Shinra boxes reappear after loading your game. Thus, break the boxes and save your game after collecting the items from the boxes, such as potions, phoenix downs, and Moogle medals. Then, reload the saved game and break the boxes again. Repeat this trick as many times as desired. A good place to do this at is the "rest area" right before the Air Buster boss fight in the Sector 5 reactor with the bench and vending machine. The Shinra crates can easily be farmed in this area to get lots of items and medals.Hard mode
Successfully complete all chapters on any difficulty to unlock the Hard difficulty. In Hard mode, all enemies are stronger, items cannot be used, and MP is not restored at rest points (only HP will). The Shinra Battle Simulator in Chapter 16 and 17 will also get new challenges.Secondary Limit Breaks
In Chapter 9, you will encounter the Coliseum, which allows you to complete optional fights for rewards. Complete all the story related content at the Coliseum to unlock the ability to play through free fight and unlock extra Limit Breaks. In the Coliseum, there will be certain fights labeled "Cloud vs.", "Tifa vs.", "Barret vs.", and "Aeris vs.". These are fights where you have to play as only one playable character. Complete these battles to earn that character's secondary Limit Break. There is one for each character, and once you are able to complete the Coliseum fights in Chapter 9 and beyond, you will be able to unlock these abilities.All weapon locations and abilities
Search the indicated locations to find all 24 weapons and abilities in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. After getting a new weapon, you must equip it and use its unique ability through the command menu (during combat) to level up its proficiency. Get 100% proficiency with all 24 weapons to get the "Weapons Expert" trophy. You can view your proficiency and the weapon skill in the equipment menu. Nothing is missable, as you can return to every area using Chapter Select after the story. Most weapons are unlocked automatically, but some are quest rewards, some are bought from merchants, and one is stolen from a boss.
Iron Blade: In Chapter 3 (A Job For The Neighborhood Watch), it is automatically unlocked while completing the story.
Nail Bat: In Chapter 8 (Kids On Patrol), complete the side quest found in Sectors 5 Slums (Center District).
Hardedge: In Chapter 9 (To Corneo's Mansion), it is sold at the weapon store in the Sectors 6 Slums (Wall Market). It costs 2,000 gil. Its proficiency is Infinity's End.
Mythril Saber: In Chapter 14, it is sold at the weapon store in the Sector 6 Slums (Evergreen Park). It costs 3,000 gil. Its proficiency is Blade Burst.
Twin Stinger: In Chapter 17 (Find The Others), it is found in a chest in Sector 0 – Shinra Power Company (The Drum – Level 3). In the First Ward – Training Area, the doors will close behind you after leaving a room. The chest is directly to your left, before going up the stairs.
Light Machine Gun: In Chapter 6 (To The Cargo Platform), it is automatically unlocked while completing the story.
Big Bertha: In Chapter 13 (Checking On Friends), it is sold at the weapon store in the Sector 6 Slums (Evergreen Park). It costs 2,500 gil. Its proficiency is Maximum Fury.
Wrecking Ball: In Chapter 14 (Subterranean Menace), complete the side quest found in the Sector 6 Slums (Evergreen Park).
Steel Pincers: In Chapter 14, it is sold at the Moogle Emporium in the Sector 5 Slums (Children's Secret Hideout). It costs 7 Moogle Medals. Its proficiency is Charging Uppercut.
EKG Cannon: In Chapter 16 (A Helping Hand), it is sold by Hart in Sector 0 – Shinra Power Company (62F Upper Level – Corporate Archives). He can be found in the Mayor's Office. It costs 10,000 gil.
Metal Knuckles: In Chapter 5 (Secret Passageway), defeat the Crab Warden boss to get it.
Sonic Strikers: In Chapter 7 (Sentenced To Death), it is found in a chest in Mako Reactor 5 (B5).
Feathered Gloves: In Chapter 10 (Follow The Waterway), it is found in a chest in Sector 6 Sewers (Aquaduct 1). After lowering the water, go down and under the raised gate to find this chest.
