Note: This game is also titled Makai Senki Disgaea Portable.Etna mode
At the title screen, highlight the "New Game" option, then press Triangle, Square, Circle, Triangle Square, Circle, X. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear Etna's voice. In the Japanese version, highlight the "New Game" option at the title screen, then press Triangle, Square, X, Triangle Square, X, Circle. Alternately, successfully complete the game after reading Etna's entries in her secret chamber. To enter Etna's secret chamber, press the two secret buttons in Laharl's Castle. The first button is behind the throne. The second button is inside the skull on the counter in RosenQueen's store. After both buttons are pressed, go to the room where Longinus, Ghoss, Stigma, and Gargo are usually found. Press X in the corner behind Stigma to reveal the door.Bonus classes
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding class:
- Angel: Get a Female Cleric, Knight, and Archer all to level 100 or higher.
- Archer: Get level 3 or higher in Bow Weapon Mastery.
- EDF Soilder: Get level 30 or higher in Gun Weapon Mastery.
- Galaxy Mage: Get a Prism Mage to level 50.
- Galaxy Skull: Get a Prism Skull to level 50.
- Knight: Get a Female Warrior and Female Mage both to level 10 or higher.
- Majin: Get a Male Warrior, Brawler, Ninja, Rogue, and Scout all to level 200 or higher.
- Ninja: Get a Male Fighter and Male Warrior both to level 10 or higher.
- Prism Mage: Get a Star Mage to level 35.
- Prism Skull: Get a Skull Mage to level 35.
- Ronin: Get a Female Warrior and Female Fighter both to level 20 or higher.
- Rune Knight: Get a Female Warrior and Female Magician both to level 10.
- Samurai: Get a Female Warrior and Female Fighter both to level 20.
- Scout: Get two Fighters or Warriors (male or female) both to level 5 or higher.
- Star Mage: Get a Fire, Ice, and Wind Mage all to level 5.
- Star Skull: Get a Fire, Ice, and Wind Skull all to level 5.
- Strider: Get two Warriors or Fighters to level 5.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding ending:
- Dark Assembly: Force proposals in the Dark Assembly fifty times.
- Etna Heroine: Get at least 100 ally kills before Chapter 5, Stage 4, then kill Maderas when prompted.
- Flonne Tragedy: Get at least 50 ally kills before Chapter 3, Stage 4, then kill Hoggmeiser when prompted.
- Good/Best: Successfully complete the game without any ally kills.
- Item God: Kill an Item God or Item God 2.
- Midboss: Lose to the mid-Boss of Chapter 1, 4, 6, or 10.
- Normal: Have at least one ally kill and do not fulfill the requirements for any other ending.
- Overthrowing Earth: Pass the "Human World" proposal at the Dark Assembly, then complete the Human World stages.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding ending in Etna mode:
- Beauty Tyrant Overlord Etna: Pass the proposal for Alternate Netherworld and The Mysterious Seal in the Dark Assembly, then defeat Priere, Marjoly, and Baal.
- Normal: Successfully complete the last chapter in Etna mode.
Once the Cave Of Ordeal has been opened, there are two stages that are "leveling stages" (Cave Of Ordeal 3 and Demonhall Mirror). Attacks that do a 3x3 moveable grid (3x3 specials that can be moved, such as Tera Star's square formation) or 3x3 attacks in front of the user (Winged Slayer, Astral Dance) should be learned. Make sure your ATK stat is high enough so you can defeat them in one hit, or have a high enough DEF stat so the enemy only does 0 to 10 DMG. Walk up to the enemies, align them with your 3x3 special, and execute it. Once you get to the point where they die in one hit, just repeat this over and over. For even more experience, pass the "Stronger Enemies" bill, but make sure they are not strong enough to kill you. When you do this frequently, you will also gain a large amount of mana.Easy hospital points
Get a piece of equipment that increases HP. It is recommended that the HP increase be a large amount or this will take longer. Equip it, then unequip the item. Equip it again, and your HP should decrease from the max HP. Use this gap of HP to heal yourself, thus giving yourself points. Repeat this for hospital points. You should have a large amount of money to do this repeatedly.Greater enemy level
When you lift up an enemy and throw it at another, their levels will combine, and stats will increase marginally. However, their maximum HP and SP will not. This trick is also a way to get more experience points from an enemy.Longinus
Use the following trick to get Longinus, the former overlord's own spear (in the corner, who informs you about weapons). When persuading the Dark Assembly by force, if you happen to fight someone who works in the castle and defeat them (for example, the hospital woman), a grave will appear where they normally stand. Talk to Longinus, and he will praise you for being the first person worthy of owning King Krichevskoy's famed spear, and it will now become yours. It is quite powerful. To regain the services of whoever you killed, save the game, quit, and reload your game.Transmigrating (Rank 3 bill)
When you plan to transmigrate, do it at a higher level than the level you previously transmigrated from or else your stats will decrease. For example, if you have a Prinny God at level 3,000, transmigrate and level him to level 1,000; if you were to transmigrate him at level 1,000, his stats would decrease rather than increase. Also, it is highly recommended you always transmigrate under "Genius".Defeating Prinny Baal
The trick involves having a Thief to steal the enemy's equipment, otherwise you will be at a disadvantage. Nemesis Mk-II gives the Prinny approximately 13,000+ stats in everything except ATK, which will be about 31,000. Prinny Suit gives him about 45,000 HP and 22,000+ DEF and RES. It will be easier if you can steal it. If you fight Prinny Baal with no "Stronger Enemies" bill passed, your Thief should be about level 3000+. When fighting him at level 9999 (maxed out "Stronger Enemies"), your Thief must be about level 5200+. Also, you should have extra humanoids that can be used as sacrifices. You also need your "damage dealers" crew. It would usually consist of Divine Maijins (level 4000+ recommended) and Larharl having over 1 million ATK and 600,000+ HIT (any level as long as you have those stats). You are going need some top items to boost your stats. Level 100 super robo suits equipped on Larharl and level 100 Yoshitsuna should suffice. The Divine Maijins should have the most damage dealing equipment you have in your disposal. Optionally, Flonne should also have Braveheart at a decent level with major INT stats. Start by summoning your Thief to the battlefield. Move him in front of Prinny Baal, and use one of the stealing hands (Dream Hand, Bandit's Hand, Stealing Hand, etc.). Usually the cheaper hands work just as well as the expensive ones. Steal Nemesis Mk-II first. Once you have executed this command, summon one of your disposable humanoids to lift the Prinny. This requires 8+ Movement to go on the sides of the Prinny. Then, end the turn. If done correctly, the Prinny should have used his turn killing the humanoid that lifted him. Next, steal the Prinny Suit. Summon your damage dealers and Flonne. Have Flonne use Braveheart to increase the ATK stats of all your damage dealers, then have the damage dealers execute their strongest "single" special (one that only attacks one enemy for high damage, such as Nightsever, Avalanche, etc.). Before you end this turn, have another disposable humanoid to lift the Prinny, and then end the turn. Repeat this until Prinny Baal is defeated.