Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding mode:
- Jukebox: Successfully complete Meta Knightmare Returns.
- Meta Knightmare Returns: Successfully complete Story mode.
- The Arena: Successfully complete Story mode.
- The True Arena: Successfully complete Meta Knightmare Returns and The Arena.
Successfully complete Story mode by defeating the Final Boss of Access Ark and watching the ending credits. Select Story mode again and a message will appear, stating that the "Ability Testing Area" has been unlocked. While in the Access Ark Hub, go to the right of Access Ark 6-2 to enter the "Copy Ability Testing Room". The "Ability Testing Area" is an area that has two sections that contain all the Copy Abilities. A Metal Waddle Dee and some tiny Star Blocks that Kirby can use to practice his Copy Abilities are in the main area. The second area contains a Robobot Armor, its Mode Abilities, some enemies, and hidden items. You can go there to get a specific Copy Ability, then leave using the Warp Star and have it still available during any level. Note: You cannot take the Robobot Armor out of this area.Alternate title screen
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding change at the title screen:
- Halberd: Successfully complete Story mode.
- Meta Knight: Successfully complete Meta Knightmare Returns.
- Robobot - Halberd: Get a 100% completion.
Interact with the indicated Amiibos to get the corresponding copy ability for Kirby. All other Amiibos will give her a random ability. Note: The Super Smash Bros. version Amiibos of Kirby characters are different from Kirby series Amiibos. For example, Super Smash Bros. Meta Knight and King Dedede give a random color change with their power, while Kirby series versions of Meta Knight and King Dedede have a color scheme that match the character. Super Smash Bros. Kirby gives her the Smash ability, while Kirby series Kirby gives her UFO. Additionally, Kirby series Amiibo will give you a Maxim Tomato and random sticker each time they are used.
- Archer: Duck Hunt, Pit, Dark Pit
- Beam: R.O.B. (NES or Famicom)
- Bomb: Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, Samus
- Circus: Mr. Game and Watch
- Cutter: Toon Link
- Doctor: Dr. Mario, Wii Fit Trainer
- ESP: Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo, Shulk
- Fighter: Donkey Kong, Lucario, Little Mac, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner, Mii Brawler
- Fire: Mario, Luigi, Charizard
- Hammer (King Dedede Colors): Kirby series King Dedede
- Hammer/Color Change: Super Smash Bros. King Dedede
- Ice: Rosalina and Luma
- Jet: Fox, Falco
- Leaf: Villager, Olimar, Toad, Animal Crossing series Amiibo
- Mike: Jigglypuff
- Mirror: Palutena, Zelda
- Ninja: Greninja, Shiek
- Parasol: Peach
- Parasol (Waddle Dee Colors): Parasol Waddle Dee
- Poison: Ganondorf, Splatoon series Amiibo
- Smash Bros.: Super Smash Bros. Kirby
- Spark: Pikachu, Robin, Chibi Robo, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner, Mii Brawler
- Stone: Bowser
- Sword: Link, Marth, Ike, Lucina, Roy, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner, Mii Brawler, Corrin
- Sword (Meta Knight Colors): Kirby series Meta Knight
- Sword/Color Change: Super Smash Bros. Meta Knight
- UFO: Kirby series Kirby
- Wheel: Wario, Captain Falcon
- Whip: Yoshi, Zero Suit Samus
Search the indicated location to find a Smash Bros. Essence item:
1. In Level 1-4, proceed through the level until you reach the area with the four small holes, then drop in them and fly to the leftmost protrusion and press Up.
2. In Level 3-1, at the end of one room, it is in a submarine with the hatch open underwater.
3. At the start of Level 5-2, it is in the room in one square that is actually an open window.
4. In Level 6-1, in the secret passageway that leads to a 1-Up, it is in the peeling corner of the painting on the right.
5. In Level 6-5, in the tall room, it is in a star laying on top of a pillar in the background.
Normally, the UFO ability is only available by using the Kirby series Kirby Amiibo. However, after reaching 100% completion, a UFO enemy will appear in the Copy Ability Testing Area, but it will still be unavailable in the Arenas.