Map: Collectable Barrel Locations
Enter the race editor, and press Start to enter the overhead view layout. Press L1, L2, L3, R1, R3, X to create a race with a checkpoint containing up to 30 collectibles you have not already obtained. Test the race to collect them all. If you are still missing collectibles, delete the checkpoints, and enter the code again.Cheat mode
Find the indicated numbers of hidden Rockstar barrels (collectables) to unlock the corresponding cheat option. Note: Enabling a cheat will stop your progress in Career mode and disable the earning of money and reputation from races.
- Unlimited Nitro: 10 barrels
- Never Damage Out: 20 barrels
- Unlimited Special Abilities: 30 barrels
- Top Down View: 40 barrels
- No Police: 50 barrels
- No Fines: 60 barrels
Successfully complete Career mode.Karol Garage partner mission
Get the "Idol" rank (33,500 Reputation) to unlock the Karol Garage partner mission.Hydraulics and air bags
To unlock hydraulics and air bags, you must join the Rockstar Social Club, link to your online profile, then complete four of the twelve "Driving Test" achievements listed on the website. Doing so will unlock hydraulics/air bags for your online profile, even if you completely restart the game. If you already have four of the achievements completed, just joining the Rockstar Social Club and linking your online profile will unlock the hydraulics and air bags.Vehicle groups
Reach the indicated rank to unlock the corresponding vehicle group:
- Group 2: Get the "Student Driver" rank (2,000 Reputation).
- Group 3: Get the "Racer" rank (8,060 Reputation).
- Group 4: Get the "Champion" rank (16,500 Reputation).
Reach the indicated rank to unlock the corresponding performance upgrade:
- Level 1 Performance upgrades for Group 1 vehicles: Get the "Navigator" rank (800 Reputation).
- Level 1 Performance upgrades for Group 2 vehicles: Get the "Driver" rank (5,600 Reputation).
- Level 1 Performance upgrades for Group 3 vehicles: Get the "Elite Racer" rank (13,700 Reputation).
- Level 1 Performance upgrades for Group 4 vehicles: Get the "Savant" rank (22,760 Reputation).
- Level 2 Performance upgrades for Group 1 vehicles: Get the "Rookie" rank (3,610 Reputation).
- Level 2 Performance upgrades for Group 2 vehicles: Get the "Veteran" rank (10,760 Reputation).
- Level 2 Performance upgrades for Group 3 vehicles: Get the "Legend" rank (19,540 Reputation).
- Level 2 Performance upgrades for Group 4 vehicles: Get the "Hero" rank (26,160 Reputation).
Participate in the indicated number of races for a specific vehicle class to unlock the corresponding item that can be customized for that particular class (Tuners, Muscles, Luxury, Exotics, or Superbikes):
- Blowers: 45 races
- Car headlights: 36 races
- Car spoilers: 18 races
- Car stereos: 27 races
- Exhausts: 45 races
- Front bumpers: 9 races
- Front seats: 27 races
- Hoods: 36 races
- Intercoolers: 45 races
- Motorcycle bowls: 36 races
- Motorcycle tails: 18 races
- Motorcycle tanks: 27 races
- Post gauges: 27 races
- Rear bumpers: 18 races
- Skirts: 9 races
- Steering wheels: 27 races
- Taillights: 36 races
- Widebody kits: 45 races
Go to Arcade mode, and set the AI to "Easy", traffic to "None", and disable power-ups. To earn money, make sure you do not finish in last place.Getting rid of police
Use the following trick to get rid of the police when doing a race. Finish the race, and enable the "No Police" cheat, then turn it off again. The police will disappear, and it will not have any effect on what you do afterward.Catching freeway racer
When you see a red target far away on the map, enable the "No Damage" and "Unlimited Nitro" cheats to reach them quickly. Then, turn off both cheats once you are about to race him to keep your reputation and money intact.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Streaker (Bronze): Win 5 races in a row offline.
- Neither Bird nor Plane (Bronze): Travel 1020 feet in a single jump.
- Wanted Man (Bronze): Pull over while the police are in 'pull over' mode, then drive away during the ticketing cutscene.
- Out On Bail (Bronze): Evade the police successfully when they are in pursuit.
- The Basics (Bronze): Complete one of the missions you receive in the mission log.
- Paparazzi (Bronze): Save 16 photos to your photo album.
- What's a Speed Limit? (Bronze): Win 15 dynamic freeway races.
- Saving Los Angeles (Bronze): Enter the Race Editor, create a race, and then save it.
- Where in the World? (Bronze): Find half of the collectables in Los Angeles.
- Winning With Less (Bronze): Win 10 races on a motorcycle.
- Hear me Roar! (Bronze): Unlock Level 3 Roar.
- Anger Management (Bronze): Unlock Level 3 Agro.
- Zoning Out (Bronze): Unlock Level 3 Zone.
- Go on Green (Bronze): Win 15 Red Light Races.
- Uncle Time (Bronze): Finish the first mission for each of the 4 time trials.
- Father Time (Bronze): Completely unlock a time trial by completing all 3 missions.
- Getting Off the Bench (Bronze): Enter an online cruise and join a proposed race.
- Who Made This? (Bronze): Enter a Race Editor Race online.
- Turn in the Work (Bronze): Submit a vehicle to Rate My Ride.
- Everyone's a Critic (Bronze): Rate 25 rides online.
- Crossing the Line (Bronze): Finish 50 races online.
- Mild Dedication (Bronze): In Goal Attack, complete every goal for one race.
- Jordan Jumpman (Bronze): Spend more than 10 minutes in the air. Brought to you by jordan brand.
- Set To Stun (Bronze): Unlock Level 3 EMP.
- T-Mobile myFaves (Bronze): Join an online game with 5 of your friends. Stay Connected with MyFaves from T-Mobile.
- Unicycle (Silver): Drive a cumulative total of 50 miles while doing a wheelie on a motorcycle.
- Just Get A Motorcycle (Silver): In a car, drive a cumulative total of 50 miles on 2 wheels.
- Destroyer of Worlds (Silver): Successfully destroy 15 opponent vehicles using the Payback vehicle at the Beaches garage.
- Here for a Pickup (Silver): Successfully deliver 15 vehicles out of the Hollywood garage.
- Competitive Glory (Silver): Win each of the 4 tournaments at least one time.
- In the Lap of (Silver): Beat the Luxury Champ.
- Name that Tuner (Silver): Beat the Tuner Champ.
- World's Strongest (Silver): Beat the Muscle Champ.
- Two Wheels of Fury (Silver): Beat the Motorcycle Champ.
- How Exotic (Silver): Beat the Exotic Champ.
- Have Car, Will Travel (Silver): Drive a total of 5,000 miles, including any miles driven online or offline.
- Rags To Riches (Silver): Have $1 million dollars in the bank while playing in Los Angeles.
- The Winner (Silver): Win 180 offline races.
- Waldo's Still Missing (Silver): Find all the collectables in Los Angeles.
- It's How You Play The Game (Silver): Finish 300 offline races. Winning is not required.
- Retire the Master (Silver): Beat the City Champ.
- Master Thief (Silver): Steal 80 flags while playing Capture the Flag or other battle matches.
- Postman (Silver): Deliver 100 flags in Capture the Flag or other battle matches.
- Ranking Up (Silver): Win 20 Tiered Matches online.
- True Dedication (Gold): All Goal attacks must be unlocked and every goal for every race completed.
- The Completist! (Platinum): Unlock the Platinum trophy by unlocking all other trophies.