At the main menu, select “Options”, then choose the “Keyboard/Mouse” selection. Enable the “Allow Developers Console” option. While playing the game, press ~ to display the console window. Enter ” sv_cheats 1 ” to enable cheat mode. Then, type one of the following codes and press [Enter] to activate the corresponding cheat function:
|Player can take damage but cannot die||buddha|
|No clipping mode||noclip|
|Toggle placing portals anywhere||sv_portal_placement_never_fail [0 or 1]|
|Spawn Companion Cube||ent_create_portal_companion_cube|
|Spawn dune buggy||ch_createjeep|
|Spawn reflector cube for lasers||ent_create_portal_reflector_cube|
|Turrets will not shoot at you||notarget|
|Set game speed; default is 1||host_timescale [0.1 through 2]|
|Set gravity; default is 600||sv_gravity [number]|
|First person view||firstperson|
|Third person view||thirdperson|
|Shoot Conversion Gel out of your face||ent_create_paint_bomb_portal|
|Shoot Propulsion Gel out of your face||ent_create_paint_bomb_speed|
|Shoot Repulsion Gel out of your face||ent_create_paint_bomb_jump|
|Shoots water out of your face||ent_create_paint_bomb_erase|
|Set minimum speed in seconds Portal Gun shoots when click is held; default is “0.5”||portalgun_held_button_fire_fire_delay [number]|
|Set minimum speed in seconds Portal Gun is fired; default is “0.20”||portalgun_fire_delay [number]|
|Set acceleration of the speed gel; default is “500.0f”||sv_speed_paint_acceleration [number] f|
|Set maximum speed obtainable from speed gel; default is “800.0f”||sv_speed_paint_max [number] f|
|View frame rate||cl_showfps 1|
|View your position and speed||cl_showpos 1|
|Toggle cheat mode||sv_cheats [0 or 1]|
Alternate title screen
Successfully complete the game to change the title screen.
Bonus store items
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding item for purchase at the store:
- Bionic Beanie: Successfully complete “Lunacy”.
- WCC Flag: Successfully complete “High Five”.
There is a turret inside a ventilation grate just past the elevator in Test Chamber 16. Jump over it, get the Refraction Cube, then use the laser to destroy that turret to open the grate. Enter the new area to find four turrets singing a song.
Easy “Door Prize” achievement
In Chapter 6: The Fall, there are six sealed metal doors marked “VITRIFIED” (Vitrified Doors) that have buttons in front of them that play unique audio clips of Cave speaking. At the beginning of Chapter 6, you will have to penetrate the 1960s Aperture facility. After flying through the Aperture logo, you will come to an area with a tall elevator. You must use the elevator shaft as a gravity boost to get across a chasm. On one end of the chasm is a platform with three of the Vitrified Doors. Listen to the audio that plays when you hit the buttons in front of each of the sealed doors. Then, play through the level until you reach the 1971-era test facility. When Cave starts talking about testing on hobos, below one of the test spheres and a giant Aperture logo is a room marked “CONTROL ROOM” in yellow lettering. You can use a portal to get high above the Control Room and enter a small office. In the corner of this office is a cabinet with a door behind it. Enter this door to find a secret hallway that leads to a dock (where you get the “Ship Overboard” achievement). The final three Vitrified Doors can be found in this area.
Easy “Final Transmission” achievement
In Chapter 2, Test Chamber 6, carry a radio (which shows up in a clump of garbage after you hit a button) into a window above the chamber. Once you get the radio, backtrack through the level, and place a portal on the pad across from the window. Use the launchers to get through the portal and into the room beyond the window with radio in hand. Once there, carry the radio up to the wall to get the “Final Transmission” achievement.
Easy “No Hard Feelings” achievement
Play through Chapter 5: The Escape until you reach the conveyor belts carrying droids to the incinerator. Use a portal to get onto the conveyor belt, then walk on it until a droid with a working laser beam appears. Pick it up to get the “No Hard Feelings” achievement.
Easy “Overclocker” achievement
Easy “Pit Boss” achievement
At the beginning of Chapter 9, after Wheatley’s Surprise, you will need to use a portal to get away from the platform just as Wheatley sends a bunch of arms to crush you. Instead of continuing to run away on the catwalks, stay nearby. Wheatly will plead with you to come back. Stand at the edge of the pit overlooking his trap, and he will ask you to jump in the pit. Do so to get the “Pit Boss” achievement.
Easy “Portrait Of A Lady” achievement
At the beginning of Chapter 7: The Reunion, while facing the entrance to the 02 room on the catwalks between tests 1971-01 and 1971-02, place a portal on the wall to your right, and look for another pad you can shoot a portal onto through the gate and past the stairs to the left. On the other side of the portal is an office with a large portrait of Cave Johnson and Caroline. Stare at the portrait, and GLadOS will comment on it, and you will get the “Portrait Of A Lady” achievement.
