Successfully complete the game with any rank on the Normal or Hard difficulty. Start a new game, and a Closet Key will appear in your inventory. Use it to unlock the closet in the room where the Hunting Gun was first found to access new costumes for Rebecca and Billy.Completion unlockables
Successfully complete the game with a "B", "C", or "D" rank to unlock Leech Hunter mode.
Successfully complete the game with a time between 3:31 and 5:00 for an "A" rank to unlock the Submachine Gun and Leech Hunter mode.
Successfully complete the game with a time of 3:30 or faster for an "S" rank to unlock the Rocket Launcher, Submachine Gun, and Leech Hunter mode.
Note: To get a rank after completing the game, it must be played on the Normal or Hard difficulty. You will not get ranked on the Easy difficulty, but can still unlock Leech Hunter mode.Leech Hunter mode unlockables
Successfully complete Leech Hunter mode with one of the following ranks to unlock the corresponding bonus:
- "A" rank: Infinite ammunition for any weapon
- "B" rank: Magnum
- "C" rank: Hunting Gun
- "D" rank: Handgun
- "E" rank: Submachine Gun
While playing as Rebecca or Billy and you get bit by a zombie, move the character opposite of your main character directly behind the one you are controlling to have him or her shoot the zombie in the head and kill it in one hit, while the zombie deals you no damage. Note: You must have pistol equipped to save ammunition for a one bullet kill.Extra inventory slot
While playing as Billy with Rebecca as the alternate character, have Billy hold all the pistol ammunition for both characters and keep her gun fully loaded. This gives you one free inventory slot.Custom handgun
When you are in the draining room in the facility basement, you will find the Duralumin case. You have to enter a code, which is "385". The case will open and you will find handgun parts. Combine these with Billy's handgun for a more efficient handgun.Easier game
When you start the game as Rebecca, get to the point where you meet Billy. He will say that they need to cooperate. When Billy joins you on your mission, it is best if you have him in control at all times since he has stronger defense and will not get damaged as quickly as Rebecca. Note: This is the same in all modes.Killing zombies
While using the shotgun, aim down at the zombie's legs and shoot it. He will fall. Then, take out the handgun and shoot him one more time.Better hunting gun use
If you have the hunting gun with unlimited ammunition from Leech Hunter mode, equip Rebecca with it. She shoots faster than Billy. Billy shoots once per second, while Rebecca can shoot about two or three times per second.Better shotgun use
Once you get the shotgun, do not use it. Instead, leave it in the room with the scale you put the two figures on. Find, but do not pick up, lots of shotgun ammunition. After you save her from the pit, give all the hand gun ammunition to Billy and collect the shotgun ammunition. If you get it all, she will have about 60 rounds, which is much better than using two hand guns.Safer and faster shotgun reload
To reload the shotgun quicker, go to the item screen. Combine the shotgun ammunition with the shotgun. You will be able to attack again without having Billy or Rebecca reload and waste precious time.Saving ammunition
Equip the handguns to both Rebecca and Billy. Control Billy. When you see a zombie, shoot him until he falls, but do not kill him. Then, equip the pocket knife and kill the zombie with it. This will save about two to five bullets each time.
There are two knife methods you can use to save ammunition for the Bosses. The first method is used fighting solo without the help of Billy or Rebecca; depending on whom you use. Make sure you keep about two steps away from the zombie and aim downward with your knife. Slice him once and he will make a failed attempt to lunge at you. Then, slice his feet again and he will fall down. Once down, do not knife him anymore. Instead, take about a step backward and wait for him to get up and repeat this process again. This method works if there are multiple zombies. Alternately, if there is only one zombie you move to behind the zombie's head when he is laying down. Then, knife his head and keep knifing him as he gets up. When done properly you will knife his feet twice and he will fall down again. This will allow a few extra shots in as you knife his head while he gets up. The second knife method is used fighting with a team. The person you control should be using a knife, and either Billy or Rebecca should be using a gun (and set on attack mode). Get in front of the one with the gun and knife the zombie's feet. As you knife the feet, your partner will shoot the head and the zombie will fall down. Then, go over and knife the zombie while he is on the ground. As he gets up, keep knifing him and your partner's help will assist you in finishing him off properly.Save ammunition on first Leech zombie on the train
After the sequence with the first Leech zombie, just go back downstairs and the intermission sequence will take place again.Train items
There are items in the train. If you do not need them, select them but do not take them. When the train crashes, items will be scattered around the wreck. Those are the items that you selected. The items not selected will disappear. This is very important if playing on the Hard difficulty.Avoid Leech Zombie explosion
When you fight the Leech Zombie, its legs will swell up at the end and explode, hurting and often killing you or your partner. There are three ways to avoid this. First, just run through a door as his legs are swelling but before he explodes. Make sure that nothing is attacking you or your partner when doing this. Return to the room and there will be no extra leeches. The second is to use a Molotov cocktail on him, which will light him on fire and melt into a puddle of slime and leeches. The third is to kill him while he is still in "human" form, which is best done with the magnum and has the end effect as the Molotov cocktail.Easy Leech Zombies kills in Hard mode
