Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Note: This game is also titled Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles .
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding bonus scenario:
- Beginnings 1: Successfully complete Train Derailment 3.
- Beginnings 2: Successfully complete Beginnings 1 with an “A” or better rank.
- Dark Legacy 1: Successfully complete Fall Of Umbrella 3.
- Dark Legacy 2: Successfully complete Death’s Door and Nightmare 2.
- Death’s Door: Successfully complete Racoon’s Destruction 3 with an “A” or better rank.
- Fourth Survivor: Successfully complete all scenarios.
- Nightmare 1: Successfully complete Mansion Incident 1.
- Nightmare 2: Successfully complete Nightmare 1 with an “A” or better rank.
- Rebirth 1: Successfully complete Mansion Incident 3.
- Rebirth 2: Successfully complete Rebirth 1.
There are two bonus items per scenario. Get an “A” or better rank on the Normal difficulty to unlock the first item. Get an “S” rank on the Hard difficulty to unlock the second item (and first item if not already unlocked).
- Battery: Dark Legacy 2 with an “S” rank
- Blue/Green Leech Charm: Train Derailment 3 with an “A” rank
- Blue/Red/Green Chemical: Umbrella’s End 2 with an “A” rank
- Blue/Red/Yellow Gemstone: Rebirth 2 with an “A” rank
- Book of Wisdom/Future Compass: Raccoon’s Destruction 1 with an “S” rank
- Briefcase: Train Derailment 1 with an “S” rank
- Chronos Key: Raccoon’s Destruction 3 with an “S” rank
- Clark/Gail X-Ray: Rebirth 1 with an “A” rank
- Crystal/Obsidian/Amber Ball: Raccoon’s Destruction 3 with an “A” rank
- Cylinder Shaft: Nightmare 1 with an “A” rank
- Death Mask: Rebirth 2 with an “S” rank
- Eagle/Serpent/Jaguar Stone: Fourth Survivor with an “S” rank
- Emblem/Gold Emblem: Nightmare 2 with an “S” rank
- Film A/B/C/D: Umbrella’s End 1 with an “S” rank
- Fire/Water Key: Beginning 2 with an “A” rank
- Fuel Canteen: Mansion Incident 3 with an “S” rank
- Great Eagle/Wolf Medal: Mansion Incident 1 on the Hard difficulty with an “S” rank
- G-Virus: Fourth Survivor with an “A” rank
- Hex Crank: Nightmare 1 with an “S” rank
- Ink Ribbon: Umbrella’s End 3 with an “S” rank
- Joint N/S Plug: Raccoon’s Destruction 2 with an “A” rank
- King/Knight/Bishop/Rook Plug: Dark Legacy 1 with an “A” rank
- Last Book, Vol. 1/2: Nightmare 2 with an “A” rank
- Lighter/Lockpick: Mansion Incident 1 on the Normal difficulty with an “A” rank
- Lighter Fluid: Raccoon’s Destruction 2 with an “S” rank
- Medium Base: Dark Legacy 1 with an “S” rank
- Microfilm A/B: Beginning 2 with an “S” rank
- Mixing Set: Train Derailment 1 with an “A” rank
- MO Disk: Mansion Incident 3 with an “A” rank
- Motherboard: Beginning 1 with an “A” rank
- Picture (Ada and John): Death’s Door with an “A” rank
- Plastic Bomb/Detonator: Umbrella’s End 1 with an “A” rank
- Relief of Discipline/Obedience/Unity: Train Derailment 2 with an “S” rank
- S.T.A.R.S. Card (Brad): Death’s Door with an “S” rank
- S.T.A.R.S. Card (Jill): Raccoon’s Destruction 1 with an “A” rank
- Slide Cartridge: Rebirth 1 with an “S” rank
- Spade/Diamond/Club/Heart Key: Dark Legacy 2 with an “A” rank
- Square Crank: Umbrella’s End 2 with an “S” rank
- Statue of Good/Evil: Train Derailment 2 with an “A” rank
- Sterilizing Agent: Train Derailment 3 with an “S” rank
- Sun/Star/Moon Crest: Mansion Incident 2 with an “A” rank
- V-Jolt: Mansion Incident 2 with an “S” rank
- Vaccine: Umbrella’s End 3 with an “A” rank
- Valve Handle: Beginning 1 with an “S” rank
Special Stage mini-game
Successfully complete all scenarios, including the bonus sub-scenarios to unlock the Special Stage mini-game.