Mythril Claws: In Chapter 13 (Finding Wedge), defeat the Appendage boss to get it.
Purple Pain: In Chapter 16 (Acquiring The Keycard), it is found in a chest in Sector 0 – Shinra Power Company (1F – Entrance). This chest is well hidden. Climb onto the truck hood in the lobby, jump onto the structure behind the display, and follow the hidden path to reach this chest.
Silver Staff: In Chapter 8, it is sold at the Moogle Emporium in the Sector 5 Slums (Children's Secret Hideout). It costs 2 Moogle Medals.
Arcane Scepter: In Chapter 9 (A Dynamite Body/Shears' Counterattack), complete either side quest found in the Sector 6 Slums (S7-6 Road).
Mythril Rod: In Chapter 11 (Someone's There), it is found in a chest in the Train Graveyard (Old Sector 7 Station – Switchyard). Go through the old train cars to find an optional alcove.
Bladed Staff: In Chapter 11 (Back Amongst Friends), use steal on the Eligor boss in the Train Graveyard (Old Sector 7 Station - Switchyard).
Reinforced Staff: In Chapter 17 (A Way Out), it is found in a chest in Sector 0 – Shinra Power Company (65F – Hojo's Lab). The chest is in the break room, in the Specimen Enclosure area.
- 1. Buster Sword (Cloud) - 0:05
- 2. Gatling Gun (Barret) - 0:05
- 3. Leather Gloves (Tifa) - 0:05
- 4. Iron Blade (Cloud) - 0:27
- 5. Metal Knuckles (Tifa) - 0:54
- 6. Light Machine Gun (Barret) - 1:10
- 7. Sonic Strikers (Tifa) - 1:24
- 8. Guard Stick (Aerith) - 1:49
- 9. Silver Staff (Aerith) - 1:56
- 10. Nail Bat (Cloud) - 2:21
- 11. Hardedge (Cloud) - 2:42
- 12. Arcane Scepter (Aerith) - 3:11
- 13. Feathered Gloves (Tifa) - 3:39
- 14. Mythril Rod (Aerith) - 4:19
- 15. Bladed Staff (Aerith) - 4:53
- 16. Big Bertha (Barret) - 5:11
- 17. Mythril Claws (Tifa) - 5:32
- 18. Wrecking Ball (Barret) - 5:47
- 19. Steel Pincers (Barret) - 6:11
- 20. Mythril Saber (Cloud) - 6:34
- 21. Purple Pain (Tifa) - 6:57
- 22. EKG Cannon (Barret) - 7:42
- 23. Reinforced Staff (Aerith) - 8:22
- 24. Twin Stinger (Cloud) - 8:47
Search the indicated locations to find all 31 Music Discs in Final Fantasy VII Remake. The video shows all Music Disc locations in chronological story order. Nothing is missable, as you can return to every area using Chapter Select after the story. In Chapter Select, it will also display how many Music Discs you are missing in each chapter. Each Music CD has a unique number assigned to it. You can view them under Pause Menu -- Inventory -- Music Collection. When you know the number you are missing, simply check on the list below to immediately jump to that collectible. Most Music Discs are bought from Vending Machines and Merchants. Some are given by NPCs and one is from a dancining mini-game.
