Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is the 2018 entry in the long-running franchise and was developed and published by Ubisoft. The series is one of the most successful in video game history, making its debut all the way back in 2007. A string of yearly releases has led gamers to expect a lot from Assassin’s Creed. With the latest titles in the franchise taking an RPG focus, the series has become much more ambitious in scale over the past few years.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Premise
In Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, you take on the role of a Greek misthios, a mercenary tasked with hunting down the Cult of Kosmos. This mysterious organization threatens the very existence of Ancient Greece, and you must do so against the backdrop of the Peloponnesian War between Athens and Sparta. As the misthios, you traverse the Greek islands by ship in a stunning open world, discovering some dark family secrets along the way.
Of course, it does all of this with the typical Assassin’s Creed flair. Here you’ll find arguably the most historically accurate depiction of Ancient Greece ever made, where you’ll interact with many popular figures from Greek mythology. While it technically doesn’t feature the Assassin Brotherhood, the gameplay remains similar to the other games in the franchise.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Main Characters
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey features a vibrant cast of characters, many of whom you may recognize from Ancient Greek mythology. The game is perfect for history buffs but equally accessible to those with no knowledge of the subject. See if you recognize some of these main characters in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey:
- Kassandra: While you can pick between two characters to start Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Kassandra is acknowledged as the canon main character. Passionate, powerful, and even promiscuous at times, Kassandra is a perfect protagonist, bringing humor and personality to Ancient Greece. Beginning the story with humble beginnings on the island of Kephallonia, Kassandra’s family dynasty as a descendant of the Spartan king Leonidas I means she must seek a greater destiny elsewhere.
- Alexios: The male protagonist option, Alexios exists canonically as Deimos, leader of the Cult of Kosmos. He’s also Kassandra’s brother. Serving as an instrument of destruction for the Cult, he becomes obsessed with hunting down his sister. His threatening presence makes him a worthy villain.
- Layla: Like all Assassin’s Creed games, Odyssey has a modern-day section. Layla is the protagonist here, serving the Assassin Brotherhood while searching for the location of Atlantis.
- Herotodos: Known in real life as “The Father of History,” Herotodos has a massive role in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. He travels with Kassandra throughout her adventures, chronicling her story to be passed down to future generations. Herotodos’ involvement in the story comes about on instruction of Perikles, leader of Athens and another massive historical figure players can interact with in-game.
- Myrinne: The mother of Kassandra and Alexios, Myrinne plays a huge part. You spend a lot of the game chasing down her shadow. Once you find her, she becomes essential in the fight against the Cult of Kosmos.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Titles in the Series
The release of the original Assassin’s Creed in 2007 surpassed Ubisoft’s wildest expectations. It wasted no time capitalizing on its success, plunging into a yearly release cycle for the franchise. Sometimes, there would even be multiple games in a single year! They’re busy bees over at Ubisoft, for better or for worse, and here is every game in the series so far:
- Assassin’s Creed (2007)
- Assassin’s Creed: Altair’s Chronicles (2008)
- Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines (2009)
- Assassin’s Creed 2 (2009)
- Assassin’s Creed 2: Discovery (2009)
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood (2010)
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations (2011)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (2012)
- Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation (2012)
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag (2013)
- Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (2014)
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue (2014)
- Assassin’s Creed Unity (2014)
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China (2015)
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (2015)
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India (2016)
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia (2016)
- Assassin’s Creed Identity (2016)
- Assassin’s Creed Origins (2017)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (2018)
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (2020)
- Assassin’s Creed Mirage (2023)
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Cheat Codes
Unfortunately, you won’t find any official cheat codes for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. In general, they’re not something that the franchise has really embraced over the years, especially given the XP boosts that gamers are able to buy in-game. However, if you’re a PC gamer, you’re in luck! You’re able to install Cheat Engine for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, and cheat to your heart’s content. Once you’ve downloaded the file, all you have to do is open it and activate the cheats you might want to use.
