Pause the game in Single Player mode, then hold LB and click Left Analog-stick, Right Analog-stick, Left Analog-stick, Right Analog-stick, press A, B, click Left Analog-stick, Right Analog-stick, Left Analog-stick, Right Analog-stick, press X, Y.
Pause the game in Single Player mode, then hold LB and press X, B, X, B, click Left Analog-stick(2), press Y, A, Y, A, click Right Analog-stick(2).
Pause the game in Single Player mode, then hold LB and press A(2), B(2), X(2), Y(2), A, B, X, Y.
Pause the game in Single Player mode, then hold LB and press B, X, A, Y, click Left Analog-stick, press Y, A, X, B, click Right Analog-stick.
Host an online match on Xbox Live. It can be any match type as long as you are the host. Once the game begins, press Start. Then, hold LB and click Left Analog-stick(2), press A, click Right Analog-stick(2), press B, click Left Analog-stick(2), press X, click Right Analog-stick(2), press Y. If you entered the code correctly, the message "GiDoeJoe Mode" will appear on everyone's screen. Alpha team will shoot blue lasers, and Bravo will shoot red lasers.
Achieve the indicated rank to unlock the corresponding items in Multiplayer mode:
1st Lieutenant (214,000 experience points): Headgears 4 (Half-Face Mask, Reinforced Helm, Tactical Goggles)
2nd Lieutenant (172,000 experience points): Camo 3 (Pink, Blue, Woodland, Wasp, Sand, Crimson)
Captain (264,000 experience points): Merc Weapons (MG36, SPAS12, Deagle)
Colonel (535,000 experience points): Headgears 5 (Ballistic Face Mask, Riot Helm, NVGs)
Corporal (14,500 experience points): Camo 1 (Desert, Urban, Russian, Guerrilla, Fall, Desert 2)
Elite (675,000 experience points): Camo 5 (Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3)
First Sergeant (109,500 experience points): Headgears 3 (Bonnie Hat, Beret, Tinted Goggles)
Lt. Colonel (425,000 experience points): Camo 4 (Yellow Urban, Red Urban, Tiger, Rust, Urban 2, Grey)
Major (330,000 experience points): Military Armor (Vier Recon Armor, Diamondback Combat Armor, Anaconda Assault Armor)
Master Sergeant (82,500 experience points): Freedom Fighter weapons (AK47, Raging Bull, SV98)
Private 1st Class (3,000 experience points): Headgears 1 (Tactical Helm, Balaclava)
Sergeant (23,500 experience points): Tactical Armor (Raven Recon Armor, Vulture Combat Armor, Falcon Assault Armor)
Sergeant First Class (56,500 experience points): Camo 2 (Flecktarn, Orange, Swedish, War2k5, Alpen, White)
Sergeant Major (139,000 experience points): Black Market Armor (Typhoon Recon Armor, Cyclone Combat Armor, Hurricane Assault Armor)
Specialist (8,400 experience points): Rainbow Weapons (MP7A1, SIG552, USP40)
Staff Sergeant (38,500 experience points): Headgears 2 (3 Hole Balaclava, Baseball Cap, Breathing Mask)
In single player Co-op Story mode, some of the guns unlocked in Career mode will not be not accessible (for example, the Desert Eagle and SPAS 12); however, the terrorists in Co-op Story mode will use them. To unlock those weapons, play a mission in multiplayer Co-op mode. Pick up the terrorists' guns that are left behind after they die. Finish the level with them to unlock them at the equipment menu. You can unlock the SPAS 12, Desert Eagle, and MG36.
Another player is required for this trick. Start a game with 20 rounds for 20:00 minutes with 15 between matches. Use a rubber band to position both Analog-sticks so that you walk in circles. You will get 800 points for a game, which will gradually decrease over time.
To perform this trick, take cover against any wall. Make sure your weapon is on single shot, then fire one blind shot. Hold LT + RT, then press and release B. A grenade should shoot about 20 to 30 feet around the corner. Note: This works with all grenades except for C4 and breaching charges.
Use your thermal goggles after you deploy a smoke grenade to see better.
Play the Fremont Street level and look for a ledge that has a bottle of Axe cologne. Shoot the bottle and the neon roof of the Fremont Street Experience will change to an animation of a girl in a bikini with some Axe items. This is followed by a sequence with outtakes and early animations.
