All Collectible Locations
Go to the indicated location in each mission and pull the switch to activate a classic Doom level nearby.
In the "Lazarus Labs" mission, reach the room with the DOOM character's crypt in it. On the left side of the room is a screen you can interact with to play the Demon Destruction mini-game. The game is similar to Bejeweled and Candy Crush, but with demons. You can complete the "Time Well Spent" challenge on that mission for playing it.Hidden Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3 mini-game
In Mission 8: Advanced Research Complex, go to the following location. Then, open the airlock on the door straight ahead. When the door opens, enter the room and jump on the containers straight ahead to find the Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3 mini-game hidden behind the containers.
There are a total of 12 Rune Trials. Complete all of them to get "The Circle Is Complete" achievement. Each Rune Trial unlocks a rune that can be used in the campaign. The runes activate gameplay bonuses such as more ammo drops, enemies drop armor on glory kill, etc. You can level up runes by using them to increase their effect. You must max out all of them to get the "IDDQD" achievement. To view the location of all runes, check out the All Collectible Locations guide.
- 1. Vacuum - 0:05
- 2. Dazed & Confused - 0:47
- 3. Ammo Boost - 1:23
- 4. Equipment Power - 2:16
- 5. Seek And Destroy - 2:51
- 6. Savagery - 3:49
- 7. In-Flight Mobility - 4:27
- 8. Armored Offensive - 5:04
- 9. Blood Fueled - 5:51
- 10. Intimacy Is Best - 6:41
- 11. Rich Get Richer - 7:24
- 12. Saving Throw - 8:23
The Cyberdemon is the first boss in the game. You fight him at the end of Mission 9 (Lazarus Labs). The fight is fairly easy. In the first phase, he mostly fires rockets which you can easily dodge by running in circles around him. When he uses the laser beam, just do a double jump to the side. A great weapon to down him quickly is the Heavy Assault Rifle with the Micro Missiles Mod. The missiles inflict a lot of damage quickly. When his health is depleted, he will respawn again with a full health bar. He will now be throwing some projectiles at you. Do one jump (not a double jump) to dodge them. There is also a checkpoint at the start of the second phase. When the second phase starts, immediately use the BFG to take away a lot of his health. Then, use the Heavy Assault Rifle or Plasma Rifle to kill him while dodging the projectiles.Defeating the Hell Guards
The Hell Guards is the second Boss in the game. You fight them at the end of Mission 11: Necropolis. The fight consists of two phases. In the first phase, you fight only one of the Hell Guards. He has a shield and you can only damage him when the shield is down. Use a weapon that deals a lot of damage with each hit. The Gauss Cannon with Precision Bolt mod is recommended. Try to get headshots while using it. When he jumps at you, there will be some fire on the ground -- so make sure you jump when he does to evade the attack. Basically, all attacks the Hell Guards do can be evaded by double jumping (in both phases of the fight). In the second phase, there are two Hell Guards, but they do not use shields -- so you can kill them very quickly. When the second phase starts, use the BFG on the two enemies. This will take away a large portion of their health. The Heavy Assault Rifle with Micro Missiles mod deals a lot of damage. It also causes the enemies to drop health and ammo. Simply run around them in big circles and shoot rockets at them to quickly kill them.Defeating Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind is the final Boss in the game. You fight her at the end of Mission 13: Argent D'Nur. This Boss has a lot of health. Make sure to enter this fight with full ammo for the BFG. There are two more ammo pick-ups in the Boss fight area. Shoot the Boss with the BFG in the brain. This will stun her. Quickly switch to your most powerful weapon and shoot the brain. While she is stunned from the BFG, you have a few seconds to deal huge damage. With a total of 5 BFG hits in the face and some weapon attacks, you can take away over half her health in a minute. The chaingun with the Mobile Turret mod works very well for shooting the Boss while stunned. It deals the most damage. For the rest of the fight, you can use the Gauss Rifle with the Precision Bolt mod. Just make sure you always aim at the brain. Hitting the legs does not inflict much damage. The Boss uses the following attacks and they can be countered in the indicated ways:
Electric Floor AOE attack: It will electrify the entire room. You must climb a pillar to stay safe. It deals a lot of damage if you do not get to safety.
Lasers: Evade by crouching/jumping.
Melee: Only used when the Boss comes close to you. Keep your distance on higher difficulties. On easy this does not matter much.
Plasma Rifle: It will shoot at you. It is easy to evade by walking around the Boss in big circles or double jumping to the side when she shoots at you.
Note: There is no checkpoint during the final Boss fight.
During the "Titan's Realm" mission, you will reach an cavern area with lots of enemies and a yellow booster platform at the back. Walk up the stairs to your right and follow the wall along the second floor to the end. There is a hidden room behind a crack in the wall that you can jump up to reach. Although it looks like it is too small to get through the crack, you can enter the wall to find a skeleton with a party hat on and a "Happy Birthday!" balloon and cake next to him.
