The Excalibur (a Greatsword) is one of the best weapons in the game. It is found in Myrddin's Cave in Hamtunscire. To unlock Excalibur, you must first find 11 Tablets (8 from Treasures of Britain, 3 from Zealots).
Step 1: Complete all 8 Treasures of Britain. They count as Mysteries and have blue dots on the world map. They are cave platforming sections that lead to the Tablets at the end.
Step 2: Get the Tablets from 3 specific Zealots: Woden, Heike, and Hrothgar. The Zealots ride around certain areas. Since they move around, they do not have fixed locations, but they always stick to a particular path in a specific territory. They only ride on roads, never in the wilderness. Just ride along all roads near their shown locations or stand still and wait for them to ride by. It is just a bit random and requires some patience. A helmet icon will appear on the radar when they are within 300 meters.
Step 3: Go to Myrddin's Cave in Hamtunscire. At the end of this cave (after some platforming sections), there is a stone circle where you place the 11 Tablets. This makes the Excalibur Sword appear between the stone circle. You can then draw Excalibur from the stone and get the "Caladfwlch" trophy.
- 1. 0:00 - Treasure of Britain: East Anglia
- 2. 2:20 - Treasure of Britain: Essexe
- 3. 5:17 - Treasure of Britain: Cent
- 4. 11:22 - Treasure of Britain: Suthsexe
- 5. 14:45 - Treasure of Britain: Hamtunscire
- 6. 16:56 - Treasure of Britain: Hamtunscire
- 7. 19:18 - Treasure of Britain: Eurviscire
- 8. 22:33 - Treasure of Britain: Snotinghamscire
- 9. 24:45 - Zealot: Woden
- 10. 25:33 - Zealot: Heike
- 11. 26:23 - Zealot: Hrothgar
- 12. 27:16 - Getting Excalibur
To get Thor's Hammer, you must first get his full armor set (five pieces) and complete the main story. Complete the following steps to get Thor's full armor set and Mjolnir.
Step 1: Defeat the three Sisters Of Lerion (3/5 Thor's armor pieces).
Step 2: Collect Thor's Helmet (East Anglia Cave - 4/5 Thor's armor pieces). Use the three daggers the Sisters Of Lerion dropped on the underground statue at the following location (East Anglia region) to open a staircase to a Wealth Chest containing Thor's helmet. You will also get the "Godly Reward" trophy.
Step 3: Get Thor's Cape (reward from Hytham for defeating all Order Of The Ancients members - 5/5 Thor's armor pieces).
Step 4: Collect Thor's Hammer in the north of Norway (can only be reached after completing the story; must wear full Thor armor set to obtain Thor's Hammer).
First, reach England in the story. Then, travel to the city of Norwich, east of the starting area, in the East Anglia region. There is a hidden side quest in Norwich that will unlock the cat for your ship. It does not appear on your map or compass. On one of the roads in the town, you will find a white cat standing near a red norse gate, down the steps from the Dane's house. Talk to the white cat. After the cat runs away, talk to the child, and follow him —- the cat will run away when the kid gets close. You need to interact with the cat to grab it before it escapes. If it does escape, follow the child to the next location to try again. Capture the cat to complete the "Freyja's Friend" side quest. The cat will now appear on your longship.Recommended skills
The following five skills are recommended to unlock as quickly as possible in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. Note: You can respec you skills at any time.
Auto-Loot: You do not have to keep press a button to collect loot from bodies. You will automatically collect everything when you walk over bodies.
Breakfall: This automatically causes your character to roll when jumping from a high place, making fall damage negligible.
Counter Roll: This is the only way to counter Rune Attacks. Counter Roll allows you to vault over an enemy preparing a Rune Attack and strike them from behind.
Dual Heavy Weapons: This allows you to easily wield two heavy weapons at the same time. Your heavy attacks are much quicker, and your special attacks can unleash tornados of destruction, easily wiping out entire groups of enemies.
Missile Reverse: This allows you to catch and throw back arrows, making it possible to deal with archers quickly in combat.
