Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "settings.txt" file in the "C:/Users/[user name]/My Games/Runic Games/Torchlight 2/Save/[number]" directory. Look for the following line:
and change it to:
While playing the game, press [Insert] to display the console window. Then, type one of the following codes and press [Enter] to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: Enabling a code could get your account separated from unmodified versions of Torchlight 2. Some may mark you as a suspicious player.
|List all console commands||help|
|Toggle God mode||god|
|Toggle God and Speed mode||godspeed|
|Toggle additional speed for player||speed|
|Toggle combat log||combatlog|
|Toggle monster AI||aifreeze|
|Toggle player's pet||disablepet|
|Increase experience to next level||levelup|
|List all belts||belt|
|List all boots||boots|
|List all chest armor||chest armor|
|List all fish||fish|
|List all gems||socketable|
|List all gloves||gloves|
|List all helmets||helmet|
|List all potions||potion|
|List all scrolls||scroll|
|List all shoulder armor||shoulder armor|
|List all spells||spell|
|List all trinkets||trinket|
|List all weapons||weapon|
|Gain no more experience||noxp|
|Gain amount in all stats||allstats [number]|
|Gain skill amount||skill [skill name]/[number]|
|Gain statpoints||statpoints [number]|
|Gain money||money [number]|
|Spawn class||spawnclass [spawnclass name], [count], [level]|
|List all spawn classes||spawnclass|
|Spawn item in indicated index slot||item [index slot number],[amount]|
|Go down a floor||ascend|
|Go up a floor||descend|
|Identify all items in the inventory, excluding pet's inventory||identifyall|
|Kill all monsters||killall|
|List all quests||quests|
|Monsters ignore player||playernotarget|
|Player always gets critical hits||alwayscrit|
|Reset pet's level to 1||resetpetlevel|
|Reset player's skills||resetskills|
|Reset player's statpoints||resetstats|
|Reset player's level to 1||resetplayerlevel|
|Reset player's level, skills, and stats||resetplayer|
|Restart current level||restartlevel|
|Return to room player is currently in||room|
|Set quest as completed||questcomplete|
|Set quest to active||questactive|
|Set camera distance||cameradistance [multiplier number]|
|Set game difficulty||setdifficulty [number]|
|Set pet level||setpetlevel [number]|
|Set amount of Fame||fame [number]|
|Set amount of skill points||skill points [number]|
|Set amount of Strength||strength [number]|
|Set amount of Dexterity||dexterity [number]|
|Set amount of Magic||magic [number]|
|Set amount of defense||defence [number]|
|Set time of day||settime [time]|
|Set timescale for time of day||settimescale [scale]|
|Spawn a stash nearby||stash|
|Spawn a shared stash at unknown location||shared stash|
|View frame rate||fps|
|Display current difficulty||difficulty|
|Clear console window history||cls|
|Add a friend by username or e-mail||addfriendbyuser|
Scattered throughout the game are hidden "Robot Part" quest items. They are all located inside dungeons. Once you find the first Robot Part, a side quest called "Robot Parts" will begin. The five robot parts are located in the following locations:
Widow's Veil (Crow's Pass): Light all the unlit braziers throughout the dungeon to unlock a secret room containing the first part; the Robotic Drum.
Tower Of The Moon (Ossean Wastes): Hit each of the gongs throughout the dungeon to unlock a secret area containing the Robotic Arm.
Brood Hive (Salt Barrens): Reach the last floor of the dungeon, then crush all the roach eggs to unlock a secret area containing the Robotic Pipes.
Abandoned Sawmill (Blightbogs): Remove the skeletons stuck to the walls to unlock a secret area containing the Robotic Body.
Cacklespit's Realm (Sundered Battlefield): To reach Cacklespit's Realm, you must first complete a quest to find a bell in the Marshlands. Place the bell, and complete the side quest to unlock Cacklespit's Realm. In this dungeon, destroy three tree stumps to unlock a secret area containing the Robot Head.
