena and Warzone|
|Visors||Permanent||Arena and Warzone|
|Helmets||Permanent||Arena and Warzone|
|REQ Point Grant||Single-Use||Arena and Warzone|
Easy “Death From Above” achievement
Near the beginning of Mission 12: Battle Of Sunaion, you will go through a door that you will have to wait to open. After going through the door, you will see the first turret in the mission. Proceed forward and to the left of the turret. Go down the hallway to see a building on the left with two windows and a door. Go through the window to find a staircase and golden grate at the bottom of the stairs, which is the grate you need to smash to get the achievement. Go up most of the stairs, then jump and perform a Ground Pound with enough height so a blast radius appears below. Make sure the grate is within the blast radius circle of the Ground Pound and a Grunt is nearby to get the “Death From Above” achievement.
Easy “Double Stuff” and “Icy Cool” achievements
Play Mission 15: Guardians on the Heroic difficulty. Once you reach the energy cores (large blue balls with moving rings around them) part way through the mission, clear out the enemies, and work your way up to the left side to find another energy core at the top of the hill. Once ready, climb the tall rock nearby and Ground Pound (jump, then hold [Melee]) the energy core to get the “Icy Cool” achievement. If done correctly, it should be destroyed with a single hit. In the same area where you get the “Icy Cool” achievement, you can get the “Double Stuff” achievement, which requires you to destroy two energy cores within a five second window. Damage the first energy core you encounter and the next one up the hill to the left of that one so they turn red. Make sure to also kill all of the nearby enemies. Then, split your team into two groups, and coordinate the energy cores to be destroyed at the same time. If you are in co-op, just time it with your partner(s) (you can also attempt to get both achievements at the same time). If you are doing it solo, command the AI to destroy the core and immediately destroy your core as the other one is destroyed. If you fail, reload the checkpoint.
Easy “Emergency Boarding Procedures” and “Kraken Lackin'” achievements
Easy “Enemy Of My Enemy” achievement
Play Mission 1: Osiris on the Heroic difficulty. Near the end of the mission, you will enter a large uphill battle area where Covenant and Promethean are fighting. At the bottom of the hill is a gold armored Elite that you need to make sure stays alive so that he can reach the top of the hill once all the promethean are killed. You will want to make sure you are prepared by picking up the Light Rifle and Suppressor or Carbine in the previous areas. From the start of this battle, run up the right hand side killing Prometheans while scanning the battlefield for potential threats that might come in contact with the Elite. The Elite likes to rush forward — so you can have someone in your co-op group keep him busy by getting his attention and dodging his bullets. If you are doing this solo (not recommended), tell your team to run as far up the hill as possible. If they stay behind, they will shoot and kill the Elite. Near the top, flank from the right and destroy the turrets. Once at the top of the hill, the Elite will join your team, but the achievement will not unlock until all other enemies are dead. Reload the checkpoint if he dies or there is any other problems.
Easy “Going The Distance” and “Shoot From The Hip” achievements
Play Mission 3: Glassed on the Easy difficulty. Successfully complete the entire mission without entering any vehicle and never zooming in with any weapon. Try removing your finger from even touching the zoom-in button so you do not accidentally press the button. Try saving often in case you accidentally do zoom-in with a weapon or enter a vehicle so you can load from the last save instead of having to start from the beginning.
Easy “I Thought I’d Lost You” achievement
In Mission 2: Blue Team, proceed until you reach the two hunters in the laboratory. Instead of killing them, use the pipes to sneak to the back of the room. Open the hatch and jump down. Then, proceed through the mission until the very end and after killing the two hunters, and an additional two hunters will spawn (from the area before). As soon as the second pair of hunters spawn, you will get the “I Thought I’d Lost You” achievement.
Easy “Maverick” achievement
Play Mission 5: Unconfirmed on the Easy difficulty in Co-op mode. Once you reach the final part of the mission in the drilling facility underground, you will find two mongooses on a large square platform with lots of enemies. Have two players get in one mongoose. The driver has a cannon on the front, and the backseat passenger should try using a shotgun (if possible) and throwing lots of grenades (you will have unlimited grenades) behind the mongoose to kill enemies. This can be done with up to four players. Once you get a total of 30 kills between your entire group in the vehicles, you will get the “Maverick” achievement. It should only take a minute or two to get enough kills for the achievement.
