Strategy Guide/Walkthrough/FAQ - Halo 2
Strategy Guide/Walkthrough/FAQ - Halo 3
Successfully complete the indicated mission within the allotted time. This can be done by playing on the Easy difficulty without activating any Skull modifiers, and skipping any unnecessary engagements.
- Pillar Of Autumn: 15:00 minutes
- Halo: 20:00 minutes
- Truth And Reconciliation: 20:00 minutes
- Silent Cartographer: 15:00 minutes
- Assault On The Control Room: 15:00 minutes
- 343 Guilty Spark: 15:00 minutes
- The Library: 25:00 minutes
- Two Betrayals: 20:00 minutes
- Keyes: 15:00 minutes
- The Maw: 15:00 minutes
- Cairo Station: 15:00 minutes
- Outskirts: 15:00 minutes
- Metropolis: 15:00 minutes
- The Arbiter: 15:00 minutes
- The Oracle: 25:00 minutes
- Delta Halo: 15:00 minutes
- Regret: 15:00 minutes
- Sacred Icon: 15:00 minutes
- Quarantine Zone: 15:00 minutes
- Gravemind: 20:00 minutes
- Uprising: 15:00 minutes
- High Charity: 15:00 minutes
- The Great Journey: 15:00 minutes
- Sierra 117: 15:00 minutes
- Crow's Nest: 20:00 minutes
- Tvaso Highway: 20:00 minutes
- The Storm: 15:00 minutes
- Floodgate: 15:00 minutes
- The Ark: 20:00 minutes
- The Covenant: 20:00 minutes
- Cortana: 15:00 minutes
- Halo: 20:00 minutes
- Dawn: 15:00 minutes
- Requiem: 15:00 minutes
- Forerunner: 20:00 minutes
- Infinity: 25:00 minutes
- Reclaimer: 20:00 minutes
- Shutdown: 20:00 minutes
- Composer: 20:00 minutes
- Midnight: 25:00 minutes
Successfully complete the indicated mission with a score that is higher than the listed value. This can be done by activating as many score related Skulls as possible, and playing on the Heroic or Legendary difficulty. You can also increase your score through melee attacks, headshots, killing sprees, and scoring multiple kills.
- Cairo Station: 25,000
- Outskirts: 25,000
- Metropolis: 25,000
- The Arbiter: 25,000
- The Oracle: 25,000
- Delta Halo: 25,000
- Regret: 25,000
- Sacred Icon: 25,000
- Quarantine Zone: 25,000
- Gravemind: 25,000
- Uprising: 25,000
- High Charity: 25,000
- The Great Journey: 25,000
- Sierra 117: 25,000
- Crow's Nest: 25,000
- Tvaso Highway: 25,000
- The Storm: 25,000
- Floodgate: 25,000
- The Ark: 25,000
- The Covenant: 25,000
- Cortana: 25,000
- Halo: 25,000
- Dawn: 25,000
- Requiem: 25,000
- Forerunner: 25,000
- Infinity: 25,000
- Reclaimer: 25,000
- Shutdown: 25,000
- Composer: 25,000
- Midnight: 25,000
At the main menu, select "Multiplayer", "Custom Games", "Halo: CE", then choose the "Battle Creek" map. While at the menu where you can customize the game on the "Battle Creek" map, click the Right Analog-stick to display the file options. Then, enter ".fortune" as the game type name to get the "Mystery Achievement" and a response that says "Everything lies in silence."Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Life Story (30 points): Complete the Master Chief Saga playlist.
- Just Getting Started (5 points): Kill 100 enemies or players.
- Balaho's Most Wanted (5 points): Kill 100 Grunts.
- The One Percent (5 points): Kill 100 Elites.
- Spoilsport (5 points): Kill 100 Jackals.
- Going Bananas (5 points): Kill 100 Brutes.
- Hunters Hunted (5 points): Kill 50 Hunters.
- Checkmate (5 points): Kill 100 Watchers.
- I Was Wondering What Would Break First (5 points): Kill 100 Knights.
- Pest Control (5 points): Kill 100 Crawlers.
- Thanks A Killion (20 points): Kill 20,000 enemies or players.
- Medal Completionist (20 points): Collect 10,000 campaign or playlist medals.
- The Guardians Are Coming (5 points): Get killed by the Guardians.
- Mystery Achievement (5 points): Inscrutable. Mysterious.
- Where Am I? (5 points): Complete 10 missions or multiplayer games.
- I Got This (10 points): Complete 100 missions or multiplayer games.
- Tempered Blade (5 points): Win 10 multiplayer games.
- Forged in Fire (10 points): Win 100 multiplayer games.
- Sample Plate (20 points): Complete three cross-game playlists.
- I Dabble in Slaying (10 points): Complete one cross-game playlist.
- Stick With It (5 points): Play a multiplayer or co-op game at least 3 months after your first game.
- Veteran (30 points): Complete all campaigns on Normal difficulty.
- War Hero (40 points): Complete all campaigns on Heroic difficulty.
- Legend (50 points): Complete all campaigns on Legendary difficulty.
- Your Journey Begins (5 points): Complete a campaign mission or a match of multiplayer.
- LASO Master (50 points): Complete the LASO playlist for every Halo game.
- Herald of the Reclamation (20 points): Complete all campaigns on Easy difficulty.
The following trophies require the "Day One Update" bonus downloadable content:
- Bite The Hand (10 points): Kill a 343 developer in matchmaking or someone who has this achievement.
- Goat Roped (30 points): Halo CE: Halo CE: Complete all Halo: CE Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
- Animal Habitat (5 points): Halo 2: Spot the hippo on the walls of Headlong in classic multiplayer.
- Sid Graffiti (5 points): Halo 2: Spot the Sid graffiti on the walls of Coagulation in classic multiplayer.
- Why So Serious (5 points): Halo 2: View the smiling face in the classic multiplayer map Coagulation.
- Why Am I Here? (5 points): Halo 2: View this hidden message on the classic Beaver Creek map.
- Grand Theft Halo (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In one match, steal a total of 5 occupied vehicles from opponents.
- Tour of Duty (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Complete a game in every one of the 6 updated Anniversary MP maps.
- Double Down (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In Anniversary multiplayer, receive 2 or more Double Kill medals.
- Warden (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In Anniversary matchmaking, stop the killing spree of another player.
- Blown Out of the Sky (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Blow up the Banshee or Hornet in flight while piloted, with the Rocket Launcher.
- Decorated Warrior (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Get awarded at least 10 different medals in one non-team multiplayer game.
- Ninja Redux (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Kill 5 people with melee from behind in Anniversary matchmaking.
- Flaming Ninja Anniversary (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Kill an opponent that has the Ninja Redux achievement in Anniversary matchmaking.
- Legend Slayer (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Kill an opponent that has the Legendary Anniversary achievement.
- Monopolized (30 points): Halo 2: Complete all Halo 2 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
- Hippo Hero (5 points): Halo 3: Who DARED to discard this brave animal?
- Man on the Moon (5 points): Halo 3: He's watching you.
- Elder Signs (10 points): Halo 3: View 2 different sigils on Valhalla.
- Devastating (30 points): Halo 3: Complete all Halo 3 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
- You're Joking (30 points): Halo 4: Complete all Halo 4 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours.
- Destination Vacation (10 points): Halo 2: View one of the seasonal signs on Zanzibar in classic multiplayer.
- Eminent Domain (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In Territories, control any 3 Territories simultaneously for 30 seconds.
- Game Master (5 points): Created and saved 5 Custom Game types.
- Gate Your Thirst! (5 points): Halo 2A MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Stonetown.
- High Altitude Thirst! (5 points): Halo 2A MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Zenith.
- Invaders Repelled (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In King of the Hill, kill 5 opponents within your controlled hill.
- Master Forger (5 points): Created and saved 5 Custom Maps in Forge.
- Power Play (10 points): Halo 2A MP: On Warlord, get every center powerup that becomes available in a single game.
- Put Up Your Dukes (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Get 25 melee kills in multiplayer.
- Red vs. Blue (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Win 10 matches on Bloodline in multiplayer.
- Rule Your Thirst! (5 points): Halo 2A MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Warlord.
- Shields Up! (10 points): Halo 2A MP: On Zenith, personally activate the center energy shield 3 times in one matchmade game.
- Shook the Hornet's Nest (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Get 30 kills with the Hornet in multiplayer.
- Skeet Shooter (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Killed 15 opponents that were airborne from a Man Cannon.
- Stayin' Alive (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In Juggernaut, survive as the Juggernaut for 30 seconds.
- The Goose is Loose (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Get 25 kills with the Gungoose in multiplayer.
- Thirst Locked Down! (5 points): Halo 2A MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Lockdown.
- Top Gungoose (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Get a kill with the Gungoose while airborne.
- BLASTacular! (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Destroyed all the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer BLAST soda cans.
- Bloody Thirsty! (5 points): Halo 2A MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Bloodline.
- Bombing Run (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In Assault, take, plant, and score from the bomb spawn without dying or dropping it.
- Cold as Ice (10 points): Halo 2A MP: On Lockdown, kill an opponent with the hanging ice.
- Cold Fusion (5 points): Halo 2A MP: Kill an opponent by detonating a Fusion Coil.
- Counter-Sniped (10 points): Halo 2A MP: With a Sniper Rifle or Beam Rifle kill an enemy that was zoomed in.
- Triple Threat (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In Ricochet, pass once, score once, and kill at least one enemy in the same match.
- Wetwork (5 points): Halo 2A MP: On Shrine in CTF, activate the enemy base waterfall and, before it stops, grab the flag.
- Worship Your Thirst! (5 points): Halo 2A MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Shrine.
- Zealot (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Win 10 multiplayer games as an Elite.
- MVP (10 points): Halo 2A MP: Finished as the top player on the winning team in a matchmade game.
The following trophies require the "Spartan Ops Title Update" bonus downloadable content:
- Operation Completion (5 points): Halo 4: Complete a Spartan Ops mission.
- Departure (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 1.
- Artifact (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 2.
- Catherine (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 3.
- Didact's Hand (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 4.
- Memento Mori (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 5.
- Scattered (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 6.
- Invasion (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 7.
- Expendable (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 8.
- Key (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 9.
- Exodus (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 10.
- Feet First (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all Spartan Ops chapters.
- Term of Enlistment (10 points): Halo 4: Complete all Spartan Ops chapters on Normal difficulty.
- Hazard Pay (20 points): Halo 4: Complete all Spartan Ops chapters on Heroic difficulty.
- Icarus (30 points): Halo 4: Complete all Spartan Ops chapters on Legendary difficulty.
- Smooth Operator (30 points): Halo 4: Complete all Spartan Ops chapters solo on Legendary difficulty.
- Roses vs Violets (5 points): Halo 4: Why are you even here?
- No One Left Behind (10 points): Halo 4: Save at least one Marine on Hacksaw (Ep.2 Ch.3) of Spartan Ops on Heroic or Legendary.
- Knight in White Assassination (5 points): Halo 4: Assassinate a Knight in any Spartan Ops mission.
- What Power Outage? (10 points): Halo 4: Complete The Cauldron Base of Spartan Ops without losing a generator on Heroic or Legendary.
- No Easy Way Out (10 points): Halo 4: Survive Spartan Miller (Ep.5 Ch.1) of Spartan Ops on Heroic or Legendary.
- Nice Work Dawg! (5 points): Earn a total of 2,500 Assist medals in multiplayer.
- Aim for the Head (10 points): Earn a total of 2,500 Headshot medals in multiplayer.
- Dim Mak (10 points): Earn a total of 250 Beat Down medals in multiplayer.
- Domination (10 points): Earn a total of 100 Legendary medals in matchmade games.
- Double Trouble (10 points): Earn a total of 250 Double Kill medals in matchmade games.
- Spree Master (10 points): Earn a total of 100 Killing Spree medals in matchmade games.
- Catch This (10 points): Earn a total of 500 Grenade Kill or Plasma Kill medals in matchmade games.
- Party Pooper (10 points): Earn a total of 250 Killjoy medals in matchmade games.
- Planting A Flag (10 points): Earn a total of 250 CTF Mode Specific medals in matchmade games.
- The True King (10 points): Earn a total of 250 KOTH Mode Specific medals in matchmade games.
- Roadkill Rampage (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In Anniversary matchmaking, earn a total of 100 Splatter medals.
- Rock and Coil Hit Back (10 points): Halo 2A MP: In Anniversary matchmaking, earn a total of 100 Environmentalist medals.
- No Pain, No Gain (10 points): Complete 1 mission with the LASO playlist skulls enabled.
- Airborne (10 points): Halo CE: Launch a Warthog for at least 5 seconds and have it splatter an enemy.
- Assembly Skull (5 points): Halo 3: Find the hidden Skull on the Assembly multiplayer map.
- Orbital Skull (5 points): Halo 3: Find the hidden Skull on the Orbital multiplayer map.
- Sandbox Skull (5 points): Halo 3: Find the hidden Skull on the Sandbox multiplayer map.
- Citadel Skull (5 points): Halo 3: Find the hidden Skull on the Citadel multiplayer map.
- Heretic Skull (5 points): Halo 3: Find the hidden Skull on the Heretic multiplayer map.
- Longshore Skull (5 points): Halo 3: Find the hidden Skull on the Longshore multilayer map.
- Brainpan (10 points): Halo 3: Find all the hidden multiplayer Skulls.
- Sightseeing (10 points): Halo CE: Complete a match on at least 8 different classic multiplayer maps.
- Checking Out Your Options (10 points): Halo CE: Complete a match on at least 4 unique game types.
- Tourist (10 points): Halo 2: Complete a match on at least 8 different classic multiplayer maps.
- Window Shopping (10 points): Halo 2: Complete a match on at least 4 different game types in classic multiplayer.
- World Traveler (10 points): Halo 3: Complete a match on at least 8 different multiplayer maps.
- Just Browsing (10 points): Halo 3: Complete a match on at least 4 different game types in multiplayer.
- Going International (10 points): Halo 4: Complete a match on at least 8 different multiplayer maps.
- Taste Test (10 points): Halo 4: Complete a match on at least 4 different game types in multiplayer.
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Hidden skull locations
Search the indicated location to find the corresponding skull:
Bandanna skull: In the "The Silent Cartographer" mission, after the Covenant lock the doors, go to the security override building. Turn right in the tunnel before activating the console, then go outside. Turn right again to find the exterior of the tunnel you just came through. The skull is on top of this tunnel, at the far end. Grenade jump on top to collect the Bandanna skull. This skull gives you infinite ammunition.
Black Eye skull: At the beginning of "The Library" mission, before you enter the big round room where the Index is found, there are vents on the wall where Flood come out of. Have your back facing the entrance to the Index chamber. The skull will be inside the vent to your right. Grenade jump onto the platform in front of it, then jump normally into the vent. Go to the end of the vent to collect the Black Eye skull. The skull makes only melee attacks restore your shields.
Boom skull: In the "Halo" mission, approach the tunnel in a Warthog. Drive to the left, get out, and walk up the narrow path to find the Boom skull. This skull makes explosions have twice the damage radius.
Eye Patch skull: In "The Library" mission, reach the end of the level, and locate the door that opens. Usually, you would walk directly across a bridge and end the level on the elevator that leads to the Index. The skull is located beyond this point, at the opposite side of the level. You must walk around to get there. This skull deactivates auto aim.
Famine skull: In "The Silent Cartographer" mission, turn around at the start, and walk around the island until you reach the large rock where the Pelican crash site is found later. Walk up to the top of the rock to find the Famine skull. This skull makes weapons dropped by the CPU have half the normal amount of ammunition.
Fog skull: In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, go down the first elevator. You will find a transparent object in the middle of the room with fog going through it, and four platforms around it. Grenade jump on the platform that looks different from the other three. Do this by first climbing onto the ledge behind it, then throw a grenade directly at your feet. Once on that platform, jump into the vent on top of the fog platform to find the Fog skull. This skull disables radar.
Foreigner skull: In the "Truth And Reconciliation" mission, enter the large hanger before the brig on the lower level. You will see the Covenant drop ship that Keys eventually pilots. Look inside the door farthest from where you first enter the room and to the right to find the Foreigner skull. Note: The door is locked and only allows enemies to enter the fight. Run into the door when it is opening to enter it. This skull prevents players from picking up or using Covenant weapons.
Grunt Birthday Party skull: In "The Maw" mission, reach the point where Foehammer comes to pick you up. When going to the nav point where she picks you up, go past the center where you are supposed to stop and look to the right to see "railing" sticking out of the platform. Climb on to it. The Grunt Birthday Party skull is at the far end. This skull makes a spray of confetti appear when a Grunt is killed by a headshot.
Iron skull: At the beginning of "The Pillar Of Autumn" mission, immediately turn around, and look behind the two large boxes by the wall to find the Iron skull. This skull makes dying in co-op reset you at the last saved checkpoint and dying in solo restart the mission.
Malfunction skull: In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, reach the large underground section past the frozen lake with the two Wraiths and the Banshee. Look for the turret on a broken bridge to the right. Walk toward the bridge, and look down in the chasm to the left to find a conduit with the Malfunction skull. This skull makes a random part of the HUD disabled when you respawn.
Mythic skull: At the beginning of the "Halo" mission, move toward the large waterfall. The Mythic skull is behind the large rock with plants growing down above it. This skull makes the Convenant have twice the health and Sentinels have energy shields.
Oddball skull: In the "Pillar Of Dawn" mission, after Master Chief has awoken, walk straight ahead from the pod he gets out of. Go behind the two round barrels to find the Oddball skull.
Piñata skull: In the "Two Betrayals" mission, reach the point where the "Final Run" chapter title appears as you exit a tunnel from underground (the area with the broken bridge). Cortana will mark Pulse Generator #3 with a navigation point. The Piñata skull is located above the tunnel, where a Wraith was located in the "Assault On The Control Room" mission. Use grenade jumps or a Banshee to reach it. This skull makes grenades drop when enemies are punched.
Recession skull: In the "343 Guilty Spark" mission, after getting off Pelican E419 at the start, turn left to face the left side of a very large glowing green tree. Remain in that direction, and move directly ahead while avoiding obstacles. You will eventually reach a hill with two trees and a bush in the middle. The Recession skull is behind the bush. This skull makes every shot use twice the ammunition.
