Growing pains are causing Rockstar support techs to work tirelessly to fix issues after GTA Online launched yesterday for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
In an attempt to bring its open-world gaming concept online, Rockstar was greeted by various technical issues ranging anywhere from the minor annoyances to major problems that saw people unable to log in to the game. This is in keeping with the pattern Rockstar has seen in recent weeks, experiencing the same kinds of launch problems with its hugely successfully GTA V .
In an updated posted on their support page, Rockaster states:”We are continuing to look into these issues and are working around the clock on resolving them as quickly as possible. This includes close monitoring of our Support systems, forums, social media, and in-game data to measure traffic along with Community sentiment to ensure ongoing improvements to stability. Please stay tuned for more updates.”
The support page also has a list of confirmed issues that staff are looking into including (but not limited to):
- “Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying ‘Mission Failed’ as soon as the mission begins during a session