When you get the single shot homing missiles in any aircraft, you should only be able to get a total of three. However, if you pause the game, wait approximately fifteen seconds, then resume the game, you should be able to pick up three more. This will only work until you get nine missiles.Dodging missiles
To dodge missiles faster, roll and flip in the air. This will work approximately 70% of the time.
When dodging missiles and rockets while in a plane, dive down, bank right, go up, then bank left. This will shake off almost all missiles if there are more than two of them, and all of them if there are two or less.
Use the following trick to dodge a homing missile (fired by missile turrets and Warhawks). Activate the afterburner, press Right Analog-stick Down to send your plane into a loop, then press Right Analog-stick Right or Left to get it spinning. Tilt your controller or Left Analog-stick sideways and hold R2 + L2 to power slide. This works approximately 85% of the time if you are skilled.Easy ranks
Create a player ranked game, and set the flag return time to "0". Have a friend on the other team. Play until there are at least eight people. Ban everyone except for your friend on the other team. Go to the place where the other team's flag spawns. Steal it, but stay exactly where it spawns. Have your friend stand close to you. Aim at him, and rapidly tap Triangle. If done correctly, the flag will flash back and forth between you and your friend, and you will both get two points each time Triangle is pressed.Troop riders on plane
Have one of your teammates get in the driver's seat. Have them hold L2 so the plane gets very low to the ground. Have yourself and whoever else around pile onto the plane. You can stand just about anywhere on either plane, but try to stay away from the sides. Crouch to keep from falling off. Make sure to have at least one rider with a rocket launcher. The pilot should never leave Hover mode and not make any sudden movements . Planes may be able to exit troop boundaries, but the riders cannot -- stay in the boundaries. The plane will sink a little with people on it. Just go up if you get too low. You can then carry your troops to the enemy base. This is also useful in Capture The Flag because you are not allowed to fly with the flag.Jeeps on plane
This trick only works with the Nemesis and is very difficult too execute. Have your pilot hover slightly below the edge of a cliff. Then, have the jeep(s) drive onto each wing. You can get two jeeps on at a time. Like the troop riders, jeeps will make your plane sink quickly. Press R2 to go up and keep from sinking. Jeeps can also be dropped from a very high altitude with little or no damage. It is very effective to have two jeeps with people in the turrets. Also, a person with a rocket launcher can crouch on top of the jeep.Tanks on plane
This is nearly impossible to do. Try mastering jeeps before attempting this trick. This works with either the Warkhark or Nemesis. Just like the jeep, your pilot must keep R2 held as soon as it is on. Otherwise the tank will fall off, and its massive weight will pull down the plane with it. You must constantly press and release R2 to keep a steady altitude. Like jeeps, tanks can also be dropped from a very high altitude. This is useful for stealth bombardment or to drop an empty tank from very high altitude. When it lands, it will explode, crushing anyone it lands on and blowing up anyone in the immediate area.Easy points in Capture The Flag
In any Capture The Flag match, get four land mines from one of your bases. Fly quickly as possible to your enemy's base with their flag. Tap R2(2) to use turbo. Land just about where their flag is located. Do not try to capture it. Throw all your mines anywhere you can, preferably near where health icons are found, vehicle repair, driver's seat of jeep, any weapons, and on the ceiling of any covering commonly walked under. Then, get out quickly. Try to get in and out in about thirty seconds or less. This is possible with practice. Then, get back in your plane, and fly back to where you got your landmines. Repeat this as many times as desired.Easy base defense on Island Outpost in Capture The Flag
Use the following trick to easily defend your base on Island Outpost. Make a barricade with one tank and a jeep on the left-hand exit of your base with the flag (the one with the machine gun turret on both sides and a flak gun on the right). Put the tank on one side parked perpendicular to the roadway. Then, put the jeep behind it also perpendicular to the road. Throw a grenade at the jeep and two at the tank. They will both be almost destroyed so if an opponent jumps in you can easily kill him. As enemies try to drive through the barricade, they will get stuck and must either reverse to try another way in or jump out of their vehicle once it hits the barricade. This just adds to its effect. Use the Bluetooth headset to tell your team what you are doing so that no one takes a vehicle. Make sure to stay and help kill anyone who tries to get your flag.Easy points in TDM
To get easy points, go to a base that your team does not control, and stand next to the flag. You will see a bar appear at the bottom of the screen. If the other team owns this base, the bar will move to the center (neutralize), and you will get two points. It will then move to the other side filling with your teams color (gaining), thus giving you two more points. This process is easy and can get you four points in under twenty seconds.Easy points in Zones
Do basically the same thing as in the "Easy points in Capture The Flag" trick, and put a land mine on the base of the flag/marker thing that shows whose base it is. Then, move on, and do this to every base you find. You will not only get points every time you capture a base, but also for every time someone tries to take one from your team. They will get blown up, giving you more points. Then, go back after awhile and repeat.Split-screen online
When creating a game, turn the split-screen on. During the game, press Start on the other controller(s) to activate split-screen mode. You will all share your screen name.Servers
Your rank determines what level Sony server you can get on:
- Level 1: Sergeant and lower
- Level 2: 1st Lieutenant and lower
- Level 3: Cmd Marshal and lower
- Level 4: General and lower
|Airman 1st Class||500||Bandit Teamwork|
|Chief Sergeant||2,500||Bandit Ground Combat|
|Wingman||5,000||Bandit Air to Air|
|Wing Leader||9,000||Bandit 4x4|
|Sergeant Major||15,000||Bandit Tank|
|Cmdr Sergeant||25,000||Warhawk Aerial Gunnery|
|2nd Lieutenant||35,000||Distinguished Air Superiority|
|1st Lieutenant||50,000||Team Cross|
|Major||150,000||Warhawk Exemplary Service|
|Air Marshal||170,000||Warhawk Executive Award|
|Cmdr Marshal||190,000||Warhawk Service|
|Lt. Colonel||210,000||Distinguished Combat|
|Colonel||230,000||100 Warhawk Wings|
|Brigadier General||250,000||Presidential Meritorious Conduct|
|General||275,000||Distinguished Air Combat|
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Aerial Ballet (Silver): While flying a jetpack, kill an enemy (who is also flying a jetpack) with any weapon other than the Rocket Launcher.