- 1. Music Disc 03: Tifa's Theme - 0:05
- 2. Music Disc 27: Hip Hop de Chocobo - 0:24
- 3. Music Disc 01: Prelude - 0:54
- 4. Music Disc 04: Barret's Theme - 1:24
- 5. Music Disc 28: Stamp - 1:46
- 6. Music Disc 18: Electric de Chocobo - 2:17
- 7. Music Disc 02: Bombing Mission - 3:11
- 8. Music Disc 21: Cait Sith's Theme - 3:35
- 9. Music Disc 25: Tango of Tears - 3:58
- 10. Music Disc 19: Costa Del Sol - 4:20
- 11. Music Disc 20: Gold Saucer - 4:42
- 12. Music Disc 22: Cosmo Canyon - 5:02
- 13. Music Disc 10: Honeybee Inn - 5:21
- 14. Music Disc 17: Farm Boy - 5:47
- 15. Music Disc 08: Under the Rotting Pizza - 6:16
- 16. Music Disc 29: The Midgar Blues - 6:41
- 17. Music Disc 26: Let the Battles Begin - 7:22
- 18. Music Disc 11: Don of the Slums - 8:54
- 19. Music Disc 09: The Opressed - 9:18
- 20. Music Disc 06: Let the Battles Begin! - 9:35
- 21. Music Disc 15: On Our Way - 9:57
- 22. Music Disc 14: Main Theme of FFVII - 10:18
- 23. Music Disc 23: Descendant of Shinobi - 10:39
- 24. Music Disc 07: The Turk's Theme - 11:01
- 25. Music Disc 16: Good Night, Until Tomorrow - 11:26
- 26. Music Disc 12: Fight On! - 12:00
- 27. Music Disc 30: Stand Up - 12:25
- 28. Music Disc 24: Wutai - 12:55
- 29. Music Disc 13: The Case - 13:16
- 30. Music Disc 05: Lurking in the Darkness - 13:34
- 31. Music Disc 31: Scarlet's Theme - 13:54
Complete the indicated tasks to encounter all five Johnny Incidents in FF7 Remake and get "The Johnny Experience" trophy. They involve side quests and events that have to do with a character called Johnny. You first automatically encounter him in Chapter 3. The next four encounters are all semi-missable, meaning if you miss them, you have to replay the entire chapters they appear in through chapter select (unlocked after story).
1. [0:05] - Chapter 3: Automatic from story, unmissable.
2. [1:04] - Chapter 9: When you reach Wall Market, on your way to Corneo's mansion, Johnny will run away from you (purple Discovery Event). Catch up to him and select the "Yeah" dialogue option.
3 [2:33] - Chapter 9: Successfully complete "The Party Never Stops" side quest. The required Chapter 9 choices to unlock this side quest are as follows:
Sam Dialogue (Chocobo Cowboy): When describing Tifa to him, select "She's in great Shape".
In Wall Market, complete the Johnny Discovery Event (where he runs away from you). After catching him, select his first dialogue "Yeah".
In Wall Market, talk to the guy standing in front of the hotel, select the "How much?" dialogue option.
In Wall Market, talk to the hotel receptionist, and select the "Yes" dialogue option.
After this, go to the next main objective at Corneo's mansion where you meet the Trio.
When Sam does the coin flip, select the "No deal." dialogue option.
Select the cheapest massage: "Poor Man's Course – 100G".
When Aerith asks how you like her outfit, select the "It's alright" dialogue option.
Complete "The Underground Colosseum" main objective.
4. [4:08] - Chapter 14: Successfully complete the "Tomboy Bandit" side quest. It is given to you by Johnny at the Train Station.
5. [5:33] - Chapter 14: Return to Johnny at the Train Station -- he will be marked as a purple Discovery Event. Complete this to get "The Johnny Experience" trophy.
In Final Fantasy VII Remake, there is a Manuscript collectible that gives one of the four party members 10 SP that can be used to upgrade their weapons. On the Classic, Normal, and Medium difficulty, there are only three Manuscripts for each character to collect, but in Hard mode, there are a total of fourteen for each character. Each manuscript has a title that corresponds to that character: Cloud: The Art Of Swordplay, Tifa: Way Of The Fist, Barret: Sharpshooter's Companion, and Aerith: Telluric Scriptures. Collecting a Hard mode Manuscript will unlock Weapon Level 6 for that character, which will give them many new skills to unlock. Particularly the "Reprieve" skill will keep that character from dying with 1 HP once per battle, which is very useful in Hard mode. Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Manuscript.