Note: The robot parts cannot be returned to the Professor until The Broken Mines are open through the main questline in Act 4. Return to the Zeryphesh in Act 2, and take the five robot parts to Professor Stoker. He will construct the Trillbot-4000, a secret quest-giver and returning character from the original Torchlight. Speak with him to unlock new dungeons, and quests to fight tough bosses.Borderlands Easter Egg
You can find a hidden CL4P-TP (Claptrap) from Borderlands in Bloatfang's area in Act 3: "Some Assembly Required". Defeat the Bloatfang, then go to the ledge where the Automaton Power Source and chest are located. Follow the path leading south and west around the Boss area. At the southern part of the level, you can find a CL4P-TP between some rocks. He will congratulate you for defeating Bloatfang and give you Claptrap's Bolt (Armor/Trinkets: Increase charge rate by 10%, Weapon: Conveys 5% chance to Shock for 5 seconds, item Level 32).Minecraft Easter Egg
During Act 3, continue doing quests until you are told to go to the Sundered Battlefield. In the battlefields, go to the very top northern edge of the map. Near the tip, you should find the entrance to the "Notch's Mine" dungeon. Notch is the handle of Markus Persson, a co-founder of Mojang and one of the original developers of Minecraft. Inside this very small dungeon, you will find some evil Creepers — infamous Minecraft enemies that hide in the shadows and explode when they get close. At the end of the dungeon, there is a treasure chest with a very unique weapon inside called the Iron Sword. The sword does 297 damage per second and is Level 42.Resident Evil 4 reference
An early vendor resembles the stranger from Resident Evil 4, opening his jacket to reveal his wares in a similar manner.The Goonies Easter Egg
Early in the game, you can find a dungeon called Plunder Cove. You can access the area after finding a Lantern in the Temple Steppes. It is a reference to The Goonies movie. Inside you can find the body of "Chester Cobblepot" who will drop a unique item called "One Eyed Willy's Other Eye".The Silence Of The Lambs Easter Egg
In the Frosted Hills, you can find a special dungeon full of Bandits. Inside you can find a bucket attached to a rope near the hole. Clicking it will prompt you to "Put the lotion in the bucket." If you find the lotion nearby and click on the bucket again, you will discover "Buffalo Bill's Hide Mask". This is a reference to the serial killer in The Silence Of The Lambs movie who would cut off women's skin to wear.The Thing Easter Egg
In the Frosted Hills, you can find a special dungeon that pays homage to John Carpenter's The Thing movie. Inside, you will find a book with notes from Blair, a character in the film. Later, you will find a boss in the form of a transforming Netherfiend, a reference to the movie where the alien would take the shape of the humans it killed. You will also get a key to the Kennel, with more wolves inside that also turn into Netherfiends, a reference to the transforming monster dog in the movie. Additionally, you can find a special weapon at the end called "Macready's Shotgun", a reference to Kurt Russell's character.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- A New Trick: Teach a pet a spell.
- Apprentice Baiter: Fish 10 times.
- Arachnothanatology: Defeat the Winter Widow.
- Breaker: Break 100 breakables.
- Bull In A China Shop: Break 10,000 breakables.
- Butterfly: Have 50 friends.
- Cartophile: Use 100 maps.
- Casuality: Defeat the Nether King in Casual difficulty.
- Casually Hardcore: Defeat the Nether King in hardcore mode (casual).
- Century Mark: Reach level 100.
- Champ Battler: Defeat 25 champions.
- Champ Master: Defeat 100 champions.
- Champ Overlord: Defeat 500 champions.
- Chest Nut: Open 500 chests.
- Classist: Defeat the Nether King with each of the 4 classes.
- Continuing Education: Learn 4 spells.
- Critter Crusher: Squish 1000 critters.
- De-Aleera-ious: Defeat Aleera.
- DEAD THINGS!: Defeat One-Eyed Willy.
- Destructor: Break 1,000 breakables.
- Ding Dong: Defeat Cacklespit.
- Dragon Slayer: Defeat Vyrax.
- Elitist: Defeat the Nether King in Elite difficulty.
- Emancipator: Defeat Kidrik the Mauler.
- Enchanted: Use an enchanter 10 times.
- Ezrek Gone: Defeat Ezrek Khan.
- Fair Verona: Defeat Verona.
- Fetch A Fair Price: Send your pet to town.
- Flyswatter: Defeat Bloatfang.
- For A Rainy Day: Have 100,000 gold.
- Friendly: Add a friend.
- From The Pit: Defeat Mordrox.
- From The Top: Begin new game plus.
- Gambling Enthusiast: Purchase 20 items from the gambler.
- Gambling Fiend: Purchase 100 items from the gambler.
- Gambling Professional: Purchase 50 items from the gambler.
- Gem Hoarding: Recover 100 gems from items.
- Gem Preservation: Recover 10 gems from items.
- Gem Recovery: Recover a gem from an item.
- Get This Party Started: Start a multiplayer game.
