First, download Halo: Waypoint to your Xbox 360 by selecting the "Halo: Waypoint" option from the main menu. Then, start Halo: Waypoint, press X to enter the classified menu, and press X again to enter the code input screen. Enter one of the following secret glyph codes to unlock the corresponding bonus. Note: To use the "Raider" codes, you must have completed the first three episodes in Spartan Ops mode. To use the "Oni" and "Wiseguy" codes, you must have found all seven terminals in the campaign missions.
- Raider 1: Raider Torso Armor and 500 XP
- Raider 2: Raider Shoulder Armor and 500 XP
- Raider 3 (Raider Helmet): Raider Helmet, Spartan IV Armor: Raider (Artwork), Avatar Award: Raider Helmet and Raider Spartan Emblem, and 500 XP
- Oni 1: Oni Emblem, Halo 4 Concept Art, and 5,000 XP
- Wiseguy: Wiseguy Emblem, Domain Terminals Artwork, and 2,000 XP
Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Legendary difficulty in Single Player or Co-Op mode to unlock the "117" Emblem in Infinity mode.Legendary Visor
Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Legendary difficulty in Single Player or Co-Op mode to unlock the Legendary Visor in Infinity mode.Mark VI Armor
Successfully complete Campaign mode on the Legendary difficulty in Single Player or Co-Op mode to unlock the Mark VI Armor in Infinity mode.Alternate ending
Successfully complete the game on the Legendary difficulty to view a secret ending after the credits end, including Master Chief being unmasked.Specialization unlockables
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding bonus:
- First set of armor: Reach Specialization Ranks 2 through 4.
- Second set of armor: Reach Specialization Ranks 7 through 9.
- Specialization Package Mod: Reach Specialization Rank 10.
- Specialization Visor: Reach Specialization Rank 6.
- Weapon with alternate skin: Reach Specialization Rank 5.
Reach the indicated rank in Multiplayer mode to unlock the corresponding bonus:
|Unlockable||Rank (SR)||Cost (SP)||Description|
|Promethean Vision||1||0||Can detect enemy signatures through walls and other hard surfaces|
|Thruster Pack||1||0||Supplies a powerful burst of movement, giving the ability to evade or quickly close in|
|Active Camoflage||-||3||Can generate a visual effect stunningly close to invisibility|
|Hardlight Shield||-||3||Can generate a protective barrier of hard light, which stops most small arms fire and some explosives|
|Hologram||-||3||Can generate a nearly identical holographic decoy to deceive enemies during combat|
|Jet Pack||-||3||Enables limited flight through a vertical lift propulsion system similar to that of EVA reentry packs|
|Autosentry||16||3||An automated turret that can be deployed to defend its user or command a key battlefield chokepoint|
|Regeneration Field||16||3||Can release a short-range energy field that heals any nearby Spartan|
|Mobility||1||0||Enables infinite sprint|
|Shielding||-||1||Increases the armor's energy shield recharge rate|
|AA Efficiency||14||1||Increases the Armor Abilities energy recharge rate|
|Resupply||14||1||Can recover grenades from dead allies and enemies|
|Firepower||24||1||Can use a primary weapon in the secondary weapon slot|
|Grenadier||24||1||Increases the grenade carrying capacity|
|Fast Track||50||1 (Pioneer)||Can advance quicker in rank|
|Requisition||50||1 (Tracker)||Can request new choices when an ordnance is granted|
|Wheelman||50||1 (Operator)||Increases the long term durability of your vehicle and how it reacts to EMP charges|
|Dexterity||1||0||Increases reload time and switch weapon animation speed|
|Ammo||-||1||Extra clip when you spawn|
|Awareness||20||1||Retain your motion sensor while scoped|
|Sensor||20||1||Increases Motion Tracker Range|
|Explosives||26||1||Increases grenade strength and decreases grenade damage to the player|
|Ordinance Priority||26||1||Reduces Threshold for Personal Ordinance|
|Drop Recon||50||1 (Engineer)||HUD indicator for incoming ordinance|
|Gunner||50||1 (Pathfinder)||Turret Cooldown + Mobility while carrying|
|Nemesis||50||1 (Stalker)||Can target and track down previous attacking enemies, highlighting them on the armor's passive sensors|
|Stability||50||1 (Rogue)||Reduces flinch while shot in-scope|
|Stealth||50||1 (Wetwork)||Faster assassinations, quieter footsteps, reduced visibility vs. Promethean Visio|
Search the indicated locations to find all seven terminals:
In Chapter 2: Requiem, you will reach a large tower near the end of the mission. Before attempting to go up it, kill the armored Hunters, and look for a main ramp leading up to the central tower's elevator shaft. Search underneath the transparent ramp to find the first terminal.
