XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is an expansion pack for the 2016 turn-based tactics video game XCOM 2, released for PlayStation 4, Windows, and Xbox One on August 29, 2017. Versions for Linux and macOS were released on August 31, 2017, and a Nintendo Switch port was released on May 29, 2020. The expansion was released to generally favorable reviews from critics and fans. The game currently sits at 88 on Metacritic.
The Premise Of XCOM2: War of the Chosen
XCOM 2 is a turn-based tactics game. The player must repel an alien invasion. The War of the Chosen expansions shakes up the campaign structure of the base game. Other additions include new enemies, story elements, new heroes, modifiers, and more behaviors for characters. The expansion also introduces new enemies called the Chosen. The Chosen are three elite alien-human hybrid warriors with their own special abilities and gameplay.
Main Characters of XCOM2: War of the Chosen
XCOM 2 doesn’t have main characters in a traditional sense since the player plays as an entire faction. They’re able to create custom characters to use in combat and these custom characters make up the characters of the story. The enemies are the unique aspects of the cast.
- The Assassin – The third and final Chosen created by the Elders, the Assassin was their final attempt at creating a warrior capable of fulfilling their vision in battle, while still remaining both loyal and focused.
- The Hunter – The second of the Chosen created by the Elders, the Hunter was designed to be an unequaled military tactician, one able to predict and defeat the increasing number of guerrilla attacks conducted against ADVENT by the Resistance.
- The Warlock – Of the three Chosen created by the Elders, the Warlock is said to be the oldest, the first of their attempts at harnessing the latent Psionic potential of humanity.
Other Titles in the Series
- UFO: Enemy Unknown (1994)
- X-COM: Terror from the Deep (1995)
- X-COM: Apocalypse (1997)
- X-COM: Interceptor (1998)
- X-COM: First Alien Invasion (1999)
- X-COM: Enforcer (2001)
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2012)
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (2013)
- XCOM: Enemy Within (2013)
- XCOM 2 (2016)
- XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (2017)
- XCOM: Chimera Squad (2020)
- XCOM: Legends (2021)
XCOM2: War of the Chosen Cheat Codes
Currently, there are no known cheat codes unique to The War of the Chosen expansion however there are cheats available for the base game that we covered in another article.
|Achievement||How to Unlock|
|A New Alliance||Complete the Lost and Abandoned mission.|
|A Rival Silenced||Permanently defeat one of the Chosen.|
|Zombies in a Barrel||Get 15 Headshots against Lost in a single turn.|
|Born in the Darkness||Get four kills from Shadow mode with a Reaper in a single mission.|
|Circle of Psi||Raise a Templar to maximum Focus level, spend it all, and reach the max again in a single mission.|
|Can’t Stop the Fighting||Perform three offensive actions against the same target with a Skirmisher in a single turn.|
|It takes Two||Form a level 3 bond between two soldiers.|
|Weary Warriors||Complete a mission with all Tired soldiers and no casualties.|
|Fully Operational Resistance||Raise XCOM’s influence with all three factions to High in a single game.|
|No One Left Behind||Rescue a soldier who was captured by the Chosen.|
XCOM2: War of the Chosen Cheat Code FAQs
How do you use console commands in XCOM2 War of the Chosen? To do this, go to XCOM 2′s properties, set launch options, and type “-allowconsole” (bonus: you can also use “-nostartupmovies” but that’s just to save time).
How do you activate mods in XCOM 2 War of the Chosen? There are two ways to install mods: you can either subscribe to mods via the Steam Workshop (this installs the mods automatically), or you can download mods from other sources and install them manually. Once you have installed a mod, you can enable it by using the Mod Manager.
Should I play XCOM 2 first before War of the Chosen? Yes. The reason is that XCOM 2 or War of the Chosen is more or less the same game, however, you will encounter some “super aliens/rulers” that will be quite hard to beat, and you will encounter them again and again.
How long to beat XCOM 2 War of the Chosen? When focusing on the main objectives, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is about 34½ Hours in length. If you’re a gamer who strives to see all aspects of the game, you are likely to spend around 74½ hours to obtain 100% completion.