Throughout the game, you will find a lot of empty bottles. Do not ignore them. Pick them up and combine them with the gas can for the Molotov cocktails. Two of these will take out a Leech Zombie. Also, it will not explode as usual; you no longer need to run away. It will also kill a zombie with one hit or two zombies at once if you hit directly between both of them. Note: This weapon can harm you or your partner if thrown too closely.Dial door number puzzle
Enter "4863", where the cable car is located.Pause timed puzzles
Try to change to your partner during a timed puzzle. Remain idle at the error message to give yourself more time to study the puzzle.Chess puzzle solution
Look at the smaller chess board on the desk in front of the big one. Arrange the big pieces the same way. The difference is the only white piece by itself. Use Billy to push it down, to the right, and finally right in front of the black piece. The desk will now open.Brake system puzzle solution
In order to start the train brakes, you must find the Magnetic Keycard (lying on the train control panel in the front car) and you must choose a character to go through the train. Do not choose Rebecca to go through the train. There are too many zombies for her to handle, and she will die. It does not matter if you killed all the zombies in the train, as more will appear. Once you have reached the caboose, use a healing item if necessary. Activate the control panel by using the Magnetic Keycard on the panel. The game will randomly choose one of three numbers to display, and you must figure out what ten numbers add up to the displayed number. The three random numbers and their solutions are as follows:
- 36: 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 9
- 67: 9 + 9 + 9 + 9 + 9 + 9 + 9 + 9 + 9 + 4
- 81: 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 8 + 9
After doing this, take control of Rebecca and she will do the same thing (but you do not need the keycard). She also has a set of three random numbers to solve. However, unlike Billy, they will not display your current total. The second control panel's three random numbers and their solutions are as follows:
- 42: 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 6
- 53: 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 8
- 67: 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 4
The puzzle is now completed.Fountain circle puzzle solution
When you get to the fountain circle with the six animal statues, use Billy to light the statues in the following order: Deer, Wolf, Horse, Lion, Snake, Eagle.Piano room puzzel solution
When you get to the piano room, make sure you have both characters with you. Have Billy play piano. A door will open by the bar. Have Rebecca go in and take the battery. The door will close. Have Billy play piano again and the door will open.Completing Hard mode
Use the following tips to complete the game on the Hard difficulty:
- Use Billy all the time. He can take much more damage than Rebecca.
- Leave Rebecca in the main hall. She just uses up ammunition and first aids. However, bring her the plants to mix for you.
- Use the custom handgun or knife to kill the tyrant. It is easy to run circles around him and shoot him in the head, or use the knife. It may require about 30 shots with the custom handgun to kill one.
- Use the Magnum ammunition for the last Boss only.
- Do not use the Pump Action Shotgun. It is weak. The Hunting Gun does more damage. Get it on the train and keep it.
- Use Herbs only if you are hurt bad.
- Use Fire Grenades on the Leech People.
- Use your Molotov Cocktails on the final Boss' third form, Tyrant, or Leech People.
- Sometimes you can run pass the hunters and out the room without wasting ammunition, such as when you get the up key. The same goes for the Leech People. They are too slow if you use one person to run past them.
An easy way to complete Leech Hunter mode is to go through and kill all the enemies first, then return and collect the leeches. Note: Collect the leeches in the Basement area first to avoid the risk of revived zombies.Collecting Leeches in Leech Hunter mode
While playing Leech Hunter mode, kill everything in the Mansion, Train Tunnel, and Basement before picking up any of the leeches. Once you pick one up, you cannot put it down. Each player can find a maximum of 50 leeches (100 total leaches in the game). One item slot can hold 10 leeches only -- so be careful.
Once you get 95 leeches, zombies will start to come back to life. Collect the leeches in the mail hall, dining room, and second floor room where you use the MO disc last so you do not get killed.
In the far back of the kitchen are two leeches (a blue and green one). They are difficult to see at first.Extra Submachine Gun ammunition in Leech Hunter mode
As soon as Leech Hunter mode begins, grab the first leech you see and run out. This will give you an extra clip for the Submachine Gun.Finding the shotgun in Leech Hunter mode
When you are in the sewers, pick up the shotgun ammunition. Then, keep trying to pick up something and you will eventually find a shotgun.Determining weapon in Leech Hunter mode
There is a way to determine if you will get the Submachine Gun or Magnum. Look at the two herbs in front of the stairs in front of you at the start. If the colors are blue and green, you will get the Magnum. If the colors are green and green, you will get the Submachine Gun. The Submachine Gun can do what the magnum can and requires a lot less ammunition. Green and green is highly recommended.
