Need For Speed: Carbon
At the title screen, press Left, Up, Left, Down, Left, Down, Right, X. If you entered the code correctly, a message will appear.
Infinite crew charge
At the title screen, press Down, Up(2), Right, Left(2), Right, X. If you entered the code correctly, a message will appear.
At the title screen, press Down, Right(2), Left, Right, Up, Down, X. If you entered the code correctly, a message will appear.
Need For Speed Carbon Logo Vinyls
At the title screen, press Right, Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, X to unlock the Need For Speed Carbon Logo Vinyls. If you entered the code correctly, a message will appear.
Need For Speed Carbon Special Logo Vinyls
At the title screen, press Up(2), Down(4), Up, X to unlock the Need For Speed Carbon Special Logo Vinyls. If you entered the code correctly, a message will appear.
At the title screen, press Down, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, X, B to get an extra $10,000 in Career mode. If you entered the code correctly, a message will appear. Note: This code can only be used once.
Have a saved game file from Need For Speed: Most Wanted on your hard drive or memory card to get an extra $10,000 in Career mode.
Have a saved game file from Burnout Revenge on your hard drive or memory card to unlock the Burnout Vinyl under the bonus section of Vinyls.
Collectors Edition cars
Successfully complete the indicated event(s) in the Challenge Series to unlock the corresponding car:
- Aston Martin DB9 (Exotic): Defeat Wolf in Boss Battle mode.
- Dodge Charger RT Classic (Muscle): Defeat the 21st Muscle Car Gang.
- Jaguar XK 2007 (Exotic): Successfully complete all three Turf War races.
- Mazda RX7 (Tuner): Defeat Kenji in Boss Battle mode.
- Nissan 240SX (Tuner): Successfully complete all three Checkpoint challenges.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding crew member:
- Sal: Joins after four to six races.
- Yumi: Joins after defeating Kenji/Bushido.
- Colin: Joins after defeating Wolf/TFK.
- Samson: Joins after defeating Angie/21st Street.
- Nikki: Joins after defeating all three beginning Bosses.
Successfully complete the indicated area in the listed career to unlock the corresponding car:
|Chevrolet Corvette Z06||Exotic||Shady Pine|
|Chevrolet Corvette Z06||Muscle||Canmor Downs|
|Dodge Charger SRT-8||Muscle||Mason District|
|Dodge Viper SRT-10||Muscle||Neon Mile|
|Dodge Viper SRT-10||Tuner||Shady Pine|
|Ford GT||Exotic||Starlight Strip|
|Ford GT||Muscle||Silverton Refinery|
|Ford GT||Tuner||Infinity Park|
|Ford Mustang GT||Muscle||Kempton Holdings|
|Ford Mustang GT||Tuner||The Projects|
|Ford Musting GT||Exotic||Kempton Holdings|
|Ford Shelby GT500||Muscle||Diamond Hills|
|Lamborghini Gallardo||Exotic||Diamond Hills|
|Lotus Elise||Exotic||Ocean View|
|Lotus Elise||Muscle||Hills Borough|
|Lotus Elise||Tuner||South Fortuna|
|Mercedes SL65 AMG||Exotic||Morgan Beach|
|Mercedes SLR McLaren||Exotic||Neon Mile|
|Mercedes SLR McLaren||Muscle||Infinity Park|
|Mercedes SLR McLaren||Tuner||Silverton Refinery|
|Mitsubishi Eclipse GT||Exotic||Old Quarter|
|Mitsubishi Eclipse GT||Muscle||Kings Park|
|Mitsubishi Eclipse GT||Tuner||Old Quarter|
|Nissan 350Z||Tuner||Diamond Hills|
|Nissan Skyline GT-R R34||Tuner||Canmor Downs|
|Plymouth Barracuda||Muscle||Starlight Strip|
|Porsche Carerra GT||Exotic||Canmor Downs|
|Porsche Cayman S||Exotic||Mason District|
|Porsche Cayman S||Muscle||South Fortuna|
|Porsche Cayman S||Tuner||Hills Borough|
|Renault Clio V6||Exotic||Historic Chinatown|
|Renault Clio V6||Muscle||Old Quarter|
|Renault Clio V6||Tuner||Fortuna Heights|
|Subaru Impreza WRX STi||Exotic||Silverton Refinery|
|Subaru Impreza WRX STi||Tuner||Starlight Strip|
|Toyota Supra||Exotic||Infinity Park|
|Toyota Supra||Muscle||Shady Pine|
|Toyota Supra||Tuner||Neon Mile|
|Vauxhall Monaro VXR||Exotic||The Projects|
|Vauxhall Monaro VXR||Muscle||Fortuna Heights|
|Vauxhall Monaro VXR||Tuner||Kempton Holdings|
|Volkswagen Golf R32||Tuner||Morgan Beach|
Successfully complete the indicated area in the listed career to unlock the corresponding part package:
