Sea Of Thieves
Becoming a Pirate Legend
To become a Pirate Legend, you must reach Level 50 in all three factions (Merchants Alliance, Goldhoarders, and Order Of Souls). This requires a ton of time to grind quests and voyages to reach Level 50 in all three factions. After reaching Level 50 in all three factions, you will get a new quest with a riddle. The quest is called “Shanty Of Legends”, and the riddle reads: “Through many voyages upon the sea, you searched to find the legends key. Now one last step to pass the tests, to find where Athena’s Fortune rests. Take this tune and make a sound, the secret lies near the ground.” You get a new sea shanty and legend outfit with this clue. Play the shanty in the tavern to open a secret path underground. The hatch leads to a new faction hideout — the Legendary Pirate faction. Instead of normal quests, the Legendary Pirate faction (who is also a spooky ghost) sends you on Legendary voyages. Legendary voyages, so far, are simply eight basic quests strung together instead of three. The Legendary voyage essentially mashes the three current voyages together into one single voyage. At the end, you will find a Legendary chest that contains approximately 4,000 gold. Completing Legendary voyages will earn you reputation in the Legendary Pirate faction. The Legendary Pirate faction vendor currently only sells a ghost costume. At the Ghost Shipwright, there is an option to purchase special equipment, but that just gives you a message that states the legendary content for ships is not yet complete, and no announcement has been made when the faction will be updated.
Finding and defeating the Kraken
There is currently no known guaranteed way to make the Kraken appear, but it seems the chances increase for the Kraken to spawn when there are more players grouped together in a certain area. Thus, trying getting multiple groups together and stock items, then travel into the sea to try to get it to appear. If you see the sea turn black instead of blue, you can actually escape the black sea before you are locked in it and unable to escape from the Kraken. If you choose to fight the Kraken, use the following techniques to defeat it. When you see the tentacles of the Kraken rise, target them one by one. Use cannons and pistols to shoot it. You will defeat the Kraken once you have caused all of its tentacles to retreat back into the sea. One of the most important things to remember when fighting the Kraken is that your ship will probably take a lot of damage. Thus, you need to repair your ship during the middle of the battle. Failing to do this will cause your ship to fall victim to the undertow and you will eventually die. If you see a Kraken that has tentacles with a mouth attached to them, be extra careful. They can grab a hold of you or another player and deal damage. If this happens, an ally needs to damage that tentacle as much as possible until you are free. Make sure to prioritize the tentacles that are near your ship, as those are the ones that are most threatening to you. Once you defeat the Kraken, you will unlock the “Kraken Good Job” achievement. Additionally, there will be improvements made to the Kraken as the game is updated and chances are that it will unlock other rewards.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Bone-Cronch (10 points): Kill a skeleton while it’s ‘cronching’ on a banana.
- A Titanic Ensemble (10 points): Give your ship a Captain’s send-off by playing a song aboard it while it sinks.
- Dead Pirates DO Tell Tales (10 points): Use ‘Pirate Chat’ to communicate with another dead pirate on the Ferry of the Damned.
- Hold My Grog! (50 points): Launch yourself from a ship’s cannon onto a ship.
- I Don’t See Your Ship (20 points): Play a role in the sinking of another crew’s ship.
- Laden With Treasure (20 points): Have 20 chests in your crew’s possession… at the same time!
- On A Whole New Adventure (10 points): Vote for and begin a voyage put forward by one of your crew.
- You Can Always Trust The Untrustworthy (30 points): Cash in a stolen Captain’s chest.
- When You’re A Professional Pirate (20 points): Unlock 10 Commendations.
- Tactical Chunder (20 points): Throw vomit on an opposing pirate while they’re holding a sword.
- Now Bring Me That Horizon (10 points): Set sail for the first time.
- Full Billow (5 points): Be sailing with all sails fully with the wind.
- Handbrake Turn (10 points): With the ship’s wheel fully turned in a direction, drop the anchor.
- I Wanna Be A Pirate! (10 points): Earn enough Reputation to go up a level in a Trading Company for the first time.
- Shopping for a Promotion (5 points): Purchase your first Trading Company Promotion.
- I’ll Drink To That (5 points): Enjoy a tankard of Grog with another crew at an Outpost.
- What Shall We Do with a Drunken Sailor? (10 points): Vomit for the first time.
- #BeMorePirate (5 points): Purchase a new Hook, Pegleg, Eyepatch, and Hat from the Clothing Shop.
- Aye of Reach (5 points): Purchase a new Eye of Reach from the Weaponsmith.
