Bastion New Game+ mode
Successfully complete the game to unlock New Game+ mode, which allows you to start a new game session and retain your previous experience, weapons, and upgrades. You can also build structures in any order.
Easy “Breaker Barracks” challenge
Upgrade the bow with +50% damage to destroy the targets in a single shot (without a power shot). Note: To upgrade the bow easier, earn a bronze medal to get the Something Stringy item.
Easy “Bullhead Court Shield” challenge
Immediately after blocking an attack, keep blocking. Some turrets will shoot four balls, or a hidden monster may attack. If you have two hits or less against the final enemy, stand directly next to the edge and wait for him to charge before jumping off. He should follow you off the cliff, and you will only get one hit. Note: Although it states that the requirement for a gold medal is two or fewer hits, you can actually be hit three times and still qualify.
Easy “Shingles Fang Repeater” challenge
Lock onto your targets until you empty your magazine, then roll forward while reloading.
Easy “Slinger Range” challenge
You cannot get negative points. Begin shooting just before the first target appears to get a few extra points.
Weapon upgrade materials
Use the following items at the Forge to upgrade the corresponding weapon:
- Something Burnt: Galleon Mortar
- Something Coarse: Scrap Musket
- Something Fancy: Army Carbine
- Something Foul: Fire Bellows
- Something Greasy: Dueling Pistols
- Something Heavy: Cael Hammer
- Something Nasty: Fang Repeater
- Something Pointy: Brusher’s Pike
- Something Sharp: War Machete
- Something Stringy: Breaker’s Bow
- Something Wrong: Calamity Cannon
Recommended starting weapons
The Machete with the Breaker’s Bow is useful in the first few levels. The Machete does well against enemies at close range and the Breaker’s Bow can destroy two turrets with one shot.
Get three Carrion Bones to upgrade your Repeater crossbow. The Repeater is fast and deals more damage than the Breaker’s Bow. Add the homing upgrade, and it will always find a target.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- The End (20 points): Complete the story.
- The Stranger (10 points): Complete the Wharf District.
- Pet Sitter (10 points): Get four different domesticated creatures in the Bastion.
- Vigilante (10 points): Complete at least 50 percent of the Vigils in the Memorial.
- Altruist (20 points): Complete 100 percent of the Vigils in the Memorial.
- Calamity Kid (30 points): Complete the story in New Game Plus.
- Mind Voyager (20 points): Complete each trip to Who Knows Where.
- Kid-at-Arms (10 points): Use the Forge to apply at least one upgrade to every weapon.
Additionally, there are four secret achievements:
- The Ura (20 points): Stop the siege on the Bastion.
- The Beginning (20 points): Complete the story, embracing the New World.
- The Survivor (10 points): Complete the Hanging Gardens and speak with the Survivor in the Bastion.
- The Singer (20 points): Complete Prosper Bluff and speak with the Singer in the Bastion.