To duplicate crafting materials and weapons, enter another player's game online or through system link. Then, drop the items and weapons you want to duplicate. Once you have finished dropping the items, do not leave your inventory. Instead, press the Xbox Guide button, and choose to go to the dashboard. Next, go back into the game. You will have all of the items and weapons you dropped back in your inventory, plus all of the items and weapons you dropped will still be on the ground. Repeat this process as many times as desired. Sell the items to get as much gold as desired. Note: Sometimes the game will auto save if you drop too many items. Thus, pay attention to the top right corner of the screen to see if it auto saves. If it does, simply pick up your items and complete the mission to get the game to auto save with your inventory intact. Then, try the exploit again.
Before creating a game, set the difficulty to one level above the level you normally play the game at (for example, if you want to play at Torment 1, select Torment 2). Once the game begins, pause the game, and lower the difficulty level by one. Then, when you are about to turn in a quest or complete a bounty, pause the game, and select the highest difficulty available (should be two levels above the difficulty you are playing at) to get the rewards of a higher difficulty without having to defeat stronger enemies.
Play "The Legacy Of Cain - Explore Cellar" quest in Act I. Take the waypoint to The Old Ruins and go north, then east. Go down the cellar to encounter a named mob (Captain Daltyn) and his minions. Kill him for at least one magic item and some coins. Loot the cauldron for at least one health potion. Talk to Leah for quest completion experience and gold. A loot chest also appears 40% of the time. Exit and repeat as many times as desired. The pathway will never change, but you will keep hearing a Tristram Militia whining about how he promised to save Marko but did not.
To earn XP, gold, and items quickly, start Act III: 7 - Kill Azmodan. Skip past all the enemies except for elite mobs. Defeat Azmodan, and skip the cutscene. Teleport back to the stronghold after taking its soul and your loot. Then, talk to the guard, speed through the dialog, go to the armory, and then the watchtower. Skip the cutscene, then run through the portal. Go to Tyrael, skip through the dialogue, and go through the portal. Skip through the additional dialogue, and then kill Iskatu. Repeat this process as many times as desired.
When you enter an area that gives you a life potion or chest, collect them, then save and quit the game. When you resume your saved game, the area you clicked on to get the previous potion will always give you another potion. Note: Another chest may not always appear. If there is no chest, quit the game again. When you resume the game again, most of the time another chest will appear, and the treasure will vary from an item to gold, or both.
To power level an alternate character, simply put a high level gem on them to have them reach stats that normally are not available to low level characters. At Level 20, socket armor and weapons become plentiful. You can put on Level 60 gems to have a very powerful force, even without a high level character. If you later need to remove a gem and place it on superior gear, you can have the blacksmith break the armor or you can remove it with gold using the gem remover.
Experience gear can cut your play time by a lot, but you must keep upgrading your gear or else the bonus experience will not be enough for your current level. Having multiple sets of experience gear every few levels will help. However, you do not actually need full sets, just a few pieces to make a difference on your next character. Additionally, if you are running out of space and do not want to upgrade your shared stash, you can keep them by creating a few extra characters and passing the gear to them using the shared stash. This will also save you money, but it is recommended you eventually upgrade your shared stash to avoid wasting time moving items between characters.
The secret Whimsyshire level is a playable area of the game that contains cute monsters, gold and item drops, health orbs (which look like giant pink cupcakes), random and elite bosses, and a baby's blanket looking mini-map. To access the hidden Whimsyshire level, you must have three special ingredients, and a plan to teach the blacksmith how to craft them into the Staff Of Herding. This object must then be taken to the Cow King's Ghost, a spectral bovine located on Old Tristram Road, near the pit with the mysterious red glow in Act I. After a conversation with the Cow King's Ghost, the glow will change to a rainbow color, and it will become an active dungeon entrance. When you enter the secret Whimsyshire level, a Feat of Strength, Banner, and Sigil will be unlocked. As was the case with the Diablo 2 Secret Cow level, characters must have defeated that difficulty level to enter the secret level, which is balanced to be about as difficult as Act 4. The location of the required items to create the Staff Of Herding are as follows:
Black Mushroom: It is found rarely in a room in The Cathedral: Level 1 early in Act I. It is a interactive ground spawn called Black Mushrooms, but it does not always spawn. One way to farm for this is to load a later quest in Act I, and take the Cathedral Gardens waypoint, then proceed through Leoric's Passage to the Cathedral level.
Wirt's Cowbell: Wirt's Bell can be purchased from Squirt the Peddler in the Caldeum Bazaar in Act II for 25,000 gold. It is under the "Miscellaneous" tab.
Gibbering Gemstone: It randomly drops from Chiltara in Level 2 of Caverns Of Frost in Act III. It is in the Ballistae fight area. If you get the Ice Caverns exit out, try again. The mob is random.
Plan - Staff Of Herding: It drops randomly from Izual in Act IV on any difficulty.
Once you have acquired the four items listed above, open your inventory, and select the pattern to learn it. You can now craft it under the weapon section for 50,000 gold. After creating the Staff Of Herding, players can use it an unlimited number of times. You can make a staff for each difficulty. They are great for farming blues and rare items. To make the Nightmarish, Hell, and Inferno versions, you can find the plans at Gorell the Quartermaster at the east corner of Bastion's Keep Stronghold. He sells the plans for different prices depending on the difficulty you buy it for after you have killed Izual in Act IV.