Successfully complete the last level of the game in Campaign mode on the Legendary difficulty to view an alternate ending, which features a human and alien fighting hand-to-hand. The human will say "It's over," and then they hug because they know the explosion will kill them both. Additionally, the cutscene of each battle sequence will be slightly longer.Alternate dialogue
Playing on the Legendary difficulty introduces new dialogue not heard in other modes. For example, after being massacred by a force of Grunts, Jackals, and Elites, one of the Grunts asks, "Can I have his helmet?". Also, fellow Marines seem to be a bit more talkative (as well as profane). Additionally, view the entire first cutscene, and the General will say things very differently compared to the sequence on the Easy difficulty.Early Banshee
In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, you can get a Banshee shortly after the tank. Take the sniper rifle and rocket launcher. Kill the enemies, then go to the boulder on the right side of the tunnel. Look up to see a rock bridge. While still looking up, start moving forward until you see a platform coming out of the wall. Zoom in with the sniper rifle to the center of the platform, and then without moving, change to the launcher and fire. A banshee will fall off the ledge that you can use.Hidden area
In the chapter where you must find Capt. Keyes in the swamp, there is a secret area you can reach from the beginning. When Foe Hammer says "The last transmission from the captain's drop ship was from this area. That was over twelve hours ago.", immediately keep pressing [Grenade], but do not move. After a few seconds, the drop ship will take back off while you are still in it. It will fly around for approximately 20 seconds and then crash. Exit the drop ship, and walk directly away from the ship until you reach a clearing. Move towards the center and out of the fog to see a marine. He will not move or say anything unless you shoot him in the foot with your pistol.Hidden Sleeping Grunt
In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, defeat all enemies after using the tank. Move forward and down the last tunnel (where the Wraith shoots from the top of it). Kill all the enemies, then move to the other side of the cave, and go to the left edge of the room to find a Grunt sleeping on the edge of the level.Hidden "M" in bullets
Play "The Pillar Of Autumn" mission on the Legendary difficulty. Jump on the cryo tube Master Chief comes out of. Jump on the shield recharger, then jump on the walkway. You will see some barrels. Jump on the top one. Wait for the person that woke you up to die, then jump down. Get to the captain, and shoot him. As soon as Cortana says, "rampant", find the door the invincible marines came out of. Get past them, and another door will open. The marines cannot get you while you are in this area. Look up at the "M" made out of bullets. After you see it, you will be trapped, and the marines can now kill you.Hidden music
In the "Assault On The Control Room" mission, when you start crossing the ice bridge (the final bridge in the mission) located in the same canyon as the last pyramid structure housing the control room, quickly kill the Elites while ignoring all other enemies. Once the Elites are dead, get in a Banshee. Note: If the Elites remain alive, they will take off in the Banshee. Once you are in the Banshee, kill some of the enemies, then begin flying towards the control room entrance. There is a Forerunner structure extending straight up out of the top of the control room entrance. The structure is bound to the cliff walls by two half-ring-like structures. Fly up to the first of the two ring-like structures, and carefully land the Banshee on top. Get out, and walk to the edge of the structure on the right side (facing the cliff-wall). Remain idle until a song titled "Siege Of Madrigal" begins playing. Note: This does not work on the "Two Betrayals" mission.Random messages
Create a new account, and enter ".fortune" as a name to get a random message on the screen. Enter it again to get a different random message.Killing Hunters
Equip the pistol, and go behind a Hunter. Shoot the orange spot on their back once to instantly kill them.Trollface reference
Play "The Pillar Of Autumn" mission until you receive the Magnum from Captain Keyes. When you walk out of the room in which you received the Magnum, there will be a bulletin on the wall with things such as "Fist of the Unicorn" and "Have you seen my goose?". There is a Trollface at the bottom left corner of the post that says "Dark Planetoid Rising".Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- The Silent Cartographer (10 points): Halo CE: Complete The Silent Cartographer.
- Assault on the Control Room (10 points): Halo CE: Complete Assault on the Control Room.
- Pillar of Autumn (10 points): Halo CE: Complete The Pillar of Autumn.
- Halo (10 points): Halo CE: Complete Halo.
- Truth and Reconciliation (10 points): Halo CE: Complete The Truth and Reconciliation.
- 343 Guilty Spark (10 points): Halo CE: Complete 343 Guilty Spark.
- The Library (10 points): Halo CE: Complete The Library.
- Two Betrayals (10 points): Halo CE: Complete Two Betrayals.
- Keyes (10 points): Halo CE: Complete Keyes.
- The Maw (10 points): Halo CE: Complete The Maw.
- Hit The Beach (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on The Silent Cartographer.
- Would It've Killed You To Take The Elevator (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on Assault on the Control Room.
- Didn't Like This Ship Anyways (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on The Pillar of Autumn.
- Flyover Country (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on Halo.
- You Can't Handle the Truth (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on The Truth and Reconciliation.
- Lightning in a Bottle (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on 343 Guilty Spark.
- TLDR (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on The Library.
- Whistle Stop Tour (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on Two Betrayals.
- Scurty Bump (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on Keyes.
- All You Can Eat (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par time on The Maw.
- Did Somebody Say... (20 points): Halo CE: Beat par time on all Halo: CE levels.
- Charted (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on The Silent Cartographer.
- Vetro Strike (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on Assault on the Control Room.
- Pillar of Awesome (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on The Pillar of Autumn.
- Giant Hula Hoop (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on Halo.
- You Really Can't Handle the Truth (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on The Truth and Reconciliation.
- Circuit Breaker (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on 343 Guilty Spark.
- Reading Room (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on The Library.
- It Was Inevitable (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on Two Betrayals.
- Headstrong (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on Keyes.
- Consumption Junction (10 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on The Maw.
- Overachiever (20 points): Halo CE: Beat the par score on all Halo: CE levels.
- Arrival (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 1 on The Pillar of Autumn.
- Sacrifice (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 2 on Halo.
- Splinters (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 3 on The Truth and Reconciliation.
- Idle Hands (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 4 on The Silent Cartographer.
- Hitchhikers May Be Escaping Convicts (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 5 on Assault on the Control Room.
- Bearly Contained (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 6 on 343 Guilty Spark.
- Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 7 on The Library.
- Memories (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 8 on Two Betrayals.
- Mind Games (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 9 on Keyes.
- Kilotons of Fun (5 points): Halo CE: Activate Terminal 10 on The Maw.
- Dear Diary... (20 points): Halo CE: Activate all Halo: CE Terminals.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Iron (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Iron skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Mythic (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Mythic skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Boom (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Boom skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Foreign (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Foreign skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Famine (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Famine skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Bandana (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Bandanna skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Fog (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Fog skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Malfunction (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Malfunction skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Recession (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Recession skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Black Eye (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Black Eye skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Eye Patch (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Eye Patch skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Pinata (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Pinata skull in remastered mode.
- Skulltaker Halo: CE: Grunt Birthday Party (5 points): Halo CE: Find and claim the Grunt Birthday Party skull in remastered mode.
- Headhunter (20 points): Halo CE: Find and claim all Skulls in Halo: CE.
- Birth of a Spartan (10 points): Halo CE: Complete every level of the game on Normal difficulty.
- Believe in a Hero (20 points): Halo CE: Complete every level of the game on Heroic difficulty.
- Living Legend (30 points): Halo CE: Complete every level of the game on Legendary difficulty.
- Overshields are for Sissies (10 points): Halo CE: Complete the level The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary without picking up an overshield.
- Walk It Off (10 points): Halo CE: Complete The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary without picking up a health kit.
- How Pedestrian (10 points): Halo CE: Complete Halo without entering a vehicle.
- That Just Happened (10 points): Halo CE: Complete The Library on Heroic or Legendary difficulty without dying.
- Look Out for the Little Guys (10 points): Halo CE: Complete Two Betrayals on Legendary difficulty without killing any Grunts.
- Leave It Where It Lay (10 points): Halo CE: Complete Two Betrayals on Legendary difficulty without picking up a new weapon.
- Tying Up Loose Ends (10 points): Halo CE: Kill every Elite on the level Keyes on Heroic or Legendary difficulty.
- A Fine Choice (10 points): Halo CE: Complete a Halo: CE playlist.
- Excellent Taste (20 points): Halo CE: Complete three Halo: CE playlists.
- Like a Fine Wine (30 points): Halo CE: Complete the Halo: CE LASO Campaign playlist.
- You Are The Weapon (5 points): Halo CE: Kill a Hunter with one pistol round.
- Madrigal Debut (5 points): Halo CE: Trigger a hidden music cue in Halo: CE.
- My Buddy Chips (5 points): Halo CE: Fight alongside Chips Dubbo and listen to his words of wisdom.
- No Smoking (5 points): Halo CE: Disapprovingly look at Captain Keyes' abandoned pipe.
- T-Rex (10 points): Halo CE: Find the hidden Rex sign on The Maw.
- Thirsty Grunt (5 points): Halo CE: Listen to the Thirsty Grunt talk about his eating habits.
- Megg (10 points): Halo CE: It's a sign.
- Get Me Out of Here! (5 points): Halo CE: Ride in a Pelican for several seconds on the level 343 Guilty Spark.
- Feet Firmly Planted (10 points): Halo CE: Complete a level without jumping.
- Before and After (10 points): Halo CE: Complete every level of the game having seen it in both classic and remastered mode.
- Standard Operating Brocedure (10 points): Complete any co-op level on Normal difficulty.
- Brovershield (10 points): Complete any co-op level on Heroic difficulty.
- He's Unstoppable (10 points): Halo CE: Complete any level on Heroic difficulty or higher without taking health damage.
- The Good, The Bad, and The Dead (10 points): Collect 9,000 campaign or playlist medals.
- A Day To Remember (5 points): Halo CE: Play Halo: CE on the 15th of any month.
- All According to Plan... (10 points): Halo CE: Kill the first group of enemies on The Truth and Reconciliation without being detected.
- Back In The Day (5 points): Halo CE: Play a CTF custom game on Blood Gulch with 4 players on the same console. Tri-tip optional.
- Greenhorn (10 points): Halo CE: Complete every level of the game on Easy difficulty.
- Pacifist (10 points): Halo CE: Finish The Silent Cartographer without shooting, grenades, melee, dying or restarting.
- Wraith Hunter (10 points): Halo CE: Destroy four Wraith tanks in Assault on the Control Room with the Scorpion tank.
- Close Quarters Combat (10 points): Halo CE: Complete The Truth and Reconciliation with at least four rounds left in your Sniper Rifle.
- This Side Up (10 points): Halo CE: Complete the Warthog ride of The Maw without being forcibly ejected from your vehicle.
- Beachhead (10 points): Halo CE: Storm The Silent Cartographer beach with no Marine casualties on Heroic or Legendary.
- No-Fly Zone (10 points): Halo CE: Destroy three of the four Banshees on Halo during a single play-through.
Halo 2 Anniversary
All skull locations
Search the indicated locations to find all 13 hidden skull and get the "Trophy Collector" achievement. The indicated skull can be found in the listed area:
- The Armory: That's Just...Wrong skull
- Cairo Station: Thunderstorm skull
- Outskirts: Blind skull
- Outskirts: IWHBYD skull
- Metropolis: Catch skull
- The Oracle: Famine skull
- Delta Halo: Envy skull
- Regret: Assassins skull
- Quarantine Zone: Sputnik skull
- Gravemind: Anger skull
- Uprising: Ghost skull
- High Charity: Iron skull
- The Great Journey: Black Eye skull
Search the indicated locations to find all 13 terminals. Activating the terminals unlocks terminal videos on the Halo Channel, nameplates, and more. Find all 13 terminals to get the "Lore Master" achievement. The following is a list of terminals, in order of when you can find them:
- Cairo Station terminal
- Outskirts terminal
- Metropolis terminal
- The Arbiter terminal
- The Oracle terminal
- Delta Halo terminal
- Regret terminal
- Sacred Icon terminal
- Quarantine Zone terminal
- Gravemind terminal
- Uprising terminal
- High Charity terminal
- The Great Journey terminal
Search the indicated locations to find all eight toys and get the "Toybox" achievement:
Search the indicated locations in the new version (not the "Anniversary" version) of the six remade maps (Lockdown, Zenith, Stonetown, Bloodline, Warlord, and Shrine) in Halo 2 Anniversary to find all six BLAST soda cans. Destroy all six BLAST soda cans to get the "BLASTacular" achievement. Note: It is recommended to use a sniper rifle to destroy all six cans.
Successfully complete single player mode on any difficulty setting to unlock the Foundation multiplayer map.Infinite ammunition or power
This trick requires levels that have either Covenant or Marines following you. If you have a powerful weapon that has very limited power (for example, the energy sword, or Covenant sniper), or weapons that are very powerful (for example, Human sniper or rocket launcher) give them to the A.I. following you. As they use them, the weapons will never run out of power or ammunition. Also, they can use them very well.Infinite ammunition in Campaign mode
To do this trick, your weapon must be reloadable and have at least one clip in it. When your weapon has no shots remaining, before you reload, switch to your other weapon. Find an ally that you can switch weapons with, then quickly switch to the weapon that needs to reload and swap with the ally. If done correctly, you will see your ally reload the weapon. Swap your weapon back to see that your clip is now full, and it did not take away any ammunition.Have the same primary and secondary weapon while not dual wielding
This trick can only be applied to weapons that can be dual wielded. For this trick to work, you need four dual wielding weapons in one place. Two or three weapons of the total four weapons must be the same, but remember a minimum of two of same weapon is necessary in order to have same weapon for both primary and secondary slot. For example, have two needlers, an SMG and a plasma rifle. To get two needlers, carry one needler as your primary weapon then select anything else but the needler (such as the SMG gun) as your secondary weapon. Note: You cannot select the same weapon as your secondary any way. Dual wield plasma rifle with the SMG then go to the needler that is on the ground, hold X, and substitute the second needler with the SMG gun. Then, throw the plasma rifle away by pressing B. You are left with the Needler as both your primary and secondary weapon.Using a destroyed machine gun
You can use a destroyed machine gun; for example, in Zanzibar after you fire a rocket to one of the turrets on the left and right on the main base. Just go back to them and the screen will prompt you to hold X to operate. This can be useful during heated sessions.Hijack a Bansee
Wait until a Banshee drops quite low (but you still cannot reach it). Jump before doing it. If it does not say "Hold X to board enemy Banshee", press X regardless. You might not see Master Chief leap up and hit the Elite (or other alien) out of the Banshee. Do not go too low, and drive slowly because the Elite might kick Master Chief out.Hijack a Wraith
Go near a Wraith and press X. Then, press B a few times. Instead of throwing a grenade, just hop in. If this does not work, throw a grenade in the Wraith.Banshee tricks
When in a Banshee, press A and a direction on the Left Analog-stick. When in a Banshee, hold A and press Left Analog-stick Down. The Banshee will do a backflip. Additionally, to do tricks in a Banshee, press Left or Right on the Left Analog-stick and hold A to do a barrel roll, or hold Down + A to do a loop.Ghost tricks
In Multiplayer mode, turn on all vehicles and go to a place with open space. Get in a Ghost and find a tank. Go towards it as fast as you can. You will flip and do different things, depending on where you hit the tank.
Go to any level (Metropolis recommended, when you have to get on the Scarab). Back the Ghost up to the side of the bridge. It will start hopping up and down.
Chose a level with the yellowish glowing boxes that blow up (Headlong or Waterworks recommended). Get in a ghost and boost into one of the tiny boxes and you will be sent flying. You can repeat this as many times as desired, or you can pile the boxes and be blown sky high.Spectre tricks
When using a Spectre, go at top speed and hold A. You will do a wheelie for about three to four seconds. This is useful when climbing up walls or going over short walls.Stealing vehicles
When playing a multi-player map with vehicles, you can steal vehicles such as the Wraith from your opponent. Approach the vehicle while holding X. Note: This removes your opponent from the vehicle only; you must press X a second time to board the vehicle.
To hijack a Wraith, you must get up close to it by first destroying the side guns. You will get a message to press X. Do so, and you will be hanging on the side of it. Then, tap B to punch the door in. Next, press L and throw a grenade in. Jump off and go back in by pressing X, and you will now be driving the Wraith.
When you board a Wraith of Scorpion tank, the "B to melee" message will appear. Melee until the cover is knocked off, then continue punching. This will kill the driver without damaging the tank.
Use the following trick to knock enemies out of vehicle safely. Note: This only works with a fast moving, non-flying vehicle. First, stand by a wall or something that they can crash into. Try to get the opponent to run you over, then jump out of the way after about a second of contact. He should then crash into the wall. When he does, go directly next to it and hold X. You should now be in the vehicle.Snipe from vehicle
Piggyback on a Banshee. Before one member of your team gets into the Banshee, jump on top of the Banshee's pilot cover. When you get in, you can just stand on top of it. Only make turns with the Right Analog-stick. They are slower and do not tilt the Banshee. More than one player can stay on top of the Banshee. This provides extra fun if you want to do aerial tricks with friends by jumping from Banshee to Banshee.Piggyback ride on vehicle
With almost any vehicle, you can get a piggyback if you are not skilled at driving or need a fast ride when someone on your team is already on a Ghost. This also works with the Scorpion, Banshee, and the Warthog when you have someone in the gunner seat, when you are all far enough away from the enemy.Destroying a Ghost
To destroy a Ghost in one hit (sniper rifle) or three shots (battle rifle), look on the left side of it, just under the driver's seat. You will see a gas tank of sorts. If you shoot that directly, the Ghost will explode with one hit or one burst from the battle rifle.
One of the best ways to take down a Ghost is with a sniper rifle. Wait until the Ghost is facing away from you and open fire at the pilot. If the pilot does not die, the Ghost may explode, because it is very vulnerable in the back.Destroying a Wraith
Besides boarding, there is one other reliable way to take down a Wraith in single or multi-player mode. Get a Ghost and hit the booster until you are right up against the Wraith. Then, circle around to the back of it and open fire. By the time he has fully turned around to get a bead on you, he will probably be dead. If he tries to get out, you can simply pick him off as he is climbing out. Note: This may not work as well in single player mode, as the Wraith has anti-infantry plasma cannons.Next generation Warthog launch
This trick is reminiscent of the Warthog launch from the original Halo, but uses different methods. First, start a split screen multi-player game with just yourself on a map that has any explosive boxes (Headlong or Waterworks recommended). Then, find any of the explosive boxes and gather them in a pile near one end of the map. You can move them by pushing against them or meleeing them. However, do not melee them more than once or they will explode. After you have gathered enough, park a Warthog over them slowly and fire a rocket at one end of the Warthog. Depending on how many boxes you gathered, the Warthog should go incredibly far. Note: This takes a lot of skill and time, and should only be done if you have nothing else to do.Rewards for straight killings
The following is a list of rewards you get from killing people without dying once. Note: After 25 it starts over again with "Killing Spree".