|Brakes – Tier 1 Pro||Tuner||Billings District|
|Brakes – Tier 1 Street||Exotic||Hills Borough|
|Brakes – Tier 2 Pro||Exotic||Billings District|
|Brakes – Tier 2 Pro||Muscle||Billings District|
|Brakes – Tier 2 Pro||Tuner||Ocean View|
|Engine – Tier 1 Pro||Muscle||Morgan Beach|
|Engine – Tier 1 Pro||Tuner||Historic Chinatown|
|Engine – Tier 1 Street||Muscle||The Projects|
|Engine – Tier 1 Street||Tuner||Kings Park|
|Engine – Tier 2 Pro||Muscle||Palmont University|
|Engine – Tier 2 Street||Exotic||Eskuri Plaza|
|Engine – Tier 2 Street||Tuner||Newport Industrial Park|
|Suspension – Tier 2 Pro||Exotic||Kings Park|
|Suspension – Tier 2 Pro||Tuner||Eskuri Plaza|
|Transmission – Tier 1 Pro||Muscle||Eskuri Plaza|
|Transmission – Tier 1 Street||Exotic||South Fortuna|
|Transmission – Tier 1 Street||Muscle||Newport Industrial Park|
|Transmission – Tier 1 Street||Tuner||Mason District|
|Transmission – Tier 2 Pro||Exotic||Newport Industrial Park|
|Transmission – Tier 2 Pro||Muscle||Ocean View|
|Transmission – Tier 2 Pro||Tuner||Palmont University|
|Turbo – Tier 1 Pro||Exotic||Palmont University|
|Turbo – Tier 1 Street||Exotic||Fortuna Heights|
|Turbo – Tier 2 Pro||Muscle||Historic Chinatown|
Once you have completed Career mode, set Samson as your wingman with Neville also in your crew. You can repeat any races you have already completed in which a wingman is used and recieve $750 for each race completed instead of the $500 without. This can also be used on first time races for maximum cash output.
Download the free Supreme Car Bundle from Xbox Live Marketplace. Then, enter Career mode and go to the car lot. Buy as many DB9 Aston-Martins for free, then exit out of the game into the dashboard. Go to the hard drive or the memory card that you used to save the Supreme Car Bundle and delete the tier 2 base car bundle. When you now load the game, you can sell the DB9 for $100,000. Repeat this as many times as desired.
Enable the “Infinite nitrous” and “Infinite SpeedBreaker” codes. Keep using SpeedBreaker and nitrous through the entire race. This will make it an unfair slow motion race, which is very long but a sure win. To boost the effects, enable the “Infinite crew charge” code as well and have a drafter as active. Then, use your drafter during the entire race. It is faster, but still painfully long. Note: This cannot be used in Quick Race, Challenge Series, or Canyon Duels.
In races where crew members are used, use a scout (Yumi if possible). If you do not win the race, your scout usually will.
In Career mode, choose the Exotic class. When you get to the Stacked Deck level, get a Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Neville, Colin, and Nikki should still have exotic cars. Choose one of them and do any race where you can use your wingman. You should get an easy win.
Easier Speedtrap races
Activate your Blocker/Brawler before the race. While racing and coming up towards a speed trap, press Y. Your Blocker/Brawler will stop, crash the other car(s), and drastically slow down their time. Remember that the peak Blocker/Brawler moment is just before the speed trap.
When you are about to flip, hit the nitrous. It will stabilize your car and you will not flip.
Avoiding instant bust
When in a cop chase, do not press Back or you will get “busted” instantly without a chance to escape.
When the police are looking for you but have not yet found you (when the map blinks red), back up against a wall. The cops will go past, but will not catch or see you. They will then drive away.
Getting away from police
Press X to activate Speed Breaker. While in Speed Breaker, press A (Hand Brake) to do a wicked turn-around. Use NOS while accelerating out of the turn-around to gain quick distance between you and the cops.
Free performance parts
Go into “My Crew” then choose a crew member. Select the “View Car” option, then customize it. You can paint it whatever color desired, and because your crew members cars are not tuned you can buy them performance parts for free.