In Chapter 3: Forerunner, after Master Chief's screen flickers while searching for the first of two objective at the beginning of the mission, Cortana will say "What's that distortion?" The terminal will be directly ahead, on the ground floor of the central Promethean building, below a circular structure with three columns.
In Chapter 4: Infinity, after meeting up with the UNSC allied soldiers, there will be a cutscene. Once the cutscene ends, turn around to find the terminal.
In Chapter 5: Reclaimer, after getting Cortana back, you will be instructed to escape using an elevator. Before using the elevator, go down the hall to your right, as you enter the hall leading to the elevator, to find the terminal.
In Chapter 6: Shutdown, you will fly a Pelican to multiple locations. Once you reach the Production Tower (third tower), Cortana will say you have to locate the control room. Take the gravity elevator up, then cross the energy bridges toward the objective. Once you reach two Hunters, go back across the energy bridge you just crossed, and go to the right to reach a new platform. The terminal is on the backside of the isolated platform.
In Chapter 7: Composer, after killing the two Hunters, there will eventually be a long cutscene with the Dr. Tillson. Once the cutscene ends, look directly ahead for a building with "ATRIUM" written on it. Look below that building, inside a small cave formed by rocks, to find the terminal.
In Chapter 8: Midnight, after crash landing on the enemy ship, you will have to fight Protheans through several chambers. After entering the third room, look behind the central pillar to find the terminal.
In Multiplayer mode, summon a hologram over a recently killed enemy to tea-bag it.
In Chapter 6: Shutdown, you will be tasked with finding a Pelican at the beginning of the mission. Instead, jump down into the large cargo bay, and go left and straight to find two masked marines standing near a forklift, past a row of Warthogs. Once you find them, they will be silent at first, but eventually start talking. The first marine to speak will always be Conan O'Brien (a late-night talk show host). The second marine to speak will always be Andy Richter (Conan's sidekick and announcer). The following are the three conversations that can be heard:
- Conan: This is a pretty sweet union we're in.
- Andy: It's fantastic.
- Conan: Stand near the crates, but don't ever move 'em.
- Andy: Right, right, if anyone even looks at the crates... that's a violation.
- Conan: Ah yeah.
- Conan: Don't you think rugs would warm this up a little bit?
- Andy: Absolutely, absolutely.
- Conan: Like, literally I'm not talkin' wall to wall, just five area rugs.
- Andy: Mmhmm.
- Conan: Or some oriental rugs, and y'know what? Suddenly it's a whole different vibe in here.
- Andy: Right.
- Conan: I think somethin's up.
- Andy: What?
- Conan: I think there's gonna be a war with an alien they awoke from an ancient slumber.
- Andy: Ooooh, the- wha- that is stupid.
- Conan: I know.
- Andy: I mean, I don't know much, I mostly just load crates, but that is stupid.
- Conan: Y'know, there's one thing my grandpa told me, "Never awaken an alien from an ancient slumber."
In Chapter 5: Reclaimer, after you have destroyed the alien mothership and landed in the desert below, get in a vehicle, and keep looking to the left. Eventually, you will pass a large ravine with waterfalls in the distance on the left while going through the canyons. Get out of the vehicle, and look down. Zoom in between the waterfalls in the distance to see a double rainbow. This is a reference to the Double Rainbow viral YouTube video.Red vs. Blue Easter Eggs
In Episode 1: Chapter 5 - The Cauldron in Spartan Ops mode, pick up the DMR at the beginning of the chapter unless you have another scoped weapon. Kill the first group of enemies, then go up the ramp. There will be some physical and energy barricades. Go straight forward from the barricades, and jump onto the ledge. Look down into the lava below using a scoped weapon. There is a small box stuck in the rocks. Shoot it, and you will hear a unique sound. Then, continue through the chapter. Eventually, Red vs. Blue characters will start talking during the regular dialogue. He will say "Caboose: Um, the regular radio guy isn't here right now. Umm... sorry." and "Caboose: Seriously, the regular guy said he would be right back. He's in the bathroom."