- 5: Killing Spree
- 10: Running Riot
- 15: In The Zone
- 20: Unreal
- 25: Unfreaking Believable
When caring an item (bomb, flag, etc.) quickly press Melee, X, Melee to perform a combo melee attack. Continue pressing Melee, X, Melee, X, etc. to make the combo continue indefinitely.Melee, shotgun, melee combo
While equipped with shotgun, get in close range and press Melee, X (reload), Shoot, Melee. Note: You must press X immediately after the first melee is finished.Plasma rifle, melee, shoot rage combo
While holding the shoot trigger, press Melee, and immediately after the hit, press X (which instantly continues you back into shooting). Note: This can be done as long as you do not overcharge the plasma rifle.Double whack energy sword combo
When using an energy sword, press Melee, X, Shoot. This combination can happen very fast.Infinite energy sword ammunition
When the energy runs out, do not trade it for another weapon. When you get to the next level, try to use the sword. The ammo will be at zero but you will do full sword damage instead of melee damage and can do sword moves.Instant kill
To instantly kill any enemy except Hunters and Bosses, hit them in the back with any weapon.Easy kills
The plasma sword is one of the most deadly weapons in the game. However, there is a way to make it deadlier. If you are walking up to someone, you will see the aiming reticule turn red. If you press the trigger or B, you will deliver a deadly lunge that can kill almost anything in one hit. To make this even deadlier, before you reach your enemy jump and keep aiming at him. When the reticule turns red, you will still be in the air. As you are in the air, press the trigger or B and you will lunge forward in mid-air. This is more deadly because you are above himm and his head is the closest thing to you when you are in mid air.
Get two Magnums (pistols) and shoot one trigger at a time. Do not use against the Flood, as it will backfire and kill you.Sword cancel
To sword cancel, rapidly press B + X. This will let the sword swing wildly and is also a good way to shock opponents. To swing your sword at an enemy but not hit them (canceling your attack) press RT + X. This will only work when you are locked on an enemy.Faster reload
When reloading a gun, press melee immediately after the ammo is reinserted into the gun, press X. This enables you to shoot and/or zoom instantly. This works for any gun that uses ammunition.Accurate SMG Dwing
When DWing SMGs, press one shoot trigger at a time simultaneously. This disables the reticle/aimer from going upwards. Note: This also works on other DWings.Lock on with rockets
To lock on with rockets, target a person, vehicle, etc., then hold R until it says that it is locked. The red reticle will follow the item. Release RT to fire. Additionally, while using a rocket launcher, you can lock-on to the following items: turrets, vehicles, and the Phantom's plasma cannons (Covenant Dropship's turrets). To lock-on to those objects, aim your cross-hairs at the object. By doing this, your rocket launcher's cross-hairs should have four red squares on the corners. Then, hold Fire so that the rocket launcher will fully lock-on to the object. While this happens, the lock-on system of the rocket launcher should make a few repetitive beeping sounds. After the beeping sounds have ended, the cross-hairs should be completely red and ready to fire. Release Fire and your spiraling heat-seeking rocket launcher missile will go to the target.Switch grenade types
If you have picked up a frag grenade and plasma grenade, press RB to change from one to another.Practice with the sword
To get some good practice in with the sword, you must have two players, both with swords. Practice hitting each other. This is useful for combat with the Royal Elites.Flying sword
Have the sword when an enemy is very close. You can jump and do it, or run and jump to them, then press B. This is a one hit kill for Flood, and a two hit kill for some Covenant and the shield Flood.Extra ammunition with dual wield weapons
Have two dual-wieldable weapons (for example, a Needler and an SMG), but do not have them out at the same time. The Needler would be the weapon that you want extra ammunition for. Have the SMG out and find another Needler to dual wield with it. Then, find yet another Needler and trade that with your SMG. You will now have three Needlers, and have three times the ammunition.Dual wielding recommendations
When dual wielding, it is best to think about things before you just grab a needler and a plasma pistol, and have a pistol as your third weapon. You should make it so you have a good backup weapon; when dual wielding, ammunition can go quite quickly. Have two plasma rifles (or your choice) and have something like a particle beam rifle, shotgun, Covenant carbine, or perhaps a rocket launcher so that you have something to fall back on. Some suggestions are as follows:
- Needler x2
- Plasma rifles x2
- SMG x2
- SMG and a plasma rifle
- SMG and a plasma pistol
Note: Having two plasma pistols is not a good choice because you cannot hold the two triggers down, or you will power them up. You must keep pulling, making this somewhat difficult. When wielding two weapons at once, use only one at a time, and when that runs out of ammunition, use the other one while reloading. Do this to keep up a steady stream of fire.
Dual needlers is probably the most underestimated weapon pairings available in the game, and probably the most powerful as well. Needlers have an incredibly fast rate of fire, are heat seeking, do initial damage then explosive damage, and you can pick up usually 80 to 160 ammo after each bout of gun fighting (in campaign mode). The only bad thing about needlers is the fact that they ricochet off shields and some body armors (for example, Hunters and the Elite Guard). They are not recommended for fighting shield wielding enemies, Hunters, Elite Guard, or Infected Flood (as they are extremely quick and will most likely do damage to you before the needler shots explode in them). In multi-player mode with friends, there should be nothing more feared then dual needlers.
A great dual wielding combo are two plasma pistols. Early in the game, two blue ones will do. Later in the game when you begin to fight the Brutes, after they die take their red plasma pistols. The red ones are slightly more powerful and overheat a little bit faster. A red and blue plasma pistol is recommended, as they compliment each other very well. If you have fast trigger fingers, any enemy will die. Even Brutes will die within around five seconds. Be careful; watch your heat and ammo meters. The plasma pistols are very good because they are powerful, and get rid of energy shields very quickly.
Use the following trick for easy kills by dual wielding a plasma charger. Get one plasma and any other weapon of your choice (SMG, plasma rifle, needler, etc.). Next charge your plasma pistol and keep it charged. If you get a hit on your opponent, his shields will be down and you can kill him within two seconds with a normal gun.
The best dual wielding combo is the plasma rifle and the sub machine gun (SMG). The second best is dual SMGs, and the third best is a plasma pistol and pistol combo.
Dual wield a plasma rifle and a plasma pistol. While the rifle is firing you can charge up the pistol, and while the rifle is cooling down shoot the pistol charge.
Do not be afraid to retreat for a moment to let your shields recharge and reload your weapons, especially when dual wielding.Defeating Brutes
Get a Plasma Sword from a dead Covenant Elite and get close enough to the Brute for the half-circle surrounding the crosshairs to turn red before attacking. You will lunge forward and get rid of half the enemy's life. Jump into the air immediately afterwards, and do this a second time to kill him instantly. Both attacks combined cost only ten ammo points, so this process can be done ten times in succession, making it an effective way to crowd-clear Brute patrols near the end of the game. Make sure to jump in-between each strike so that the Brutes you are fighting cannot continue to ram you and drain your life. Additionally, on the last level when you are fighting the head Brute, wait for his shields to go off (when the blue gas-like thing around him shuts off). Then, shoot him in the head as many times as you can until it turns back on. Repeat this process until he is dead. Do not use an energy sword. It will not work, and he can kill you with one hit of his hammer.
When you are facing several Brutes together, such as in the Uprising level, use a weapon with good accuracy, such as the pistol. However, this may be difficult because it no longer has a scope on it. The Covenant Carbine is a good choice because it has great accuracy, a zoom, and a usable clip size. When using the carbine, aim for the skull plating they have on the top of their head. If you are a skilled shot, this should kill the Brute in about four to five shots. Have something like the energy sword as a backup in case there are too many and they charge.
Two direct head shots with a beam rifle are required if they are wearing a helmet. Pack some heavy artillery. A fuel rod cannon or rocket launcher may be cheap, but they cannot charge you if they are blown up. A few hits with the brute shot can also work; there should be plenty of ammunition for it. If all else fails and they charge, a shotgun or the blade on the brute shot can work, but it will require three shots to the face with a shotgun and three hits with the blade.
The best combination of weapons against a Brute is to use two plasma rifles. Brute plasma rifles are recommended, as they are slightly stronger and shoot faster with a slower heating process. Run up to any Brute (this actually works for all enemies except Hunters) and fire both of your plasma rifles in sequence. This means that first you fire the right (or left) gun until it is nearly overheated, then stop firing that one and begin firing your second one until it is nearly overheated. Again, start firing the other one. Keep doing this in sequence and the only thing that will stop you from shooting is running out of ammunition. A good way to do this properly is to count how long you have been shooting. Shoot with one gun at a time for about three to five seconds, then begin shooting the other one. This is very useful for big groups of opponents as you do not have to reload or wait for your weapon to cool down.
On the final level, once you reach the door that leads to the final battle, a group of Brutes will come out. Instead of fighting them, use your invisibility gear and sneak through the door without having to fight. Note: You must be fast or the door will lock.
The Brutes' weakness are their heads. That is why they usually have metal plates. Shoot them in their heads for an easy kill.Defeating Elites
When battling with Elites, do not hit them once with your weapon. Always hit them multiple times. If you hit them once, they will have a faster time and kill you with one hit or take down your shield. Additionally, an easier way to kill Elites quickly is to double-wield the SMGs and aim for the head. Be careful, as the SMGs tend to send the reticle upward. Also, try meleeing him before using the double strategy.
You can outsmart Elites in some battles by finding cover and returning fire as usual. However, when they stop firing, relocate to other sources of cover and have a few seconds before they notice. Also, throw grenades before they get all the way out, if they are appearing from a door or a ship portal.
Dual wield a plasma pistol or rifle and a Human pistol. Use a plasma pistol or rifle to knock down the shields quickly, and then shoot them in the head with the magnum.
The best way to quickly kill an Elite is to hit them multiple times with your weapon. First. hit them so they are stunned for a few seconds, then shoot them quickly. They should die easily.Defeating Floods
Get a Plasma Sword from a dead Covenant Elite and get close enough to the Flood for the half-circle surrounding the crosshairs to turn red before attacking. You will lunge forward and kill the enemy instantly, sometimes killing two or even three if they are in close-enough proximity to the target. This attack only uses between two to five ammo points, so it can be repeated at least twenty times. Note: Do not use this trick on either the small spider-like Flood or the large bulbous Flood, as the explosion that follows will damage your shields. Additionally, to kill the Flood easily, use the sword. It cuts right through the Flood in one shot, unlike any type of plasma gun.
To make fighting Flood easier, use a shotgun and an energy sword. The Flood levels are mostly close quarters -- shoot them in the face with a shotgun. This will take down even a shielded Flood in one hit. Then, use an energy sword to vaporize the bodies so that they cannot get back up. The best part is that it will not use any energy sword power.
You can actually kill the human and elite Floods with one shot of the Covenant carbine. Aim directly at the stomach for the human-type Floods (with no long tentacles in their left arm); and aim high in the middle where the head would usually be for the Elite-type floods (with the long tentacles).Defeating Grunts
With big groups of enemies, kill off the Grunts first, as they are easier to kill and become less of an annoyance. Additionally, two slashes with the plasma swords are good against Grunts. However, hitting them with the grenade launchers three times can kill just as easily and does not use any ammunition.
Get a needler. Find a grunt and aim close to his head. Shoot him and he will jump in the air and die.Defeating the Heretic Leader
It is best to have dual Needlers and a Sentinel Beam when you are playing under the legendary difficulty setting. As soon as game play resumes after the intermission sequence, press LB to turn invisible. Then, press Y to get rid of one of your guns and stick a plasma grenade to one of the guys. As soon as you do that, run to the left and behind a column. You should see a hole/hallway kind of thing. Go in there and hide a short time. You can then run out of the hole, turn invisible, and stick another grenade to one of them. If a grenade explodes and you hear a grunt or yell, you have hit the leader and not the copy. Go back and hide in the hole. This will save a checkpoint. The guy will start talking and more copies will appear. Repeat the process until he is dead. Note: Whenever you kill a copy of the Heretic Leader, it will drop several grenades, allowing you to restock.Defeating Hunters
Get a beam rifle (the Covenant sniper rifle) and fire it in the middle of their bodies where it is pink. This is more effective then pumping shell after shell into them. Because they have the new gun, getting close to them no longer works. There is another way to defeat them, but it is more costly. First, take your plasma grenades and throw about two or three of them on their pink skinny area. Then, get a shotgun (or the strongest gun you have) and pump the pink spot full of rounds until it is dead. Since they usually appear in pairs, this can waste a lot of ammunition and grenades.
You can kill Hunters without using any ammunition. If there is a Human turret nearby, use it. You will do so much damage that they will drop quickly. You can also still get close to them. Remember that you are a lot faster than they are, and pay attention to where the other Hunter is located. Sometimes you can get them to hit each other. It is also possible to melee attack them to death, but a lot of your Marine allies will probably die.
When you encounter a Hunter on any level, use your melee attack and hit them in the head. They will stand there for a moment, stunned. This is just enough time for you to get behind them and kill them. Depending on how skilled you are, it may take a few times to take them down.
When you see a Hunter, find a turret close by. Man the turret like in the Outskirts level. You must kill two Hunters to move on. There will be a turret upstairs, and when they come out, open fire on them.
When a Hunter charges, move out of his way. When he misses you, the pink spot on his back will be wide open. Use the weapon of your choice to blast him.Defeating Prophets
To kill Prophets, you must dodge there laser attacks and get up close until the message to hold X to board appears. Do so. Once onboard, tap B to attack them. Three hits should kill them. If not, repeat until it falls.Defeating Regret
To easily defeat the prophet Regret, jump on his vehicle then hold X to board it. You can then press B to melee him to death.Defeating Royal Guards
To easily take down Royal Guards (red Elites with strange helms), attack them with the energy sword. Do not be afraid -- keep slashing. They will fall after about three hits. Note: If it has a energy sword, you must get the first hit or it can kill you with one shot. Do not let their armor fool you -- they are still Elites. Knock down the shields with a plasma weapon, then shoot them in the head with the pistol.Defeating the Scarab
Instead of following the Marines, go staight across the bridge. You will find a sniper. Take it, then jump on the Scarab and shoot all the Elites and pilots. Additionally, if the people on the Scarab are taking down your shields, get on the gun turret. Fire at them madly. They will hide and allow time for your shields to recover. Then, jump on the Scarab and blow their head off by surprise.
When you fight the enemies on the Scarab, mostly Elites and Grunts, start running down the path. You will see rocket launcher ammunition. Collect it if you have a rocket launcher, as it will make battle easier when you enter the Scarab. Your second weapon should be a shotgun or dual plasma rifles in case you lose rocket launcher ammunition.Defeating Tartarus
When playing in co-operative mode under the legendary difficulty setting, get a grenade launcher that is left over from the Brute on the bridge. When Tartarus jumps onto the spinning disks, jump onto the platform with your partner, then jump on the three disks for safety. Let your partner have a carbine rifle on the top level and have him snipe reinforcements when they arrive. Run around the middle circle, waiting for Tartarus to lose his shield from Sarge sniping him. Hit him with your grenade launcher. Hit him three times, then run away and wait. His reinforcements may appear. If they do, camouflage and run to the top level. Allow your partner to kill the Elites. Camouflage if Tartarus or Elites come to the top level. Note: Use your Brute plasmas if you run out of ammunition. There are some on the middle level, and perhaps the bottom level. Make sure your partner conserves his carbine rifle ammunition. Never fight a Brute Elite, as they will kill you in a few hits. Also, never hit Tatarus with a melee attack. Never use grenades as Tartarus will just jump. The most important thing is to not allow your partner to die. When doing this in single player mode, use the same tactics except when Elites arrive, camouflage yourself then go to top level and snipe with the carbine rifle.
When the intermission sequence ends, do not rush towards Tartarus like the others. Instead, just wait until they all jump to the other side, then jump over there. Or, you can wait for the moving platform to help you get to the other side. After you have done that, Tartarus will have a sort of "fog" around him. Get a plasma gun. Note: If you cannot find one, go to the lift, and on the top floor behind a wall there should be a box from which you can get one. Dual wield the plasmas and fire at him until the fog goes away. Then, keep shooting at him with the plasmas until he dies. Alternately, when his shield depletes, drop your gun and throw a grenade until he dies. Be careful though -- stay a good distance away to avoid being hit and killed.
While playing on the Legendary difficulty, instead of getting out of your Banshee when entering Tartarus' base, fly it inside and up, using the boost. You will scrape the ceiling and run into the wall at the end of the tunnel, then run into the door. Get out, open the door, and take your Banshee inside the door. Kill the Covenant with it, or get out then keep flying through the doors. When you get to the intermission sequence, you will be out of your Banshee on a platform with Tartarus in front of you with some Brutes. Kill them, then turn around and go back down the hallway the intermission sequence skipped. Your Banshee will be sitting there, ready for takeoff. This makes defeating Tartarus much easier. Continually fire at him and when the sergeant takes out his shield, it will hurt him until the point that he dies. If he tries to jump on you, just boost under him. Watch out for his Brute friends that he calls -- they are very accurate with Brute shots and plasma grenades and will kill you. Also, do not fly under the platform.
Get two Brute plasma rifles and run away. When his shields are down, throw grenades then shoot him. He should die quickly.
In the last level of the campaign called The Great Journey, get to the part where you enter the control room. Instead of walking through, bust your Banshee through. When you enter the room with the Brutes, get out of your Banshee and kill them. Note: They might destroy your Banshee. Then, kill the Honor Guards. Make sure your Banshee is in the room where you fought the Brutes. Continue on foot until the intermission sequence starts. When it ends, turn around and run back. On your way through, your friends will teleport there. Keep going and get in your Banshee. Note: Do not go below the last platform levitating in the main room or the game will automatically kill you. Then, drive your Banshee to Tartarus and shoot him. Pressing B will shoot your bomb. When his shield gets down, shoot him as hard as you can.Defeating hijackers
Use the following trick in Multiplayer mode with someone that is trying to steal your vehicle. When you definitely know that they are trying to board your vehicle, press X to hop out as they board. This will give you about three or four seconds to blast them before they can get a bead on you. This requires some skill, but works very well. It is possible to take out a Banshee, Ghost, and Warthog with one SMG by doing this.
When someone tries to steal your vehicle (and it is not a Banshee), allow them to do so. When you hit the ground outside the vehicle, press X as fast as possible. You should steal the vehicle back from the person. Move quickly away from them or they will do the same thing to you.