Cheat Engine Cheats
Here’s a full list of the Cheat Engine cheats for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey:
- Ctrl+PageUp: Reduces Athenian HP by 50%
- Ctrl+PageDown: Reduces Spartan HP by 50%
- Ctrl+: Saves the player’s location
- Ctrl+Num 0: Teleports the player to their saved location
- Ctrl+-: Teleports the player back to their last location
- Ctrl+Num1: An old favorite – gives the player infinite money
- Ctrl+Num2: The easy life – gives the player infinite resources
- Ctrl+Num3: The easier life – gives the player infinite XP
- Ctrl+Num4: The easiest life – gives the player infinite skill points
- Ctrl+Num5: The player receives no more bounties
- Ctrl+Num6: The Revelation ability is sped up
- Ctrl+Num7: The Revelation ability gets infinite range
- Ctrl+Num8: The time of day is frozen
- Ctrl+Num9: Resets Nation Power to 0
- Numpad 1: Gives the player eternal life through infinite HP
- Numpad 2: The player’s adrenaline bars are infinite
- Numpad 3: Gives the player infinite oxygen
- Numpad 4: Removes all skill cooldowns
- Numpad 5: All the player’s skill buffs are infinite
- Numpad 6: Gives the player infinite arrows
- Numpad 7: Full speed ahead – the player’s ship power is infinite
- Numpad 8: Gives the player super speed
- Numpad 9: Hiding is now optional – gives the player permanent stealth mode
- Numpad 0: Become a master assassin – gives the player one hit kills on all enemies
- Numpad . : King of the high seas – turns the player’s ship invulnerable
- Numpad – : Gives the player one hit kills on all ships
- Numpad + : Removes all cooldowns on ship attacks
Sadly, no similar trick exists for the console versions of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. If you’re on those platforms, the only way to get ahead is to purchase some of the official boosts from the in-game store.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Cheat Code FAQs
How Do I Cheat XP in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey?
While you can always use the Cheat Engine method shown above, there are other ways to farm XP in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Sure, it won’t be instant, but it’ll be a lot faster than playing the game normally.
The most popular method for this is through Assassin’s Creed Odyssey‘s Story Creator Mode. This gave normal players the opportunity to make their own missions in the game, and it didn’t take long for this to be exploited. There are several community-created missions that are purely XP farms. Take this mission for example. All you have to do is assassinate Athenian guards while running along the wall. Each kill gives a massive amount of XP in a very short space of time.
You can also do contracts in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, which is a pretty fast way of gaining XP. But for maximum efficiency, we’d recommend Story Creator Mode as the way to go here. The best part is that you can do these missions on console, so if you’re struggling to progress on Xbox or PlayStation, this is a very strong option for you.
Can Cheating in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Lead To A Ban?
No. Ubisoft probably doesn’t love it when gamers find a way past their nefarious XP boosts, but there isn’t any record of any player ever being banned for it.
If you really want peace of mind, launch the game in offline mode to ensure you’re not connected to Ubisoft’s servers in any way. The game will continue to play normally – you just won’t be able to use any kind of cloud save functionality.
How Do I Get Invincibility In Asassin’s Creed Odyssey?
If you’re not using Cheat Engine, then you’ll have to use the invincibility glitch in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. It’s not particularly difficult to execute, although there are some prerequisites to using it.
This glitch is done by combining different abilities and engravings to create an invincible Assassin’s Creed Odyssey build. The first thing you need is the “Become Isu Enhanced for 15 Seconds When Hit” legendary engraving on one of your armor pieces. Then, you need the Battlecry of Ares Ability.
Your legendary engraving will automatically activate whenever you get hit in combat, making you invincible for 15 seconds. However, the cooldown of 120 seconds usually stops this from being abused while in combat. But if you use the Battlecry of Ares ability, for some reason it actually resets the Isu Enhancement cooldown and can be repeated indefinitely. With this deadly combo, your misthios will be unstoppable.