The Dopefish can be found as the logo on boxes of ramen noodles from "Dopechan Noodles" found in various areas.Fallout series reference
At the start the game in the Prologue where you wake up and leave the area he was kept in, look at the bottom of the security door. You can see that a Mixom Manufacturing sticker has partially slid down, revealing that it was covering a Vault-Tec logo.Skyrim reference
In Mission 6, search the area near where you first encounter the Baron of Hell in the Kadingir Sanctum to find a cave with a hidden lever and a skeleton. The skeleton is wearing a Dovahkiin horned helmet and was shot in the knee with an arrow.Terminator reference
Jump into lava in the "Foundry" mission to sink to your death while giving the thumbs up.Easy "A Toe Into Madness" trophy
To get the "A Toe Into Madness" trophy, you must complete the first mission on the Ultra-Nightmare difficulty. This is a hardcore mode without checkpoints. If you die, you respawn at the very beginning of the mission. On this difficulty, you die in 3-4 hits and gain very little health and armor from pick-ups. The best strategy is to bait the enemies. Try to let them come to you one by one and stay as far back as possible. Use the alternate fire on the pistol to zoom in. A charge shot with the pistol can kill some enemies in one hit. The smallest enemies are easily defeated with melee attacks. This will drop more health than shooting them and saves ammo. Additionally, make sure you buy the "Explosive Shot" mod for the shotgun at the field drone. It lets you fire a grenade that kills most enemies on a direct hit. It also has really good range and splash damage to kill multiple targets at once.
Progress in the single player campaign until you reach the final Boss. If you still have not fully upgraded health, armor, and ammo capacity, quit and replay the missions to get the collectables. Then, complete the campaign once you have fully upgraded health, armor, and ammo capacity to get the "Argent Fiend" trophy.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Thy Flesh Consumed (Platinum): Earn all trophies.
- E1M1 (Bronze): Complete the first mission of the campaign.
- Knee-Deep in the Dead (Gold): Complete the campaign on 'I'm Too Young to Die', 'Hurt Me Plenty', 'Ultra Violence', or 'Nightmare'.
- A Toe into Madness (Bronze): Complete The UAC on Ultra-Nightmare.
- Up Close and Personal (Silver): Kill 50 enemies using the Chainsaw.
- Specialist (Bronze): Earn the Mastery for a weapon mod.
- IDKFA (Gold): Earn the Masteries for all weapon mods.
- Hot Swapper (Silver): Acquire all weapon mods.
- Historian (Bronze): Find all Data Logs.
- Timing is Everything (Bronze): Use explosive barrels to kill 100 enemies.
- Every Nook and Cranny (Silver): Find all Collectibles.
- Argent Overload (Bronze): Fully upgrade Health, Armor, or Ammo capacity.
- Argent Fiend (Silver): Fully upgrade Health, Armor, and Ammo capacity on a single campaign run.
- A Gift from Beyond (Bronze): Earn a Rune.
- The Circle is Complete (Silver): Earn all Runes.
- Tinkering (Silver): Fully upgrade a Praetor Suit category.
- Overclocked (Gold): Fully upgrade all Praetor Suit categories on a single campaign run.
- Thorough Shopper (Silver): Complete all Challenges for a single mission.
- Butcher (Bronze): Perform 200 Glory Kills.
- Rip and Tear (Silver): Glory Kill all common enemy types in the campaign.
- Juicin' it up (Silver): Kill 150 enemies while using Power Ups.
- Momentum Shift (Bronze): Upgrade a Rune.
- IDDQD (Gold): Upgrade all Runes.
- What Else Ya Got? (Gold): Complete all Mission Challenges.
- IPXSETUP.EXE (Bronze): Win a Multiplayer match.
- Combat tested, Doomguy approved (Bronze): Reach Level 5 in Multiplayer.
- Shareware (Bronze): Create and publish a SnapMap.
- No Rest for the Living (Bronze): Play 5 published SnapMaps.
- Entryway (Bronze): Complete the SnapMap Basic and Advanced Tutorials.
Additionally, there are five secret trophies:
- Shoot it Until it Dies (Silver): Defeat the Cyberdemon.
- Outnumbered? No Problem (Silver): Defeat the Hell Guards.
- Who's Next? (Silver): Defeat the Spider Mastermind.
- Into the Unknown (Bronze): Warp to Hell.
- An Old Friend (Bronze): Acquire the BFG.
The following trophies require the "Unto The Evil" bonus downloadable content:
- Computing with Style (Unknown): Play a Multiplayer Match with a piece of Robotic Armor equipped.
- Marked for Death (Unknown): Kill 10 enemies with the EMG Mark V Pistol in Multiplayer.
- Motion in the Explosion (Unknown): Kill 5 enemies with the Kinetic Mine in Multiplayer.
- Sitting Duck (Unknown): Use a taunt from "Unto the Evil" Content Pack during a Multiplayer Match.
- Tenderizing the Crops (Unknown): Kill 10 enemies with the Harvester demon in Multiplayer.