Start a new game on the Insane difficulty. Proceed through the beginning of the Prologue and destroy the Comms Tower and then grenade the bunker in order to make it to the large gate. It is recommended to grab a new set of grenades at this point to make killing the three enemies you will encounter next a little easier. After opening the door, go to the main gate and interact with the panel on the side to start a short cutscene. Continue to the next section, which is where you can get the hidden weapon. When you come out of the gate, kill the three enemies you encounter. Then, sprint forward towards the stairs, and turn right before the stairs to see a gate starting to close. You need to dive through the gate before it closes. If you fail to make it through, simply reload the last checkpoint and try again. The gate closing seems to be triggered by the final enemy dying. Once you make it inside the room before the gate closes, you will find the "Despicable You" weapon on a container on the left. This weapon is an ice gun with 12 bullets that shoots an ice ball that freezes and kills any enemies within its radius. Unfortunately, this weapon can only be found in this location and the ammo for it can not be replenished. This weapon is a reference to the Ice Gun in the Despicable Me movie.
Play Act 2 – Chapter 2: Geared Up on any difficulty. Progress through the chapter until you takeout the helicopter and proceed forward to the greenhouse. After killing all the enemies that appear when you enter the greenhouse, destroy the approximate 10-15 tomato plants found inside the greenhouse, including one kind of hidden on top of a shelf. Once you have destroyed them all, Marcus will begin ranting (with lots of cursing) for around a minute about all his tomato plants being destroyed. A new tomato plant will then appear on a table at the exit to the greenhouse. Interact with it to get six tomato grenades called Dom's Tom that can be used like normal grenades, except they explode with lots of red tomato sauce.
In Act 1 – Chapter 0: Prologue, reach the section where you must defend the House Of Sovereigns on E-Day. Kill the Corpser with the Hammer Of Dawn to view a cutscene. Defeat the wave of Locust soldiers and Boomers that spawn afterwards. A Locust Reaver will land after this wave. Once the Reaver lands, kill the pilot of the Reaver, then quickly run underneath the Reaver and press X to climb on and control it. Note: If you want too long, the Reaver will automatically die. While riding the Reaver, you can fire rockets and kill the other Reaver in the area. You can also mount and dismount as often as desired.Giant Leviathan Easter Egg
In the Harbor multiplayer map, shoot the six little Leviathan statues around the map in a specific order, then activate the switch at the Longshot spawn to get a giant Leviathan to jump out of the water.
During the Act V sequence where you command a giant DB mech and are fighting through the Swarm enemies toward the dam, you will get a tooltip to press B to perform a melee kick. Kick the car on the left ledge through the "V" shaped trees and fireworks will spark from the trees and you will hear a hear a short Cole Train audio cue.All collectibles and COG Tags
Search the indicated locations to find all 50 collectibles and COG Tags.
Act I - Chapter 0
- [0:03] - UIR Security Report
- [0:27] - COG Tag – T. Thurbon / SPC / Montevado – 15184518
- [0:46] - UIR Anti-COG Pamphlet
- [1:01] - Jacinto Herald
- [1:22] - COG Tag – G. Wagner / PVT / Jacinto – 49129751
- [1:33] - COG Tag – J. Beckman / CPT / Autrin – 43516211
- [1:49] - Bernie’s Last Will and Testament
- [2:06] - Rubble Reclamation Manifest
- [2:28] - Shepherd Protection Pamphlet
- [2:49] - COG Birthing Pamphlet
- [3:14] - Settlement 5 Resident Assignment List
- [3:35] - Windflare Lockdown Procedure
- [3:56] - DBI Schematics
- [4:16] - Shepherd Safety Pamphlet
- [4:38] - Village Windflare Lockdown Procedure
- [4:57] - Village Mare Breeding Record
- [5:28] - Book Inscribed to Kait
- [5:58] - Anya’s Favourite Flower
- [6:21] - JD’s Sixth Birthday Present From His Uncle Cole
- [6:34] - Cog Military Academy Acceptance Letter
- [6:52] - Photo of JD & Anya
- [7:06] - House Plans
- [7:23] - Old Bottle of Wine
- [7:37] - JD’s Old Toy Figure
- [8:01] - The New Ephyran
- [8:34] - Cog ID Bracelet – S4-A1774
- [9:00] - Ancient Book
- [9:20] - Medical Supplies Status Form
- [9:39] - COG Tag – D. Nunez / 1LT / Vonner Bay - 89202512
- [9:58] - Tourist Map of Fort Reval
- [10:13] - King Figurine Souvenir
- [10:40] - Evacuation Procedures
- [11:00] - Fort Reval Military Museum Pamphlet
- [11:21] - COG Tag – W. Owen / SGT / Ephyra – 12151881
- [11:46] - COG Tag – A Josefson / SPC / Andius - 51415181
- [12:04] - Silver Age Dagger
- [12:26] - Ephyran Tribune
- [12:49] - Locust Shell Crystal
- [13:04] - Mine Scavenger List
Act IV - Chapter 1
- [13:24] - Locust Shell Disposal Form
- Act IV - Chapter 2
- [13:38] - COG Tag – K. Rush / PVT / Bronn – 21525112
- Act IV - Chapter 3
- [14:14] - COG Orders
- Act IV - Chapter 4
- [14:34] - COG Tag – P. Wood / CPL / Halvo Bay - 20256192
- [14:57] - Rations Schedule for Abandoned Gears
- Act IV - Chapter 5
- [15:16] - COG Tag – E. Yates / CPL / Landown - 08821139
- [15:29] - Letter
- Act V - Chapter 1
- [15:59] - COG Tag – H. Pham / SGT / Kinnerlake - 1292025
- [16:20] - Work Stoppage Order
- Act V - Chapter 2
- [16:42] - Speyer Scavenger List
- Act V - Chapter 3 0 Collectibles
- [17:07] – Reyna’s Necklace
The "Now That's A Knife!" achievement is a reference to the 1980s movie Crocodile Dundee.
