After reaching the top of the waterfall area, to the left of the switch you pulled is a tall tree. Swipe at it with your sword until you make contact. A ball will fall from its branches. Take the ball up the stairs, into the opened room, and drop it. You will notice tree arches between the two stairs going to the upper level of the room. Go to the middle arch and push on one side of it to make it revolve and reveal a secret room. Go back and take the ball (and Yorda) and enter the secret room . Hop into the idol pedestal with Yorda and a basket will appear. Take the ball and shoot it into the basket. A mace will fly through the window. It is more powerful then the sword and the 2x4. You can take out a standard Ghout in three swings. To get the Mace, you do not need to do the "get the ball in the basket" routine. Before getting on the idol pedestal, actually place the ball in the square on the ground, where the basket will appear. When you step on the idol pedestal, the ball will fly up and land back in the basket.
Successfully complete the game once, then start another game. Follow the steps to where you got the Mace in the first time, and this time you will get a lightsaber that kills Smoke Creatures in one hit.You must be holding Yorda's hand to activate it.
When in the last level with Ico's horns cut off on the beach, go towards the left following the shore of the beach to find Yorda.
To avoid losing Yorda, as soon as you set her free press R1 and hold her hand, then run to the door. You should also pick up the stick that falls so you can defeat the Shadow Creatures easily.
Ico can share a watermelon with Yorda at the very end of the game. Note: This was done on the second time through the PAL version of the game. Take Yorda one of the watermelons sitting in the sand dunes. They are also very satisfying to smash.
When turning big wheels, as when shutting off the water, turn from the farthest point to go faster.
If you enter a room, and it is a clear run to the portal on the other side, take Yorda by the hand and run her to the portal with the black Smoke Creatures chasing you. As you approach the portal, Yorda's activation of the portal will create lightning which will destroy the creatures anywhere near you.
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Enlightenment (Platinum): Acquire all trophies.
- Rescue (Bronze): Rescue Yorda.
- Failure (Bronze): Finish watching the demo scene confronting the Queen at the front gate stage.
- Armed and Ready (Silver): Acquire Sword.
- East Gate (Silver): Open East Gate.
- West Gate (Silver): Open West Gate.
- Farewell (Silver): Finish watching farewell demo with Yorda at the front gate stage.
- Royal Arms (Gold): Acquire Queen's Sword.
- Emancipation (Gold): Clear the game.
- Split the Watermelon (Gold): Bring the watermelon to Yorda upon completing 2nd time through.
- Spiked Club (Gold): Acquire spiked club.
- Shining Sword (Gold): Acquire shining sword.
- Bench Warmer (Gold): Save at all save points.
- Express Journey (Gold): Beat the game within 4 hours.
- Castle Guide (Gold): Beat the game within 2 hours.
- Unscathed Escape (Gold): Clear the game without viewing a game over screen.
- Rescue (Bronze): Rescue Yorda.