Development Hell is a hidden area in the game. During the "A Shattered Crown" quest in Act I on the Nightmare or harder difficulty, choose the part where you have to open the gate. Go to the Cemetery Of The Forsaken, and check all the crypt names. There are three areas named Defiled Crypt you can enter, one of which has the quest goal. When entering one of the crypts, there is a random chance it will instead take you to Development Hell. If none of the crypts take you to Development Hell, save and quit the game. Resume the saved game, and repeat this process until one of the crypts are Development Hell. In Development Hell, the normal Risen Dead enemies are named after the Diablo 3 development team, with their descriptions being their job title. The game director, Jay Wilson, is an elite monster, and killing him grants the hidden Feat Of Strength achievement "Smash! Jay, Smash!" along with a Banner Sigil.
Search the indicated locations and complete the corresponding tasks to get the three followers in the game to join you:
Location: The Templar is the first follower available. He is found in The Cathedral: Level 3 in Act I.
Quest: The Templar is found during the "Reign Of The Black King" quest. While going deep into the Cathedral, you will encounter a group of cultist channeling dark energy on a man. Kill the cultists, and the man will ask for help finding his gear. His gear can be found in a large chest slightly ahead of the current location. Once he equips his gear, the man will reveal himself as a Templar. He will offer to kill a renegade called Jondar, who can be found down nearby stairs. After defeating Jondar, the Templar will ask to join you in your noble cause. Accept his offer to have him follow you, or decline it to have him wait back in town, where you can hire him any time desired.
Location: The Scoundrel is found in The Fields Of Misery in Act I.
Quest: The Scoundrel is found during "The Broken Blade" quest. During the quest, you will be joined by Leah in the Fields Of Misery to go to the Drowned Temple. On your way there, you will encounter a man asking for help against thieves. Follow him to encounter a girl surrounded by various thieves. Kill all of them, including their leader Nigel, then talk to the man. He is a Scoundrel, and after facing a bit of disappointment, will request to help you. If you accept, he will immediately replace the Templar (if he is with you). If you decline, he will wait in town, where you can hire him any time desired.
Location: The Enchantress is found on the Howling Plateau in Act II.
Quest: The Enchantress is found during the "Shadows In The Desert" quest. When you reach the Sundered Canyon, you will encounter a petite girl, who is the Enchantress. Speak to her to make her a temporary ally. She will help you in your journey with her spells by diminishing illusionary dead ends and revealing hidden footprints of the cultists. You will need to follow the footprints to two places: the Hidden Conclave and Secret Altar, where you will be required to kill the enemies to stop their illusionary magic. You will then be able to travel to the Black Canyon Bridge, which is located in the northern part of the Howling Plateau. Speak with the Enchantress again to complete the quest. She will then ask to join you. If you accept, she will replace any other follower you currently have with you. If you decline, she can be hired back at the holding camp any time desired.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Deep Pockets (20 points): Pick up 500,000 gold.
- The Comfort of Strangers (20 points): Recruit the Templar, Scoundrel, and Enchantress.
- Up All Night to Get Lucky (25 points): Equip all Inventory slots with Legendary items that have a minimum required level of 70 or higher.
- Breaking Not So Bad (15 points): Use a merchant to repair an item.
- Socket to Me (20 points): Socket a gem in an item.
- A New Start (20 points): Complete 5 bounties.
- Batting 500 (25 points): Complete 500 bounties.
- Just Riffing (25 points): Kill 500 monsters while in Nephalem Rifts.
- Dashing Through the Rift (25 points): Finish a Nephalem Rift within 15 minutes.
- The Mad King's End (20 points): Kill the Skeleton King.
- Butchered! (25 points): Kill the Butcher.
- The Last of the Horadrim (20 points): Complete all quests in Act I.
- The Coven Overthrown (20 points): Kill Maghda.
- Murderer. Torturer. Monster. (20 points): Kill Zoltun Kulle.
- The Lord of Lies (25 points): Kill Belial.
- The Black Soulstone (20 points): Complete all quests in Act II.
- The Ravening Beast (20 points): Kill Ghom.
- Making a Breakthrough (20 points): Kill the Siegebreaker Assault Beast.
- The Lord of Sin (25 points): Kill Azmodan.
- The Wages of Sin (20 points): Complete all quests in Act III.
- The Prime Evil (25 points): Kill Diablo.
- Victory and Sacrifice (20 points): Complete all quests in Act IV.
- Fire in Your New Boots (25 points): Kill Urzael.
- Her? (25 points): Kill Adria.
- Death Do Us Part (25 points): Kill Malthael.
- Don't Fear the Reaper (20 points): Complete all quests in Act V.
- Above & Beyond (Hardcore) (50 points): Reach level 70 in Hardcore mode.
- Reign of Terror (25 points): Kill Diablo in Hardcore mode.
- May His Death Satisfy You (25 points): Kill Malthael in Hardcore mode.
- Above & Beyond (25 points): Reach level 70.
- Dream Team (50 points): Reach level 70 with 6 different classes.
- The Elitist (25 points): Kill 500 elite (champion, rare, or unique) enemies.
- Greed Over Need (25 points): Kill 100 Treasure Goblins.
- Demolition Derby (20 points): Get a destruction callout for breaking 50 objects.
- Made to Order (20 points): Craft 5 items.
- Custom-fit (25 points): Craft 100 items.
- Forged Credentials (20 points): Raise the Blacksmith to level 12.
- Gemkata (20 points): Raise the Jeweler to level 12.
- Maximum Myriam (20 points): Raise the Mystic to level 12.
- I Feel so Enchanting (20 points): Enchant all your equipment slots.
- Trade-in (20 points): Replace a property with Enchanting.
- A Mystical Meeting (20 points): Acquire the Mystic.
- Bejeweled (20 points): Combine gems.
- The Comfort of Strangers (20 points): Recruit the Templar, Scoundrel, and Enchantress.