Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding costume:
- Guardian Corps: Have a saved game file from Final Fantasy 13 .
- Knight Of Etro: Have a saved game file from Final Fantasy 13-2 .
- Siegfried: Defeat the Boss in the demo, and upload your score.
- Utsusemi: Play the Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 demo.
Easy money and EP
Once the Forsaken Graveyard is unlocked at the start of Main Quest 1-4, run around that area to encounter Zomos (dragons). They are easy to kill. Make sure to pay attention to the clock when you are farming money and EP, as you do not want to lose time. When fighting Zomos, stagger them by using Thunder and guard against any incoming attacks. Once the Zomos is staggered, use your physical attacks and Overclock to defeat it. Do not worry about Overclock usage, as you will get 4 EP on the Easy difficulty (and a little less on the Normal difficulty) once you defeat it. There will also be stronger Chaos Zomos that appear. Defeating them will earn you three times the normal amount of gil. Use the same method to defeat the Chaos Zomos. If you are badly damaged during a fight, you can use 1 EP to refill your health. At a certain point, you will encounter a pink Last Ones enemy. You will not be able to farm that specific species once the pink Last Ones of that species appears. Thus, you can either farm this area for money until the pink Last Ones enemy appears or use the area as a save haven for EP since the Zomos give you 4 to 5 EP each.
All Luxerion treasure chests locations
Search the indicated locations to find all Luxerion treasure chests:
Easy “A Legend From Times Past” achievement
Bhunivelze is the final story Boss. Defeat him to get the “A Legend From Times Past” achievement. Before starting this battle, get the Ultima weapon. It can be obtained in the last room before the Boss fight. You must complete four trials to unlock it. This special weapon gives +2500 attack and magic. Bring as many recovery items as you can carry. The Boss fight consists of four stages. Bhunivelze will completely refill all of his HP in each stage. Make sure to use the Overclock ability as often as possible, and cast Deshell and Imperil to make your magic attacks more powerful. In the last stage, his attacks are significantly more powerful — so save your Overclock for this point, and use your strongest magic attacks to stagger him quickly.
Easy “Holy Garb Of Destruction” and “Monster Bane” achievements
Ereshkigal is the final Boss in the Ultimate Lair. Defeat him to get the “Holy Garb Of Destruction” and “Monster Bane” achievements. Ereshkigal is optional and missable. To unlock the Ultimate Lair, you must complete all main story quests and get 100 side quests points (1-star missions are worth 2 points, 2-star missions are worth 4 points, 3-star missions are worth 8 points). Thus, if you complete around 30-40 quests of different difficulties, you should obtain enough points. The Ultimate Lair will then become unlocked on Day 13. Fight through its 33 levels, and defeat as many Last Ones as possible. They drop extremely strong equipment that will greatly help in the Ereshkigal fight. Once you reach Ereshkigal, Poison, and Overclock are the key to quickly winning the battle. Use magic attacks until Ereshkigal is staggered. Then, cast Deshell, Slow, Imperil, and Poison. Keep spamming Overclock, and use Elexir or Ether when you run out of EP. To get Elixir, you must sell sell 100 soul seeds to merchants. Elixir completely refills all of your EP, which guarantees a quick victory. There is also an Ether on Floor 32 of the Ultimate Lair. If you do not have an Elexir, at least get the Ether (restores 3 EP), and you should be fine. Note: The Ereshkigal Boss fight is significantly easier in New Game+ mode compared to the first playthrough.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Deliverer of Salvation (15 points): Proof of clearing 5 side quests. It is a fine beginning, but the journey is still long.
- Angel of Salvation (30 points): Proof of clearing 25 side quests. It is a great feat to lead so many souls to salvation.
- Seed Collector (30 points): Proof of a brave warrior who has managed to claim 50 soul seeds from the Chaos.
- Perfect Passenger (15 points): Proof of riding upon all of the great monorail lines that cross this shrinking world.