When someone is hijacking your Ghost, Warthog, Specter or Banshee, wait for them to almost take it away from you (just before you lose control of it). Press X quickly to get out, then immediately after you press X, hold X. You will ditch your Ghost or other vehicle, and will not kicked off and can now hijack it back.Defeating opponent that has an energy sword
Your best chance of killing your opponent before he slashes you is to dual wield SMGs. When you see the enemy from a short distance, just let loose. The bullets will most likely stop the enemy from advancing and will kill him.Grunts Birthday Party mode in The Arbiter
Play the mission on the legendary difficulty setting. Proceed until you reach the first Banshee section. Immediately fly straight down to the bottom of the level. Search the cracks where the large cylinders connect to the station to find a circle of Grunts dancing around a skull. Get the skull and the words "Grunt Birthday Party" will appear. When you get the skull, all headshots that kill the enemies will cause them to explode as if a plasma grenade were attached to them. This works well if you aim for a Grunt in the middle of a group of enemies. Also, this may only work for projectile weapons, but does work for the Covenent carbine and the Covenent sniper rifle.Run extremely fast in The Arbiter
On the first Arbiter mission, go to the Banshee part. Find a steeply slanted beam. Fly to it get off and go up to the top. Jump once, and once you land, jump again. Do until you die and it will look as if you are running down the beam very fast.Skull in Armory
Complete the mission orders until someone asks you to go in the elevator. Wait until he says "Will you come in if I say please?" and walk in. When you get into the tram, face the Earth and hug the wall. Hold X for the entire ride. Eventually you will pick up a skull that says no clue to what it does (no word will appear, as with the other hidden skulls). Note: You cannot keep it as a weapon, as it is taken away after the intermission sequence. However, you can beat up the man with it.Easy completion in Armory
When playing on the legendary difficulty setting, get to the part where you are in the shuttle bay where the Covenant have boarding craft attached. You can complete this level two ways. The first is to kill the Grunts with the battle rifle, then pick up a plasma pistol. Use the plasma pistol to lower the Elite's shields, then quickly take out the battle rifle and kill them before they take cover. The other method is to get a number of plasma grenades and stick them on Grunts. They will run to the Elites and kill them.Sniping locations in Ascension
There is a great sniper location in the Ascension multi-player level. Get the sniper rifle and an SMG or a rocket launcher and grab the Banshee. Fly to the space between the two slanted forklift-type things immediately above where you would start if you were player one. Land, and get out. The Banshee will probably fall. Run up the slanted area and you can see the entire field. Because you cannot die from high places, you can drop down for a reload then fly back up.
Take the Banshee and park it on top of the tower with two beams coming out of its top. There should be a good location for your Banshee at the beginning of the two beams. On a team, have one person takes one and the other use the other beam. Remember to go to the end of them to get the best view. If you are alone, you have an advantage. If someone starts shooting at you, you can jump to the other side. You should be too far away for them to notice. If you fall off, take the rocket launcher or duel SMGs to protect yourself.
Use the Banshee and fly up to the two poles above Sniper's Roost. Make sure you have a sniper rifle.Fly very high in Ascension
Play the Ascension map in Multiplayer mode. Take a rocket launcher and before you go on the thing that shoots real high in the air, shoot downwards. You will fly up twice as high, but will be dead.Hidden weapon in Battle Creek
Go to the Blue base. Run to the end of the base where the ramp is located. Tilt your gun to the bottom in the "northeast" direction. You should see the "Hold X to pick up weapon" message. Hold X to pick it up. This is a hidden weapon which is useful when cornered without any ammunition.Hidden message in Beaver Creek
In Multiplayer mode, go to the sniping location where you are able to push the rocks down in to the creek. Roll down all the rocks and look at the spots along the wall where the rocks were placed. You will find a message that reads "Why am I here" with someone's initials under it.Sniping location in Blood Gulch
At the Red base, get a Banshee. Get on top and face toward the Blue base. Turn right and go over. Follow the wall up and close to the top. You can get out there and snipe from this location.Sniping location in Burial Mounds
There is only one sniper spot, and one turret. If you are on a team, try to stay in the turret and on the following sniping spot. When you are alone, just take the sniper spot. To get to this sniper spot, take a Ghost and use boost to get on top of the sand hill on the side of the level, around the purple machine things.Johnson's cigar in Cairo Station
In the first level, as soon as you get off the lift do not go on the train. Instead, look to your right to find a trash can. Go over to it, crouch, and look in between the can and the wall. There should be a Johnson Cigar burning away. Additionally, go to the armory. As you are coming up the stairs, you will hear the man shooting his shotgun and talking. Kill the Elites and go through the door. Jump over the turret and look to the right. Jump on the lights sticking out of the wall, then jump over the rail. Get on one of the beams and jump off it onto one of the rails. There will be a small room with no doors. Jump onto that and bash the trash can. When you look on the floor, you will see Johnson's cigar.Sniping locations in Coagulation
The best sniper spot is at the Blue base (the one with all the shadows), on the rocks above. Fly your Banshee there and land on a flat rock. You will be covered by shadows and have a view of the entire level.
Near the Blue base there is a sniping location at Mt. Erectus. You can get up there with a Banshee, Ghost or a Specter.
At the Red base, get a Banshee. Get on top and face toward the Blue base. Turn right and go over. Follow the wall up and close to the top. You can get out there and snipe from this location.
Find a Banshee and a sniper rifle. Fly to the Red base. Turn so that you looking at the Blue base, and then look to the right. You should see the boundaries. Fly over to the wall and you should see a slant. Land on the slant and you should be able to snipe from there.
Go to the Blue base and when looking towards the Red base, look to the right. You should see a shadow from a big piece of rock sticking up. This is a good sniping spot, because when you are in danger you can hide behind the piece of rock sticking up. A Banshee is needed to reach this location.Banshee snipes in Coagulation
Get a Banshee and fly directly behind the Blue base. Land up there, then get left (behind) the Red base. Then, get in the peak of the rock point by the Blue base.Boost high into the air in Coagulation
This trick requires a Wraith with overshields on. Locate the rock that sticks out. Stand up against the wall that sticks out and have someone hit you with the Wraith when they boost. If done correctly, this should shoot you extremely high in to the air. This also can work on almost every map with a wraith, but you must have oversheilds on to avoid getting killed.Fly to rock in Coagulation
Get a Warthog and face the passenger seat to a rock far away. Get a sword and get in the passenger seat. Then, have a person out of the Warthog stands by the person in the Warthog. The person in the Warthog must lock on, and when the reticule turns red, attack. It will make a sound. The person who is out of the Warthog should get to the rock and stand on it. Then, have the person in the Warthog get out. They will fly across the stadium to the person on the rock.Spinning tanks in Coagulation
This trick requires a Wraith, a Scorpion tank, and oversheilds to be turned on (recommended). Have the Wraith and the tank ram each other. As they hit, have the person in the Wraith hit the turbo. This should glitch the tank and cause it to start spinning uncontrollably and bounce off of a lot of things. this glitch is alot of fun to do but it can be hard to do.Envy mode in Delta Halo
Play the mission on the legendary difficulty setting. Continue until reaching the area during the "push through the covenant held ruins" phase where a landing zone for the Pelican to drop weapons must be cleared. When you reach the area where Cortana says "They're pouring out of the center building", note the plasma turrets along the borders. A short distance after the turret on the left side is the outline of a sealed door in a wall. There is a rock in front of the door. Jump on the rock, then jump onto the ledge above the door. Next, jump to the ledge to the left. Then, grenade jump onto the building with the sealed door. On the roof of the building are two dancing Elites and a skull. Get the skull and the word "Envy" will be displayed. You can now use active camouflage.Warthog in Delta Halo
In the beginning of the level when you are storming the hill, it may be tempting to pass by this part. However, stay in that area until you survive both waves of Covenant that the Phantoms drop off. A Pelican will appear afterwards and drop off a Warthog for you and your teammates.Flying tank in Delta Halo
Drive the tank around until you get to the part with all the stationary Covenant shields. Blow the shields up then quickly park the tank on several of them. Get out of the tank and then watch as the shields reform. The tank will fly, doing spins. This is even more enjoyable when you are in the tank. You will die when in the tank and it flies very far. You can also try this with other vehicles.
Get the tank and go to the area with the big castle in the middle, where you get men and ammunition. Bring the tank up to the shields (four or five), and shoot the shields with the main cannon. Go onto the shields and wait until they respawn. You will see the tank spin very fast and go very high. Note: You will die and respawn.
You will get the Marine tank after activating the bridge. You will reach a structure which the Marine will point out is the second structure. After you hear one of the Marines say "A pelican is coming in. Let's clear an LZ", you will come up on some Covenant hiding behing about six or seven lined up shields. Destroy all of them, then wait for the shields to reappear. Then, shoot them all to make them deactivate. Immediately park the tank across as many shields as you can. Get out, stand back, and the watch the tank fly.
Acquire a Scorpion tank. Then, proceed with the mission until you reach the ruins of a complex. Slaughter all the Covenant, then reach the top platform where the energy shields are located. Knock out the shields, then drive your tank on top of them. Position it correctly, and when the energy shields appear your tank should go flying through the air.Get on top of the level in Delta Halo
By doing this trick you will be able to drive around the mountainous rim of the entre level and to actually drive or walk under the water and all the structures. After crossing the drawbridge and taking care of a few Ghosts, continue until you reach a courtyard with a pond in the middle and a stone structure in the middle of the pond. For the next part you will need a Ghost. At the entrance, turn to your right and you will see a few trees sort of all clustered together. There is a stone wall there that you cannot jump up. However with the Ghost, you will be able to get onto the green patch and beyond. Boost if you need to and be careful going around the mountains. You can still fall to your death. If you make it all the way to the opposite end of the level, you will find yourself on a very flat piece of land.
Get the Scorpion tank and go into the temples. Go as far as the point where the Pelican drops off guns and two men, but do not wait for this too happen or it will be too late. There will be a row of mounted energy shields (the big oval shaped ones). Drive on top of three of them. Get out of the tank and shoot the three shields. Get back in quickly. The three shields will reform, and the tank will go up, with you inside. Also, if you keep trying, your tank will land in a corner and on its back. Get out and flip it on the side that is going down. This will project you onto a higher platform. Once you are on it, run to the left of it. Walk to the left and you will see a dead body with a rocket launcher and a SMG next to it. It looks like one on the men with the black helmets and suits from the beginning of the level. There will be a giant rock next to it, with a hole big enough for you to crawl in. Once you get to the other side of the rock, there will be a jagged part of the platform going outward. Next to this will be the Pelican, still suspended in air. Jump onto it (while in mid-air, press Forward to give yourself a boost). Jump once so that the Pelican will mistake you for not being on it. Once the Pelican starts to lift, stay on it until it leaves the level. You will be walking out of the game space. Note: You can climb mountains and go to the edge of the other side of the level that you were never meant to see. This may require a few attempts, but is well worth it.Easy kills in Foundation
There is normally a Ghost and Warthog on the lower level. To get one of them to the upper levels, drive it into one of the air units that makes you fly up. It is strong enough to bring up a Warthog or Ghost. You can now drive around the circle and run over anyone standing there.Sniping location in The Great Journey
Play until you reach the part where the Scarab is going to blow open the door. Then, fly your Banshee down to the water and get out. Walk into the water and you will be invisible to your opponents. However, you will be able to see them, making this the perfect place to go under the legendary difficulty setting to kill your enemies without them seeing you. You may also take a Ghost or a Spectre down here. If you are skilled enough, you can even take them up very close to the top of the structure.Pass from Scarab part to Boss in The Great Journey
When the Scarab blasts the door open, take your Banshee and fly to the right of the tower. When you reach a slanted part of the wall, fly as high as you can (hugging the wall), and turn your Banshee sideways. Get out. Climb up the slant and you can skip the part when you face the Brutes and land in the Boss room. This is very helpful if playing on the heroic or legendary difficulty setting. Note: Do the same on the left side on the legendary difficulty setting to find a skull.Zombie Brutes and Elites in The Great Journey
At the "Protect the Scarab" part, go through without killing anything. When you are at the beach, hijack all Banshees (also may work for turrets and Spectres), and all the Brutes will appear as "zombies". The worst they can do to you is walk into you. Occasionally, an Elite will appear with a Banshee for you. Push him in the water and he will be a half zombie (will duck sometimes). He should not harm the brutes, but if he does, kill him.Underwater Ghost in The Great Journey
At the beginning of the level on co-operative mode, make sure you leave at least one Ghost unharmed. To do this, shoot the Brute out, leaving the Ghost "rideable". Continue the level until you need to protect the Scarab. Fly to your Ghost, then drive it off the edge and onto the beach. You will die. Get a ride on your partner's Banshee to your Ghost. You now can drive it underwater until you reach the second barrier (past the first barrier, at the part where the graphics go away). You can also climb up the tower with the Ghost.Sniping location in Headlong
This location requires a Banshee to reach, but you will be next to untouchable once you are there. After getting a Banshee go to the right. Just after you have passed the cranes, carefully land your Banshee on or near the walkway that has the Human sniper rifle on it. From there, get back in your Banshee and go straight up to maximum altitude. If done correctly, you should be just above the top of a building that is slightly smaller than the two other buildings adjacent to it. Land your Banshee on it, but do not destroy it. Take out your sniper rifle and start shooting. From here, the only reliable way someone can kill you is with another sniper rifle, and they cannot physically reach you because you have the Banshee.High platforms in Headlong
In multi-player mode, go to the Headlong map and make sure there is a Banshee. Get in the Banshee and fly over towards the opposite base. Between the Warthogs and the water, you will see a building with a ramp leading up to a flat surface. Fly the Banshee at a high level towards where the ramp meets the wall either on the left or right side. Then while not in turbo, gently glide towards it so that the wing will just barely scrape the wall. You will slide up to this flat surface and be able to walk around, although your Banshee flying is limited. You can walk behind the buildings and be able to see through walls. On the surface to the left, you can jump up to the next platform by using the Banshee as a boost. Put it against the wall and jump up off it. This allows you to get a good sniper location. This can also be used in System Link or Xbox Live.Hidden message in Headlong
Select multi-player mode and choose the Headlong level. Go to the Red base. On some of the yellow walls, there is graffiti. Some it includes is a hippo head. This is a reference to former Bungie member Alex Seropian's new game company's (Wideload Games) logo.Iron mode in High Charity
Play the mission on the legendary difficulty setting. After you cross the light bridges and fight through to the end of the level, you reach a room where Cortana says "Brood and Elite ships are engaging all around. The next lift will take you up to the conduit. Hurry". Go to the room, enter the lift, and look up while going up. Hold X so that you can grab the skull on the way up. The word "Iron" will appear when you get it.Get on the roof in Lockout
Go to sniper rifle hill (where the sniper spawns). Turn around and start to go down the walkway. Look to your right and you will see a ledge. Get on the ledge and follow it around until you reach a corner. Start jumping and have your partner sword cancel at you. You will shoot up to the roof. Then, use the rocket launcher lunge trick to go up there with them.Catch Skull in Metropolis
Play the level on the legendary difficulty setting. Immediately after you exit from the underground highway, you will reach a large open-air circular room with a handful of Jackal snipers and some Elites. The quickest way to get safely to the skull is to get the next checkpoint by jumping into the Warthog and letting the Marine drive you to the next area. Jump out of it, backtrack to the large room, and clear the area. You will see a large semi-circular beam going from one of the main platforms that goes from the ground up to the top of the two towers. Do a grenade jump at the bottom of this beam and walk all the way to the top. Jump over to the ledge of the left tower. Walk to the end of the ledge and you will find the Catch skull. This skull allows enemies to drop two plasma grenades, and all enemies will toss more grenades in general.Soccer ball in Metropolis
In the Metropolis level, there is a giant soccer ball. In order to get it, first get the Sputnik mode skull. Then, get to the part where you have to help the Marines trapped in the building. Immediately after you drive out of the square room with the waterfalls, look straight out and up. There is a building with a big glass wall that is broken at the top. Grenade jump into the building then jump on busted beams. Get on top of the building. From there, go to the right and there should be another busted-up building with a giant soccer ball for your enjoyment.Scarab gun in Metropolis
Use the following trick to get a Scarab gun on Metropolis. When you start the mission, kill the two starting Marines that you have, because they will eventually destroy the Banshees required later. Then, get in the Warthog and do not bother killing anything -- just drive straight past the Ghosts and Wraith tanks. When you get to the part where the Banshes fly overhead, kill everything there, including the Marines. Note: Kill everything except Banshees and one Ghost. Then, hijack the Ghost. Go into the tunnel and get a Banshee to follow you. Do not destroy it. Also, do not try to board it, because it will either throw you back out of the tunnel or will explode. Have it follow you to the part where you need to go through a tube. Once at the beginning of the tube, make sure you have the "Hold X to jack Banshee" icon on your screen. Melee the Banshee so that it will come towards you slight. Then, just as it reads "Loading...", hold X to hijack the Banshee. You have about two seconds before the Banshee disappears. Once you have hijacked the Banshee, fly it through the tube. This will take some effort, but can be done. Once you fly it through, fly up and northwest of your position. You will see a giant bridge-like structure very far away from your position. Once you have flown up to the top of it, there should be a small orange triangle with an exclamation mark on it, with white slashes around its border. There is also a plasma rifle floating above it. Although marked as a plasma rifle, it is really a Scarab rifle. It will produce shots like the Scarabs do, and will not run out of ammo or overheat. It is extremely powerful and takes pretty much anything out in one hit. Note: Do not shoot to close to yourself, otherwise you will blow yourself up.Destroying the Scrab in Metropolis
First, follow the Marines out to the bridge (or walkway). Next, switch your battle rifle with the rocket launcher. It should be a few steps north of the sniper. Then, go next to the second rocket launcher. It will be a few steps ahead. You should see ammunition next to it. Instead of following the Marines, make a turn into the walkway in which there is only one way in and out. The Scarab should shortly arrive, but it will not see you. They will probably fire at the Marines. When they get far enough, there will be a huge entrance to fire a rocket at. If you followed the Marines, it will be harder to shoot the aliens on deck. Rapidly shoot rockets at the side entrance of the Scarab. When all forces on deck are defeated, join up with the Marines and jump onto the Scarab. No one will attack you if you try to hide on deck from the Elites.Famine mode in Oracle
After you go down the swirling elevator and enter the room with the big glass windows, destroy all the enemies. Then, grenade jump to the opposite side of the second floor. There will be four Flood soldiers shaking on the ground with a skull between them. Get the skull and the word "Famine" will appear.Blind mode in Outskirts
When you begin the mission, your vision will get blurry. When it returns to normal, you will see a blinking door. Enter it, then stop. Look up to see a fluorescent light over the door you just used, and another one on the opposite wall. Jump and duck at the same time to get on one of thos lights. Do the same thing again to get onto the ledge next to the lights. Look to the left on the ledge and you should find a dark passage. Follow it to find some grenades, a skull, and a camera at the end. Take the skull and your HUD will disappear and the word "Blind" will be displayed. You will not be able to see your weapon, body, shields, ammo, or HUD. You can use the skull as a melee weapon, which does good damage to opponents. However, using a grenade, firing a weapon, trying to drive, or using a turret will drop the skull. Additionally, you can be a passenger in a Warthog and still keep it. To return to normal vision, save and quit the game, select the Cairo Station mission in campaign mode, save and quit the game, then return to the Outskirts level.