Get an “S” rank in all scenarios. The message “Unlimited Ammo Deactivated” will appear. This is a glitch, where “Deactivated” was used as a mistranslation for “Unlocked”. Ignore the error, and enter the “Customize” menu to purchase the level 5 (unlimited ammunition) upgrade.
Successfully complete Hunk’s “The Fourth Survivor” scenario to unlock Cooperative mode in all missions. You can now select the double pistol icon at the character selection screen to play with two players. Note: Both players will use the same character.
Play Hunk’s “The Fourth Survivor” scenario. Locate the secret room next to the front doors of the police station lobby. Watch for Hunk to look briefly towards the doors that lead to the secret room as he walks past. Quickly shoot the doors to open them. Enter the secret room, and get the Handcannon from the desk on the left side.
Control loading screen
During the loading screen, you can shoot the Umbrella logo where it will eventually fall. It will bounce around as you shoot it.
To get easy points, replay the first level of “Train Derailment” repeatedly. It is easy to get an “S” rank on this level. You will get 4 or 5 points for every “S” rank you earn.
Easy “S” ranks
Use the following trick to get easy “S” rank unlocks. Play Wesker’s Mansion Mission (Rebirth). Play the first scenario repeatedly. Once you find all three files, all you need to worry about is time and critical hits. It is also a short mission. Once you get the three files, getting an “S” rank each time is easy. The best time to get all your critical hits is after going up the steps. Once the zombies begin moving, aim your crosshair until the red circle blinks, then fire for an instant critical.
Shoot at the head or wait until you see their faces open in your face before they bite you. You can kill them with one shot almost every time.
When they are on the floor, shoot them in the head to kill them. When they are crawling on the roof, shoot them with the shotgun or an automatic because it will be difficult to kill them while they are there.
Defeating the Giant Worm
The Giant Worm will be moving left and right at the beginning; however, this is just to confuse you on which side it will be attacking from. Its weak point is in its mouth. You should be using the assault shotgun, Magnum, rocket launcher, or MRL. It will go underground a few times to attack you. Dodge this attack. When it comes back up, Carlos or Jill will look up into the sky. Shoot the rocks coming down, and repeat the process. It will jump into the air a few times. Shoot its mouth to send it flying to the side. You must dodge one of these attacks later. Once its health gets down to half, shoot all four MRL rockets into its mouth. If it is still alive, finish it off with the assault shotgun. Note: In one of its attacks, it will throw cars at you. One of them will be a bus, which takes away about half of your health. Shoot them to make them explode.
To kill the Hunters in one shot with any weapon, shoot them while they are jumping in the air or at you.
Wait until they open their mouths and shoot. Sometimes they can be killed with one shot.
Shoot at their heads with any weapon. Three or four criticals will kill them.
You can use anything against the Nemesis because he has no weak point. Make sure you have a Magnum (level 4), assault shotgun (level 4), and MRL (level 4). Use the Magnum first. After you shoot him enough times, he will jump onto the rooftop and run to a certain spot, where he will shoot his tentacles down the wall and pop up directly in front of you to attack. This cannot be dodged. He will then jump up and attempt to crush you. Dodge this, and repeat the process. When you run out of ammo for the Magnum and assault shotgun, use the MRL. Shoot all eight rockets at him. If he survives, finish him off with the handgun. Note: He can grab you and hold you in the air. This will damage you until you die or shoot him enough times to make him drop you.