Strategy Guide/Walkthrough/FAQ - Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 2
At the options screen, press LB + RB to display an extra options menu with blood color, map zoom, and other selections.Completion bonuses
Successfully complete the game. Start another game and enter the extra options menu to access new features.
A "Bullet Adjust" option can be set, allowing the normal amount of ammunition found at a location to be doubled or tripled.
A "Noise Effect" option can be toggled.
Another new option can be toggled, allowing scenes to be viewed without distortion.
Successfully complete the game on the easy, normal, and hard puzzle difficulty settings. Select the hard puzzle difficulty again and begin a new game to have a new combination of puzzles.Reveal signs
Unlock all five endings, then start a new game. All signs will now be revealed.Chain saw
Successfully complete the game on the normal difficulty and normal puzzle difficulty settings. Start a new game to find a chain saw among logs before the cemetery.Hyper Spray
Successfully complete the game two times. Start a new game to find the Hyper Spray on the south side of the motor home.Book Of Lost Memories
Successfully complete the game. Start a new game and look for the newspaper stand near the Texxon Gas Station. The Book Of Lost Memories can be found inside.Dog Key
Successfully complete the game with the "Rebirth" ending. Start a new game and a dog house will now appear near Jack's Inn. Look inside the dog house to find the Dog Key.Obsidian Goblet
Successfully complete the game. Start a new game and enter the Historical Society building. The Obsidian Goblet can be found on a shelf.White Chrism
Successfully complete the game. Start a new game to find White Chrism vial in the kitchen of apartment 105 in Blue Creek Apartments.Introduction FMV sequence audio
If you wait at the title screen for awhile, the introduction FMV sequence will begin. In some scenes, there will be no audio. Successfully complete the game one time and the audio will be restored to those scenes.Hidden skulls in picture
Go to room 307 in "Wood Side Apartments". On the third floor is a picture on the wall. Press X and the message "There's a painting hanging on the wall. It looks like a landscape of this area." will appear. Look at the picture to see two skulls on the side of the mountains.
One of the rooms you will enter in the Labyrinth will include six men that have been hung by the ceiling. Your job is to free the innocent man in the group. In easy riddle mode, the innocent man will always be, "The Kidnapper". In normal riddle mode, the innocent man will always be, "The Arsonist". In hard riddle mode, the innocent man will always be ,"The Counterfeiter". Once you find out who the innocent man is, pull the corresponding empty noose in the second room to release the body. In his place, the Key Of The Persecuted will be on the floor below.Box combination
When you get almost to the end of the hospital area and go down in the elevator, you will get a call on the radio. It is game show which will ask three questions. You must go to the third floor storeroom to get your prize. The combination to the box is 3 1 3. Note: This is for the easy and normal difficulty setting.Defeating Eddie
In the first battle, equip your rifle and as soon as you get the chance, shoot him four times. He will run away. Follow him into the next room. Get far away from him and just keep shooting until he dies. If he gets in close, run away and shoot him. If done correctly, he should be locked in between shots and you will not get hit.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Childhood Trauma (10 points): Defeat Abstract Daddy.
- Don't Keep Her Waiting (15 points): Complete Boat Stage in less than 1 min 20 seconds.
- Fountain of Youth (10 points): Acquire the White Chrism.
- Free to Go (10 points): Unlock the "Leave" ending.
- Goodbye (10 points): Unlock the "In Water" ending.
- Hard to Hit (20 points): Receive less than 500 points of damage in one game, in SH2.
- I Don't Need You Anymore (10 points): Defeat Pyramid Head.
- I.Q. Test (30 points): Complete SH2 on Extra Riddle difficulty.
- It All Makes Sense Now (15 points): Unlock the "Dog" ending.
- Keen Eye (15 points): Find at least 150 items + extra items in SH2.
- Keep Your Distance (15 points): Defeat at least 75 enemies by shooting in SH2.
- Light Reading (10 points): Acquire the book of Crimson Ceremony.
- Man's Best Friend (40 points): Acquire the Dog Key.
- Melee Master (15 points): Defeat at least 75 enemies by fighting in SH2.
- Never to be Heard from Again (15 points): Unlock the "UFO" ending.
- Not So Lost Memories (10 points): Acquire the book of Lost Memories.