Search the indicated locations to find all Order Of The Ancients and Zealots in the following order: Zealots from top left to bottom left -- top right to bottom right. Then the inner members from left -- top left -- top right -- right -- bottom. It is recommended to first play through the story since 13 Order Of The Ancient Members are story-related. Completing the story is also required to make The Father (leader) accessible. Additionally, try to get the clues for each Order Member, which is also shown in this video guide. Once you have the clues, you can track them from the "Order" menu, and it will mark their exact location. They are then very easy to find. Without the clues, they are nearly impossible to differentiate from other people, and they also tend to walk around a little. None of the Ancients or Zealots are missable. Your story choices will not void any of them and you can still find them after the story in free roam. Complete the story first, and then follow the video order (do the 15 Zealots first). The Zealots unlock the first clue for the inner members. Zealots ride around on horses, but they follow scripted paths on the roads. They only ride on roads, never in the wild. Just go to their shown location, open the map to check for the white zealot icon (appears when they are within 300 meters). If no icon shows them nearby, wait in the middle of the road until they come by. They will automatically start combat when they see you. It may take a while (like 20 minutes) until some of them come by. You can also try riding around the area within a 1,000 meter radius of the shown spawn point, as they stick close to a specific area.
Zealots (Left Branch)
- 1. Woden - 0:00
- 2. Heike - 1:02
- 3. Bercthun - 1:42
- 4. Hrothgar - 2:16
- 5. Cudberct - 2:56
- 6. Horsa - 3:37
- 7. Osgar - 4:11
- 8. Kendall - 4:52
Zealots (Right Branch)
- 9. Beorhtsige - 5:34
- 10. Wealdmaer - 6:23
- 11. Cola - 7:00
- 12. Callin - 7:34
- 13. Eorforwine - 8:09
- 14. Redwalda - 8:49
- 15. Wuffa - 9:33
Left Branch (Warden Of Faith)
- 16. Yohanes Loukas (The Oil) - 10:09
- 17. Heika of Friesland (The Sickle) - 11:55
- 18. Beneseck of Bath (The Bell) - 13:24
- 19. Hilda (The Quill) - 14:52
- 20. Selwyn (The Gallows) - 15:51
- 21. Ealhferth (The Seax) - 16:35
Top Left Branch (Warden Of Wealth)
- 22. Havelok (The Billhook) - 17:10
- 23. Patrick (The Anvil) - 18:17
- 24. Mucel (The Lathe) - 19:42
- 25. Gifle (The Ash-Spear) - 22:16
- 26. Wigmund (The Tang) - 23:54
- 27. Bishop Herefrith (The Crozier) - 24:36
Top Right Branch (Warden Of Law)
- 28. Eanbhert (The Vellum) - 25:10
- 29. Tata (The Dart) - 26:00
- 30. Gunilla (The Adze) - 27:17
- 31. Abbess Ingeborg (The Firebrand) - 29:01
- 32. Grigorii (The Needle) - 29:33
- 33. Audun (The Vault) - 30:22
Right Branch (Warden Of War)
- 34. Kjotve the Cruel - 31:11
- 35. Leofgifu (The Scabbard) - 31:27
- 36. Hunta, son of Hunta (The Baldric) - 32:18
- 37. Sister Frideswid (The Leech) - 33:17
- 38. Avgos Spearhand (The Arrow) - 34:10
- 39. Vicelin (The Compass) - 34:48
- 40. Sister Blaeswith (The Rake) - 35:37
- 41. Tatfrid (The Lyre) - 36:26
- 42. Fulke (The Instrument) - 37:12
- 43. Reeve Derby (The Vice) - 37:43
- 44. Gorm Kjotvesson (The Keel) - 38:16
- 45. The Father - 41:55
Search the indicated locations to find all eight Treasures Of Britain, which are a sub-type of mystery collectible. They are cave sections that require some platforming and environmental puzzles.
- 1. 0:00 - Treasure Of Britain: East Anglia
- 2. 2:20 - Treasure Of Britain: Essexe
- 3. 5:17 - Treasure Of Britain: Cent
- 4. 11:22 - Treasure Of Britain: Suthsexe
- 5. 14:45 - Treasure Of Britain: Hamtunscire
- 6. 16:56 - Treasure Of Britain: Hamtunscire
- 7. 19:18 - Treasure Of Britain: Eurviscire
- 8. 22:33 - Treasure Of Britain: Snotinghamscire
The easiest method is to do this on the straw puppets (practice targets) at the Hidden Ones Bureau, at your settlement in England. To perform an assassination from a horse, you must tap [Crouch] while on the horse (this will make you stand on the horse). Then, press the button prompt that appears to perform the assassination. If you do not see the button prompt appear, try damaging the straw puppets a bit by kicking them from your horse. When they are low on "health," the button prompt should appear. Since these practice targets do not move around, it is easier than doing it on real enemies.Easy "Flying Eivor" trophy
An easy area to do this is in the starting region of England (Ledecestrescire), in a place called Venonis (northwest of your settlement). There is a Roman artifact collectible (white dot/mask icon on the map). Where this artifact is located, there is a "Goliath" enemy on top of a large pillar. You can see him by using Odin's Sight. Use the ladder to climb up the pillar, shoot the red lock on the second ladder (use Odin's Sight again to highlight it), and reach the top. Then, allow the Goliath to perform his red rune attack where he grabs and throws you. Sometimes he will try to rush towards you and accidentally fall down to his death. It is recommended to create a manual save before trying this so you can just reload and retry immediately if it does not work correctly.