- Blundarrrrbuss (5 points): Purchase a new Blunderbuss from the Weaponsmith.
- Colourful Sails (5 points): Purchase a new ship customisation from the Shipwright.
- You Fight Like A Merchant (10 points): Block an attack, and then hit your opponent within 5 seconds.
- How Appropriate! You Fight Like A Chicken (10 points): Have an attack blocked by an opponent, and then be hit by them within 5 seconds.
- But You Have Heard Of Me? (10 points): Purchase the Promotion at Reputation Level 25 in any Trading Company.
- Self-Entitled (10 points): Own 10 Pirate Titles.
- In Good Company (5 points): Upgrade a Trading Company item to its maximum.
- Did Everyone See That? (10 points): Heavy attack a member of another crew off of their ship.
- Become Pirate Legend (50 points): Become ‘Pirate Legend’.
- Ignoring The Rules Of Engagement (10 points): Kill an opponent from behind with a Blunderbuss.
- Kraken Good Job (15 points): You were victorious in a Kraken encounter and lived to tell the tale!
- Perfect Dark (15 points): Sail through a storm with no lights during the night.
- Friends Not Foe (10 points): Perform the ‘Pirate Salute’ gesture to befriend someone in-game.
- Legends – “Cronch” (5 points): Eat a banana, skin and all.
- Legends – “The Greatest Race In History!” (20 points): Sail in the same direction as a nearby ship without firing shots at each other.
- Legends – “This is Unacceptable!” (25 points): Either give a chest away to another crew or have it stolen from you, and then cashed in.
- Legends – “The Skullduggers” (5 points): Play the same shanty with a band of 5 Pirates.
- It’s A Pirates Life For Me (5 points): Complete a Gold Hoarder voyage.
- Master Gold Hoarder (20 points): Purchase the ‘Master Gold Hoarder’ Promotion in The Gold Hoarder Trading Company.
- Taking Orders (5 points): Complete an Order of Souls voyage.
- Master of the Order (20 points): Purchase the ‘Master of the Order’ Promotion in The Order of Souls Trading Company.
- I Am Not Obsessed With Treasure (5 points): Complete a Merchant Alliance voyage.
- Master Merchant (20 points): Purchase the ‘Master Merchant’ Promotion in The Merchants Alliance Trading Company.
- Seeker of Lost Maps (10 points): Awarded the Commendation for purchasing 250 X Marks the Spot voyages.
- Golden Voyager (20 points): Awarded the Commendation for 500 Gold Hoarder voyages completed!
- Sailor of the Gold Horizon (20 points): Awarded the Commendation for Sailed 1,000 nautical miles on Gold Hoarder voyages!
- Hoarder of Barnacled Gold (15 points): Awarded the Commendation for 1,000 Shipwrecked Chests sold!
- Keeper of a Glittering Hoard (30 points): Awarded the Commendation for 150,000 gold earned from Gold Hoarder voyages!
- Hoarder of the Captain’s Gold (50 points): Awarded the Commendation for 1,000 Captain’s Chests sold!
- Merchant Adventurer (10 points): Awarded the Commendation for purchasing 250 Merchant Alliance contracts!
- Merchant Voyager (20 points): Awarded the Commendation for 500 Merchant Alliance voyages completed!
- Sailor of the Merchant Alliance (20 points): Awarded the Commendation for sailing 1,000 nautical miles on Merchant Alliance voyages!
- Black Powder Merchant (15 points): Awarded the Commendation for 1,000 Gunpowder Kegs delivered on time!
- Merchant Forager (50 points): Awarded the Commendation for 1,000 Banana Crates delivered on time!
- Gilded Merchant (30 points): Awarded the Commendation for 150,000 gold earned from Merchant voyages!
- Seeker of Lost Souls (10 points): Awarded the Commendation for purchasing 250 Cursed Captain Bounty contracts!
- Voyager of Lost Souls (20 points): Awarded the Commendation for 500 Order of Souls voyages complete!
- Sailor of the Whispering Bones (20 points): Awarded the Commendation for Sailed 1,000 nautical miles on Order of Souls voyages!
- Hunter of Cursed Captains (15 points): Awarded the Commendation for 1,000 Skeleton Captains defeated!
- Mercenary of the Ancient Order (30 points): Awarded the Commendation for 150,000 gold earned from Order of Souls voyages!
- Master Hunter Of Villainous Skulls (50 points): Awarded the Commendation for 1,000 Villainous Skulls sold!