The level just has the Master Chief awakening and is stopped with the haziness. Walk forward as if you are going to proceed through the level as usual In the first hall, there will be a grunt. Kill the grunt but do not go outside. Stay in that hallway. Look up in that hallway to see light type panels. If timed correctly, you can jump up onto the panel. Beside you will be a wall that you cannot jump to. Look back and face the original wall you were looking at when you jumped up. Throw a grenade against the wall, looking down slightly so it will stop bouncing at your feet. When you count to about three, jump in the air and begin to go to the wall with the slanted top. The grenade will explode and boost you up further, putting you on top of the wall. You can then do two things. You can look across and continue with the level or you can look the other way to find a skinny passageway with the Blind mode skull , grenade, and camera type thing. If you continue to use grenade jumping, you can skip major parts of the level.
Once you can move, go into the door in front and look up. You will see a light sticking out of the wall. Crouch jump to get on top of it. Next, jump on the roof to your left. Once on top, take another left down the narrow hallway. Look on the ground at the end of the hallway. You will see a skull, a camera, and five grenades stacked in a pyramid shape. Hold X to pick up the skull. The word "Blind" will appear, and your HUD, arms, and gun will disappear. However, you can still use them. If desired, you can go around and hit people with the skull.Your Daddy's Skull in Outskirts
Note: This may require several attempts. Play the level on the legendary difficulty setting. The main thing appears to be getting the checkpoint just past the Pelican that picks up Johnson. This checkpoint spawns the sniper Jackals in "sniper alley". The skull itself is in a room on a balcony. The room contains a sniper rifle and sniper ammo; it will also contain the skull. Picking up the skull teleports you to the ground level and gives you just a Plasma Pistol. You will quickly be assaulted by Elites. Killing the last Elite will have the text for the skull flash. You have to kill all of the Elites to actually finish getting the skull. If you die to the Elites, and your checkpoint no longer spawns the skull, kill yourself four or five times to get pushed back one extra checkpoint. The skull should spawn for you again, and you can try the fight again. When you get the skull and kill all the Elites, the phrase "I Would Have Been Your Daddy" will appear.Battle Royale in Outskirts
Start the Outskirts mission on legendary difficulty setting. Play until you get to part where Sarge is airlifted out by the Pelican. Defeat all the enemies in the next area, where there is six snipers, the army of buggers, and the invisible Elites. After they are defeated, turn to face the next alleyway. There will be a couple of Jackals and two snipers down the way, and one that will not reveal himself until you fire a shot on the walkway above with the two archways. Defeat them, then jump on the awning at the beginning of the alley. Next, jump up on the beam in front of you. Walk across the beam to the rooftop across the way. If you get stuck, crouch and walk. Continue forward. There will be one more sniper to the left between the buildings to the right of the "L" shaped roof. Jump across to the roof where the hidden sniper was located (the one that was above the two archways). Make your way across to the larger rooftop. Immediately turn left towards the alley. If you walk too far across the roof, a sniper will come out. When there, look across the way. You will see some sniper ammo. Jump across to that side, and it will say "Checkpoint". There will be a room to your right. Inside is a sniper, more ammo, and a skull. Once you pick up the skull, the screen turns white and you will end up in the alley below with a plasma pistol and an elite with a sword chasing you. Note: Once you finish or die, the skull does not come back for any profile you use. After you are done, it puts you back before you picked up the skulls.Hidden sword in Outskirts
On the easy difficulty setting, go to the part where the Grunt is walking up the stairs. Look at him. Then, do a 180 degree turn. You should see two lights on the left and right. Jump on the right one. Turn where the Grunt was then look up. You will see a slanted ledge. Do a crouch-jump and go up. Then, turn around. You must jump to the next ledge and turn left. You need to use a boost to get up. Continue along the level on top of buildings. Then, look down. You will see part of a broken building. Jump down and you will see a sword sticking straight into the ground through a Marine corpse. Swap your weapon for it. It has infinite ammunition.Hidden sniper rifle in Outskirts
After you kill the Hunters and go around the corner, jump on the boxes and then the ledge. Keep going to find a dead Marine with a sniper rifle.Sputnik mode in Quarantine Zone
Play Quarantine Zone on the legendary difficulty setting. At the start, turn left immediately. You should see an Elite, and just slightly to the left of him should be a cave. When you reach the exit to the cave, there should be a cliff. Follow the cliff to a wall. Along the wall should be a small walkway. Go on the walkway. At the end of the walkway should be a skull. The world "Sputnik" will appear when it is picked up. Explosion and melee forces are greater in this mode.Assassins mode in Regret
Play the mission on the legendary difficulty setting. Enter the structure after getting off the gondola. Jump on the large stone block to reach a ledge leading out to the Covenant turrets. Turn around and face towards the structure. Then, jump up to another level around the right side of the structure. Continue to find a skull on a ledge as you make it around. Take the skull and the word "Assassins" will be displayed. All enemies in the game are permanently cloaked.Sniping location in Water Works
Fly up to the center machine in a Banshee. Park beside the ledge with the moving metal "shield". Go inside the room. The metal shield will block, and you have a very good view of half the level and a shield which repeatedly falls over, blocking you from enemies. If someone finds you, wait until the shield drops then run around the ledge to the other side of the level and start sniping from there.Sword in Zanzibar
To get the sword in the middle (if it is on) go to the Ferris wheel-type object in the middle. Line up with one of the blades. Let it push you up the circle until it is parallel with the floor. Then, run forward to the center of the circle. Jump down so that you can see through the center of the "Ferris wheel". Wait until a gap appears in the floor, then jump down and forward to the sword. Additionally, you can get the energy sword faster by shooting a rocket or grenade at the front or back of the bridge that is standing up. It will fall down and lead you directly to the sword.
Starting at the beach, run along it and then left into the opening (get a Ghost if desired). Upon arriving at the giant wheel in the center of the map, you will see the sword shimmering in the center of the structure. Toss a grenade or blast a rocket inside the little space where the sword is kept, and it should fall out and onto the ground before you. This is especially useful if you spawn at the beach, because the other team will not have a chance at getting the sword before you.Easy kills in Zanzibar
On defense, go up the slope with the needler next to it. Keep going to the right, then right, and right up the stairway until you see a rocket launcher. Get it, then go inside the spinning wheel and wait for their Ghost or Warthog.. This is a very easy way to get kills, and triple kills from the Warthogs. Be on alert for snipers. Zoom in with your rocket on the left side if you suspect one.
On offense, go up to the control tower. An easy way to find it is by the plasma gun and three plasma grenades next to it. There should be a camouflage. Grab it. Next, there will be a huge machine directly next to you. If you climb up and go in the spinning wheel you will find a hole. Go in it and wait until it spins you to the energy sword. If you get the sword first, then go for the camouflage, you will get many kills if you slip into the defensive base.
When you are on offensive, go up the stairs to your left. There should be a sniper with some grenades next to it.. This is a great way to kill people on turrets, grabbing the rocket launcher, and people trying to get the energy sword. If you take out the man with the rocket launcher, you can jump into a Ghost and be ready for some massive kills.Sniping location in Zanzibar
Put your overshield on before you start and set the level for all rockets. You can get on top of the building with the gate that you can open. There are wooden window covers. If you go up the dirt road directly next to the gate, you can crouch/jump onto those covers. It is recommended that you use the far one because they will fall down when they are shot. Get on top of one, then look down. Turn sideways, then shoot the cover. When in the air, move the Analog-stick toward the building to get on top. This is a very good sniping location.Hidden message in Zanzibar
In Multiplayer mode, locate the gate in the level. When you find it, face it, then look to your right. There should be a rock. Go around the rock and follow the walls of the building. When you reach an opening on the left, go through it. You will now be in a tiny room with a pillar in the middle. Behind the pillar is another door. Go through it. When you enter the room, there is a ramp in front of you. Go up it and take a right. Keep following the path until you can take a right. After taking the right, follow the path until you can take another right. When you get in the room, there should be a keypad and a screen. Press X and the gate will be opened. On the blue screen, it reads: "A total FU exception has occurred at you location. All system functionality will be terminated. Press any key to power cycle the system. If system does not restart, scream at top of lungs and pound on keypad. If you need to talk to a programmer press any other key. Press any key to continue_".Hidden message
Win in Multiplayer mode without anyone getting kills except yourself. At the post-game carnage screen, someone will say "You are frickin' incredible".Jump faster
Keep pressing Jump to jump faster.Jump higher
You can jump higher with the energy sword than normal. Note: This only works when attacking enemies. When you have the sword, attack someone with L. As soon as you press it, jump. You will go much higher than normal and can attack airborne enemies such as the bug things or Sentinels.
This trick can only be done in co-op or multi-player mode. Get next to the structure that you want to climb. Have a player take out his plasma sword. Have the other player stand on top and keep jumping in the direction of what you are climbing. While player two is jumping, have player one look up and use the "Sword cancel" trick. If done correctly, you can reach any area in the game as long as you do not exceed the invisible barrier.
Play in co-op mode in any level (Outskirts recommended). Have one player jump on top of the other. Then, have the player on top jump again and keep pressing Jump. Then, have the lower player jump immediately after the first player. If done correctly, the top player should land on the lower one (who is in mid-air), then jump again. You can use this to get on top on locations you cannot reach normally.
Flip a tank on any map in multi-player or campaign mode. Get on the back and press X + A to jump very high. You can use this to get on buildings and other objects.See cause of Pelican crash
On the last level when you play as Master Chief, and the Flood crash the Pelican, go up to the Pelican and enter through the back. Then, go through the door. You will now be in the pilot's seat of the Pelican and see the Flood who crashed it.Walk through Pelican cockpit
On the level were you are the Master Chief fighting the Flood for the first time, go to Pelican that has landed and go inside. Keep walking toward the door to the cockpit and you will go through it. You will be able to see the cockpit.Blood Gulch reference
Go to multi-player mode and scroll to the Coagulation map. Read the description. It will describe "a bloody gulch".Secret coded message
In the Limited Collector's Edition of the game, there is the special booklet called "Conversations From The Universe". In the booklet on page 7, there is an extremely difficult to read text from the Prophet of Truth to the Prophet of Mercy concerning the Prophet of Regret. The following is the translation (the number of words in each line is equal to the number of words in each line in the booklet, except for the words in parentheses):
- To thine own eyes, Prophet of Mercy
- Dearest Brother,
- I hope this finds you well. My sorrow
- and anger precedes me with regard to the
- atrocity and heresy at Halo. We shall avenge
- this destruction with some of our own.
- Work proceeds apace on our battle plan. The
- Sangheili (Elites) will do what is asked of them, and
- the Jiralhanae (Brutes) will show the humans what our
- strength looks like at close quarters.
- But this message concerns neither the
- planning nor the discovery of the Human
- homeworld. Rather I question Brother Regret's
- suitability for this great purpose.
- I am aware of his tenacity and ambition,
- but I believe his youth and ?ckless reaching
- may prove to be grave risks to the per?ction
- of this undertaking. You have noted his
- rashness in the past, and yet neither of us
- has acted.
- I suggest that we continue as planned, but
- we would both do well to pay mind to Brother
- Regret, and provide wisdom and guidance
- as needed. This matter is too important to
- be left to inexperienced hands. Piety is no
- substitute for wisdom.
- Perhaps I worry too much. You know that
- I embrace caution, but cannot have
- inexperience or arrogance at this great
- Be pure, be vigilant, and never rest.
- By my own hand
- Prophet of Truth
Grunts: The basic enemies. They can be yellow, red, green, black, or heretic. They can use plasma pistols, plasma rifles, plasma turrets, and fuel rod cannons. Use a melee attack to the face twice or back once for an easy kill. Any weapon can easily kill them.
Jackals: Special force assassins. They can have a blue or orange shield. They use plasma pistols and beam rifles. Melee them twice in the face to kill or shoot the black center of shield.
Elites: The infantry of Covenant forces. Can be blue, red, gold, black, white, silver (Arbiter), heretic, or royal. They use plasma rifles, carbines, SMG's, or energy swords. Use a plasma weapon to take down the shield then shoot them in head. Melee them in face about three times.
Wasp: The only flying enemy. They can use plasma rifles. Can be blue or green. Zoom in with a battle rifle and shoot them twice.
Hunter: Protected enemies built like a Scorpion tank. Only blue. They can use the fuel rod cannon. Shoot them in pink spot on back or torso with any weapon. The needler just bounces off their armor. Rockets work the best.
Brute: Resemble evil gorillas. They can be grenadiers, riflemen, or royal. They can use brute shot and brute plasma rifle. Shoot them in head, or throw a plasma grenade on their back.
M6c pistol (magnum): Recoil operated magazine fed handgun, firing a magazine of six 12.7mm semi-armor peircing rounds. fired accurately in semi-auto mode.
BR55 Rifle (battle rifle): The battle rifle fires 9.5mm rounds from a 36 round magazine. Mounted with a 2x optical scope for targeting. Fires in short automatic bursts of three rounds.
M7/caseless sum machine gun (SMG): Bullet hose fires a sustained bust of 5mm fire from a 60 round magazine. SMGs, while not accurate over long ranges can wither enimies at close range.
52 AM Sniper Rifle: Gas operated magazine fed weapon utilizes a smart linked scope with 2 levels of magnification (5x and 10x). Firing 14.5mm armor piercing, fin stabilized, discarding sabot rounds make it a powerful weapon.
M19 SSM Rocket Launcher: Most commonly used light anti vehicle weapon. Man portable, shoulder fired, with single 2x level of magnification. Fires 102mm highly explosive rounds.
M90 Shotgun: Powerful, loud, pump action magazine fed, firing 8 gauge magnum (3.5") rounds with strong recoil. Devastating at close range.
M9 He-Dp Fragmentation Grenade: Basic explosive device has changed no thanks to excellent design and flexibility. Well thrown grenade, will kill or stun most opponents.
M41 LAAG (vehicle mounted): 3 barreled, electric powered, link-less drum fed, vehicl mounted light aircraft gun, Firing 450-550 rounds a minute.
M68 Gauss Cannon (vehicle mounted): Asynchronous linear-induction motor produces bipolar magnetic field to fire 25mm projectiles at hyper-sonic velocity. Excellent armor penetration weapon.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Cairo Station (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Cairo Station.
- Outskirts (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Outskirts.
- Metropolis (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Metropolis.
- The Arbiter (10 points): Halo 2: Complete The Arbiter.
- Oracle (10 points): Halo 2: Complete The Oracle.
- Delta Halo (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Delta Halo.
- Regret (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Regret.
- Sacred Icon (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Sacred Icon.
- Quarantine Zone (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Quarantine Zone.
- Gravemind (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Gravemind.
- Uprising (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Uprising.
- High Charity (10 points): Halo 2: Complete High Charity.
- The Great Journey (10 points): Halo 2: Complete The Great Journey.
- Don't Hangar Around (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on Cairo Station.
- Rooftop Runner (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on Outskirts.
- Speeding Ticket (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on Metropolis.
- YOLO Strats (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on The Arbiter.
- Reed the Strategy (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on The Oracle.
- So You Don't Want the Tank? (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on Delta Halo.
- I Regret Nothing (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on Regret.
- Terminal Velocity (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on Sacred Icon.
- Hot Zone (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on Quarantine Zone.
- Force of Will (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on Gravemind.
- No Man's Land (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on Uprising.
- Feeling Charitable (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on High Charity.
- Are We There Yet? (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par time on The Great Journey.
- Going Nowhere Fast (20 points): Halo 2: Beat par time on all Halo 2 levels.
- Bomb Squad (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on Cairo Station.
- Objective Secured (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on Outskirts.
- Ripple Fire (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on Metropolis.
- Heresy Will Not Stay My Feet (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on The Arbiter.
- Leave None Alive (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on The Oracle.
- Boundless (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on Delta Halo.
- Fists of Fury (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on Regret.
- Guided Tour (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on Sacred Icon.
- The Doctor Is In (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on Quarantine Zone.
- Official Business (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on Gravemind.
- The Hype Is Real (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on Uprising.
- Scorched Earth (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on High Charity.
- Frequent Flyer Miles (10 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on The Great Journey.
- Arcade Owner (20 points): Halo 2: Beat the par score on every Halo 2 level.
- Curious (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 1 on Cairo Station.
- Inquisitive (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 2 on Outskirts.
- Examiner (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 3 on Metropolis.
- Inspector (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 4 on The Arbiter.
- Fascinated (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 5 on The Oracle.
- Enchanted (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 6 on Delta Halo.
- Enamored (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 7 on Regret.
- Determined (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 8 on Sacred Icon.
- Delighted (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 9 on Quarantine Zone.
- Knowledgable (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 10 on Gravemind.
- Scholar (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 11 on Uprising.
- Reviewer (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 12 on High Charity.
- Obsessed (5 points): Halo 2: Activate Terminal 13 on The Great Journey.
- Walking Encyclopedia (20 points): Halo 2: Activate all Halo 2 Terminals.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: That's Just...Wrong (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the That's Just...Wrong Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Thunderstorm (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Thunderstorm Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Blind (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Blind Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: IWHBYD (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the IWHBYD Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Catch (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Catch Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Grunt Birthday Party (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Grunt Birthday Party Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Famine (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Famine Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Envy (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Envy Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Assassins (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Assassins Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Mythic (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Mythic Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Sputnik (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Sputnik Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Anger (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Anger Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Ghost (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Ghost Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Iron (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Iron Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 2: Black Eye (5 points): Halo 2: Find and claim the Black Eye Skull.
- Trophy Collector (20 points): Halo 2: Find and claim all Skulls in Halo 2.
- And So It Begins... (5 points): Halo 2: Collect the Master Chief toy in Delta Halo.
- Regrettable Turn of Events (5 points): Halo 2: Collect the Prophet of Regret toy in Regret.