The "Settlement Cosmetic Spots" are the totems around your settlement in England, called Ravensthorpe. Interact with them and place any one of the customization items (like a well or berserker totem). You can use the same customization item on all 16 cosmetic spots, as they do not have to be different ones. If the totems are not all available yet, you must build some more buildings and level up your settlement.
Hadrian's Wall is at the northern edge of England. There are 10 Braziers alongside the wall. Throw a torch (from the weapon wheel) at them to light them. The video shows where to find all 10 braziers.
An easy place for this is in the "Essexe" region (southeast part of England), in the town "Colcestre". Travel to the viewpoint in Colcestre. From the viewpoint, look west, towards the center of town. There is a pond in the center of town with some guards and monks walking in circles around it. Simply go to the monks and press Triangle to blend in. Then, walk alongside them and wait to pass by some guards. You will get the trophy when you pass by a guard so closely that the assassination prompt appears. It will only take a few seconds in this location to get it. Note: This only works in "Distrust Areas" (areas that have an orange indicator at the top of the HUD). This town is a Distrust area.Easy "Overdesign II" trophy
A "hard difficulty" soldier is one that is several levels above you and has a red skull left of their health bar. This does not refer to the in-game difficulty. You can do this on the Easy difficulty, which is recommended because those enemies are otherwise tough. Go to the southernmost viewpoint in Hamtunscire (Level 340 region), in the town Werham. There are many "Standard Bearer" enemy types in this area. They are large enemies with spears and yellow names. Make sure the red skull appears next to their health bars. You should be under Level 300. If you are already above level 300, simply reset your level in the skills menu. Also, set the game on the Easy difficulty for Combat so they do not kill you as quickly. Before you do anything, create a manual save so you can quickly retry if things go wrong. Two of the Standard Bearers are at the northern gate entrance of the Werham town. More are walking around at the town square. Whittle down their health so they will die within one hit of your bow (Light Bow is recommended since it has more arrows and shoots quicker). Next, set yourself on fire. Either throw a torch at the straw around town, or at one of the straw roofs; or wait for the Standard Bearers to throw fire bombs at you. Wait until the red "fire icon" in the bottom left corner of your screen has completely filled up. Then, either shoot a Bearer with arrows while you stand in fire, or quickly run up to them and melee-kill them from behind before your fire runs out. However, arrows are the easiest option. Repeat this until you have killed three Bearers while on fire. You do not need to kill three in one go while on fire. It is fine to kill one at a time, allow the fire go out, set yourself on fire again, and kill the next one. You just cannot exit combat. If you exit combat, it will reset the count and you must kill three Bearers again. Note: There are also other shielded enemies in this area that wield Morningstars -- killing other Morningstar enemies also counts.Easy "Row Rage" trophy
An easy location to do this is in Lincolnshire (England), in the river south of Botolphston. It usually spawns 5+ boats close together. All you need to do is call your longship (from the item wheel, select the longship while near water), then open the sails and ram into five small fisher boats to get the "Row Rage" trophy.Easy "Silent Viking" trophy
For the "Silent Viking" trophy, only melee takedowns count (bow stealth takedowns do not count). You need to defeat ten enemies in a row without breaking stealth/without being seen. A good place to do this is the town of Ledecestre, two viewpoints north of your settlement, in the Ledecestrescire region. Create a manual save before starting. Then, take out enemies one by one. You can take as much time as needed -- just do not break stealth. Other good locations are any large towns (look for enemies who stand alone by themselves) and some Raid locations (they always contain many enemies, but are a bit more difficult than towns). The "Chain Assassination" skill (yellow skill tree) is extremely useful with this. It will throw an axe at a second nearby enemy to stealth kill them. It is acceptable to use this skill, as it counts towards the ten stealth takedowns -- just make sure you are not seen while using it. This is perfect for when two enemies are walking in a line, as you can take out the one behind and throw an axe at the one in front. It only works when the second enemy is a few meters away, not when they stand side by side.Easy "Skadi's Hobby" trophy
This can only be done at a specific downhill section in Norway, in the Rygjafylke region. Go to the following location, and slide down without stopping to get the "Skadi's Hobby" trophy.Easy "Twinkle Twinkle" trophy
Fireflies spawn at night in the building at the following location (slightly west of East Anglia). You can open the item wheel and choose "Meditate" at the bottom to change between day and night. It has to be nighttime. Enter the building, run after the firefly (looks like a glowing flying dot), and collect it by pressing [Interact] (Triangle). It will say +1 Firefly on the right side of the screen. Then, go back to your settlement (Ravensthorpe). Go to the pond with the waterfall, to the right of the Seer's hut. Walk at the edge of the pond and a screen prompt will appear saying "Release Firefly". You will get the "Twinkle Twinkle" trophy. This only works if you actually caught a firefly and have it in your inventory.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Viking Legend (Platinum): Win every trophy.