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. I: Purchase at the Moogle Emporium for 5 Moogle Medals (Chapters 8 or 14, any difficulty).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. II: Successfully complete Barret Vs. Shinra Thugs in the Corneo Colosseum (Chapter 14, any difficulty).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. III: Successfully complete the "Power Of Music" side quest (Chapter 14, any difficulty).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. IV: Defeat the Scorpion Sentinel (Chapter 1, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. IX: Defeat the Tonberry in the "Malicious Goons" side quest (Chapter 14, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. V: Defeat the Crab Warden (Chapter 5, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. VI: Defeat the Airbuster (Chapter 7, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. VII: Defeat Rude and Reno (Chapter 12, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. VIII: Defeat the Failed Experiment (Chapter 13, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. X: Defeat the Type-0 Behemoth in the "Subterranean Menace" side quest (Chapter 14, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. XI: Defeat the Rust Drake in the "Chocobo Search" side quest (Chapter 14, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. XII: Defeat the Valkyrie (Chapter 15, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. XIII: Successfully complete Barret vs. 3-C SOLDIER Candidates in the Shinra Combat Simulator (Chapter 17, Hard mode).
- Sharpshooter's Companion Vol. XIV: Defeat the Whisper Harbinger (Chapter 18, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. I: Purchase at the Moogle Emporium for 5 Moogle Medals (Chapters 8 or 14, any difficulty).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. II: Successfully complete Aerith Vs. Shinra Thugs in the Corneo Colosseum (Chapter 9, any difficulty).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. III: Successfully complete the "Secret Medicine" side quest (Chapter 14, any difficulty).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. IV: Defeat Rude (Chapter 8, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. IX: Defeat the Hell House (Chapter 9, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. V: Defeat the Mark II Monodrives in the "Weapons On A Rampage" side quest (Chapter 8, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. VI: Defeat the Hedgehog Pie King in the "Kids On Patrol" side quest (Chapter 8, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. VII: Defeat the Chromogger in the "Angel Of The Slums" side quest (Chapter 8, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. VIII: Defeat the Venomantis in the "Paying Respects" side quest (Chapter 8, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. X: Defeat the Ghoul (Chapter 11, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. XI: Successfully complete Aerith vs 3-C SOLDIER Candidates in the Shinra Combat Simulator (Chapter 17, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. XII: Defeat the Swordipede (Chapter 17, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. XIII: Defeat The Arsenal (Chapter 17, Hard mode).
- Telluric Scriptures Vol. XIV: Defeat Sephiroth (Chapter 18, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. I: Purchase at the Moogle Emporium for 5 Moogle Medals (Chapters 8 or 14, any difficulty).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. II: Successfully complete Cloud vs. Shinra Thugs in the Corneo Colosseum (Chapters 9 or 14, any difficulty).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. III: Successfully complete the "Corneo's Secret Stash" side quest (Chapter 14, any difficulty).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. IV: Defeat the Huntsman (Chapter 2, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. IX: Defeat the Jury-Rigged Cutter in the "Shear's Counterattack" side quest (Chapter 9, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. V: Defeat the Doomrats in the "Rat Problem" side quest (Chapter 3, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. VI: Defeat Roche in Sector 7-6 Annex (Chapter 4, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. VII: Defeat Reno (Chapter 8, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. VIII: Defeat the bandits in "The Price Of Thievery" side quest (Chapter 9, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. X: Defeat the Bombs in the "A Dynamite Body" side quest (Chapter 9, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. XI: Defeat the Hellhound in the "Tomboy Bandit" side quest (Chapter 14, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. XII: Defeat Specimen H0512 (Chapter 16, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. XIII: Successfully complete Cloud vs. 3-C SOLDIER Candidates in the Shinra Combat Simulator (Chapter 17, Hard mode).
