Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding aircraft:
- F-15E Strike Eagle: Successfully complete Campaign mode.
- Mi-24 (HIND): Successfully complete Campaign mode.
- PAK-FA: Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Pilot or higher difficulty.
Alternate aircraft colors
Successfully complete Campaign mode to unlock a second aircraft color. Get 1,500 points to unlock a third aircraft color for that particular plane.
Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Elite difficulty to unlock the Ace difficulty. In Ace mode, there is no health regeneration and enemies are stronger.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding call sign:
- Scarface: Get one Ace Pilot reward.
- Mobius: Get one Hero reward.
- Wardog: Get five Ace Striker rewards.
- Galm: Get five Ace Pilot rewards.
- Gryphus: Get five Hero rewards.
- Garuda: Successfully complete Campaign mode.
- Falco: Get one Ace Striker reward.
- Strigon: Get five Survivor rewards.
- Aquila: Get one survivor reward.
- Phoenix: Place first in a Deathmatch.
- Ghost: Shoot down more than one hundred enemy players online while using an attack helicopter.
- Cougar: Shoot down more than one hundred enemy players.
- Dragon: Win ten Capital Conquest matches.
- Sweeper: Shoot down more than fifty enemy players online while using an attack helicopter.
- Viking: Get a total of twenty-thousand points.
- Burner: Win twenty Capital Conquest matches.
- Wildcat: Shoot down more than fifty enemy players online.
- Mohawk: Get a total of one hundred-thousand points.
- Stingray: Win ten Domination matches.
- Racer: Use DFM Supper more than fifty times.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding reward:
- Ace Pilot: Get the most number of air kills in a round.
- Ace Striker: Get the most number of ground kills in a round.
- Survivor: Stay alive the longest amount of time.
- Hero: Perform the overall best in a round.
Getting an assault chain
An assault chain occurs when you destroy a hostile target in DFM and automatically go into DFM after another. To do this, there must be another hostile close by as you kill the person you are currently targeting. It is most easily done in Blue On Blue mode.
Defeating Markov in “Akula” mission
Keep initiating DFM as soon as possible on Marko during the following five sequences:
- 1. At the start of the battle.
- 2. A run over the Pentagon.
- 3. When he blows up your allies on two bridges.
- 4. When chasing him up past the Capitol building.
- 5. When he begins his run on the White House and you can see the Washington Monument in the distance. Note: This is where you can actually shoot him down.
You must initiate DFM as soon as possible because there is a secret timer, and when it expires, it will allow him to fire Trinity once. If you initiate DFM outside those five sequences, he will quickly perform a counter-maneuver on you.
Destroying the ICBM in “Hostile Fleet” mission
Use an aircraft with 4AAM or 6AAM. When you activate DFM, go directly into afterburner. Be careful of the flames, especially on the Elite difficulty. Try to move to the right side of the missile. You will find an opening where you will not get damaged, but it will begin to close after the second missile. Try to pull away to the right when you start getting damaged. You will get missile lock in DFM, even when you are pulling away from it to dodge the missiles. About seven missiles are required before the mission ends.
Easy “Calamity” trophy
Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Pilot or higher difficulty unlock the PAK-FA. Then, go to Free Mission mode, and sortie the PAK-FA with Trinity (EW1) on any mission that allows multirole aircraft (the “Siege” mission is recommended). Fire the Trinity at an enemy (for example, the two groups of enemies at the end of the “Siege” mission) to get the “Calamity” trophy.
Easy “Nice Kill” trophy
Shoot down 50 players in Competitive Online mode to get the “Nice Kill” trophy.
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Bail Out (Bronze): Ejected from a damaged aircraft.
- Guns Guns Guns (Bronze): Destroyed 5 hostile vehicles from the air as the door gunner.
- Fire Hazard (Bronze): Removed enemy presence from the oil field and the base.
- Life Saver (Bronze): Rescued Major Illich from enemy captivity.
- Fearsome Guardian (Bronze): Protected your allies using the gunship, and led a successful attack on the base.