- Completionist All the Way! (Silver): Complete all territories.
- Full Mastery (Silver): Spend your first Mastery point.
- Home Sweet Home (Silver): Reach settlement level 6.
- Master Hunter (Silver): Defeat all Alpha animals.
- Overdesign II (Silver): While on fire during a fight, kill 3 hard difficulty soldiers without breaking their shields.
- Slam Master (Silver): Complete all the flytings.
- Ultimate Refinement (Silver): Fully upgrade and enhance a piece of gear.
- We're in the End Game Now (Silver): Reach Power 280.
- Archaeologist (Bronze): Complete all Roman collector challenges.
- Builder (Bronze): Reach settlement level 3.
- Dreamcatcher (Bronze): Destroy 10 Curse Symbols.
- Equilibrium (Bronze): Complete 3 Cairn challenges.
- Equine Attack (Bronze): Assassinate an enemy from your horse.
- Everyday Life (Bronze): Complete 10 World Events.
- Face My Might! (Bronze): Equip 8 abilities.
- Flying Eivor (Bronze): Get thrown 30 meters away by a destroyer or a housecarl.
- Good Catch! (Bronze): Catch a fish of each type using the fishing line.
- Home Decor (Bronze): Place an item on each settlement cosmetic spot.
- Is There Anybody Out There? (Bronze): Light the unlit braziers on Hadrian's Wall.
- It's Alive! (Bronze): Create a Jomsviking.
- Not the Norse You're Looking For (Bronze): Successfully pass close to a guard in a distrust area by blending with a group of monks.
- Old School Treasure Hunt (Bronze): Collect 5 Treasure Hoard rewards.
- Orlog Champion (Bronze): Beat all the Orlog players.
- Rampage (Bronze): Complete your first raid in England.
- Row Rage (Bronze): Ram and destroy 5 boats in under 2 minutes with your longship.
- Silent Viking (Bronze): Assassinate 10 enemies in a row without triggering a conflict.
- Skadi's Hobby (Bronze): Perform a 150m slide in the snow.
- Tranquility (Bronze): Complete a Standing Stone puzzle.
- Twinkle Twinkle (Bronze): Release a firefly in your settlement.
- Witch Hunter (Bronze): Defeat one Daughter of Lerion.
Additionally, there are 20 secret trophies:
- The Saga Begins (Bronze): Complete the Prologue.
- To England! (Bronze): Leave Norway.
- Hard Choices (Bronze): Complete the Grantebridgescire Arc.
- The Order Is Revealed (Bronze): Complete the Lunden Arc.
- The Good Saxon (Bronze): Complete the East Anglia Arc.
- Take My Hand (Bronze): Complete the Cent Arc.
- Calling in a Favor (Silver): Complete the Suthsexe Arc.
- The Enemy of My Enemy (Silver): Complete the Wincestre Arc.
- In the Footsteps of the Gods (Silver): Complete the Asgard and Jotunheim quests.
- As It Was Foretold (Silver): Complete "The Prophecy" storyline.
- England Subdued (Silver): Complete Hamtunscire Arc.
- Disorder of the Ancients (Gold): Eliminate all targets of the Order of Ancients.
- A Picture of Grace (Silver): Run through 30 breakable objects.
- Pioneer (Silver): Reach Vinland.
- Caladfwlch (Silver): Draw Excalibur from the Stone.
- It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature! (Bronze): Complete your first Animus Anomaly.
- Seahorse (Bronze): Swim a total of 3km with the horse.
- The Hidden Truth (Silver): Obtain all video fragments and watch the hidden truth video.
- Godly Reward (Silver): Obtain Thor's Helmet.
- Worthy (Silver): Wield Mjolnir.