Easy “My Rules” achievement
The “My Rules” achievement can easily be obtained on Mission 4: Meridian Station, Mission 9: Alliance, or Mission 11: Before The Storm. All three of these missions involve no enemies, and can be completed in minutes. Select any three skulls on the Heroic difficulty, and quickly run through the mission while talking to the appropriate characters to complete the mission and get the achievement.
Easy “No Knock Raid” achievement
In Mission 8: Swords Of Sanghelios, destroy the ten breakable objects shown in the video to get the “No Knock Raid” achievement.
Easy “On My Mark” achievement
In Mission 2: Blue Team in co-op, as you enter the first room with enemies near the beginning, sneak to the left, assassinate the grunt, and jump up to the vent with your partner. Inside the vent, have one player take the right turn, and the other player continue straight. Each player can drop down the vents and onto an Elite. Once in position in the vents, together, countdown so you both assassinate your Elites at the same time. To assassinate an Elite, you must stealthily hit them from behind and hold [Melee]. If both players assassinate their Elites at the same time, both players will get the “On My Mark” achievement. If you fail, simply reload last checkpoint and try again.
Easy “Prison Break” achievement
Easy “Rolling Thunder” achievement
Play Mission 13: Genesis on the Heroic difficulty. As soon as the Scorpion tank spawns near the beginning of the mission, get inside it. Proceed forward and shoot one of the enemy Ghosts. Once one of the enemy Ghosts is destroyed, exit the tank and either shoot the Elite in the other Ghost or have your teammates shoot at the second enemy Ghost while you sneak up on it and hijack it. Then, drive the Ghost over to the other two nearby Ghosts. Order your teammates to get inside the three ghosts, then get inside the Scorpion tank to get the “Rolling Thunder” achievement. Note: If both Ghosts get destroyed, simply reload the last checkpoint and try again.
Easy “Worms Don’t Surf” achievement
Play Mission 12: Battle Of Sunaion on the Easy difficulty. After you destroy all of the turrets, you will have to make your way up some disks. At the very end of this section, there are two Hunters. You need to knock these two Hunters off the edge to get the “Worms Don’t Surf” achievement. It is a lot harder than it sounds, and is easier to do in co-op. If you are playing solo, either keep sending your AI team away from you or kill them so they do not kill the Hunters or enrage them. Get the Hunters to swing at you and get near the edge so they fall off. Once one of the Hunters is near the edge, get him to lunge at you and then dash away. If he does not fall off, Spartan Charge into him to shock him, and then try again. A good reason to do this in co-op is if you fall off with the first Hunter, a teammate can try to get the other Hunter to fall off the edge. After the first Hunter falls off the edge, the second Hunter will become enraged. Just keep running around the edge to lure the Hunter near you. Stand between him and the edge, and eventually he will swing at you and fall off the edge.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Your Team is Your Weapon (10 points): Commanded your team of Spartans in Osiris.
- Your Style (10 points): Changed your Spartan’s gear in the Spartan Hub.
- Raise Your Banner (10 points): Changed your Emblem in the Spartan Hub.
- Make Your Mark (10 points): Changed your Service Tag in the Spartan Hub.
- Gamemaster (10 points): Created and saved a Custom Game.
- Benchwarmer (10 points): Spectated a game.
- Cry Havoc (10 points): Completed 3 matchmade games of Warzone.
- Bringing in the Big Guns (10 points): Called in a REQ that costs 5 Energy or more.
- Go for the Gold (10 points): Opened a Gold REQ Pack.
- Warlord (20 points): Won a match on all three original Warzone maps.
- Castle Crasher (20 points): Completed 5 matchmade games of Strongholds.
- Off to the Races (20 points): Completed 5 matchmade games of Breakout.
- Flag Monger (20 points): Completed 5 matchmade games of Capture the Flag.
- Spartan Decimation (20 points): Completed 5 matchmade games of Slayer.
- Into the Fire (10 points): Completed Mission 1.
- Argent Moon (10 points): Completed Mission 2.
- Glasslands (10 points): Completed Mission 3.
- Roots of the Earth (10 points): Completed Mission 4.
- Stolen Gauntlet (10 points): Completed Mission 5.
- Escape (10 points): Completed Mission 6.
- Together Again (10 points): Completed Mission 7.
- Swords (10 points): Completed Mission 8.
- Old Bones (10 points): Completed Mission 9.
- Breakthrough (10 points): Completed Mission 10.
- Stormbound (10 points): Completed Mission 11.
- Civil War (10 points): Completed Mission 12.