- The Will of the Prophets (5 points): Halo 2: Collect the Arbiter toy in Sacred Icon.
- Chieftain of the Brutes (5 points): Halo 2: Collect the Tartarus toy in Quarantine Zone.
- Don't Make a Girl a Promise (5 points): Halo 2: Collect the Cortana toy in Gravemind.
- My Work is Done (5 points): Halo 2: Collect the Librarian toy in Uprising.
- I Like Crazy (5 points): Halo 2: Collect the Rampant Cortana toy in High Charity.
- Pyrrhic Solution (5 points): Halo 2: Collect the Didact toy in The Great Journey.
- Toybox (20 points): Halo 2: Collect all eight Halo toys.
- Lore Master (30 points): Halo 2: Activate all terminals.
- Warrior (10 points): Halo 2: Complete every level of the game on Normal difficulty.
- Hero (20 points): Halo 2: Complete every level of the game on Heroic difficulty.
- Legendary Anniversary (30 points): Halo 2: Complete every level of the game on Legendary difficulty.
- Seconds (10 points): Halo 2: Complete a Halo 2 playlist.
- Connoisseur (20 points): Halo 2: Complete three Halo 2 playlists.
- Six Pedals, Four Directions (10 points): Halo 2: Drive a Scorpion while playing as the Arbiter.
- Betcha can't stick it... (10 points): Halo 2: Stick a Plasma Grenade to a Stealth Elite on Outskirts.
- Cowardly Grunt (5 points): Halo 2: Listen to the Cowardly Grunt's woes.
- Siege of Ivory Tower (5 points): Halo 2: Listen to a hidden music cue in Halo 2.
- THE Chips Dubbo? (5 points): Halo 2: Fight alongside the legendary Chips Dubbo and listen to his words.
- Rex Sword (10 points): Halo 2: Grab the energy sword on the level Outskirts.
- 10 Minutes Too Early (5 points): Halo 2: In The Oracle, find the holo-drone before the Heretic Leader activates it.
- HI BEN (5 points): Halo 2: Oh, hi!
- E E E (5 points): Halo 2: View both signs in the level Metropolis.
- GOOOAAAAALLLL! (10 points): Halo 2: Shoot the soccer ball in the level Metropolis.
- Needs More Whammy Bar (5 points): Halo 2: Complete the level Regret with the Prophet Birthday Skull activated.
- Like Peanut Butter and Chocolate (10 points): Halo 2: Complete a level in co-op on Heroic or Legendary with the Masterblaster Skull active.
- Starved For Shields (10 points): Halo 2: Complete a level with only the Streaking Skull active on Heroic or Legendary.
- Commuter (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Metropolis without entering a vehicle on Heroic or Legendary.
- He Never Gets Me Anything (10 points): Halo 2: Complete Delta Halo without entering a vehicle on Heroic or Legendary.
- Scarab Lord (20 points): Halo 2: Acquire the Scarab Gun.
- Silent but Deadly (10 points): Halo 2: Kill 7 opponents from behind in a row without being spotted.
- Demon (10 points): Halo 2: Complete any campaign level without dying on Normal or harder.
- Go Ape Shiv (5 points): Halo 2: Kill an enraged, berserk Brute using melee.
- Back At It (5 points): Halo 2: Play a game of Halo 2 Anniversary on the 9th of any month.
- Back for More (30 points): Halo 2: Complete the LASO campaign playlist.
- Tighten Up The Graphics (10 points): Halo 2: Complete every level of Halo 2 having seen it in both classic and remastered mode.
- He's Running a Marathon... (5 points): Halo 2: Spot the developer in the opening cutscene of Gravemind on Legendary in Classic Mode.
- Dirty Bird (5 points): Halo 2: Fly the Heretic Banshee.
- The Return of Megg (20 points): Halo 2: She's not picking up.
- Big Green Style (10 points): Halo 2: Complete every level of the game on Easy difficulty.
During a local match or replay, click Left Analog-stick + LB + RB + A + Down for approximately three seconds. If done correctly, your weapon will not be visible on your screen. When you shoot, your weapon will be raised again.Show coordinates
During a local match or replay, click Left Analog-stick + click Right Analog-stick + LB + RB + Down/Right.Toggle panning camera
During a local match or replay, click Left Analog-stick + click Right Analog-stick + LB + RB + Up/Left.
Use the following trick to get a Spartan laser with unlimited ammunition in the "Halo" mission. Play through the level until you meet up with Sergeant Johnson. Shoot him until he falls down and drops the Spartan laser. Quickly pick it up, and shoot it at him. Keep shooting him until he kills you. When you respawn, knock him down again, and pick up his laser. He should get back up with another laser on his back. When he does, shoot him down again, and pick up the new gun he drops. This laser should now have unlimited Spartan ammunition. This makes it easier to destroy the Guilty Spark 343.Alternate endings
There are three endings. The first ending is shown when the game is successfully completed on the Easy, Normal, or Heroic difficulty setting. The second ending is shown when the game is successfully completed on the Legendary difficulty setting. The third ending is shown when the game is successfully completed on the Legendary difficulty setting with all Skulls activated.Easier Legendary mode
If you are playing alone on the Legendary difficulty setting, turn on an idle second player to stay behind. If you die, you will respawn instead of restarting.Super fast Spartan laser fire
In Forge mode, get a Spartan laser. Charge it until it is almost about to fire. Before you fire, turn into the Monitor. Fly around until you find a target. Before you turn back into a human, hold RT to fire the Spartan laser almost instantly (if done correctly). You can use the Monitor's aimer to aim the laser.Smarter respawning
When playing in Co-op mode on the Legendary difficulty setting, it is best to have one player keep their distance from the enemy at all times. By doing this, if the rest of the players die, they will respawn around the player that is farther back, rather than having to restart at the checkpoint.Easy experience in Multiplayer mode
Note: This trick requires four active accounts on your console that are all able to play on Xbox Live. Enter the matchmaking lobby, and choose "Social", then "Rumble Pit". Sign all four of your accounts in the lobby. In free for all modes, you have to be in the top three to earn experience points. Start matchmaking, and it should find two additional players. Once the game begins, you can simply do nothing. Once the game ends, all four of your accounts will tie for third place, giving all of them easy experience points.Extra grenades
In Multiplayer mode, when you kill someone, slash their dead body with the Energy Sword for more grenades come out of it.Hayabusa armor
Collect the indicated number of Skulls to unlock the corresponding piece of Hayabusa armor:
- Hayabusa Chest: Collect 6 Skulls
- Hayabusa Helmet: Collect 13 Skulls
- Hayabusa Shoulders: Collect 9 Skulls
You can only collect Skulls on the Normal, Heroic, and Legendary difficulty setting. You must start from the beginning of the mission. You will not be able to see the Skulls if you load from a checkpoint, unless doing so after dieing. In Co-op mode, as soon as one player picks the Skull up, all players will receive the achievement if there is one. Not all Skulls earn an achievement; only nine of them do. To use Skulls, press X at the lobby screen. This will give you a bonus multiplier for Co-op mode and go towards earning the Guerrilla, Demon, etc. achievements.
Assembly Skull: Located on the central tower in Forge.
Black Eye Skull: At the start of the "Crow's Nest" mission, without moving anything, you can see a huge pipe above you. Walk up the stairs, then up the next set. Turn to your left and jump up on the shelf unit. Jump to the red cross beam, then up onto the pipe. Then, just walk to the end. Walk over the Black Eye Skull to collect it. You do not have to pick this Skull up, it does it automatically. The Skull description reads "Bash your way to better health." When this Skull is active, your shield will instantly charge when you use melee attacks, and will not auto-recharge anymore.
Blind Skull: In the "Sierra 117" mission, when you get to the area where you see the Phantom overhead (one of the marines will point it out), jump over the rocks, and keep following the path on the right. When you get to the cliff, there will be a rock over the side. The Skull is on the end of the rock. The Skull description reads "Shoot from the hip." Note: This Skull has to be activated before you start a campaign map.
Catch Skull: In "The Storm" mission, go to where the first anti-air Wraith tank is located. There is a large gray cylinder in the that area on the ground on the far side from where you enter. The Skull is on the top of the silo. To get up there, perform a grenade jump off a Warthog or use a vehicle to push a large crate to the side of it; jump on the crate, then the silo. Note: Do not destroy the Wraith near the door or the Skull will disappear. The Skull description reads "Pull pin. Count to three. Throw." When this Skull is active, every NPC will carry two grenades and throws them often.
Alternately, take a Warthog, and park the front of it next to the cylinder. Take out a grenade (plasma recommended), and throw it at the front of the Warthog. Jump at the correct moment (usually as soon as you throw it) to get a little extra boost to your jump to get to the top to reach the Skull. This may require a few attempts.
Alternately, play in Co-op mode. Have a partner stand beside the building the Skull is on. Jump on top of them, then have them jump. At the peak of their jump, jump off of them. You will land next to the Skull. Collect it, then drop down to allow everyone else to get it.
Cowbell Skull: In "The Ark" mission, pick up a Grav Lift from the small building near where you fight the Scarab. Then, proceed through the level until you reach the second sloping hallway (stairway). You should see some partitioned risers (platforms) halfway down. The Skull is on the top level. Throw the Grav Lift on the right side of the hall so it lands on the fourth little green dot from the door. Then, run, jump, and use the Grav Lift to propel you to the top. You should reach a checkpoint just as you enter the room, so if you miss you can try again. When this Skull is active, explosive force is increased.
Famine Skull: In "The Ark" mission, when you first go into the valley to the right after the wrecked Phantom, look to your left to see a huge boulder. Use a Ghost to get to the side of the boulder that is closest to the bridge overhead. It is easy to pilot the Ghost up the side of the wall using the thrust. To get the Skull, pilot two Ghosts up the wall to the top of the bridge and stack them on top of one another next to the beam where the Skull is placed. Then, jump from the top of the Ghosts towards the Skull and land on the beam. The Skull description reads "Trust us. Bring a magazine." When this Skull is active, dropped weapons will have very little ammunition compared to normal.
Use the following trick instead of trying to get a Ghost to the Famine Skull or risking your life with a grenade. Instead of going straight to it, go the way you do later in the level with the tank. Kill all the enemies or until one drops a deployable cover. Go the way you would have. When you get over the hill, destroy the Ghosts. Go under the bridge. You will see a big rock with a pathway leading up. Follow it. When you get to the top, turn to your right. It will not have a dirt ramp, but a wall. Walk up to it. Notice the small ledge. Jump up, and walk all the way to the right. Deploy the cover so that it lands about halfway down to where the bridge slopes. Do not throw too far or it go over the ledge. Jump on top of the cover. Jump up to the narrow ledge to get the Skull. Note: There is more than one way to jump from cover to ledge; try a few if you miss.
Fog Skull: In the "Floodgate" mission, as you are walking down from the anti-air gun you destroyed in the previous mission, there will be a ramp (next to a missile launcher). Around this ramp, there is a checkpoint. At this point, you should also hear a marine yelling, There! Over There!. Look up and to the right, directly at the roof of the building next to the missile launcher. There is a Flood form (not to be mistaken with the two other Flood forms jumping in front of you), which is holding the Skull. Kill him before he jumps, and he will drop the Skull down to the ground where you can retrieve it. Note: Correct timing is required because if you kill him too early, the Skull will get stuck on the roof. The Skull description reads "You'll miss those eyes in the back of your head." When this Skull is active, your motion sensor disappears.
Grunt Birthday Party Skull: In the "Crow's Nest" mission, immediately after the first objective, while en route to the barracks, you will fall down to a pipe. Go to the end of that pipe, then look over the edge to find a small space a few feet below. Drop over, then quickly pull back to land under the floor you dropped from. The Skull is at the end of this area. When this Skull is active, it makes Grunts explode in confetti when they are headshot. There will also be some cheering, like a birthday party.
Iron Skull: In the "Sierra 117" mission, after freeing Johnson and killing all the Covenant that come in the Phantoms, walk to the Pelican that arrives to pick you up. Face the cargo bay, but instead of going in, turn left and follow the path. Once you hit the wall, jump up to your right to eventually reach a walkway. Walk all the way to the end. Take a left, then a right. At the end of this, a little bit to the right is a dark corner. Press Up to turn your light on and you should see the Skull. If you cannot see it, you are probably standing on it. The Skull description reads "Death carries a heavy price...". When this Skull is active, instead of losing 25 points when you die, you will lose 75.
IWHBYD Skull: In "The Covenant" mission, go to the last tower. Before you get to the Prophet of Truth, there are a series of bridges with Halos. Do not jump through any yet. First, kill the Prophet of Truth, and defeat the bridges of enemies. Then, jump through the Halos in this order, with "1" being at the entrance and "7" being the end near where the Prophet of Truth was located: 4, 6, 5, 4, 5, 3, 4. Alternately, jump through the Halos in the following order: 4, 5, 6, 5, 7, 6, 5, 4, 1, 2, 3, 2, 7, 2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 5, 4, 5, 3, 4. This is much easier in Co-op mode with three or four people. This is the Halo theme if it was played on a phone by dialing the numbers. If done correctly, the Halos will start flashing, and the Skull will appear near the Prophet's ramp. If the Halos do not flash, try again. The Skull description reads "But the dog beat me over the fence." When this Skull is active, there is bonus dialogue throughout the game. IWHBYD stands for "I Would Have Been Your Daddy", which is a level chapter from the original Halo.
Mythic Skull: In the "Halo" mission, follow the normal path until you reach a cave. Follow the right wall until it branches off into a small path. At the end of this path is some rubble, and in front is the Skull. The Skull description reads "Coverage under the Covenant health plan." When this Skull is active, you will get a 3x score multiplier for all kills.
Orbital Skull: Go to where there are two roadblocks where you have to jump. The Skull is on top of the structure on the right.
Sandbox Skull: Fly towards the sunset, and turn around to find the Skull.
Thunderstorm Skull: In "The Covenant" mission, after you shut down the first tower and get access to the Hornet, fly to the second tower (the one the Arbiter shut down). While walking up the stairs, go to the middle part that connects both, and there should be stairs leading up to a platform where the Skull is. The Skull description reads "Field promotions for everyone!" When this Skull is active, enemies will be much stronger.
Tilt Skull: In the "Cortana" mission, when in the circular type room with all the Flood, look for a small structure piece next to two archways. Jump on top if it, then go up on the rocks to the top left. Turn left and jump up again, then turn 180 degrees and jump to the rocks across from you. Then, follow the rock sticking out and leading up on top of the original circular room. The Skull is in a pool of blood. The Skull description reads "What was once resistant is now immunity." When this Skull is active, enemies will have different body parts that are resistance to certain bullet types.
Tough Luck Skull: In the "Tsavo Highway" mission, once you get past the part where you are forced to leave your vehicle, you will go through a tunnel and onto an open freeway. Immediately after coming out of the tunnel, you will see a huge pipe with two yellow ladders. Climb the second ladder. You should see a Regenerator power-up. Proceed to your right onto a small platform ledge where the yellow chain link fence is located. Jump onto that ledge, crossing over the fence. Directly behind you should be a large column that is holding up the giant pipe you were just on. Below that is a walkway. Fall off the ledge onto the walkway. Walk to the end of that. You should see a hidden ledge with the Skull on it. A few attempts may be requires to jump across. The Skull description reads "Your foes always make every saving throw."
The following is a list of all seven Terminal locations. To accomplish the "Marathon Man" achievement, when you find each Terminal, press RB to view the journal. The screen will eventually start to turn red. Wait until it turns blue again and a new entry will appear. You need to view both entries in all Terminals for it to count towards the "Marathon Man" achievement.
1. Start the mission, then once you enter the first building, go left into another door. You should now be in a curved corridor. On the inside is a Terminal.
2. After activating the bridge to let your comrades across the gap, turn 180 degrees, and you should see a Terminal (it does not open until you activate the bridge).
3. In the third building after defeating the Scarab, kill the group of sleeping Covenant, then follow the corridor downwards. Once you reach a door in front that is locked, immediately on the left there is an open door. Go through and walk straight off, then turn 180 degrees to find a secret room with a Terminal.
4. When in the first tower standing on the lift, face the access panel and turn left. Jump over to find a Terminal.
5. Land your Hornet on the second tower, walk towards the entrance, but when you see the locked door, turn 180 degrees. A Terminal should be right in front of you.
6. When in the third tower standing on the lift, face the access panel and turn right. Jump over to find a Terminal.
7. After reaching the end of the first cave, follow the right wall, and you will see a building. Jump up on the walkway, then go left once inside to find a Terminal.
Successfully complete the indicated task in Multiplayer mode to unlock the corresponding medal. Once you unlock most medals, they will be displayed in the corner of the screen and at the end of the match. You can view all earned medals on Bungie's official website. Note: There are two medals (Linktacular and Steaktacular) which will not display a confirmation once you unlock them, but they will still appear in your medal history.
Assassin: Hit and kill an opponent with a melee attack from behind.
Beat Down: Hit and kill an opponent with a melee attack.
Bomb Planted: Plant the bomb in an Assault game type.
Bulltrue: Kill an opponent who is in the act of a sword lunge.
Death from the Grave: Kill an opponent after you have died.
Double Kill: Kill 2 opponents within 4 seconds of each other.
Extermination: Get an overkill on the opposing team, wiping out all of the members.
Flag Kill: Get a melee kill with the flag in a CTF game type.
Flag Score: Capture the opposing team's flag in a CTF game type.
Grenade Stick: Kill an opponent by sticking him/her with a Plasma Grenade or a Spike Grenade.
Hail to the King: Kill 5 consecutive opponents in a single life from inside the hill before it moves in a King of the Hill game type.
Hell's Janitor: Kill 10 zombies in a row as a human without dying in an Infection game type.
Highjacker: Board an enemy ground vehicle.
Incineration: Kill an opponent by using the Flamethrower.
Infection Spree: Kill 5 humans in a row as a zombie without dying in an Infection game type.
Invincible: Kill 30 opponents in a row without dying.
Juggernaut Spree: Kill 5 consecutive opponents in a single run as the Juggernaut in a Juggernaut game type.
Killapocalypse: Kill 9 opponents within 4 seconds of each other.
Killed Bomb Carrier: Kill the opposing bomb carrier in a Assault Gamtype.
Killed Flag Carrier: Kill the opposing flag carrier in a CTF game type.
Killed Juggernaut: Kill the Juggernaut in a Juggernaut game type.
Killed VIP: Kill the opposing VIP in a VIP game type.
Killimanjaro: Kill 7 opponents within 4 seconds of each other.