- The Art Of Swordplay Vol. XIV: Defeat Rufus (Chapter 17, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. I: Purchase at the Moogle Emporium for 5 Moogle Medals (Chapters 8 or 14, any difficulty).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. II: Successfully complete Tifa vs. Shinra Thugs in the Corneo Colosseum (Chapter 14, any difficulty).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. III: Successfully complete the "Wavering Heart" side quest (Chapter 14, any difficulty).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. IV: Defeat the Wrath Hound in the "On The Prowl" side quest (Chapter 3, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. IX: Defeat Abzu (Chapter 14, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. V: Defeat the Enigmatic Spectre (Chapter 4, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. VI: In a chest in the same location as the Chocobo and Moogle Summon Materia (Chapter 6, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. VII: Defeat Abzu (Chapter 10, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. VIII: Defeat Eligor (Chapter 11, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. X: Defeat the Phantoms in the "Missing Children" side quest (Chapter 14, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. XI: Defeat the Trypapolis in the "Chocobo Search" side quest (Chapter 14, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. XII: Defeat the Sahagin Prince in the "Corneo's Secret Stash" side quest (Chapter 14, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. XIII: Successfully complete Tifa vs. 3-C SOLDIER Candidates in the Shinra Combat Simulator (Chapter 17, Hard mode).
- Way Of The Fist Vol. XIV: Defeat JENOVA Dreamweaver (Chapter 17, Hard mode).
The Bike sequence takes place at the start of Chapter 4 and lasts approximately 10 minutes. First, you drive in a tunnel where some enemies on bikes and drones attack you. You can accelerate with R2 and slow down with L2. Drive up to the enemies and attack with Square or use your special Triangle ability for a strong attack (takes time to recharge). Press L1 + Triangle to do a long-range shooting attack, which is great against enemies that are far away from you (kills drones in one hit). After exiting the tunnel, you will be chased by Roche, the Bike boss in this mini-game. He is the only tricky part and on the first playthrough, you will likely fall below the trophy required health threshold because of him. He switches between a flurry of multiple ranged attacks (block with L1) and a single heavy ranged attack (evade by driving to the side). Halfway through the fight, he will drive on the side of the walls and summon electricity (evade by driving a slalom left and right). After he has done a few ranged attacks, he will slow down and you can damage him -- use the Triangle attack and press Square to perform some hits. Try to get as much damage in as possible. When he is about to use a melee bike slam, drive sideways so it does not hit you if you are far enough away. On the first playthrough of the chapter, you will probably miss this trophy. Either keep a save game at the end of Chapter 3 so you can reload and repeat immediately, or do it through Chapter Select after the story.Easy "Crate Annihilator" trophy
First, complete the "Kids On Patrol" and "A Verified Hero" side quests in Chapter 8. In the "A Verified Hero" side quest, you get to play Whack-A-Box. This can be repeated after the side quest as many times as desired. To get the "Crate Annihilator" trophy, you must beat the high score of 30,000 points. It is only one challenge, not multiple. This challenge consists of smashing some boxes within a time limit. There are three colors of boxes: Yellow is for points only, Blue is for points + ATB gauge, Red is for bonus time. The basic strategy for reaching 30,000 is that you must reach as many red time blocks as possible and not get stuck trying to clear all boxes in one area. The only two attacks you are going to use are holding Square for a circular sword slash (destroys yellow boxes in one hit, blue boxes in two hits), and the "Triple Slash" ability of the Iron Blade sword. Make sure to equip the Iron Blade weapon for Cloud, as it has the "Triple Slash" ability. Use Triple Slash twice on those large 1,500 point boxes that are blocking your way. Two uses are enough to destroy them, which is the fastest method. From the 1,500 point boxes, only destroy those that are mandatory to advance, they take too long and give too few points -- so do not get stuck with them. What you must do is connect the path from one red time box to the next as quick as possible, doing a few Square sword slashes where lots of boxes are close together, but not slowing down to destroy small numbers of boxes. Ignore all 1,500 point boxes except those mandatory to advance.Easy "Dancing Queen" trophy