- Reclamation (10 points): Completed Mission 13.
- A New Dawn (10 points): Completed Mission 14.
- Sentinels (10 points): Completed Mission 15.
- Gravedigger (10 points): Found and claimed a Skull.
- Legacy (10 points): Completed every Mission of the game on Normal difficulty.
- Heroes Rise (40 points): Completed every Mission of the game on Heroic difficulty.
- Forging a Legend (60 points): Completed every Mission of the game on Legendary difficulty.
- Conspiracy Theory (10 points): Found and claimed one piece of Intel.
- Top of the Food Chain (30 points): Killed a Legendary Boss in Warzone.
- Hunt the Truth (40 points): Found and claimed all Intel.
- Fire Drill (10 points): Finished Evacuation within 18:00 without dying on Heroic difficulty.
- Gravelord (40 points): Found and claimed all Skulls.
- Enemy of my Enemy (10 points): Helped the Elite General charge the hill in Osiris on Heroic difficulty.
- I Thought I’d Lost You (10 points): Escaped the Hunters in the lab and fought them in the hangar in Blue Team.
- On My Mark (10 points): Simultaneously assassinated two Elites in Blue Team co-op.
- Going the Distance (10 points): Completed Glassed without entering a vehicle.
- Shoot from the Hip (10 points): Completed Glassed without any players using Smart-Link.
- Waiting on You (10 points): Killed an enemy that’s had its armor repaired in Unconfirmed.
- Maverick (10 points): Teamed up in a vehicle to kill 30 enemies in Unconfirmed co-op.
- Savior (10 points): Kept 6 miners alive at the elevator in Evacuation on Heroic difficulty.
- Take a Hike (10 points): Traversed the canyon without a Phaeton in Reunion on Heroic difficulty.
- No Witnesses (10 points): Destroyed the Phantom at the Covenant camp in Reunion on Heroic difficulty.
- No Knock Raid (10 points): Destroyed 10 walls or floors in Swords of Sanghelios.
- Preying Mantis (10 points): Completed Swords of Sanghelios co-op with both Mantises on Heroic difficulty.
- Kraken Lackin’ (10 points): Completed Enemy Lines without destroying a Kraken turret.
- Emergency Boarding Procedures (10 points): Escaped the doomed Kraken by jumping onto a Phaeton piloted by a Spartan.
- Death from Above (10 points): Killed a Grunt and smashed a grate with a Ground Pound in Battle of Sunaion.
- Worms Don’t Surf (10 points): Knocked two Hunters into the ocean during the Battle of Sunaion.
- Tank Still Beats Everything (10 points): Finished the 13th mission without losing the Scorpion on Legendary difficulty.
- Rolling Thunder (10 points): Operated four different vehicles at once in Mission 13 on Heroic difficulty.
- Harbinger (10 points): Completed The Breaking on Legendary difficulty without the entire fireteam dying.
- Prison Break (10 points): Simultaneously killed two Wardens in The Breaking on Heroic difficulty.
- Icy Cool (10 points): Used a Ground Pound on an exterior power core in Guardians on Heroic difficulty.
- Double Stuff (10 points): Simultaneously destroyed 2 cores in Guardians on Heroic difficulty.
- Lone Wolf (100 points): Completed every Mission of the game by yourself on Legendary difficulty.
- One for All (10 points): Completed any co-op Mission on Heroic difficulty.
- All for One (40 points): Completed every co-op Mission on Heroic difficulty.
- My Rules (20 points): Completed any Mission with 3+ Skulls active on Heroic difficulty.
- Valor Recognized (20 points): Qualified for a Competitive Skill Rating.
The following achievements require the “Score Attack” bonus downloadable content:
- Drop A Quarter (10 points): Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 10,000 points.
- Up For A Challenge (20 points): Reach 50,000 points in Score Attack with a Skull multiplier of x2 or higher.
- Party Hearty (25 points): Complete a mission in Score Attack co-op, with all participants scoring at least 200,000 points.
- The Hare (20 points): Beat the par time of a mission in Score Attack.
- The Tortoise (50 points): Complete a mission in Score Attack with at least 500,000 points.
The following achievements require the “Warzone Firefight” bonus downloadable content:
- Not Your First Rodeo (40 points): Successfully complete 5 Warzone Firefight matches.
- Tour of Duty (60 points): Complete a Warzone Firefight match on 6 unique maps.
- Dangerous Game (25 points): Earn a Mythic Boss Takedown in a Warzone Firefight match.