- Emergency (Bronze): Attempted an emergency landing in a damaged aircraft.
- Total Annihilation (Bronze): Disintegrated enemy bombers in mid-air, keeping damage to the city to a minimum.
- Steel Hunter (Bronze): Eliminated enemy threat from the Suez Canal.
- Defender of World Heritage (Bronze): Prevented enemy from using Trinity to destroy Derbent.
- Hot Pit (Bronze): Successfully took off to protect allies amid heavy hostile fire.
- One Million Tons of Scrap Metal (Bronze): Sank the enemy fleet and saved the Russian Prime Minister.
- Nick of Time (Bronze): Destroyed the ICBMs.
- Berserker (Bronze): Destroyed the air defense system, opening the way for allied pilots.
- Warwolf 1 (Gold): Cleared all missions.
- Critical Hit (Silver): Took down a hostile fighter with a charged homing missile.
- Successive Kill (Bronze): Took down 3 hostiles in a row with an assault chain.
- Hard Strike (Bronze): Wiped out hostile ground forces with ASM.
- Eagle Eye (Bronze): Successfully focused on 3 targets.
- Stay On Target (Bronze): Obtained and destroyed 10 enemies in a helicopter.
- Diverse Strikes (Bronze): Defeated hostiles with all 3 of the gunship’s weapons.
- Gun Master (Bronze): Took out a large number of hostiles as the door gunner.
- Shot Master (Bronze): Took down 5 hostiles with a direct shot.
- Pursuit Master (Bronze): Successfully pursued 3 enemies with counter maneuvers.
- Switch Master (Silver): Successfully switched from defense to offense 10 times with counter maneuvers.
- Checking In (Bronze): Flew through the big hotel’s gates.
- Limbo (Bronze): Flew beneath a falling chimney.
- Speed Demon (Bronze): Destroyed all radar missile defense systems in a short period of time.
- Machine Gun Faithful (Bronze): Destroyed an enemy aircraft using only the standard machine gun while piloting an aircraft.
- Smooth Flight (Silver): Managed to get Sova 1 to land safely.
- Bomber Master (Bronze): Defeated a large number of enemies while flying a bomber.
- Chain Master (Silver): Took down 5 hostiles in a row with an assault chain.
- Nice Kill (Silver): Shot down a large number of hostile players in competitive online.
- Nice Assist (Bronze): Used DFM support or ASM support to join a flight member.
- Nice Save (Bronze): Saved an ally being targeted by hostile players in DFM in competitive online.
- Veteran Pilot (Silver): Sortied for 50 hours in competitive online or mission co-op.
- Warwolf Squadron (Gold): Cleared all levels in mission co-op.
- Formation Attack (Silver): Joined the same DFM with two others and shot down a hostile (mission co-op).
- The Collector (Bronze): Piloted all aircraft in the game.
- Welcome to Mission Co-Op (Bronze): Cleared 1 level in mission co-op.
- Aerial Sniper (Bronze): Used DFM to destroy 10 airborne enemies in competitive online.
- Ground Pounder (Bronze): Used ASM to destroy 30 ground enemies in competitive online.
- Interceptor (Bronze): Used an attack helicopter and destroyed 10 missiles or bombs in competitive online.
- World Tour (Silver): Played on all maps in competitive online.
- Ace of Aces (Silver): Obtained an A rank for every mission (free mission).
- All Rounder (Silver): Obtained all MVPs.
Additionally, there are six secret trophies:
- Sierra Hotel (Platinum): Obtained all trophies.
- Patriot (Bronze): Protected Moscow from destruction, freeing it from enemy control.
- Friendly Fire (Bronze): Alleviated the attack on Miami and helped Guts bail out.
- Category 5 (Bronze): Pursued the enemy and shot down Major Illich.
- Guardian (Bronze): Protected Washington D.C. from the threat of Trinity, and returned alive.
- Calamity (Bronze): Used Trinity to wipe out the enemy (free mission).