The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Perks
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding perk. To rescue survivors, you must keep them safe and complete the campaign with them in your party. The easiest way to keep them safe is by obtaining the vehicle keys and keeping them in the vehicles while you complete missions. Note: You cannot rescue all survivors during the first playthrough. You must start a second playthrough to rescue all survivors.
Assault Rifle/Crossbow: Successfully complete the campaign. You will be able to immediately use both the Assault Rifle and Crossbow when you start a second playthrough.
Bigger Clips: Successfully complete the campaign with Mia in your party. Mia can be found inside the theater in Fontana, reachable by traveling to Pemberton after leaving Sedalia.
Faster Stronger: Successfully complete the campaign with Sheila in your party. Sheila cannot be missed. She is found in Danvers on the main campaign path. She will join at the end of the stop.
Item Boost: Successfully complete the campaign with Svenson in your party. Svenson can be found in Oakview, near the main objective of the stop. You can reach Oakview by traveling to Pemberton, then down the right side of the map after leaving Fontana.
Marksman Boost: Successfully complete the campaign with Harrison in your party. Harrison can be found in Sherwood, which is reachable by first traveling to Pemberton, then Oakview, then Archer Creek. He is found inside one of the early houses.
Melee Boost: Successfully complete the campaign with Jane in your party. Jane can be found in Sherwood, which is reachable by first traveling to Pemberton, then Oakview, then Archer Creek. She is found inside one of the early houses.
Silenced Weapons: Successfully complete the campaign with Blake in your party. Blake can be found in Sedalia, the second area after the tutorial. You will have to choose between Blake and Warren. He is found on the roof of the supermarket.
Stealth Movement: Successfully complete the campaign with Warren in your party. Warren can be found in Sedalia, the second area after the tutorial. You will have to choose between Blake and Warren. He is found at the gas station.
Survivor Success: Successfully complete the campaign with Noah in your party. Noah will first appear in Cleburne at the hospital, and will later appear in one of the stores at Lafferty.
Unlimited Ammo: Unlock all other perks by rescuing all survivors.
All collectible locations
Search the indicated locations to find all posters and stuffed squirrels. Note: You cannot obtain all collectibles during the first playthrough. You must start a second playthrough to obtain all collectibles.
Vehicle key locations
There are a total of four useable vehicles in the game. After collecting the keys to a vehicle, if you die before reaching the next checkpoint, you will have to collect the key again, as they are not saved immediately. Find all four vehicles to get the “No Down Payments” achievement. Note: You cannot get all collectibles in one playthrough. You have to play through the story at least two times. At some points, you can travel in two directions with a vehicle. If you choose one location, you will not be able to visit the other unless you start a new game and replay the areas. All statistics (collectibles, kills, etc.) will carry over if you start a new game at the main menu. Choose all the locations on the right side during your first playthrough, and choose all the ones on the left in your second playthrough.
Storing extra weapons in vehicles
At the mission prep screen, put the weapons you want to store in your inventory. Fill your vehicle with items until there is no room left. Have a survivor equip the weapons from your inventory, then switch the survivor’s weapon back to what they were using before. Look in your vehicle’s inventory, and the weapons from your inventory will be in the vehicle after being equipped by the survivor, even though there was no room available. -From: Shoedle
Easy “BOOM! Who Needs a Headshot?” achievement
Find an area where there are a lot of walkers. Then, get them bunched up together. You can get a bunch of them following you by shooting a gun a few times. Once there is a large crowd of walkers, throw a grenade in the crowd. You should kill at least five walkers and get the “BOOM! Who Needs a Headshot?” achievement.
At the very end of the story in “Firesign Stadium”, you will have to defend a helipad. Next, you will be shooting a machine gun on a humvee that has unlimited ammo. A lot of walkers will attack, and there will be several propane tanks nearby. Shoot one of the white propane tanks for a chance to kill five enemies with one explosion and get the “BOOM! Who Needs a Headshot?” achievement. There are multiple propane tanks nearby — so you have more than one chance to get the achievement. Let the walkers kill you if you need to try again.
Easy “Have A Nice Trip!” achievement
You can do this basically anywhere in the game if you have a gun and some ammo. The earliest chance to do this is in the first area of the game, Cabot Ridge. After the opening cutscene, you will be told to collect some fuel, and on the way you can grab a rifle. Kill all walkers, except for one, and shoot its leg. After a few shots, the walker will fall down to the ground. While it is falling, quickly shoot its head. The kill must be done while the walker is falling, not after it starts crawling, to get the “Have A Nice Trip!” achievement.