- Overkill (15 points): Acquire the Chainsaw.
- Playing on the Edge (30 points): Complete SH2 with 2 saves or less.
- Restless Dreams (15 points): Unlock the "Born from a Wish" ending.
- Say Goodbye (15 points): Defeat Mary.
- Say Your Prayers (15 points): Unlock the "Rebirth" ending.
- Second Best (10 points): Unlock the "Maria" ending.
- She Would Be Proud (50 points): Unlock all Achievements in SH2.
- Unholy Grail (20 points): Acquire the Obsidian Goblet.
- Warp Speed (25 points): Complete SH2 in 3 hours or less.
- We're Not Alone (20 points): Acquire the Blue Gem.
- Where's that Letter!? (10 points): Defeat Flesh Lips.
- Who Needs a Gun? (25 points): Acquire the Green Hyper Spray.
Silent Hill 3
To use the bonus costumes, you must first complete the game once and unlock the "Extra Costume" option. Enter the following case-sensitive passwords and you will be prompted for that costume. Once entered, you can then equip them during the game.
- Heather Shirt: HappyBirthDay
- Onsen: I_Love_You
- Block Head: PutHere2FeelJoy
- Don't Touch: TOUCH_MY_HEART
- God Of Thunder: GangsterGirl
- The Ligh: LightToFuture
- Transience: ShogyouMujou
- Killer Rabbit: BlueRobbieWin
- Royal Flush: 01_03_08_11_12
- Golden Rooster: cockadooodledoo
- Transform Costume: PrincessHeart (Note: This is actually a key)
- 13ème RUE = Suspense
- Zipper: Shut_your_mouth
Successfully complete the game, then highlight the "Extra New Game" option at the main menu and press Up(2), Down(2), Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A. If you entered the code correctly, Heather will sigh after you choose a difficulty and riddle level. In some scenes when you see Douglas, he will be wearing his underwear.Extra options menu
At the options screen, press LB, LT, RB, or RT to display an extra options menu.Beginner fighting difficulty setting
Intentionally die twice during a game on the normal fighting difficulty setting. The fighting difficulty setting can now be set to "Beginner" in the extra options menu.Life display option
Successfully complete the game on the hard difficulty setting to unlock "Life Display" at the extra options screen.Advancing to Extreme Action Mode X easily
Defeating the final Boss on Extreme Action Mode X is very hard. However, there is way to get around it. Do the Revenge ending repeatedly and you are on your way to Level X. The only Boss monster that you should encounter is the worm that resembles a mutated Johnson on Sundays. Beware, your only weapon during this quest is the slow, fairly strong Sexy Beam. Become familiar with using the Sexy Beam, use the True Heather Beam (RT + A) on dogs and flying monsters, and use the Heather Ray (RT + A(2) or Forward + RT + A) on the giant monsters and the squirming little ones. Remember you can recover your stamina by exiting and reentering a room. Stamina is a must during this quest.Unlock up to ten Extreme Action Mode games
Finish the game in hard action mode to unlock Extreme Action Mode 1 (an increased difficulty mode). Finish Extreme Action Mode 1 to unlock Mode 2, etc. Continue doing this until you unlock the last one, Extreme Action Mode X. If you finish this last mode you will be rewarded with the God Of Thunder T-shirt.UFO ending
Successfully complete game and unlock the Princess Heart costume and the Heather Beam weapon. The Heather Beam is a special weapon which you can only use if Heather or Cheryl is not holding any weapon. Defeat all monsters and Bosses using only the Heather Beam. Note: The "Monster defeated" counter should read 0 kills.Possessed ending
Kill all monsters with any weapon except melee ones, preferably the unlimited machine gun (a special weapon).Extra interactive scenes
To get extra scenes while playing the game, have a completed saved game file from Silent Hill 2. New interactions with some objects and new scenes will now be available. These scenes are similar or with some type of reference to the previous game. The flashback scene locations are:
When you examine the second stall in the 1F ladies room in the mall.
When you examine the mail boxes across from Daisy Villa Apartments.
When you examine the poster at Haven's Night.
When you examine the small section of fence on the north side of the Brookhaven Hospital's Roof Area.