Killing Frenzy: Kill 10 opponents in a row without dying.
Killing Spree: Kill 5 opponents in a row without dying.
Killionaire: Kill 10 opponents within 4 seconds of each other.
Killjoy: End an opponent's killing spree -- any spree.
Killtacular: Kill 5 opponents within 4 seconds of each other.
Killtastrophe: Kill 8 opponents within 4 seconds of each other.
Killtrocity: Kill 6 opponents within 4 seconds of each other.
Laser Kill: Kill an opponent by using the Spartan Laser.
Last Man Standing: Be the last human of the game in an Infection game type.
Linktacular (secret medal): Play in a matchmade game comprised of all Bungie.net users.
Mmmm Brains: Kill 10 humans in a row as a zombie without dying in an Infection game type.
Oddball Kill: Get a melee kill when holding the ball in an Oddball game type.
Open Season: Gun down 10 opponents with a Shotgun in a row without dying.
Overkill: Kill 4 opponents within 4 seconds of each other.
Perfection: Win a slayer game with 15+ kills without dying.
Rampage: Kill 20 opponents in a row without dying.
Running Riot Kill 15 opponents in a row without dying.
Sharpshooter: Snipe 10 opponents in a row without dying.
Shotgun Spree: Gun down 5 opponents with a Shotgun in a row without dying.
Skyjacker: Board an enemy aircraft.
Slice 'N Dice: Cut down 10 opponents with the Plasma Sword in a row without dying.
Sniper Kill: Kill an opponent by using a sniping weapon.
Sniper Spree: Snipe 5 opponents in a row without dying.
Splatter: Hit and kill an opponent with a vehicle.
Splatter Spree: Splatter 5 opponents in a row without dying.
Steaktacular (secret medal): Beat the opposing team by over 20 kills.
Sword Spree: Cut down 5 opponents with the Plasma Sword in a row without dying.
Triple Kill: Kill 3 opponents within 4 seconds of each other.
Unstoppable: Kill 10 consecutive opponents in a single run as the Juggernaut in a Juggernaut game type.
Untouchable: Kill 25 opponents in a row without dying.
Vehicular Manslaughter: Splatter 10 opponents in a row without dying.
Wheelman: Be the driver of a vehicle when a passenger kills an opponent.
Zombie Killing Spree: Kill 5 zombies in a row as a human without dying in an Infection game type.
Get the indicated number of skill and experience points to advance to the corresponding rank. Note: You can skip ranks once there is a set skill requirement. For example, you can go from Lieutenant Grade 2 (Skill: 10, EXP: 85) straight to Captain (Skill: 20, EXP: 100)
- 1. Recruit: Skill: 0, EXP: 1
- 2. Apprentice: Skill: 0, EXP: 2
- 3. Apprentice Grade 2: Skill: 0, EXP: 3
- 4. Private: Skill: 0, EXP: 5
- 5. Private Grade 2: Skill: 0, EXP: 7
- 6. Corporal: Skill: 0, EXP: 10
- 7. Corporal Grade 2: Skill: 0, EXP: 15
- 8. Sergeant: Skill: 0, EXP: 20
- 9. Sergeant Grade 2: Skill: 0, EXP: 30
- 10. Sergeant Grade 3: Skill: 0, EXP: 40
- 11. Gunnery Sergeant: Skill: 0, EXP: 50
- 12. Gunnery Sergeant Grade 2: Skill: 0, EXP: 60
- 13. Gunnery Sergeant Grade 3: Skill: 0, EXP: 150
- 14. Gunnery Sergeant Grade 4: Skill: 0, EXP: 300
- 15. Lieutenant: Skill: 10, EXP: 70
- 16. Lieutenant Grade 2: Skill: 10, EXP: 85
- 17. Lieutenant Grade 3: Skill: 10, EXP: 200
- 18. Lieutenant Grade 4: Skill: 10, EXP: 400
- 19. Captain: Skill: 20, EXP: 100
- 20. Captain Grade 2: Skill: 20, EXP: 150
- 21. Captain Grade 3: Skill: 20, EXP: 300
- 21. Captain Grade 4: Skill: 20, EXP: 600
- 22. Major: Skill: 30, EXP: 200
- 23. Major Grade 2: Skill: 30, EXP: 300
- 24. Major Grade 3: Skill: 30, EXP: 600
- 25. Major Grade 4: Skill: 30, EXP: 1,200
- 26. Commander: Skill: 35, EXP: 300
- 27. Commander Grade 2: Skill: 35, EXP: 450
- 28. Commander Grade 3: Skill: 35, EXP: 900
- 29. Commander Grade 4: Skill: 35, EXP: 1,800
- 30. Colonel: Skill: 40, EXP: 400
- 31. Colonel Grade 2: Skill: 40, EXP: 600
- 32. Colonel Grade 3: Skill: 40, EXP: 1,200
- 33. Colonel Grade 4: Skill: 40, EXP: 1,800
- 34. Brigadier: Skill: 45, EXP: 500
- 35. Brigadier Grade 2: Skill: 45, EXP: 1,000
- 36. Brigadier Grade 3: Skill: 45, EXP: 2,000
- 37. Brigadier Grade 4: Skill: 45, EXP: 4,000
- 38. General: Skill: 50, EXP: 600
- 39. General Grade 2: Skill: 50, EXP: 1,200
- 40. General Grade 3: Skill: 50, EXP: 2,500
- 41. General Grade 4: Skill: 50, EXP: 5,000
Assault rifle: This is a very handy weapon to fight all enemies with, but not vehicles. It is useful against both Covenant and Flood and is available throughout the game.
Pistol/Magnum: This is a very powerful dual-wielding gun that has high firing power. The new pistol no longer has a small zoom and has very little bullets. It is useful against both Covenant and Flood.
SMG: This is as powerful as in Halo 2. It has been upgraded with higher firing power and has a recoil. It is useful against both Covenant and Flood but can be difficult to find. It can be dual wielded.
Battle rifle: This is a powerful burst-firing rifle that has high damage and high accuracy. It is better against Covenant than Flood. It is useful for sniping.
Shotgun: This is a low ranged but powerful weapon. It can hold small amount of ammunition but can fire in mid-reload. It is useful against both Covenant and Flood but is far more efficient when used on the Flood.
Sniper rifle: This is an extremely long-ranged rifle that can fire four shots in one round. This is the main weapon for sniping and usually takes two shots to kill in the torso.
Rocket launcher: This is an extremely high damage weapon that is good for taking out powerful opponents and vehicles. It is also useful against groups of enemies. It has splash damage. Be careful as it can also be hazardous to yourself.
Spartan laser: This is the most powerful weapon in the game but requires a long charged wait. It is useful for killing vehicles and powerful enemies. It is vital to kill the Monitor.
Plasma rifle: This is a powerful weapon that is great against the Flood. You can dual-wield them, but they will overheat if fired for too long.
Plasma pistol: One fully powered shot can take out your shield. A powerful but difficult weapon to use. It can be dual-wielded. It is useful because of its high range and high attack speed. It is better against Covenant.
Brute spiker: This is a Brute weapon that is commonly used throughout the game. It has a medium-sized clip and can be dual-wielded. It is more powerful against Covenant.
Needler: This can no longer be dual-wielded but is much more powerful. It can now explode with four needles. It is useful against a group and powerful opponents.
Carbine: This is a Covenant version of a battle rifle. It is very useful for sniping and in close combat. It fires single shots and has an average round. It is commonly used by Jackals.
Brute shot: This is a less powerful splash weapon that is useful for taking out groups or vehicles. It has a high range and is very common throughout the game.
Beam rifle: This is a Covenant sniper-rifle. It does not require clips but cannot be fired repeatedly due to overheating. It has high range and is powerful against Brutes.
Energy sword: This is a melee weapon that is extremely powerful against one opponent, usually resulting in a one-hit kill. It is useful against both Covenant and Flood. It has a small rush towards the target before striking.
Gravity hammer: This is a rare and powerful melee weapon. It is only used by extremely powerful Brutes. It can take out groups and can push opponents away. It has a tiny rush when attacking.
Frag grenade: This is a powerful and dangerous grenade that has the highest kill-radius. It has a bounce that can make killing opponents difficult.
Plasma grenade: This is a weaker grenade that can stick to opponents and detonate, killing those around it. It sticks only to opponents.
Spike grenade: This is a less powerful but lethal version of the plasma grenade. When detonating, it sends spikes shooting in all directions. It can stick to both opponents and vehicles.
Firebomb grenade: This explodes on impact spreading flames around the area. It has a burning effect that is good against Flood more than Covenant but can spread.
If your shields are down in Forge mode, press Up and they will recharge.Reload quicker
If you are a Spartan or Elite and your ammunition is low, press Up again while reloading to instantly reload.Melee faster
To melee quicker, press B, then press Y(2), B rapidly.Stay zoomed in
If you are zoomed in as a Spartan or Elite and turn into the Monitor, press Up to turn back into your character and still be zoomed.Crouching
To crouch, click and hold the Left Analog-stick. While crouched, you will not appear on motion-sensors. This is helpful in Multiplayer mode when you do not want the other team to find out where you are.Play as the Oracle
At the Forge lobby, press Up to turn into the Oracle. You can pick up items by pressing A when you see a green hand.Exploding grenades
Throw a grenade in the air, and shoot it with a sniper rifle.Defeating Flood
When you kill any Flood that can come back to life by the infection forms, hit the body and it should break apart. This saves ammunition.Defeating Wraiths
To easily kill a Wraith and save time and ammunition, aim at the little circle on its back. It only takes approximately five to ten shots to kill it this way.Illegal service tags
If you go to "Appearance" and try to change your service tag to "I17" (Master Chief's number is 117), the game will not allow it. It will say that the tag is reserved for use by the UNSC.
If you try to use "A55" as your service tag, you will be told that it cannot be used under UNCS regulations and rules.Red vs. Blue reference in Crow's Nest mission
When you begin the mission, you will find a large roadway with many Covenant forces. You are supposed to fight your way to a door that will lead you to a room with two turbine-like objects. Instead of going through this door, follow the road all the way to the end, killing all the Covenant on the way. Once you reach the end, there will be a Marine knocking on a door wanting to get in. If you listen closely, you can hear that it is actually an excerpt from Red vs. Blue where Simmons is talking to Griff trying to get into the base. Note: There is a different message for each difficulty setting:
Normal: Two Marines copying Red vs. Blue.
Heroic: Simmons and Griff from Red vs. Blue.
Legendary: Church and Caboose doing a "remake" of Simmons and Griff.
In the "Isolation" multiplayer map, go to the Flood cave where the Ghost is located. Go in front of the Ghost, look up, and walk a short distance slowly. You will see a big smudge on its face, but look carefully for the duck's body. You can partly see its face and the horns on its head. This is related to the picture in Zanzibar in Halo 2.Flipped Elephant message in Sandtrap multiplayer map
Note: This trick is best done with two players. In the "Sandtrap" multiplayer map in Forge mode, first try to get as many pre-placed Fusion Coils and Plasma Batteries before starting. Place as many Fusion Coils and Plasma Batteries as possible in front of an Elephant, then drive into the pile. Then, shoot at the pile until it explodes. It will either just jump a little, stand up on the rear, or turn all the way around. When you get close, the message "Hold RB to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?" will appear.
Get two Elephants to collide into each other. Have one flip the other over. When one is flipped over and you get close, the message "Hold RB to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?" will appear.
Drive the Elephant on a hill so it stays on it. Put exploding crates around the hanger. Blow up the crates with a plasma grenade. When it is flipped over and you get close, the message "Hold RB to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?" will appear. You can keep flipping it back and forth.Monkeys with teddy bear in Sierra 117 mission
After you come into contact with the snipers in the woods, follow the left rock path to find a strange family of monkeys holding a teddy bear.Hidden area in Tsavo Highway mission
After the part where you exit your Warthog, jump across the bridge, and kill the Brute and two Grunts that are attacking your men. Turn directly around, facing toward where you came from. Look to your left, and you will see a structure. Go up to the wall on the structure, and look to your right. There should be a pathway. Follow the path until you get on top of a bridge-like structure. There should be some dead UNSC Marines, a sniper rifle, and some other ammunition.Crossing broken bridge with vehicles in Tsavo Highway mission
When you reach the bridge with a Warthog or other vehicle with barriers, normally you cannot cross this area. However, back in one of the buildings before the bridge is a Grav Lift. Get it, and throw it a bit before the break in the bridge, then run the Warthog or any other vehicle over it. This will make the next area much easier, especially on the Legendary difficulty.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Landfall (10 points): Halo 3: Complete Sierra 117.
- Holdout (10 points): Halo 3: Complete Crow's Nest.
- The Road (10 points): Halo 3: Complete Tsavo Highway.
- Assault (10 points): Halo 3: Complete The Storm.
- Cleansing (10 points): Halo 3: Complete Floodgate.
- Refuge (10 points): Halo 3: Complete The Ark.
- Last Stand (10 points): Halo 3: Complete The Covenant.
- The Key (10 points): Halo 3: Complete Cortana.
- Return (10 points): Halo 3: Complete Halo.
- Speedy One One Seven (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on Sierra 117.
- Time Shift (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on Crow's Nest.
- Highway Robbery (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on Tsavo Highway.
- Lightning Strike (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on The Storm.
- Dambuster (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on Floodgate.
- Waypoint (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on The Ark.
- Scarab Slide (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on The Covenant.
- Making History (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on Cortana.
- Go, Chief! Gun It! (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on Halo.
- Speed Demon (20 points): Halo 3: Beat the par time on all Halo 3 levels.
- Guerilla (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on Sierra 117.
- Cavalier (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on Tsavo Highway.
- Askar (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on The Storm.
- Exterminator (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on Floodgate.
- Ranger (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on The Ark.
- Vanguard (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on The Covenant.
- Orpheus (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on Cortana.
- Torchbearer (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on Halo.
- Better With Age (20 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on every Halo 3 level.
- Rising Waters (5 points): Halo 3: Activate Terminal 1 on The Ark.
- Inundation (5 points): Halo 3: Activate Terminal 2 on The Ark.
- Before the Fire (5 points): Halo 3: Activate Terminal 3 on The Ark.
- Tipping Point (5 points): Halo 3: Activate Terminal 4 on The Covenant.
- Unto Dust (5 points): Halo 3: Activate Terminal 5 on The Covenant.
- Babbling Dead (5 points): Halo 3: Activate Terminal 6 on The Covenant.
- Sword and Shield (5 points): Halo 3: Activate Terminal 7 on Halo.
- The Coin's Fault (5 points): Halo 3: Activate Cortana's Terminal on Cortana.
- Whispers Across the Galaxy (5 points): Halo 3: View the communique from Mendicant Bias.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Iron (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Iron Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Black Eye (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Black Eye Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Tough Luck (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Tough Luck Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Catch (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Catch Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Fog (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Fog Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Famine (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Famine Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Thunderstorm (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Thunderstorm Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Tilt (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Tilt Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Mythic (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Mythic Skull.
- Prophet's Bane (10 points): Halo 3: Complete every level of the game on Normal difficulty.
- With Your Shield or On It (20 points): Halo 3: Complete every level of the game on Heroic difficulty.
- Finished the Fight (30 points): Halo 3: Complete every level of the game on Legendary difficulty.
- Begins with a Single Step (10 points): Halo 3: On Tsavo Highway, complete the level without entering a vehicle.
- Who Needs Them? (10 points): Halo 3: On The Ark, complete the level without entering a vehicle on Legendary.
- Phantom Hunter (10 points): Halo 3: Destroy 3 total Phantoms on The Covenant.
- Annual (10 points): Halo 3: Complete Halo on 4-player Legendary co-op, with Iron Skull, and everyone in Ghosts.
- Dirge of Madrigal (5 points): Halo 3: Trigger the hidden music cue in Halo 3.
- Primate (5 points): Halo 3: Find your first missing links.
- Haplorrhini (5 points): Halo 3: Find a lonely missing link.
- Can't Keep Him Down (5 points): Halo 3: Fight alongside and listen to The Man. The Legend. Chips Dubbo.
- Flipyap (5 points): Halo 3: Listen to the tale of a young Grunt named Flipyap.
- Heading to his Destiny (5 points): Halo 3: Destined for greatness.
- Sounds Familiar (5 points): Halo 3: This stuff is your history!
- Milk Carton (5 points): Halo 3: Find the poster of the missing man.
- Cool Story Bro (5 points): Halo 3: Listen to the story of the Final Grunt.
- Delicious Brains (5 points): Kill 100 Flood.
- Zombie Repeller (10 points): Kill 1000 Flood.
- Third Time's A Charm (5 points): Halo 3: Play a game of Halo 3 on the 25th of any month.
- A Preference for Pain (30 points): Halo 3: Complete the Halo 3 LASO Campaign playlist.
- Missing Link (5 points): Halo 3: Watching. Waiting. Plotting.
- Mind the Gap (10 points): Halo 3: 4 vehicles, 1 gap on Legendary using Cowbell, Catch, Thunderstorm, Mythic, and Tough Luck.
- Training Wheels (10 points): Halo 3: Complete every level of the game on Easy difficulty.
- Boot Camp Hero (10 points): Halo 3: Complete a Halo 3 playlist.
- Afficiando (20 points): Halo 3: Complete three Halo 3 playlists.
- King of the Crows (10 points): Halo 3: Beat the par score on Crow's Nest.
- Witch Doctor (20 points): Halo 3: Find and claim all Skulls in Halo 3.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Blind (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Blind Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Grunt Birthday Party (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Grunt Birthday Party Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: Cowbell (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the Cowbell Skull.
- Skulltaker Halo 3: IWHBYD (5 points): Halo 3: Find and claim the IWHBYD Skull.
- No Stone Unturned (20 points): Halo 3: Activate all Halo 3 Terminals.
Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Legendary difficulty in Single Player or Co-Op mode to unlock the "117" Emblem in Infinity mode.Legendary Visor
Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Legendary difficulty in Single Player or Co-Op mode to unlock the Legendary Visor in Infinity mode.Mark VI Armor
Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Legendary difficulty in Single Player or Co-Op mode to unlock the Mark VI Armor in Infinity mode.Alternate ending
Successfully complete the game on the Legendary difficulty to view a secret ending after the credits end, including Master Chief being unmasked.Specialization unlockables
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding bonus:
- First set of armor: Reach Specialization Ranks 2 through 4.
- Second set of armor: Reach Specialization Ranks 7 through 9.
- Specialization Package Mod: Reach Specialization Rank 10.
- Specialization Visor: Reach Specialization Rank 6.
- Weapon with alternate skin: Reach Specialization Rank 5.
