Bleach: Dark Souls is coming out for the Nintendo DS and will release sometime in Summer 2008. The game will include an all new storyline, an expanded list of characters, and fast, multi-plane fighting action for up to four players via the Nintendo Wi-Fi.
BLEACH is an anime series that can be seen on Cartoon Network. The cartoon follows the life of a 15-year-old boy, Ichigo Kurosaki, who becomes a Soul Reaper. The franchise is a major anime series in Japan, and is becoming very popular in North America. The first season of the show was featured on Cartoon Network’s, Adult Swim. Check out the list of key features below:
• Exclusive Single-player Storyline. Bleach: Dark Souls features an exclusive storyline that takes place in between seasons 1 and 2 of the animated series. Fans of the anime will have to play Bleach: Dark Souls to uncover story plot points that are sure to shed new insight on Ichigo’s quest to save Rukia.
• Exciting Multiplayer fighting action. Up to four players will enjoy the fighting action via Wi-Fi connection. This game supports the Download Play feature where one player has a cartridge and transmits the game to another player’s Nintendo DS which allows them to play head-to-head.
• Variety of multi-plane 2D fighting arenas. Players can switch between the foreground and the background battlelines to chase after or escape from opponents.
• Large cast of popular characters. Players will select from 44 of their favorite characters who are all voiced by the actors from the anime series including the Hollows.
• Special attacks to master. Players can inflict massive damage on opponents with special Combos and Super Power Attacks taken directly from the series.
• Seven thrilling gameplay modes. Story, Arcade, Versus, Training and Challenge modes along with two unlockable modes which will provide hours of replayability and keep players coming back for more.
• 30 New Power-up Cards and Power Crystals to Customize Spirit Card Deck. On the lower screen, players can customize and manage their deck of Power-up Cards for boosts to Health, Attack and Defense, and much more.
• New Bleach Encyclopedia. Contains fun and interesting facts about the entire Bleach universe. Fans of the series are sure to use this as a reference for to expand their Bleach knowledge.