In Episode 2: Chapter 5 - Gagarin in Spartan Ops mode, when the chapter begins, go straight, then turn left at the fork to enter a forest area. Hug the wall on the left. Once you enter an area with some yellow sacs hanging from the walls and ceiling on the left, look for a barely visible hidden box behind some plant leaves on the rocks, below the yellow sacs on the left (it is about halfway up on your left). Shoot it, and you will hear a unique sound. Then, continue through the chapter. Eventually, Red vs. Blue characters will start talking over the radio, usually after completing an objective. The following are the three conversations that can be heard:
- Caboose: What does this button do?
- Church: Caboose, don't touch anything.
- Caboose: But I'm great at buttons. Hey look at that explosion.
- Church: Oh great! You broke it.
- Caboose: The fire broke it! Oh see. Oh great, now I'm on fire, too now. Awesome.
- Griff: Hey Simmons, what do you think this machine does?
- Simmons: How would I know? It's a forty-foot seamless monolith with one massive holographic button. It could be anything, from a giant microwave oven to a weapon with enough power to-
- Caboose: [Background screaming!]
- Simmons: Hey, is that Caboose?
- Grif: Probably. He's on fire.
When there are multiple Promethean Knights in an area, they can be be difficult to defeat, especially on the Legendary difficulty. To kill them easily, make sure you have a mid range weapon (battle rifle, carbine, DMR, light rifle, pistol, etc.) and the shotgun (or equivalent). Start by using your mid range weapon to shoot one of the knights in the head from a distance, but use a low rate of fire to conserve ammo. Fire only one shot every couple of seconds. This will bait him into doing the teleporting-dash across the map to melee you -- bringing him in close and separating him from the rest of the knights. When you see the knight begin to teleport-dash towards you, quickly run backwards and slightly to the side to dodge his melee attack, then switch to your shotgun and shoot him at close range. Repeat this tactic as necessary.Avatar Awards
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Avatar Award:
- Knight Helmet: Get the "Knight In White Assassination" achievement by assassinating a Knight in any Spartan Ops mission.
- UNSC Infinity Hoodie (male/female): Get the "Not Some Recruit Anymore" achievement by ranking your Spartan-IV up to SR-5.
- Platinum Mark IV Helmet: Get the "Wake Up, John" achievement by completing the campaign on the Normal or higher difficulty.
At the beginning of the game, immediately after talking to Cortana outside the cryotube, go down the hallway, and look left to find a set of stairs leading down. Go down the stairs to find a computer. Interact with it to watch a cutscene explaining the story from the first three Halo games, and get the "Digging Up The Past" achievement.Easy "Explore The Floor" achievement
In Chapter 6: Shutdown, you will fly a Pelican to multiple locations. Once you reach the Production Tower (third tower), Cortana will say you have to locate the control room. Take the gravity elevator up, then cross the energy bridges toward the objective. Once you reach two Hunters, stand near the ledge on the platform. When one of the Hunters run at you, use the jet pack to get out of the way. When it falls off the ledge, you will get the "Explore The Floor" achievement.