- Globetrotter (15 points): Proof of building strong bridges to span the depths between continents, making all the world one.
- A Helping Hand (15 points): Proof of clearing 25 quests that have appeared writ on the Canvas of Prayers.
- Novice Swordsmith (10 points): Proof of improving your first weapon. Did you make something worthy?
- Novice Shieldsmith (10 points): Proof of improving your first shield. Use it wisely to guard yourself.
- Novice Synthesist (10 points): Proof of synthesizing your first ability. Did it prove useful?
- Novice Craftsman (10 points): Proof of upgrading your first accessory. Did you find the experience thrilling?
- Novice Stylist (10 points): Proof of customizing your first schema. Continue on this path to find your own style.
- Novice Artist (10 points): Proof of customizing the color of one of your garb. Let your true colors shine through.
- Expert Swordsmith (15 points): Proof of modifying weapons 30 times.
- Expert Shieldsmith (15 points): Proof of modifying shields 30 times.
- Expert Synthesist (15 points): Proof of synthesizing abilities 30 times.
- Expert Craftsman (15 points): Proof of upgrading accessories 30 times.
- Expert Stylist (15 points): Proof of obtaining 30 different garb.
- Hero of Might (15 points): Proof of victory over 100 foes in battle.
- Hero of Glory (15 points): Proof of victory over 300 foes in battle.
- Hero of Legend (30 points): Proof of victory over 500 foes in battle.
- Fatal Impact (30 points): Proof of dealing damage so great that it goes beyond all reason or expectation.
- Seeing Stars (15 points): Proof of staggering enemies 50 times with fearsome attacks. Do not ever let them rest!
- Miracle of Light (10 points): Proof of one who has used 50 EP.
- Perfect Timing (15 points): Proof of successfully guarding against an enemy’s attack with perfect timing.
Additionally, there are 18 secret achievements:
- The Savior’s Descent (15 points): Proof of one who has mastered the basics of this world and begun a great journey.
- The Hope of a Promise (15 points): Proof of one who has seen through the dark mysteries that lurked in Luxerion, bringing justice.
- Hope at the Edge of Despair (15 points): Proof of one who has stood upon the stage in glittering Yusnaan, bringing peace to the Patron.
- The Mystery of the Holy Clavis (15 points): Proof of one who has made it through the Dead Dunes to find ancient treasure.
- An Appetite for Chaos (15 points): Proof of one who has visited the temple that towers over the Wildlands and touched the great Chaos.
- A Legend from Times Past (90 points): Proof of the true savior, who overthrew even the god of light to lead the people to a new world.
- Beyond Thirteen (30 points): Proof of making the impossible possible by using Eradia to bring the world a 14th day.
- A Father, a Son, and a Chocobo (15 points): Proof of helping a father and son reunite, bringing back a smile that seemed long lost.
- The Chocobo’s Savior (15 points): Proof of nursing the holy chocobo back to full health among the rich pastures of the Wildlands.
- Lizard Lariat (15 points): Proof of hunting down more than 30 lizards in the shifting sands of the Dead Dunes.
- Crimson Rebirth (15 points): Proof of restoring a sword, once broken, to its former glory and power.
- Queen of the Arena (15 points): Proof of achieving victory in the lists of the Battle Arena 10 times.
- Unearthly Apothecary (30 points): Proof of obtaining an elixir. It’s so rare that it seems almost a waste to use it, doesn’t it?
- Holy Garb of Destruction (90 points): Proof of obtaining the ultimate garb, imbued with destructive magic.
- Monster Bane (90 points): Proof of mastering all creation and conquering even the Ultimate Lair.
- Desert Dragonslayer (90 points): Proof of victory over the dragon Aeronite who brought terror to the Dead Dunes.
- Harbinger of Death (15 points): Proof of defeating your first Last One, the final specimen of a species on the verge of extinction.
- Goddess of Death (30 points): Proof of defeating 10 Last Ones, exterminating forever 10 different species of monster.