Reach the indicated rank in Multiplayer mode to unlock the corresponding bonus:
|Unlockable||Rank (SR)||Cost (SP)||Description|
|Promethean Vision||1||0||Can detect enemy signatures through walls and other hard surfaces|
|Thruster Pack||1||0||Supplies a powerful burst of movement, giving the ability to evade or quickly close in|
|Active Camoflage||-||3||Can generate a visual effect stunningly close to invisibility|
|Hardlight Shield||-||3||Can generate a protective barrier of hard light, which stops most small arms fire and some explosives|
|Hologram||-||3||Can generate a nearly identical holographic decoy to deceive enemies during combat|
|Jet Pack||-||3||Enables limited flight through a vertical lift propulsion system similar to that of EVA reentry packs|
|Autosentry||16||3||An automated turret that can be deployed to defend its user or command a key battlefield chokepoint|
|Regeneration Field||16||3||Can release a short-range energy field that heals any nearby Spartan|
|Mobility||1||0||Enables infinite sprint|
|Shielding||-||1||Increases the armor's energy shield recharge rate|
|AA Efficiency||14||1||Increases the Armor Abilities energy recharge rate|
|Resupply||14||1||Can recover grenades from dead allies and enemies|
|Firepower||24||1||Can use a primary weapon in the secondary weapon slot|
|Grenadier||24||1||Increases the grenade carrying capacity|
|Fast Track||50||1 (Pioneer)||Can advance quicker in rank|
|Requisition||50||1 (Tracker)||Can request new choices when an ordnance is granted|
|Wheelman||50||1 (Operator)||Increases the long term durability of your vehicle and how it reacts to EMP charges|
|Dexterity||1||0||Increases reload time and switch weapon animation speed|
|Ammo||-||1||Extra clip when you spawn|
|Awareness||20||1||Retain your motion sensor while scoped|
|Sensor||20||1||Increases Motion Tracker Range|
|Explosives||26||1||Increases grenade strength and decreases grenade damage to the player|
|Ordinance Priority||26||1||Reduces Threshold for Personal Ordinance|
|Drop Recon||50||1 (Engineer)||HUD indicator for incoming ordinance|
|Gunner||50||1 (Pathfinder)||Turret Cooldown + Mobility while carrying|
|Nemesis||50||1 (Stalker)||Can target and track down previous attacking enemies, highlighting them on the armor's passive sensors|
|Stability||50||1 (Rogue)||Reduces flinch while shot in-scope|
|Stealth||50||1 (Wetwork)||Faster assassinations, quieter footsteps, reduced visibility vs. Promethean Visio|
Search the indicated locations to find all seven terminals:
In Chapter 2: Requiem, you will reach a large tower near the end of the mission. Before attempting to go up it, kill the armored Hunters, and look for a main ramp leading up to the central tower's elevator shaft. Search underneath the transparent ramp to find the first terminal.
In Chapter 3: Forerunner, after Master Chief's screen flickers while searching for the first of two objective at the beginning of the mission, Cortana will say "What's that distortion?" The terminal will be directly ahead, on the ground floor of the central Promethean building, below a circular structure with three columns.
In Chapter 4: Infinity, after meeting up with the UNSC allied soldiers, there will be a cutscene. Once the cutscene ends, turn around to find the terminal.
In Chapter 5: Reclaimer, after getting Cortana back, you will be instructed to escape using an elevator. Before using the elevator, go down the hall to your right, as you enter the hall leading to the elevator, to find the terminal.
In Chapter 6: Shutdown, you will fly a Pelican to multiple locations. Once you reach the Production Tower (third tower), Cortana will say you have to locate the control room. Take the gravity elevator up, then cross the energy bridges toward the objective. Once you reach two Hunters, go back across the energy bridge you just crossed, and go to the right to reach a new platform. The terminal is on the backside of the isolated platform.
In Chapter 7: Composer, after killing the two Hunters, there will eventually be a long cutscene with the Dr. Tillson. Once the cutscene ends, look directly ahead for a building with "ATRIUM" written on it. Look below that building, inside a small cave formed by rocks, to find the terminal.
In Chapter 8: Midnight, after crash landing on the enemy ship, you will have to fight Protheans through several chambers. After entering the third room, look behind the central pillar to find the terminal.
In Multiplayer mode, summon a hologram over a recently killed enemy to tea-bag it.Hidden Conan O'Brien coversations
In Chapter 6: Shutdown, you will be tasked with finding a Pelican at the beginning of the mission. Instead, jump down into the large cargo bay, and go left and straight to find two masked marines standing near a forklift, past a row of Warthogs. Once you find them, they will be silent at first, but eventually start talking. The first marine to speak will always be Conan O'Brien (a late-night talk show host). The second marine to speak will always be Andy Richter (Conan's sidekick and announcer). The following are the three conversations that can be heard:
- Conan: This is a pretty sweet union we're in.
- Andy: It's fantastic.
- Conan: Stand near the crates, but don't ever move 'em.
- Andy: Right, right, if anyone even looks at the crates... that's a violation.
- Conan: Ah yeah.
- Conan: Don't you think rugs would warm this up a little bit?
- Andy: Absolutely, absolutely.
- Conan: Like, literally I'm not talkin' wall to wall, just five area rugs.
- Andy: Mmhmm.
- Conan: Or some oriental rugs, and y'know what? Suddenly it's a whole different vibe in here.
- Andy: Right.
- Conan: I think somethin's up.
- Andy: What?
- Conan: I think there's gonna be a war with an alien they awoke from an ancient slumber.
- Andy: Ooooh, the- wha- that is stupid.
- Conan: I know.
- Andy: I mean, I don't know much, I mostly just load crates, but that is stupid.
- Conan: Y'know, there's one thing my grandpa told me, "Never awaken an alien from an ancient slumber."
In Chapter 5: Reclaimer, after you have destroyed the alien mothership and landed in the desert below, get in a vehicle, and keep looking to the left. Eventually, you will pass a large ravine with waterfalls in the distance on the left while going through the canyons. Get out of the vehicle, and look down. Zoom in between the waterfalls in the distance to see a double rainbow. This is a reference to the Double Rainbow viral YouTube video.Red vs. Blue Easter Eggs
In Episode 1: Chapter 5 - The Cauldron in Spartan Ops mode, pick up the DMR at the beginning of the chapter unless you have another scoped weapon. Kill the first group of enemies, then go up the ramp. There will be some physical and energy barricades. Go straight forward from the barricades, and jump onto the ledge. Look down into the lava below using a scoped weapon. There is a small box stuck in the rocks. Shoot it, and you will hear a unique sound. Then, continue through the chapter. Eventually, Red vs. Blue characters will start talking during the regular dialogue. He will say "Caboose: Um, the regular radio guy isn't here right now. Umm... sorry." and "Caboose: Seriously, the regular guy said he would be right back. He's in the bathroom."
In Episode 2: Chapter 5 - Gagarin in Spartan Ops mode, when the chapter begins, go straight, then turn left at the fork to enter a forest area. Hug the wall on the left. Once you enter an area with some yellow sacs hanging from the walls and ceiling on the left, look for a barely visible hidden box behind some plant leaves on the rocks, below the yellow sacs on the left (it is about halfway up on your left). Shoot it, and you will hear a unique sound. Then, continue through the chapter. Eventually, Red vs. Blue characters will start talking over the radio, usually after completing an objective. The following are the three conversations that can be heard:
- Caboose: What does this button do?
- Church: Caboose, don't touch anything.
- Caboose: But I'm great at buttons. Hey look at that explosion.
- Church: Oh great! You broke it.
- Caboose: The fire broke it! Oh see. Oh great, now I'm on fire, too now. Awesome.
- Griff: Hey Simmons, what do you think this machine does?
- Simmons: How would I know? It's a forty-foot seamless monolith with one massive holographic button. It could be anything, from a giant microwave oven to a weapon with enough power to-
- Caboose: [Background screaming!]
- Simmons: Hey, is that Caboose?
- Grif: Probably. He's on fire.
When there are multiple Promethean Knights in an area, they can be be difficult to defeat, especially on the Legendary difficulty. To kill them easily, make sure you have a mid range weapon (battle rifle, carbine, DMR, light rifle, pistol, etc.) and the shotgun (or equivalent). Start by using your mid range weapon to shoot one of the knights in the head from a distance, but use a low rate of fire to conserve ammo. Fire only one shot every couple of seconds. This will bait him into doing the teleporting-dash across the map to melee you -- bringing him in close and separating him from the rest of the knights. When you see the knight begin to teleport-dash towards you, quickly run backwards and slightly to the side to dodge his melee attack, then switch to your shotgun and shoot him at close range. Repeat this tactic as necessary.Easy "Bros To The Close" achievement Easy "Digging Up The Past" achievement
At the beginning of the game, immediately after talking to Cortana outside the cryotube, go down the hallway, and look left to find a set of stairs leading down. Go down the stairs to find a computer. Interact with it to watch a cutscene explaining the story from the first three Halo games, and get the "Digging Up The Past" achievement.Easy "Explore The Floor" achievement
In Chapter 6: Shutdown, you will fly a Pelican to multiple locations. Once you reach the Production Tower (third tower), Cortana will say you have to locate the control room. Take the gravity elevator up, then cross the energy bridges toward the objective. Once you reach two Hunters, stand near the ledge on the platform. When one of the Hunters run at you, use the jet pack to get out of the way. When it falls off the ledge, you will get the "Explore The Floor" achievement.
It is recommended you set the difficulty to "Easy" before attempting to get this achievement. In Chapter 7: Composer, start at the "Rally Point – Alpha" checkpoint, if you have already completed the chapter. Eventually you will find a scientist that will give you a Thruster. In the next room, you will encounter two Hunters. Run to the gun rack on the opposite side of the room; it is past the circular lowered area, and up the ramp. Grab the Sticky Detonator. If you ran ahead fast enough, the two Hunters should be unaware, allowing you to shoot at their backs. Keep shooting them in their backs with the Sticky Detonator, getting a safe distance away, and then detonating the explosives. Get close to the Hunters, and use the Thruster to get behind them so you can shoot them in the back. It should only take three to four hits to kill each Hunter on the Easy difficulty. Note: Before careful, as it is possible for the marine allies to kill the Hunters as well. If they kill one of the Hunters, you will need to restart from the previous checkpoint, and try again to get the "Give Him The Stick" achievement.Easy "Midnight Launch" achievement
In Chapter 2: Requiem, make your way through the wreckage, and eventually you will find an overturned Warthog. Roll the vehicle over, and get in it. While driving forward, stay next to the left wall. Keep looking to the left, and eventually you will see a half-circular entrance with a ramp inside. You must jump off this ramp at midnight to get the achievement. Once you reach this point, save the game. Then, disconnect the Xbox 360 from the internet, and ensure your saved game file is on the hard drive, and not on the cloud storage. At the Xbox 360 dashboard, go to "System Settings", "Console Settings", and select "Clock, Date & Time". Set the system clock to around 11:50 p.m. to ensure you have plenty of time to reach the ramp again. Play Chapter 2: Requiem again, find the Warthog, drive it to the circular entrance. Press Xbox Guide to view the clock. Once the clock reaches midnight, drive through the entrance and up the ramp. Once you drive off the ramp, you should get the "Midnight Launch" achievement.Easy "Roses vs Violets" achievement
In Episode 1: Chapter 5 - The Cauldron in Spartan Ops mode, pick up the DMR at the beginning of the chapter unless you have another scoped weapon. Kill the first group of enemies, then go up the ramp. There will be some physical and energy barricades. Go straight forward from the barricades, and jump onto the ledge. Look down into the lava below using a scoped weapon. There is a small box stuck in the rocks. Shoot it, and you will hear a unique sound and get the "Roses vs Violets" achievement.
Play through any campaign mission on the Heroic or higher difficulty with the Cowbell, Grunt Birthday Party, and IWHBYD Skulls enabled. These three skulls do not increase the game's difficulty by too much, and count towards the "Skullduggary" achievement.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Dawn (10 points): Halo 4: Complete Dawn.
- Requiem (10 points): Halo 4: Complete Requiem.
- Forerunner (10 points): Halo 4: Complete Forerunner.
- Infinity (10 points): Halo 4: Complete Infinity.
- Reclaimer (10 points): Halo 4: Complete Reclaimer.
- Shutdown (10 points): Halo 4: Complete Shutdown.
- Composer (10 points): Halo 4: Complete Composer.
- Midnight (10 points): Halo 4: Complete Midnight.
- Piece of Cake (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par time on Dawn.
- Interloper (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par time on Requiem.
- Raging in the Dark (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par time on Forerunner.
- Ouroboros (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par time on Infinity.
- Gimme That (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par time on Reclaimer.
- Shut. Down. Everything. (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par time on Shutdown.
- Symphony of Pain (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par time on Composer.
- Countdown (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par time on Midnight.
- Easy As One Two Three (20 points): Halo 4: Beat the par time on all Halo 4 levels.
- Gunslinger (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par score on Dawn.
- Dark Fortress (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par score on Requiem.
- Shadow of Sundered Star (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par score on Forerunner.
- Jungle Warfare (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par score on Infinity.
- Librarian's Pet (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par score on Reclaimer.
- Emergency Shutdown (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par score on Shutdown.
- Head Banging (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par score on Composer.
- Witching Hour (10 points): Halo 4: Beat the par score on Midnight.
- You Had it Coming (20 points): Halo 4: Beat the par score on every Halo 4 level.
- War (5 points): Halo 4: Activate Terminal 1 on Requiem.
- Lord of Admirals (5 points): Halo 4: Activate Terminal 2 on Forerunner.
- Charum Hakkor (5 points): Halo 4: Activate Terminal 3 on Infinity.
- Flood (5 points): Halo 4: Activate Terminal 4 on Reclaimer.
- Knights (5 points): Halo 4: Activate Terminal 5 on Shutdown.
- Justice (5 points): Halo 4: Activate Terminal 6 on Composer.
- Cryptum (5 points): Halo 4: Activate Terminal 7 on Midnight.
- Terminus (20 points): Halo 4: Activate all Halo 4 Terminals.
- Wake Up, John (10 points): Halo 4: Complete every level of the game on Normal difficulty.
- I Need a Hero (20 points): Halo 4: Complete every level of the game on Heroic difficulty.
- The Legend of 117 (30 points): Halo 4: Complete every level of the game on Legendary difficulty.
- Lone Wolf Legend (30 points): Halo 4: Complete every level of the game on Legendary difficulty, by yourself.
- This is my Rifle, This is my Gun (10 points): Halo 4: Carry a UNSC weapon all the way through Forerunner on Heroic or Legendary.
- Bros to the Close (10 points): Halo 4: Complete Infinity without one preventable Marine death on Heroic or Legendary.
- Explore the Floor (10 points): Halo 4: Trick or force a Hunter to fall to its demise on Shutdown.
- Give Him the Stick (10 points): Halo 4: Take out both Hunters using only the Sticky Detonator on Composer.
- Chief, Smash! (10 points): Halo 4: Kill 3 Crawlers in one hit with the Gravity Hammer on Midnight.
- You're No Chips (5 points): Halo 4: What do Marines know about sticks?
- A Long Time Ago (5 points): Halo 4: Play a game of Halo 4 on the 6th of any month.
- Mortardom (10 points): Halo 4: On Reclaimer, use a Wraith to kill at least four enemy Wraiths on Heroic or Legendary.
- Bro Hammer (10 points): Complete any co-op level on Legendary difficulty.
- Digging up the Past (5 points): Halo 4: Access the Master Chief's records on Dawn.
- Naked Tyrant (30 points): Halo 4: Complete the Halo 4 LASO Campaign playlist.
- Devotee (20 points): Halo 4: Complete three Halo 4 playlists.
- Throne of Bones (30 points): Find and claim all the campaign skulls in Halo:CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3.
- A Pile of Medals (10 points): Collect 2,000 campaign or playlist medals.
- A Crate of Medals (10 points): Collect 3,000 campaign or playlist medals.
- A Heap of Medals (10 points): Collect 4,000 campaign or playlist medals.
- A Few Trinkets (10 points): Collect 5,000 campaign or playlist medals.
- Chest of Gold (10 points): Halo 4: Complete a Halo 4 playlist.
- Oh, These Baubles? (10 points): Collect 6,000 campaign or playlist medals.
- Chesty Puller Starter Kit (10 points): Collect 7,000 campaign or playlist medals.
- Medal Master Chief (10 points): Collect 8,000 campaign or playlist medals.
- Contender (10 points): Win 50 multiplayer games.
- In It To Win It (10 points): Win 200 multiplayer games.
- Game On (10 points): Complete 50 missions or multiplayer games.
- Bonus Level (10 points): Complete 200 missions or multiplayer games.
- Sharpshooter (10 points): Win 150 multiplayer games.
- Can't Put It Down (10 points): Complete 150 missions or multiplayer games.
- Battle Hardened (10 points): Win 250 multiplayer games.
- Up All Night (10 points): Complete 250 missions or multiplayer games.
- Thermopylae (10 points): Win 300 multiplayer games.
- Can't Get Enough (10 points): Complete 300 missions or multiplayer games.
- Striking Fear in Their Hearts (10 points): Win 350 multiplayer games.
- Committed (10 points): Complete 350 missions or multiplayer games.
- Steady Aim (10 points): Win 400 multiplayer games.
- Big Time Gamer (10 points): Complete 400 missions or multiplayer games.
- Quick Trigger Finger (10 points): Win 450 multiplayer games.
- Long Time Fan (10 points): Complete 450 missions or multiplayer games.
- Multiplayer Champion (20 points): Win 500 multiplayer games.
- The Long Haul (20 points): Complete 500 missions or multiplayer games.
- Just A Taste (5 points): Collect 500 campaign or playlist medals.
- All Out of Bubblegum (10 points): Collect 1,000 unique campaign or playlist medals.
- Foe Hammer (10 points): Kill 5,000 enemies or players.
- Gruntageddon (10 points): Kill 1000 Grunts.
- Were It So Easy (10 points): Kill 1000 Elites.
- Scavenger Hunt (10 points): Kill 1000 Jackals.
- Dankey Kang (10 points): Kill 1000 Brutes.
- Wyrmslayer (10 points): Kill 250 Hunters.
- Remove the Bishops From the Board (10 points): Kill 1000 Watchers.
- Knightbane (10 points): Kill 1000 Knights.
- Dogcatcher (10 points): Kill 1000 Crawlers.
- Librarian's Gift (10 points): Halo 4: Complete every level of the game on Easy difficulty.