Eleanor (Gone In 60 Seconds) custom car
To create the car from Gone In 60 Seconds , Eleanor, start a Muscle Car Career mode. After you complete the first three territories (Kempton, Downtown, and Fortuna), a new territory will be unlocked. In this territory, win two races in the area to the far left (Silverton) to unlock the “67′ Shelby GT 500”. After you get the car for $108,000, return to your safe house and select “Customization”. Then, choose “Aftermarket” and use the following customizations:
- Body Kits: Body Kit # 2
- Wheels: American Racing Shelby Razor
- Paint: Candy Red section top row, last box to the right (silver)
- Vinyls: Stock; edit color to black
- Wheel Paint: Chrome, in the red section, seventh row down last color to the right
- Window tint: Light black
Easy Muscle Head, Tuner Addict, and Exotic Aficionado achievements
Download the free Supreme Car Bundle from Xbox Live Marketplace. Then, go to the car lot and buy the Aston Martin DB9 you just downloaded. Keep buying it until you fill your garage. Note: You may need to return to the safe house and sell your original car if it is not from the same class as the car you chose. When you fill the garage with all DB9s, exit the car lot. You will get the Exotic Aficionado achievement. Sell all the DB9s and repeat this for the tuner and muscle car classes. Note: You will not gain or lose any money getting these achievements.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Complete Career (50 points): Complete Career Mode.
- Conqueror (70 points): Complete Career Mode and own every race.
- Crusher (25 points): Ram 100 police vehicles in a single pursuit while in Career Freeroam.
- 12 Minute Exit (5 points): Escape after a 12 minute police pursuit in Career Freeroam.
- Perfect Canyon Duel (5 points): Win a Canyon Duel with no collisions.
- Drift King (10 points): Score 500,000 points in a Drift event.
- Career Mogul (10 points): Earn 1,000,000 cash in Career Mode.
- Bronze Challenge Series Champ (10 points): Beat all Bronze Challenge Series Events.
- Silver Challenge Series Champ (20 points): Beat all Silver Challenge Series Events.
- Gold Challenge Series Champ (30 points): Beat all Gold Challenge Series Events.
- Fast Wheels (20 points): Cause 200,000 Cost to State in a single pursuit while in Career Freeroam.
- Need for Speed (20 points): Hit 230 Mph in a Speedtrap.
- Public Enemy No. 1 (10 points): Disable 50 police vehicles while in Career Freeroam.
- Wheels of Steel (5 points): Avoid 5 spike strips in a police pursuit while in Career Freeroam.
- Big Game Hunter (10 points): Immobilize a police Rhino while in Career Freeroam.
- Urban Battle (10 points): Win 50 Free Roam Challenges in Career Mode.
- Car Collector (15 points): Unlock 36 Cars.
- Muscle Head (25 points): Fill your Career Garage with only Muscle Cars.
- Tuner Addict (25 points): Fill your Career Garage with only Tuner Cars.
- Exotic Aficionado (25 points): Fill your Career Garage with only Exotic Cars.
- Reward Card Hustler (100 points): Completed every Offline and Online Reward Cards.
- Head Start (25 points): Win an Online mode race at York Road after giving your opponents a 10 second head start.
- Race Week (15 points): Finish an Online race during a Race Week.
- Online Lieutenant (15 points): Play 50 games Online.
- Online General (25 points): Play 100 games Online.
- Lucky Break (10 points): Get a 3 game winning streak in Ranked Online games.
- Rock Solid (20 points): Get a 5 game winning streak in Ranked Online games.
- Online Challenge Contender (5 points): Beat 5 Challenge Series Events Online.
- Online Challenge Champ (10 points): Beat 15 Challenge Series Events Online.
- Showboat (25 points): Cross the finish line in reverse to win a ranked Sprint race.
- Hot Streak (10 points): Get a 4 game winning streak in Ranked Online games.
- Iron Man (30 points): Get a 6 game winning streak in Ranked Online games.
- First Steps (5 points): Finish an Online Ranked race or Online Challenge Series race.
- Moderator Challenge (30 points): Beat an EA Moderator in an Online game.
- Knockout Fever (10 points): Catch Knockout Fever by playing an Online Pursuit Knockout race with an infected player.
- Canyon Craze (10 points): Catch Canyon Craze by playing an Online Canyon Duel with an infected player.
- Pursuit Pandemic (10 points): Catch the Pursuit Pandemic by playing an Online Pursuit Tag game with an infected player.
- The Carbon Plague (20 points): Catch the Carbon Plague by catching all 3 other viruses.
- Online XP Level 1 (5 points): Reach Online XP Level 1.
- Online XP Level 2 (5 points): Reach Online XP Level 2.
- Online XP Level 4 (5 points): Reach Online XP Level 4.
- Online XP Level 6 (10 points): Reach Online XP Level 6.
- Online XP Level 9 (10 points): Reach Online XP Level 9.
- Online XP Level 13 (10 points): Reach Online XP Level 13.
- Online XP Level 18 (15 points): Reach Online XP Level 18.
- Online XP Level 23 (15 points): Reach Online XP Level 23.
- Online XP Level 29 (20 points): Reach Online XP Level 29.
- Online XP Level 35 (30 points): Reach Online XP Level 35.
- Online XP Level 42 (40 points): Reach Online XP Level 42.
- Online XP Level 50 (60 points): Reach Online XP Level 50.