King Arthur and the Knights of Justice Summary
Well, this is certainly a blast from the past.
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice is a Super Nintendo game first released in 1995. Developed by Manley & Associates, and published by Enix, before it merged with Square to become Square Enix. It is based on the cartoon of the same title, taking place in Arthurian times.
The gameplay itself is akin to Legend of Zelda, the older ones. Being top-down, the player navigates an overworld while managing the various skills and health of each of Arthur’s knights. To that end, it is worth noting that each knight has their own specific set of abilities and skills, and as such, some knights have specific weaknesses and strengths. To that end, bosses also have specific weaknesses to specific knights. It saw generally negative reviews upon release.
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice Premise
In fantasy Britain, where King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table watch over the kingdom of Camelot. The evil queen, and Arthur’s sister, Morgana, casts a spell over Arthur and his knights. They are imprisoned in the Cave of Glass beneath the castle. Merlin, using a crystal ball to peer into the future, locates a team of brave warriors called “The Knights.” They are led by Arthur King, and they are, in fact, American Football players. Merlin summons them back in time, and dubs them the “Knights of Justice,” and asks them to save the land from the evil queen.
The game is based on the cartoon of the same name, and the game itself follows the first season. A few scenarios from four episodes (“The Unbeliever”, “Even Knights… Have to Eat”, “To Save a Squire”, and “The Way Back”) are directly recognizable in the game’s narrative.
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice Main Characters
A collection of knights from the modern day!
- King Arthur. Not the King Arthur you know from the myths, but a man from the 1990s. But rest assured, he’s as noble as they come.
- Sir Lancelot. Arthur’s best friend, and not a womanizer this time around.
- Merlin. The classic wizard, and the one responsible for bringing the knights from the modern day into the current situation.
- Sir Breeze. One of the more technically minded knights. He also has, oddly, a sphinx for a shield emblem.
- Sir Brick. He wields bricks and is pretty good at defense. Which makes sense.
- Sir Darren. The one with the sharpest eyesight, as he wields a crossbow.
- Sir Gallop. As his name implies, he’s the best on horseback. Also wields a mace.
- Sir Lug. The butt monkey of the group uses a football. Should probably find new friends.
- Sir Phil. Loves to eat, and also wields a mace.
- Sir Tone. He’s Italian! And has the accent to match it.
- Sir Trunk. No, not the one from Dragon Ball. He’s the “ram” of the group, being capable of bulldozing people down.
- Sir Wally. Despite wielding two daggers, Wally is one of the fastest of the team and one of the biggest to boot.
- Sir Zeke. One of the smartest guys on the team, and probably the most dangerous.
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice Titles of Video Games in the Series
This is the only game in the series.
- King Arthur and the Knights of Justice (1995)
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice Cheat Codes
This password places you at the climax of the game with all of the shields/keys for everyone of your knights. The password system in this game does not save any items besides shields/keys so the game requires you to do the last section (The Dark Forest/Plain of the Dead) once again before you can storm Morgana’s castle. Basically, it drops you right at the very end. Good Luck, and have fun!
|Woman, Merlin, Lady, Arthur, Lady
|All Shields/Keys at the end of the game
Quick note: this is a bit vague, so let me tell you what it does. Basically, it takes you straight to th ending cutscene of the game.
|Enter all Lady pictures at the password screen
|End Game Code
When the screen with license text is displayed, enter the code using controller 2. A sound effect will confirm success. During gameplay, press Select on controller 2 to bring up the debug menu. It will allow you to turn off battles, a music and SE test, ending viewer, and more.
|L, R, X, A, B, Y on controller 2
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice Cheat Code FAQs
Alright, let’s cover some FAQs!
- What is the Ultimate Password? Woman, Merlin, Lady, Arthur, Lady
- Was this released on any other console or platform? Sadly, no. Due to negative reviews, and the cartoon being cut, the SNES is the only platform King Arthur and the Knights of Justice can be found on.
And that’s all for now folks, stay safe!