When you eventually get onto the moving cable car, after Billy is taken over the railing by an ape, go across the ravine and up the steps. You will enter a big room with a metal floor. This is the same area in Resident Evil 2, where you call up the platform train to head down into the main factory (and where you fight a stronger version of the William Birkin mutations). If you go towards the bottom of the screen and go down the lift and into the back room, you will find a TV screen with a picture of a Tyrant. This is the same room where you see Mr. X walking towards the camera before smashing it. If you call up the platform and take it down, you will enter the factory sub-levels and walk into the room where Leon/Claire had to carry Ada/Sherry to the security room.Resident Evil Outbreak reference
The area where the turntable is located is from Resident Evil: Outbreak. The turntable, elevator, the door that has main shaft on the wall, and the Security Room are in Resident Evil 0. These items are on the Below Freezing Point level in Resident Evil: Outbreak. Also, the giant hanger where you defeat the G-Monster in Resident Evil: Outbreak is also located in Resident Evil 0.Easy "Find Time To Combine" trophy
There are three types of herbs, leading to six possible combinations that can be completed by Rebecca. Each of the mixes must be done in the same playthrough.
- Green + Green
- Green + Red
- Green + Blue
- Green + Green + Green
- Green + Green + Blue
- Green + Red + Blue
Combine an Empty Bottle with a Gas Tank to get the "This Is How You Recycle" trophy.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Wanna Go for a Ride? (Platinum): Earn all trophies.
- S is for S.T.A.R.S. (Silver): Finish the game with rank S.
- From Zero to Hero (Silver): Finish the game on Hard difficulty.
- Who's Got the Herb? (Silver): Finish the game without combining herbs.
- Save Your Prayers (Gold): Finish the game without saving.
- Allergic to First Aid Spray (Silver): Finish the game without using a First-Aid Spray.
- This is Serious Business (Silver): Finish the game without using a recovery item (including Green Chemicals).
- Zero In (Bronze): Defeat an enemy with a critical-hit headshot.
- Burned Alive (Bronze): Defeat an enemy by burning them.
- Dead, Dead, Deadski (Bronze): Defeat a zombie by stomping on them.
- This is How You Recycle (Bronze): Create a Molotov Cocktail.
- Fashion Plate (Bronze): Change into a costume.
- Here I Come to Save the Day (Bronze): Attack an enemy to save your partner who is grappling with that enemy.
- Guns are Too Quick (Bronze): Defeat an enemy with a knife.
- Misdirected Hostility (Bronze): Destroy a zombie's legs.
- Fileophile (Bronze): Read all files.
- Apprentice of Unlocking (Bronze): Obtain all keys and use them all.
- Find Time to Combine (Bronze): Combine every type of herb with each other.
- I Could Shoot, You Know (Silver): Obtain all weapons.
- I'm a Medic, Not a Bodybuilder (Bronze): Try to push something heavy with Rebecca.
Additionally, there are 28 secret trophies:
- Train Complete (Bronze): Complete the train.
- Training Facility Complete (Bronze): Complete the training facility.
- Laboratory Complete (Bronze): Complete the laboratory.
- Factory Complete (Bronze): Complete the factory.
- Treatment Plant Complete (Bronze): Complete the treatment plant.
- Taking the Sting Out (Bronze): Defeat Stinger.
- Centurion Disciplinarian (Bronze): Defeat Centurion.
- Die, Devil Bird! (Bronze): Defeat Infected Bat.
- Proto Tyrant Down (Bronze): Fight off the Proto Tyrant.
- Proto Tyrant Down Again (Bronze): Defeat the Proto Tyrant.
- Hey, Queenie! Feast on this! (Bronze): Defeat Queen Leech.
- That's Officer Chambers to You (Silver): Defeat all bosses except Centurion using Rebecca.
- Alley-oop! (Bronze): Shoot down a Hunter or an Eliminator while they are jump attacking in the air.
- Sit, Boy, Sit! Good Dog (Bronze): Break free of a Cerberus while they are biting you or trying to push you down.
- Custom to Bust 'Em (Bronze): Create a Custom Handgun.
- Green is the Color (Bronze): Use a Green Chemical.
- How 'Bout a Light, Bud? (Bronze): Defeat Mimicry Marcus with a Molotov Cocktail or a Napalm Grenade.
- I Have the Touch (Silver): Defeat Mimicry Marcus for the first time only using a knife.
- Winged Spawn of Satan (Silver): Defeat 16 bats in the church.
- Welcome to Team Wesker (Silver): Put on Team Wesker costume.
- Calm the Zombie Nerves (Bronze): Play the piano using Rebecca.
- On Leather Wings (Bronze): Get picked up by the Infected Bat.
- Trying Out New Things (Bronze): Play Leech Hunter.
- A Weird Interest in Leeches (Silver): Finish Leech Hunter with rank A.
- Leech-Shaped Hole in my Heart (Bronze): Finish Leech Hunter with rank E or above.
- Who Needs Partners? (Silver): Collect all of only one color of Leech Charms.
- Distracted from the Hunt (Silver): Defeat all enemies in Leech Hunter.
- 20/20 Vision (Silver): Kill 50 enemies with the Death Stare at full charge.