When Jung must hack the computer to open the door to Irena, enemies rappel down from the windows. Before you tell him to hack, send your team to the far side of the room over near the fenced area. Then, run behind the computer and tell Jung to hack it. A trigger will activate and the enemies will start pouring into the room. Your team will take most of them out on the way to the computer. If someone on the team goes down, Jung will stop moving towards the computer and sit there (or Michael, depending on who goes down). Once there is a pause in the battle, tell him to heal your partner. You can then order them around as usual. During this time, Jung was supposed to be hacking the terminal, but killing all the enemies skips this part. Once done, tell Jung to hack it again. He will open the door to Irena. Michael will get left behind. Watch yourself; there are enemies on the stairs above you and will pick you off as you come up, especially on on the Realistic difficulty setting.
If you are having trouble capturing your face for your custom character or you are getting a message saying the picture is invalid, try the following:
The room may be too dark; try to brighten it up. Sometimes, the camera will not take a valid picture even if you have lights on so you must take it during the day.
The camera is not connected properly or has been connected after the console has been turned on. This can effect it as Rainbow Six: Vegas is very sensitive to creating your custom image.
You must have an Xbox Live Account to use the camera feature. However, if your Xbox Live connection is down this will also stop the camera feature from working.
At any door, have another player get in front of it. Once they are in position, turn on your thermal vision. Then, get behind your them. Look through the icon that is above his or her head. You can now see through the door. You will be able to see if there are any terrorists behind the door. Note: If playing any adversarial games, your friend must be on your team.
When the mission begins, make your squad rappel down the left part of the building. Then, order them to go down until they are able to breach. Next, go to the middle of the roof with the opening. Drop a C4, incendiary, smoke, or frag grenade, and keep shooting through the glass. After a few seconds, order your squad to breach into the building. Finally, rappel down into the building.
In the Count Down level in Xbox Live Multiplayer Co-Op mode, walk towards the elevator door. Hold LT, release, then press Left Analog-stick Forward. You will walk through the elevator. Run upstairs (wearing no armor for more mobility is recommended). Go towards the missile truck, and walk a little behind it. Hold A to interact with it and hide. You will win without the enemy respawning and gain 50 experience points.
If you have failed the mission trying to defeat Irena, you will have to reload the checkpoint. When you do so, it will spawn you in a hallway. There should be a door to your right and another a short distance down the hallway. Use the door that is on your right when you spawn. When you open that door, the computer that needs to be hack will be directly across the room from you. Kill all of the terrorists, but do not assign a team member to hack the computer. Face the back of the computer, not the controls, and turn right. You will see a set of stairs. Walk up those stairs very slowly (try crouching), and you should be able to ease your way past Irena without her seeing you. When you pass all of the glass windows, you will see a metal door. Make your way to that door and "Saving Game" will appear. Once that has happened, just run back past Irena and it will cause you to fail the mission. However, when you reload checkpoint, the metal door will be open for you.
This trick requires you and a friend/squad member on the Calypso Casino multiplayer map. Make your way up the stairs towards the helipad where you must bring the Intel on an attack and defend mission. Once you reach the top of the stairs there should be two boxes overlooking the top floor where you can take cover behind. Go to the very first box closest to the stairs. Press Cover about two or three times at the right corner of the box then hold Cover. You should now be floating in the air. Do not move until your friend runs up behind you and runs into your back. When your teammate is running into you, begin pressing Forward and he will "push" you on top of the box. Once you are on top of the boxes, there should be a railing next to you. Walk onto the railing then run towards the stairs and the railing should lead you around a previously fenced off area where you can drop down into and cover all three entrances to the helipad if your team is defending the Intel on the helipad. To continue, keep running on the railing past the fenced off area. You should be running towards the roof that connects with the elevator building. Run to the very end of the railing then run onto the roof. You now have complete coverage of the entire roof area of the map. It is recommended that you either watch the repels or elevator door if you have an SMG/rifle, or watch the far repel if you have a sniper rifle. If you only have a shotgun do not bother going up there.
Go to the roof of the LVU Campus level. There should be a ventilation unit to the far left when you come in from the staircase doors. On the vent is a little fuse box. Take cover directly on the fuse box and press Forward. If done correctly, you should now be on the vent. Have another player stand between the vent and the closest edge of the roof. Walk over him and onto the edge of the roof. You can now see over the outside of the campus and into the other building.