- Ghost Buster: Defeat Thiss.
- Gib Aficionado: Explode 1,000 enemies.
- Gib Tycoon: Explode 10,000 enemies.
- Gibster: Explode 100 enemies.
- Globe-trotter: Take 100,000 steps.
- Goodbye Cruel World: Die with a hardcore character.
- Gooey Soles: Squish 100 critters.
- Grand Regicide: Defeat Grand Regent Eldrayn.
- Guzzler: Use 5,000 potions.
- Hardcore: Start a hardcore character.
- Hardcore Veteran: Defeat the Nether King in hardcore mode (veteran).
- Having A Blast: Fish using dynamite.
- Hypercritical: Deal 100,000 critical strikes.
- I Know a Secret: Find a secret room.
- Ice Breaker: Destroy 100 socketed gems.
- In Service of Secrets: Find 10 secret rooms.
- In Your World: Join a multiplayer game.
- Journeyman Fisher: Fish 100 times.
- Killbot・Killed: Defeat Killbot.
- Lizard Breaker: Defeat Aruk.
- Manticore: Defeat the Manticore.
- Map Enthusiast: Use 10 maps.
- Marishkabob: Defeat Marishka.
- Massive Crits: Deal 10,000 critical strikes.
- Master Angler: Fish 1,000 times.
- Mission Accomplished: Defeat the Dark Alchemist.
- Mod Maniac: Play a game using 5 mods.
- Mod Squad: Install a mod.
- Modpocalypse: Play a game using 10 mods.
- Mushroom Picking: Defeat Boletus Rex.
- Nest Egg: Have 1,000,000 gold.
- No More Secrets: Find 100 secret rooms.
- Normalized: Defeat the Nether King in Normal difficulty.
- Normally Hardcore: Defeat the Nether King in hardcore mode (normal).
- Overpower: Do 10,000 damage with a single attack.
- Peddler: Sell 500 items.
- Performance Enhancer: Use an enchanter 500 times.
- Pet Savant: Teach a pet 4 spells.
- Pinned to the Mist: Defeat the Wraith Lord.
- Playing With Dolls: Defeat the Ancient Rag Doll.
- Plunderer: Open 100 chests.
- Pogg Slammed: Defeat King Pogg.
- Quaffer: Use 50 potions.
- Revolt Against Artifice: Defeat the Artificer.
- Rock Crusher: Destroy 10 socketed gems.
- Self Improvement: Use an enchanter 50 times.
- Siege Breaker: Defeat the Siege Guardian.
- Skill Devotee: Obtain a tier 2 skill bonus.
- Skill Enthusiast: Obtain a tier 1 skill bonus.
- Skill Master: Obtain a tier 3 skill bonus.
- Socializer: Have 10 friends.
- Socketeer: Socket a gem into an item.
- Spectacular Find: Find a legendary item.
- Spellcaster: Learn a spell.
- Squish Gallop: Squish 500 critters.
- Stepping Out: Take 10,000 steps.
- Stone Smasher: Destroy a socketed gem.
- The Band Played On: Assemble TrillBot.
- The Big Chillhoof: Defeat Chillhoof.
- The Blingbearer: Socket 500 gems into items.
- The Fall of the Wild: Defeat the Grizzled Alpha.
- The Felled Guardian: Defeat the Fallen Guardian.
- The King is Dead: Defeat the Nether King.
- The One Percent: Have 10,000,000 gold.
- Thinking Critically: Deal 1,000 critical strikes.
- Tippler: Use 500 potions.
- Trader: Trade an item with another player.
- Trash Magnate: Sell 50,000 items.
- Treasure Hunter: Open 20 chests.
- True Berserker: Defeat the Nether King as a Berserker.
- True Embermage: Defeat the Nether King as an Embermage.
- True Engineer: Defeat the Nether King as an Engineer.
- True Outlander: Defeat the Nether King as an Outlander.
- Twinkle Twinkle Bobba: Socket 50 gems into items.
- Unmasked: Defeat the King In Masks.
- Unstoppable: Defeat the Nether King in hardcore mode (elite).
- Vendor: Sell 5,000 items.
- Veterenated: Defeat the Nether King in Veteran difficulty.
- Wanderer: Take 50,000 steps.
- Well Dressed: Wear a completed armor set.
- When Grell Fell: Defeat General Grell.
- Who's Your Friend: Defeat the Manticore's Mate.
- X Marks The Spot: Use a map.