After Aerith has changed into a new dress in Chapter 9 (during the "Aerith's Plan" objective, she will take you to Honeybee Inn where you are supposed to get the approval of Andrea to audition for Don Corneo. There will be a forced dancing mini-game. The dancing tutorial does not matter, but it does give a Music CD collectible if you get 10x "Great" rating. For this trophy, only the main dance with Andrea matters. It goes on for about three minutes. All you do is press the buttons shown on screen when they start to glow (a hexagon around the button will narrow down and start glowing, which indicates when you need to press it for a "Great" rating). To get the "Dancing Queen" trophy, complete the dance with a very high overall rating. When you are doing it correctly, you will see Aerith clapping her hands above her head. If she is applauding, you will get the trophy after Cloud puts on his dress after the dance. If Aerith makes a comment like "Well you tried," you have failed. It is highly recommended to create a manual save before the dance (as soon as you enter Honeybee Inn) because if you fail, you cannot repeat the dance unless you reload a previous save.Easy "Divine Gratitude" trophy
The "Divine Gratitude" trophy requires that you have completed all side quests. Only then will the "Letter From The Angel" spawn at the end of Chapter 14, thanking you for your services to the people. Collect that letter to get the trophy. It is a blue glowing item on the main path to the last objective in Chapter 14, in plain sight and impossible not to see. This is after returning from the Sewers and turning in your last side quests. It is on the narrow path just before reaching the wall with "Avalanche" sprayed on it. If you go to the wall, you will also get a "Point Of No Return" warning and can still turn back.Easy "Heavenly Dart Player" trophy
After you rescue Johnny in Chapter 3, you will go back to Seventh Heaven Bar with Tifa. At this point the story objective forces you to use the Darts mini-game to pass time. This is where you can get the "Heavenly Dart Player" trophy (this is the only opportunity to play Darts, as you will not return here in the story). If you missed this, you can replay Chapter 3 through Chapter Select after the story. To beat the leaderboard highscore, you must win the Darts mini-game in 7 throws or less (6 throws being the bare minimum possible). The record is 8. Getting it in 8 throws will not unlock the trophy, as it has to be 7 to beat the leaderboard. You need to clear 301 points total to win. The easiest method is to make 5 throws in the bullseye (5 x 50 = 250 points), 1 throw in T17 (3 x 17 = 51 points). This way you can finish in 6 darts, allowing you to mess up 1 throw and still get it in 7 total. You do not even need to hit the red center of the bullseye, as hitting the green ring around it still gives 50 points. On each throw, the cursor will be shaking. Put the cursor over the bullseye and steer against the cursor shake (so if you notice the cursor pulling to the right, you very slightly pull left to keep it centered). When the cursor narrows down to a yellow circle, make your throw –- it will hit exactly where you are aiming. So basically you need to get two things correct: balance the cursor wobble and have perfect timing. You only have two opportunities per dart to have a perfectly narrow cursor. Always throw on the second opportunity. It is better to ignore the first opportunity and balance out the cursor wobble instead to make it stay in the center. If you mess up, immediately pause and quit the mini-game to retry it. You do not need to finish it every time. It takes a lot of practice, but you can retry as often as desired.Easy "In Lockstep" trophy
When the story forces Cloud, Tifa, and Barret to push three switches simultaneously in sync to open a door in Chapter 7, there will be a purple discovery marker on the map. Use the terminal where the purple marker is. Then, use the three switches again and push them in sync four times in a row to open the vault door to the Waste Recovery room and unlock the "In Lockstep" trophy. You do not need to hold on to the keycards you find throughout the chapter (those are not relevant for the trophy) -- so feel free to spend them on the Airbuster terminals.Easy "Peeress Of Pull Ups" trophy
In Chapter 14, as soon as you can free roam, return to the Gym In Wall Market (Sector 6 Slums), where the Squat Challenge took place in Chapter 9. There will be a quest giver in the gym for the "Wavering Heart" side quest. Completing this side quest automatically completes the first Pull-Up Challenge (Trainee level). Next, talk to two other people in the gym –- Jay for the Amateur challenge and Jules for the Pro challenge. Complete all three of them to get the "Peeress Of Pull Ups" trophy. It is similar to the Squat challenges. All you do is press some buttons in a rhythm. The difference is the button combo you must press changes each round -- so you need to readjust your button presses. The timing aspect is still the same as with Squats. The more successful pull-ups you do in succession, the faster you can press the buttons and build up more speed. When you get fatigued, a button prompt appears on screen and you must quickly press this button or else you will fall down. The trick to winning is to just do it without falling down. Your opponents will always fall down at some point, as long as you do not mess up and build up your speed, you will overtake them.