Easy “I Used To Be A Human Like You” achievement
Once Daryl obtains the crossbow, find a walker that is not paying attention, and shoot him in the calf. It should hit his knee, and you will get the “I Used To Be A Human Like You” achievement. Note: If you try shooting a walker in the knee, it will probably hit above the knee, which is why you need to aim around the calf to hit the knee.
Easy “It’s Gotta Be The Brain” and “Need More Spots Up Front” achievements
At the very end of the story in “Firesign Stadium”, you will have to defend a helipad. Next, you will be shooting a machine gun on a humvee that has unlimited ammo. While the walkers are attacking, shoot the legs, arms, then heads of all walkers. Once you finish the level, select “Continue” at the main menu, and repeat this process until you get the “It’s Gotta Be The Brain” and “Need More Spots Up Front” achievements. -From: Dustin Hagler
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select “Community”, “My profile”, “View all my games”, then the game and view stats.
- Oedipal Complex: Complete the First Location.
- Sorry, Brother: Complete the First Act.
- Nobody Can Kill Merle but Merle: Complete the Second Act.
- Moving to the ‘Burbs: Complete the Third Act.
- Get Out of Dodge: Complete the Final Marked Destination on the Map.
- Been Everywhere: Complete All Marked Destinations on the Map.
- On the Road Again: Explore an Unmarked Travel Location.
- Zig-Zagging All Over the Road: Explore 25 Unmarked Travel Locations.
- That’s a Nice Swing You’ve Got: Kill Walkers Using Every Melee Weapon.
- They Know Me at the Range: Kill Walkers Using Every Ranged Weapon.
- Crash Course in Brain Surgery: Kill 100 Walkers while Grappling.
- Need More Spots Up Front: Dismember 250 Limbs.
- Now Don’t You Get Bit!: Prevent 50 Walkers from Grabbing You.
- We Survive by Pulling Together: Recruit 1 Optional Survivor.
- Every Man, Woman and Child: Choose to Travel at Least Once with Every Optional Survivor.
- No Down Payments: Find Every Useable Vehicle.
- The Missing 8: Find Every Poster.
- No Stone Left Unturned: Collect Every Stuffed Squirrel.
- You Go Your Way, I’ll Go Mine: Dismiss a Survivor.
- Good Samaritan: Complete 25 Optional Objectives.
- Not a Scratch: Complete a Marked Destination on the Map without Taking Any Damage.
- They’re People, Too!: Complete a Marked Destination on the Map without Killing a Walker.
- You’re Just Not My Type: Complete a Marked Destination on the Map without Being Grabbed by a Walker.
- I Can Handle This Myself: Enter Sherwood Without Any Survivors.
- Say Hello to My Little Friend: Complete a Marked Map Destination Using Only Firearms.
- True Dixon: Complete a Marked Destination on the Map Using Only the Crossbow.
- Sneak Attack: Perform Execution Kills on 50 Walkers.
- This Is How Hot Dogs Are Made: 10 Walkers Killed with Saw Blades in the Logging Camp.
- It’s Gotta Be the Brain: Dismember All Limbs of 25 Walkers.
- BOOM! Who Needs a Headshot?: Kill 5 Walkers with One Explosion.
- Two Heads Are Better Than One: Kill Multiple Walkers with One Bullet.
- Group Hug: Kill 4 Walkers in a Single Grapple Sequence.
- Have a Nice Trip!: Kill a Walker That Is Falling Due to Dismemberment.
- Mind if I Borrow This?: Pull a Bolt From a Walker Then Kill Them With It.
- Need a Hand?: Prevent a Walker from Damaging You by Severing Its Attacking Limb.
- Ooh, Shiny!: Distract 50 Walkers with Items.
- That Looks Like It Hurt: Restore Survivors 25 Times.
- Extreme Conditioning: Sprint Until You’re Exhausted 10 Times in One Level.
- It’s Not Venison, but It’ll Do: Consume 50 MREs.
- Still Not Buying a Hybrid: Consume 250 Fuel.
- Duct Tape Can Fix Anything: Survive 5 Breakdowns.
- Next Step: Bullet Belt: Fire 300 Bullets.
- Down to My Last: Complete the Game with Only 1 Firearm and 1 Bullet Left in Your Inventory.
- Porcupine: Shoot a Walker with 10 Bolts without Killing It.
- I Used to Be a Human Like You: Shoot a Walker in the Knee with a Bolt.
- Guys Night Out: Arrive at Final Destination with Only Male Survivors.
- Rosie the Rampager: Arrive at Final Destination with Only Female Survivors.
- Stay Together, Stay Safe: 5 Survivors Were Killed While Scavenging.
- The Hunted Becomes the Hunter: Killed 5 Walkers in the Cabot Ridge Creek Bed.
- You’re Doing It Wrong: Perished 13 Times.