- Anti-Air Ninja (Bronze): Shoot down a Warhawk with any infantry weapon other than a Rocket Launcher.
- Are You Aim-Botting? (Silver): Snipe an enemy who is flying a jetpack.
- Bandit Award (Bronze): Earn all in-game badges at Bandit level.
- Bandwidth Donor (Gold): Host a ranked dedicated server for four consecutive hours.
- Behind Enemy Lines (Silver): Drive an APC into the enemy's home base, then have at least one teammate spawn into that APC.
- Chief Sergeant (Bronze): Achieve a rank of Chief Sergeant.
- Collector (Bronze): Capture four cores at once in Collection mode.
- Combat Driver (Bronze): Complete Vehicle Combat Training.
- Commander (Silver): Achieve a rank of Commander.
- Cowboy (Bronze): Play a perfect Team Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).
- Dead-Eye (Bronze): Achieve a sniper kill from more than 2,500 feet away.
- Decorated Soldier (Silver): Earn any 15 in-game medals.
- Dumbfire (Bronze): Destroy an enemy aircraft with a dumbfired Swarm or Homing Missile.
- Emergency Evasion (Bronze): Break at least 6 simultaneous missile locks using Chaff.
- Enlistee (Bronze): Join a clan.
- Executive Honor (Gold): Earn all in-game medals.
- Flying Fortress (Silver): Awarded to the driver and all six passengers of a fully-loaded Dropship.
- General (Gold): Achieve a rank of General.
- Giant Killer (Silver): Shoot down an enemy Dropship while using a Warhawk.
- Ground Pounder (Bronze): Complete Ground Combat Training.
- Hat Trick (Bronze): Get three flag captures in a single round of CTF.
- How Did You Do That? (Bronze): Destroy an enemy aircraft with a Cluster Bomb.
- Invincible (Bronze): While on foot, take at least 250 damage within 10 seconds without dying.
- Irony (Bronze): Kill an enemy with his own Proximity Mine.
- Lone Wolf (Bronze): Play a perfect Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).
- Lt. Colonel (Silver): Achieve a rank of Lt. Colonel.
- Master Award (Silver): Earn all in-game badges at Master level.
- One In A Million (Bronze): Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.
- Overkill (Bronze): Destroy an enemy aircraft with a volley of 8 Swarm Missiles.
- Pilot's License (Bronze): Complete Warhawk Combat Training.
- Porcupine (Gold): Destroy an enemy Warhawk with the APC's E-POD shield.
- Recognition of Merit (Bronze): Earn any five in-game medals
- Remote Pilot (Bronze): Destroy an enemy aircraft with a TOW Missile.
- Resourceful Driver (Bronze): Achieve a road kill and a .50 cal kill using the same 4x4, without dismounting.
- Rivalry (Bronze): Win a clan match (red server) as either clan leader or a regular member.
- Saboteur (Bronze): Destroy an enemy vehicle with the Field Wrench.
- Shield Breaker (Silver): Break an enemy E-POD shield using the Lightning Shell.
- Surgical Strike (Gold): Shoot down a Dropship with a Binoculars strike.
- Survivalist (Bronze): Survive for one minute as the hero in Hero mode.
- Tail Shaker (Bronze): Destroy an enemy aircraft with an Aerial Mine within 5 seconds of deploying it.
- Taxi Driver (Bronze): Help a teammate capture the flag (in CTF) or cogs (in Collection) by transporting him back to the base, using any vehicle.
- That Was Some Bug (Gold): Kill an enemy who is flying a jetpack by hitting him with any vehicle or aircraft.
- Warhawk Award (Gold): Earn all in-game badges at Warhawk level.
- Warhawk Supreme Achievement (Platinum): Unlock all other trophies.
- Warlord (Bronze): Create a clan and get nine other members to join. Awarded at ten members while you are the clan leader.
- World Victory (Bronze): Control all capturable bases in a Zones match, and reduce the enemy's home base to level 1.
Additionally, there are ten secret trophies:
- Anti-Camper (Bronze): Kill an enemy in a Missile or Flak Turret after that enemy has achieved at least five kills in that type of turret.
- Canyon Run (Silver): Using a Warhawk, shoot down an enemy Warhawk in the central gorge in Vaporfield Glacier.
- Daredevil (Bronze): Get 100 feet off the ground in a ground vehicle. Does not count if the vehicle is being carried by a Dropship.
- Hit List (Bronze): Kill every member of the opposing team at least once during a round.
- King of the Jungle Gym (Silver): Retrieve the Proximity Mines from the top of the dome on the Omega Factory Rumble Dome layout.
- Minesweeper (Bronze): Get killed by Proximity Mines five times in a single round.
- Reckless Pilot (Bronze): Commit suicide in a Warhawk by running into your own Aerial Mine.
- Safety Violation (Silver): Kill a distant enemy from on top of the salvage crane in Tau Crater.
- Vengeance (Bronze): Kill an enemy within 60 seconds of that enemy killing you.
- What's That Green Line? (Bronze): Get killed by a Binoculars strike while piloting an aircraft.