Equipping the Princess Heart or Transform costume will make Heather run long distances without getting tired. This is also useful for the Heather Beam weapon, since it depends on how tired Heather is.Weapons
You can find a shotgun is in the subway and a machine gun in the hospital. The best weapon for last battle is the katana.Special weapon locations
Once you unlocked the following Special weapons they can be found at their respective places:
Beam Saber: At the end of the hallway where you get the bookstore key; hanging on the door.
Flamethrower-In Helen's Bakery (where you get the tongs); on the counter.
Infinite Ammo Sub-Machine Gun: Immediately after exiting out of the bathroom window (after the start of the game) go left; it is at the dead end.
Heather Beam: After obtaining it, you always have it. You can use it when no weapon is equipped.
After the sewer, go to the apartment 5F. You will see a room with a big hole. There is mattress near the hole. To the right of it is a wall that that has a light blue color section. Use a pipe to break the wall and get the silencer.Unlock the Flamethrower and the Beam Saber with just one game played completely
To unlock these two extra-weapons without having to play a new game from the beginning, save your game in the tarot-puzzle room just before the last Boss. When you finish the game, you will unlock one of the weapons (Flamethrower or Beam Saber). Save your results. After this, load that previous saved game and finish it again. You will now unlock the other weapon.Unlock the Flamethrower, Beam Saber, and Unlimited Sub Machine Gun with just one game played completely
Finish the game and save your results. You should have at least one special weapon unlocked (Beam Saber, Unlimited Sub Machine Gun, or Flamethrower). Then, load your saved game again. Finishing the game the second time with the same save will unlock the Flamethrower (if you do not have it). Finish the game the third time, but kill the last Boss, Claudia, with only melee weapons such as the Maul or the Katana. After that, you will unlock the Unlimited Sub Machine Gun. Note: If you do not have the Beam Saber, then in the third time through kill the last Boss, Claudia, with long range weapons such as the shotgun or the sub machine gun.Heather Beam firing modes
There are three ways to fire the Heather Beam. The Homing Ray is only usable when Heather is not wearing the Princess Heart costume, and can be done by holding A. The second one is The Psycho Ball, which is usable anytime and can be done by pressing A then pressing and holding A a second time. The third one is Heather True-Beam, which is only usable when Heather is wearing the Princess Heart or Transform costume, and can be done by holding A.Setting the ammo multiplier
You can only set the ammo multiplier after successfully completing the game at least once. Then, press Select to go to the status menu, and go to the options menu. Press LB, LT, RB, or RT to enter the extra options menu. You can now set the ammo multiplier to any value. The ammo multiplier will set the amount of any ammunition you pick by a multiplying its current ammo value to the number you set in the bullet multiplier extra option. For example, when you pick a magazine of 32 bullets for the machine gun, you will instead get 64 bullets when you set the bullet multiplier to 2X.Ammo multiplier 5X
Finish the game once, then load your saved game again. Finish the game again nine times using the same saved game. When you start a new game or extra new game, enter the extra options menu. You can now set the bullet multiplier option to 5X. When you pick any ammunition, it will be multiplied nine times more than the normal amount.Blood color change
You can change the color of the blood in the extra options menu. You can set the blood color to green, and when you get hit or attack a monster it will instead spill green blood rather than the usual red.Getting Gold and Silver Pipes
In the place where you use the dryer to kill off some tentacles, walk to the water. Make sure you do not fall and press A. Answer the questions correctly to get it.Claudia
When the intermission sequence between Claudia and Vincent is finished and Vincent dies, use the necklace on Claudia.Puzzle in book store
When putting the books out of order, the solution is 4 5 2 3 1, on the normal action and normal riddle difficulty settings. The solution on the hard difficulty setting is 8 3 5 2.Second lobby door password in Brookhaven Hospital
The password is an easy math problem. The first digit is greater than the second digit. The second digit is the third digit multiplied by two. The third digit is half of the first digit. The solution is 8 6 3 4, on the normal action and normal riddle difficulty settings. The solution on the easy difficulty setting is 4 6 3 9. The solution on the hard difficulty setting is 4 8 9 6.Third lobby door password in Brookhaven Hospital