"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors" achievement is a reference to the TV show Game Of Thrones.
The "I Live. I Die. I Live Again." and "Oh What A Day! What A Lovely Day!" achievements are references to the movie Mad Max: Fury Road. Both of the phrases are spoken by the Warboy.
The "I Have A Very Particular Set Of Skills" and "Skills That Make Me A Nightmare" are references to Liam Neeson's phone-speech from the movie Taken.
The "Job's Done" achievement is a reference to the Warcraft franchise.Easy "Gone With The Windflare" achievement
You can get this achievement through natural progression of the campaign, but it can easily be obtained during Act 2 - Chapter 3: Plan B. When you reach a section where they ask you to choose between two paths (left or right), choose the left path. After spawning, there will be enemies in front of you with some bales of hay being held by a wooden gate. Shoot this wood to release the hay and kill the enemies. Then, look across the river/creek and do the same on the other side to kill a total of 4-5 enemies. Reload the last checkpoint and repeat this process until you get the "Gone With The Windflare" achievement. You can take turns if you are playing in co-op.Easy "Stop Hitting Yourself" achievement
During the last wave of the "Horde" in Act I - Chapter 4: A Few Snags, a single Guardian will spawn marked with a short cutscene. Kill him, and he will drop his weapon where he crashes. Quickly go to his frame, and pull out the Salvo. Shortly afterwards, two more guardians will appear. Use the Salvo heavy weapon to kill one of the Guardians to get the "Stop Hitting Yourself" achievement. If you have any issues, try playing on a lower difficulty. It is also possible to get this achievement in Horde 3.0 mode since Guardians spawn during some waves. You can also pick up the Salvos from the bonus challenge weapon crates to make it easier.Easy "Whoomp, There It Is!" achievement
This can be done during any part of the campaign. It can easily be completed in co-op or versus with another player. It can be done solo, but it is a lot harder to steal a kill from one of the AI. To do this, take cover across from an enemy on a shallow object. Press Forward, then X to pull them over the cover. Once they are pulled over, stay close to them and press Y to execute them. While playing in co-op, have one player pull an enemy over cover, then have the other player execute them to get the "Whoomp, There It Is!" achievement. Have the player that did not get the achievement do the execution next so both players get the achievement. An easy place to do this is during the "Yank & Shank" tutorial in Act I - Chapter 1.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Zen and the Art of Reloading (5 points): Perform 25 perfect active reloads.
- Level 10 (10 points): Reached level 10.
- Level 50 (25 points): Reached level 50.
- Seriously 4.0 (200 points): Completed Insane Campaign, ribbons, rank placements, Horde maps, re-ups, classes and five skills.
- Gone With The Windflare (5 points): Killed 15 enemies using the environment during a windflare.
- Drop the Beat...down. (5 points): Got 3 Dropshot headshots.
- The Sound Of Silence (25 points): Carried the Customized Lancer Marcus gave you to the end of Act V Chapter 2.
- But You Can't Pick Your Family (5 points): Found 5 weapons in snot bubbles.
- Ready for More (10 points): Completed all Campaign Acts.
- Learned the Hard Way (20 points): Completed all Campaign Acts on Hardcore or Insane difficulty.
- The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors (30 points): Completed all Campaign Acts on Insane difficulty.
- Collector (5 points): Recovered 5 Campaign collectibles.
- Pack Rat (10 points): Recovered 10 Campaign collectibles.
- Completist (15 points): Recovered all Campaign collectibles.
- Remember the Fallen (15 points): Recovered all COG Tags in Campaign.
- Brothers Till The End (20 points): Completed all Campaign Acts in Co-op (any difficulty).
- I Have a Very Particular Set of Skills (5 points): Upgraded a Skill Card to maximum level.
- At First I Was Afraid, I Was Petrified (10 points): Survived the first 10 consecutive waves of Horde in a squad.
- Stay Classy (10 points): Reached level 10 in every launch Horde class.
- Gold Digger (10 points): Spent 100,000 power in the Fabricator (across all sessions).