After winning the Colosseum Tournament as part of the story (defeated Hell House boss, unmissable) in Chapter 9, you can go back into the basement of the Colosseum and talk to the NPC there to start sparring sessions. Complete the first one that is one star difficulty to get the "Returning Champion" trophy.Easy "Staggering Feat" trophy
There are three ways to increase an enemy's Stagger percentage. Using Tifa's Chi abilities (her default Triangle attacks) will increase the percentage the higher her Chi level, with Whirling Uppercut being the lowest, Omnistrike the middle, and Rise And Fall the highest. In order to use Omnistrike/Rise And Fall, you must use Tifa's Unbridled Strength ability, which consumes 1 ATB and upgrades her Triangle moves to cause more stagger increase. Secondly, the True Strike ability learned from Tifa's sixth weapon, Purple Pain (obtained in Chapter 16), will also increase it by 30% with each use. It costs 1 ATB charge. Lastly, Aerith's Ray Of Judgment will increase stagger damage percantage significantly. For the best enemy to get 300% on, it is recommended to fight Fat Chocobo in Chadley's VR simulation, as he has an incredibly long Stagger period. You might have to do this on the Normal or Hard difficulty, as there is a good chance he will die before you hit the 300% mark on the Easy difficulty (if you are already high level). You find Chadley at multiple points in the game (for example, Chapter 14 in Sector 5 Slums). The best method is to buff Tifa twice in a row with Unbridled Strength to upgrade her Triangle move to Rise And Fall. Build up another 2 ATB charges before Fat Chocobo is staggered. Then, use two Triangle moves Rise And Fall + Omnistrike. Use your 2 ATB charges to cast True Strike (+60% stagger). Attack with Triangle Whirling Uppercut to get 5% stagger increase with each hit and it also builds up more ATB. When you have 1 ATB, use True Strike again. This way you can easily get bosses to over 400% stagger in a few seconds. For 300% stagger, you can actually do it by just using Unbridled Strength, as True Strike is not mandatory but makes it easier. Note: During Chapter 18, there is a bike sequence with a boss that you will automatically stagger to more than 300%, but this one does not unlock the trophy. You have to do it legitimately.Easy "Sultan Of Squat" trophy
First, complete the "Burning Thighs" side quest in Chapter 9. There are three Squat challenges (Trainee, Amateur, and Pro). The first Squat Challenge (Trainee) is automatically completed as part of the side quest. After completing the quest, you can talk to Jay in the Gym for the Amateur challenge and then challenge Jules for the Pro Challenge. After completing all three, you will get the "Sultan Of Squat" trophy. All you must do is press Triangle, Circle, X, Square with the correct timing. If you press a button too slow or too fast, you will fall down and lose time. The goal is to do more squats than your opponent. In the final two challenges, you will get fatigued and must quickly press X when the button prompt appears, followed by one press of Square when the button appears. The more squats you have successfully done in a row, the faster you can press the buttons without falling down.Easy "Whack-A-Box Wunderkind" trophy
You can find the Whack-A-Box challenge in Chapter 14, in the Children's Hideout of the Sector 5 Slums. It is in the exact same place where the Normal difficulty Whack-A-Box took place in Chapter 8 ("Crate Annihilator" trophy). You need to have played the "A Verified Hero" side quest in Chapter 8, which is the quest that originally unlocked the Whack-A-Box mini-game. Just like with the Normal difficulty Whack-A-Box, you need to reach 30,000 points in the given time limit to get the trophy. It is only really one challenge and not multiple, as every 10,000 points gives a different reward. Like before, there are different colors of boxes (red = time, blue = ATB gauge, yellow = points only). Make it your goal to get from one red gate to the next as quick as possible. Getting the time boosts is the key to win. Also, use the Iron Blade's Triple Slash again on the big blue boxes. Two uses of that is enough to destroy a big blue box quickly. Only destroy the big blue boxes that are directly blocking your path; ignore the optional ones, and instead focus on the areas with many small boxes close together. Hold Square to use your sweep for destroying small boxes (yellow ones are destroyed in one hit, blue ones in two hits).Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Master of Fate (Platinum): Earn all FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE trophies.