This trick requires at least two people. Make a match with two slots and a private slot. You can do this with any amount of people. Invite a friend and send him a private chat invite. Ask him to meet on the roof of the spawn where the fast roping skylight is located. Have him stand in the middle between the air conditioner vent and the ledge on the far left of the entrances to the roof. Hold LT + Left Analog-stick Up in front of the vent. Release LT and keep holding Left Analog-stick Up. Release Left Analog-stick Up and you should be on top of the vent. Walk over your friend's head. Note: Your friend must be crouched. You should be on top of the ledge of the roof. After you are on the roof, make a right and go forward. Then, make another right until you reach the middle office room. Stop, then align yourself with the left edge of the small building. Jump off then walk in a straight line until you reach the end of the path. Turn to your left and you should see the overhead of the left catwalk/bridge. Align yourself with the edge of the overhead then walk forward. You should be on top of the overhead. Keep walking straight until you are at the edge of the overhead. Align yourself with the low concrete wall, then jump off. Follow the low wall until it ends by the stairs. Align yourself with the low wall below the edge near the light post, then jump off. Turn to your right where there are an abundant amount of plants and trees. Walk towards them. Keep walking on the sides of them. With the correct camouflage you can hide from the enemy and attack when they are close.
In the Dante's Casino level near the arcade, there is a machine labeled Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
The Veteran Hunter and Elite Hunter achievements are glitched. The way to get these achievements is to play T-Hunt in single player mode and not split-screen. Also, you can get both achievements at once just by completing all the maps on the Realistic difficulty first instead of both Normal and Realistic.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Sniper (15 points): 10 kills using a Sniper rifle in an online ranked match.
- Marksman (10 points): 100 total player kills in any adversarial mode.
- Killer's Spree (20 points): 5 consecutive player kills without dying.
- Killer's Rampage (30 points): 10 consecutive player kills without dying.
- Demolition Expert (20 points): Kill 50 players using Explosives only.
- Special Operations (50 points): Play all maps of every Adversarial game mode.
- Siege Specialist (15 points): Leading contributor of kills for the Defenders in a winning Attack & Defend ranked match.
- Survivor (15 points): Be the only remaining player in a ranked online match of Survival.
- Lone Wolf (15 points): Most kills in a ranked online Sharpshooter match.
- Team Survivalist (15 points): Most kills in a winning online ranked match of Team Survival.
- Team Champion (15 points): Most kills in a winning online ranked match of Team Sharpshooter.
- Hostage Rescue (15 points): Rescue all hostages in an Attack & Defend mission in under 5 minutes.
- Bomb Expert (15 points): Defuse the bomb within 2 minutes in Attack & Defend.
- Infiltration Specialist (15 points): Recover the Intel in Attack & Defend within 2 minutes.
- Hazmat Specialist (15 points): Deposit the canister and kill an enemy canister carrier in the same Retrieval match.
- Master of Ceremonies (15 points): Host a 16-player match.
- Best of the Best (40 points): Achieve the rank of Elite.
- Officer (20 points): Achieve the rank of Lieutenant 2nd Class.
- Basic Training (5 points): Achieve the rank of Private 1st Class.
- Tour of Duty (60 points): Cooperatively complete all Terrorist Hunt missions.
- Vegas Champion (50 points): Cooperatively complete the Story Mode.
- Coop Hunt Novice (10 points): Complete a Cooperative T-Hunt mission with at least one other player.
- Coop Story Novice (10 points): Complete a Cooperative Story mission with at least one other player.
- Tough Hombre (30 points): Completed Border Town in single player Story Mode.
- Dam Buster (30 points): Completed Nevada Dam in single player Story Mode.
- High Roller (30 points): Completed Calypso Casino in single player Story Mode.
- Street Cleaner (30 points): Completed Downtown Vegas in single player Story Mode.
- High Climber (30 points): Completed Vertigo Spire in single player Story Mode.
- Hell Hound (30 points): Completed Dante's Casino in single player Story Mode.
- Rainbow Six Legend (100 points): Complete the single player Story Mode at Realistic difficulty.
- Executioner (30 points): Kill 500 terrorists online or offline.
- Pistoleer (25 points): Kill 150 terrorists using only a Pistol.
- Equipment Specialist (20 points): Used all Gadgets at least once in single player Story.
- Veteran Hunter (50 points): Complete all maps of splitscreen Terrorist Hunt on Normal difficulty.
- Elite Hunter (75 points): Complete all maps in splitscreen T-Hunt at Realistic difficulty.
- True Identity (30 points): Used the Xbox Live Vision to create a character with your appearance.
- Marksman (10 points): 100 total player kills in any adversarial mode.