- Rollin' With the Homies (5 points): Earned the maximum Consecutive Match Bonus in Versus.
- Triple Play (5 points): Killed 3 enemies with a single Buzzkill shot.
- I Live. I Die. I Live Again! (5 points): Rescued someone from inside a Snatcher.
- Stop Hitting Yourself (5 points): Killed a Guardian with a Guardian weapon.
- Come And Knock on My Door (5 points): Completed one Act in Co-op Campaign.
- Classy Move (5 points): Reached level 10 in one Horde class.
- Chest Candy (10 points): Earned one of each launch Ribbon.
- Custom Made (5 points): Won a Match using a non-Starter Character and non-default Weapon Skin.
- Ranked and Filed (5 points): Achieved a rank in all launch Core and Competitive game modes.
- Whoomp, There It Is! (5 points): They Yanked, you Shanked.
- Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. (5 points): Upgraded Fabricator to maximum level.
- Master Craftsman (10 points): Crafted a Legendary card.
- Craftsman (5 points): Crafted a card.
- Pounsus Interruptus (5 points): Killed a Pouncer mid-pounce with Shotgun or Chainsaw.
- Call a Dr. If Lasting More than 4 Teammates (5 points): Resurrected 4 teammates using the Fabricator.
- Thank You, Sir. May I Have Another? (10 points): Re-upped once.
- Please Sir, Can I Have Some More? (100 points): Re-upped ten times.
- Sugar Daddy (10 points): Deposited 1,000,000 power in the Fabricator lifetime.
- It's a Start (5 points): Earned 1000 Credits lifetime.
- Moving on up! (10 points): Earned 10000 Credits lifetime..
- I'm Drumpf (20 points): Earned 100000 Credits lifetime.
- Skills That Make Me a Nightmare (10 points): Upgraded 5 Skill cards to maximum level.
- I've Killed Things, Seen Places (50 points): Completed 50 consecutive waves of Horde in a squad on every Launch Series map.
- Bilford Bogin! (25 points): Completed 50 consecutive waves of Horde in a squad.
- Big Ol Hero (5 points): Got the "Big Ol Hero" Ribbon ten times.
- Say Hello to My Little Friend (5 points): Got the final winning kill in Arms Race.
- Now That's a Knife! (5 points): Killed 10 enemies with combat knife after yanking or kicking.
- Look out! Uh... Never Mind (5 points): Killed 25 enemies by dropping pods on them.
- Killdozer (5 points): Ran over 15 enemies with the Loader.
- Bounty Hunter (10 points): Completed 20 Bounties.
- How's it Going to Work? Teamwork! (5 points): Won a Casual Co-op Versus match.
- Talent Gets Kills, Teamwork Wins Games! (5 points): Won a Hardcore Co-op Versus match.
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work! (5 points): Won a Normal Co-op Versus match.
- To Go Fast, Go Alone. To Go Far, Go Together (5 points): Won an Insane Co-op Versus match.
- Give a Name. Any Name. (20 points): Completed 50 consecutive waves of Horde as Sniper on Insane in a squad (any map).
- I Have Approximate Knowledge of Many Things (20 points): Completed 50 consecutive waves of Horde as Scout on Insane in a squad (any map).
- Oh What a Day! What a Lovely Day! (20 points): Completed 50 consecutive waves of Horde as Soldier on Insane in a squad (any map).
- Job's Done (20 points): Completed 50 consecutive waves of Horde as Engineer on Insane in a squad (any map).
- I Choose Violence (20 points): Completed 50 consecutive waves of Horde as Heavy on Insane in a squad (any map).
Additionally, there are 16 secret achievements:
- And We're Back (5 points): Completed the Prologue and watched opening credits.
- And You Said We Couldn't Fly (5 points): Rode the ore transporter counterweight cable.
- As If Snatchers Weren't Bad Enough (5 points): Survived the Pouncer ambush outside of the tram station.
- Betty's My Kind of Girl (5 points): Fought your way to the Dam using Jack Jr. and Second Betty.
- Broadcast This! (5 points): Defeated the Speaker and his Swarmak mount.
- Jinn's Overreaction (5 points): Defeated the Vulture while riding on a Track Mule.
- Long Enough We'll Need This (5 points): Defended the Speyer Radio Tower while waiting for backup.
- Looks Like an Elevator to Hell (5 points): Rode the ore transporter to the bottom of the mine.
- Not Going to Stop Us, Right? (5 points): Defeated the Hive Boss.
- One Hell of an Exhibit (5 points): Survived the onslaught of Swarm while holding up in the museum.
- Raiding is what Outsiders Do (5 points): Liberated a Fabricator from Settlement 5.
- Still Not Ironic (5 points): Restored power to the Dam by resetting the generators.
- Warriors, Kings....Wizards. (5 points): Survived the King's chamber and discovered a way out of the catacombs.
- Welcome Home (5 points): Escaped from your childhood home.
- When it Leads to War (5 points): Defended your Outsider Village from the COG.
- You Smell Bad (5 points): Rescued Marcus from the Snatcher pod.