- Hardened Veteran (Gold): Complete all chapters on Hard difficulty.
- Best in the Business (Silver): Complete all quests.
- Disc Jockey (Silver): Collect all music discs.
- Dressed to the Nines (Silver): Obtain all nine bridal candidate outfits.
- Intelligence Agent (Silver): Complete all battle intel reports.
- Master of Mimicry (Silver): Learn all enemy skills.
- Weapons Expert (Silver): Learn all weapon abilities.
- Biker Boy (Bronze): Get praised by Jessie at the end of the motorcycle mini-game.
- Bonds of Friendship (Bronze): Free a bound ally.
- Building Character (Bronze): Attain level 50 with a character.
- Cleanup Crew (Bronze): Obtain the Chocobo & Moogle materia.
- Crate Annihilator (Bronze): Complete all Normal difficulty Whack-a-Box challenges.
- Gotta Start Somewhere (Bronze): Complete a quest.
- Heavenly Dart Player (Bronze): Rise to the top of the Seventh Heaven darts leaderboard.
- In Lockstep (Bronze): Bypass the delta-level security lock in Mako Reactor 5.
- Materia for Beginners (Bronze): Level up an orb of materia.
- Music Collector (Bronze): Collect 3 music discs.
- My First Ability (Bronze): Max out a weapon's proficiency.
- My First Summon (Bronze): Invoke a summon.
- Peeress of Pull-Ups (Bronze): Complete all pull-up challenges.
- Returning Champion (Bronze): Emerge victorious from a colosseum sparring session.
- Snappy Dresser (Bronze): Obtain three bridal candidate outfits.
- Staggering Feat (Bronze): Deal 300% damage to a staggered enemy.
- Staggering Start (Bronze): Stagger an enemy.
- Sultan of Squat (Bronze): Complete all squat challenges.
- Summon Slayer (Bronze): Defeat a summon in battle.
- Warming Up (Bronze): Win a battle.
- Weakened Resolve (Bronze): Exploit an enemy's weakness.
- Whack-a-Box Wunderkind (Bronze): Complete all Hard difficulty Whack-a-Box challenges.
Additionally, there are 24 secret trophies:
- Ultimate Weapon (Gold): Defeat the Pride and Joy prototype.
- That's the Smell (Silver): Defeat a malboro.
- Broken Dreams (Bronze): Complete Chapter 13.
- Dancing Queen (Bronze): Received a gift from Andrea for being a dance superstar.
- Destiny's Crossroads (Bronze): Complete Chapter 18.
- Divine Gratitude (Bronze): Receive a letter from an angel.
- Emerging from Chaos (Bronze): Complete Chapter 17.
- Escape Artist (Bronze): Complete Chapter 2.
- Lights Out (Bronze): Complete Chapter 6.
- Mercenary Endeavors (Bronze): Complete Chapter 3.
- Never the Bride (Bronze): Complete Chapter 9.
- Night on the Town (Bronze): Complete Chapter 4.
- No Appointment Needed (Bronze): Complete Chapter 16.
- Onetime Gig (Bronze): Complete Chapter 1.
- Paranormal Investigator (Bronze): Complete Chapter 11.
- Picking Up the Pieces (Bronze): Complete Chapter 14.
- Plan E (Bronze): Complete Chapter 5.
- Reunited (Bronze): Complete Chapter 8.
- Say It with Flowers (Bronze): Decorate the Leaf House with a floral arrangement.
- Sewer Survivor (Bronze): Complete Chapter 10.
- The Collapse (Bronze): Complete Chapter 12.
- The Johnny Experience (Bronze): Witness all Johnny-related incidents.
- The Pizza in the Sky (Bronze): Complete Chapter 15.
- Trapped like Sewer Rats (Bronze): Complete Chapter 7.