Easy “Preservation Of Mass” achievement
At the end of Chapter 2, Test Chamber 7, shoot a blue portal on the other side of the entrance to the exit of the area. Then, grab the Companion Cube that is depressing the button, and use an orange portal to get the Companion Cube to the exit without it getting disintegrated and get the “Preservation Of Mass” achievement.
Easy “Schrodinger’s Catch” achievement
Play through Chapter 6: The Fall until you reach the 1958-28 room. In this room is a cube trapped in a glass box, with Blue Gel streaming out of a pipe in a corner. Save the game when entering this room so you can retry the puzzle if you fail. You must shoot a portal under the gel and over the crate to coat the cube in goo. The cube will then bounce around until it breaks the glass. Eventually it will break out of the glass. You must catch the cube before it touches the ground to get the “Schrodinger’s Catch” achievement. Stand between the entrance and the gel spout to hopefully catch the cube when it comes flying out.
Easy “Ship Overboard” achievement
Play through Chapter 6: The Fall until you reach the 1971-era test facility. When Cave starts talking about testing on hobos, below one of the test spheres and a giant Aperture logo is a room marked “CONTROL ROOM” in yellow lettering. You can use a portal to get high above the Control Room and enter a small office. In the corner of this office is a cabinet with a door behind it. Enter this door to find a secret hallway that leads to a dock. At the end of the walkway by the docks, you will find an orange life preserver marked “BOREALIS”. Examine this to get the “Ship Overboard” achievement. This is a reference to the Aperture ship Borealis seen at the end of Half-Life 2: Episode 2 .
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select “Community”, “My profile”, “View all my games”, then the game and view stats.
- Air Show: Perform 2 aerial gestures before touching the ground in co-op.
- Asking for Trouble: Taunt GLaDOS in front of a camera in each of the five co-op courses.
- Bridge Building: Complete all test chambers in the Hard-Light Surfaces co-op course.
- Bridge Over Troubling Water: Complete the first Hard Light Bridge test.
- Can’t Touch This: Dance in front of a turret blocked by a hard light bridge in co-op.
- Confidence Building: Complete all test chambers in the Mass and Velocity co-op course.
- Door Prize: Examine all the vitrified test chamber doors.
- Drop Box: Place a cube on a button without touching the cube.
- Dual Pit Experiment: Do the same test twice.
- Empty Gesture: Drop your co-op partner in goo while they are gesturing by removing the bridge under them.
- Final Transmission: Find the hidden signal in one of the Rat Man’s dens.
- Four Ring Circus: Enter 4 different portals without touching the ground in co-op.
- Friends List with Benefits: While playing co-op, hug 3 different people on your friends list.
- Gesticul-8: Perform all 8 gestures of your own volition in co-op.
- Good listener: Take GLaDOS’ escape advice.
- High Five: Celebrate your cooperative calibration success.
- Iron Grip: Never lose a cube in Chamber 6 of the Mass and Velocity co-op course.
- Lunacy: That just happened.
- Narbacular Drop: Place a portal under your co-op partner while they are gesturing.
- No Hard Feelings: Save a turret from redemption.
- Obstacle Building: Complete all test chambers in the Excursion Funnels co-op course.
- Overclocker: Complete Test Chamber 10 in 70 seconds.
- Party of Three: Find the hidden companion cube in co-op test chamber.
- Pit Boss: Show that pit who’s boss.
- Portal Conservation Society: Complete Chamber 3 in the Hard-Light Surfaces co-op course using only 5 total portal placements.
- Portrait of a Lady: Find a hidden portrait.
- Preservation of Mass: Break the rules in Test Chamber 07.
- Professor Portal: After completing co-op, complete Calibration Course online with a friend who hasn’t played before.
- Pturretdactyl: Use an Aerial Faith Plate to launch a turret.
- Rock Portal Scissors: Win 3 co-op games of rock-paper-scissors in a row.
- SaBOTour: Make a break for it.
- Scanned Alone: Stand in a defective turret detector.
- Schrodinger’s Catch: Catch a blue-painted box before it touches the ground.
- Ship Overboard: Discover the missing experiment.
- Smash TV: Break 11 test chamber monitors.
- Stalemate Associate: Press the button!.
- Still Alive: Complete Course 4 with neither you nor your co-op partner dying.
- Stranger Than Friction: Master the Propulsion Gel.
- Talent Show: Never lose a cube in Chamber 6 of the Mobility Gels co-op course.
- Tater Tote: Carry science forward.
- Team Building: Complete all test chambers in the Team Building co-op course.
- The Part Where He Kills You: This is that part.
- Triple Crown: Solve 3 co-op chambers in the Mass and Velocity course in under 60 seconds each.
- Tunnel of Funnel: Master the Excursion Funnel.
- Vertically Unchallenged: Master the Repulsion Gel.
- Wake Up Call: Survive the manual override.
- White Out: Complete the first Conversion Gel test.
- You Made Your Point: Refuse to solve the first test in Chapter 8.
- You Monster: Reunite with GLaDOS.
- You Saved Science: Complete all test chambers in all courses of co-op.