It is recommended you set the difficulty to "Easy" before attempting to get this achievement. In Chapter 7: Composer, start at the "Rally Point – Alpha" checkpoint, if you have already completed the chapter. Eventually you will find a scientist that will give you a Thruster. In the next room, you will encounter two Hunters. Run to the gun rack on the opposite side of the room; it is past the circular lowered area, and up the ramp. Grab the Sticky Detonator. If you ran ahead fast enough, the two Hunters should be unaware, allowing you to shoot at their backs. Keep shooting them in their backs with the Sticky Detonator, getting a safe distance away, and then detonating the explosives. Get close to the Hunters, and use the Thruster to get behind them so you can shoot them in the back. It should only take three to four hits to kill each Hunter on the Easy difficulty. Note: Before careful, as it is possible for the marine allies to kill the Hunters as well. If they kill one of the Hunters, you will need to restart from the previous checkpoint, and try again to get the "Give Him The Stick" achievement.Easy "Midnight Launch" achievement
In Chapter 2: Requiem, make your way through the wreckage, and eventually you will find an overturned Warthog. Roll the vehicle over, and get in it. While driving forward, stay next to the left wall. Keep looking to the left, and eventually you will see a half-circular entrance with a ramp inside. You must jump off this ramp at midnight to get the achievement. Once you reach this point, save the game. Then, disconnect the Xbox 360 from the internet, and ensure your saved game file is on the hard drive, and not on the cloud storage. At the Xbox 360 dashboard, go to "System Settings", "Console Settings", and select "Clock, Date & Time". Set the system clock to around 11:50 p.m. to ensure you have plenty of time to reach the ramp again. Play Chapter 2: Requiem again, find the Warthog, drive it to the circular entrance. Press Xbox Guide to view the clock. Once the clock reaches midnight, drive through the entrance and up the ramp. Once you drive off the ramp, you should get the "Midnight Launch" achievement.Easy "Roses vs Violets" achievement
In Episode 1: Chapter 5 - The Cauldron in Spartan Ops mode, pick up the DMR at the beginning of the chapter unless you have another scoped weapon. Kill the first group of enemies, then go up the ramp. There will be some physical and energy barricades. Go straight forward from the barricades, and jump onto the ledge. Look down into the lava below using a scoped weapon. There is a small box stuck in the rocks. Shoot it, and you will hear a unique sound and get the "Roses vs Violets" achievement.
Play through any campaign mission on the Heroic or higher difficulty with the Cowbell, Grunt Birthday Party, and IWHBYD Skulls enabled. These three skulls do not increase the game's difficulty by too much, and count towards the "Skullduggary" achievement.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Dawn (10 points): Completed mission 1 on any difficulty.
- Requiem (10 points): Completed mission 2 on any difficulty.
- Forerunner (10 points): Completed mission 3 on any difficulty.
- Infinity (10 points): Completed mission 4 on any difficulty.
- Reclaimer (10 points): Completed mission 5 on any difficulty.
- Shutdown (10 points): Completed mission 6 on any difficulty.
- Composer (10 points): Completed mission 7 on any difficulty.
- Midnight (10 points): Completed mission 8 on any difficulty.
- Wake Up, John (20 points): Completed the Campaign on Normal or harder.
- I Need a Hero (40 points): Completed the Campaign on Heroic or harder.
- The Legend of 117 (70 points): Completed the Campaign on Legendary difficulty.
- Lone Wolf Legend (90 points): Completed the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty.
- Skullduggery (15 points): Completed any Campaign mission with 3 or more Skulls on Heroic or harder.
- Bropocalypse (10 points): Completed any Campaign mission cooperatively on Heroic or harder.
- Contact the Domain (10 points): Found a Terminal in the Campaign.
- Terminus (50 points): Found all of the Terminals in the Campaign.
- Digging up the Past (20 points): Found and accessed Chief's record in mission 1.
- Midnight Launch (20 points): Got significant air in the Warthog at midnight in mission 2.
- This is my Rifle, This is my Gun (20 points): Carried a UNSC weapon all the way through mission 3 on Heroic or harder.
- Bros to the Close (20 points): Completed mission 4 without one preventable Marine death on Heroic or harder.
- Mortardom (20 points): Hijacked a Wraith and used it to kill at least four enemy Wraiths in mission 5 on Heroic or harder.
- Explore the Floor (20 points): Tricked or forced a Hunter to fall to his demise in mission 6.
- Give Him the Stick (20 points): Took out both Hunters using only the Sticky Detonator in mission 7.
- Chief, Smash! (20 points): Killed 3 Crawlers in one hit with the Gravity Hammer in mission 8.
- Not Some Recruit Anymore (15 points): Ranked up your Spartan-IV to SR-5.
- Movin' On Up (25 points): Ranked up your Spartan-IV to SR-20.
- I <3 Red vs Blue (15 points): Won 5 War Games matchmaking matches.
- Hanging on the Combat Deck (30 points): Won 20 War Games matchmaking matches.
- Operation Completion (15 points): Completed a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty.
- A Legendary Episode (40 points): Completed all chapters in Spartan Ops Episode 1 on Legendary difficulty.
- Dedicated to Crimson (80 points): Completed all chapters in the first 5 episodes of Spartan Ops on any difficulty.
- Crimson Alone (20 points): Completed a Spartan Ops chapter solo on Legendary.
- Roses vs Violets (20 points): Found one of the RvB Easter Eggs in Spartan Ops.