For this, go to floor B, then to the storeroom . Go to the end of the room and take a photo of the bloody wall with a shelf near it. The solution is 4 7 5 6, on the normal action and normal riddle difficulty settings. The solution on the hard difficulty setting is 1 3 2 8.Crematory puzzle in Brookhaven Hospital
The solution on the hard riddle difficulty setting is 9 2 7 1.Suitcase on bed password in Brookhaven Hospital
Look at the clock near the bed. The time is the password. For example, if the clock shows the 5h:6m, you would enter 0 5 0 6. The solution is 0 7 1 9, on the normal action and normal riddle difficulty settings. Note: The clock should be read in military time. For example, if the alarm clock reads as 2:14 then it should be entered as 14:14 on the suitcase.Bloody mode 33rd floor lock password in Brookhaven Hospital
After hospital changes to bloody mode, you can go to the 33rd floor. At the top of the room is a stony picture on the wall. This picture shows you the order of the digits. For example:
- I is number of this bed is digit 1
- II is number of this bed is digit 2
- III is number of this bed is digit 3
- IV is number of This bed is digit 4
Where the digits are indicate the number of beds that you see bloody. The solution is 8 2 3 7, on the normal action and normal riddle difficulty settings.Hidden ammunition in Brookhaven Hospital
For sub machine gun ammunition, go to the hospital roof.Order of tarot cards at the last door of the game
Arrange the cards as follows on the normal action and normal difficulty settings:
- Northwest position: Eye Of The Night
- Northeast position: Moon
- West position: High Priestess
- East position: Fool
- South position: Hanged Man
Arrange the cards as follows on the hard difficulty setting:
- Northwest position: The High Priestess
- North position: The Eye Of The Night
- Center position: The Fool
- East position: The Moon
- Southwest position: The Hanged Man
The riddle is a problem with Roman numerals. The Priestess is number II (2) as read on the book about tarots. The Eye Of The Night is XXII (22). The Fool is 0. The Moon is XVIII (18). The Hanged Man is XII (12). Look in the book of drawings to see that XVIII can stay only in the east position (the last letter is I instead of L); XII is only in the southwest position; II is only in the northwest position; 0 and XXII have two places where they can stay. Swap them until you find their correct place.
Equip the handgun and fire two shots. One should be fine, but fire two just in case. After Claudia bends over, equip the Maul (spiked mace) and do the overhead attack by pressing A hard. Since you will be invulnerable when Heather swings the Maul, Claudia will not hit you with her Retaliation smack. Note: Even though the swing is slow, Claudia will just wait for it.Pause canceling
Almost all action scenes can be canceled (such as when you are going up or down from an elevator) with Start. However, there is a point in the final area where the lift scene can be canceled, but it will pause the game first. When you press Start again, the game will resume, but the lift scene will be canceled.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- A Time to Kill (15 points): Defeat Leonard in under 3 minutes.
- Adrenaline Junkie (25 points): Complete SH3 in 3 hours or less.
- Blasphemy (15 points): Defeat God in under 8 minutes.
- Coolest. Dad. Ever. (25 points): Unlock the "UFO" ending.
- Eye For an Eye (15 points): Defeat Missionary in under 2 minutes.
- Flame On (40 points): Acquire the Flamethrower.
- Heather's Got a Gun (15 points): Acquire the Unlimited Submachine Gun.
- Hoarder (15 points): Pick up at least 100 items in SH3.
- I'm Normal I Promise (10 points): Unlock the "Normal" ending.
- If Looks Could Kill (25 points): Unlock the Heather Beam.
- It Was All in Your Head (15 points): Unlock the "Possesed" ending.
- Lost Memory (15 points): Defeat Memory of Alessa in under 3 minutes.
- Makes My Head Hurt (30 points): Complete SH3 with 2 saves or less.
- Ninja (20 points): Receive less than 500 points of damage in one game, in SH3.
- Pest Control (15 points): Defeat Split Worm in under 2 minutes.
- There's a New Sheriff in Town (40 points): Acquire the Beam Saber.
- They Look like Monsters to You? (15 points): Defeat at least 75 enemies by fighting in SH3.
- This Isn't an FPS! (15 points): Defeat at least 75 enemies by shooting in SH3.
- Time to Roll the Credits (50 points): Unlock all Achievements in SH3.
- Wall Basher (20 points): Acquire the Silencer.
- What the Hill Just Happened? (40 points): Acquire the Gold and Silver pipes.
- Where's Luna? (25 points): Equip the "Princess Heart" costume.