- No One Left Behind (20 points): Saved at least one Marine in Chapter 3 of Episode 2 of Spartan Ops on Heroic or harder.
- Knight in White Assassination (20 points): Assassinated a Knight in any Spartan Ops mission.
- What Power Outage? (20 points): Completed Chapter 4, Episode 5 of Spartan Ops without losing a generator on Heroic or harder.
- No Easy Way Out (20 points): In Chapter 1, Episode 5 of Spartan Ops survived the enemy assault during the defense on Normal or harder.
- The Challenged (10 points): Completed a Challenge.
- The Challenger (20 points): Completed 25 Challenges.
- Armorer (5 points): Changed your Spartan's armor in the Spartan Armor card.
- Badge (5 points): Changed your Emblem in the Spartan ID card.
- PWND (5 points): Changed your Service Tag in the Spartan ID card.
- What a Poser! (5 points): Changed your Spartan's pose in the Spartan ID card.
- The Cartographer (5 points): Created and saved a Custom Map in Forge.
- Game Changer (5 points): Created and saved a Custom Game type in War Games.
- Snapshot! (5 points): Saved a Screenshot from the Theater.
- The Director (5 points): Saved a Film Clip from the Theater.
- Sharing is Caring (5 points): Uploaded a File to your File Share.
- Bromageddon (40 points): Completed the Campaign cooperatively on Heroic or harder.
The following achievements require the "Crimson Map Pack" bonus downloadable content:
- Now they Fly? (50 points): In Crimson DLC matchmaking, get a kill while airborne in a Warthog.
- Size is Everything (20 points): In Crimson DLC matchmaking, kill 20 enemies with a detached Machine Gun Turret.
- ODST (30 points): In Crimson DLC matchmaking, kill a player while airborne from a Man Cannon.
- Bigfoot (20 points): In Crimson DLC matchmaking, kill 20 enemies using the Mantis' stomp attack.
- David and Goliath (20 points): In Crimson DLC matchmaking, board an enemy Mantis.
- Pump Yer Brakes (40 points): In Crimson DLC matchmaking, score the killing blow on a Mantis.
- Clay Pigeon (40 points): In Crimson DLC matchmaking, shoot an enemy who’s airborne from a Man Cannon.
- Special Delivery (30 points): In Crimson DLC matchmaking, kill an enemy with melee when landing from a Man Cannon.
The following achievements require the "Majestic Map Pack" bonus downloadable content:
- Didn't See It Comin' (10 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, assassinate an enemy who's in zoom mode.
- Bird of Prey (50 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, perform 5 'airsassinations.'
- Bullet Sponge (30 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, get the 'Close Call' medal twice during one match.
- I See You! (10 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, kill 5 enemies while Promethean Vision is active.
- Clever Girl (10 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, kill 5 enemies while Active Camo is active.
- Flash of Light (30 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, get a Double Kill or higher with one Pulse Grenade.
- Last Man Grinning (20 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, get 4 kills using the SAW without dying.
- Pigs Can Fly (30 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, kill 3 enemies while they are using Jet Packs
- Callin' in the Big Guns (40 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, call in 3 ordnance drops during the same game.
- I Thrust at Thee (20 points): In Majestic DLC matchmaking, perform a melee kill right after using Thrust Pack.
The following achievements require the "Castle Map Pack" bonus downloadable content:
- What is Yours is Also Mine (40 points): In Castle DLC Matchmaking, disable a vehicle and then hijack it.
- Dodge This! (20 points): In Castle DLC Matchmaking, get two direct Spartan Laser kills in one match.
- Hello Nurse! (30 points): In Castle DLC Matchmaking, heal a near-death teammate with Regen Field 5 times.
- That Won't Save You (30 points): In Castle DLC Matchmaking, assassinate an enemy who is using a Hardlight Shield.
- Ashes to Ashes (10 points): In Castle DLC Matchmaking, disintegrate 6 enemies using Forerunner weapons.
- Beating up the Beat (30 points): In Castle DLC Matchmaking, perform 5 melee kills in a single match.
- Sight Seeing (20 points): In Castle DLC Matchmaking, complete a match in any mode for each Castle map
- Scrapyard (30 points): In Castle DLC Matchmaking, destroy 2 vehicles during a single game.
- Outta My Way! (40 points): In Castle DLC Matchmaking, kill 5 enemies during a match by running them over.