Last Day on Earth: Survival is the sandbox survival game from Kefir Games for iOS and Android mobile devices. Released in 2017, the game continues to receive updates and patches as part of its Beta testing. The most recent version of the title, 1.20.8, arrived on June 29 for Android and July 3 for iOS. As part of the game’s ongoing development and version updates, the developers have a planned upgrade roadmap. The current roadmap extends well into the future, indicating updates coming down the pike.
Similar to other survival games, players need to scavenge for supplies and build a stronghold to fend off outside threats. While the game does include zombies as one of the primary threats, there are also other enemies to consider. Both animals and other players frequently pose a threat to players’ progress. Additionally, you can choose to raid other players and scavenge their base of operations. With the title being on mobile, players will need a persistent online connection to log in and play.
Critic and user reviews of the title are generally very positive, with the game having an aggregate score of 4.4 out of 5 and 4.6 out of 5 stars on the Google Play and Apple App Stores, respectively. Users note that encountering bugs is common but that the developers regularly patch the game to address bug reports and other feedback. Even though Last Day on Earth is in Beta, the current build is very indicative of the final finished product players can expect and is a feature-rich experience.
Last Day on Earth: Survival Premise
Like many other survival games before it, Last Day on Earth: Survival puts players in the shoes of one of the few humans remaining in the zombie apocalypse. Players will need to build a safe house, scavenge for supplies, fend off hunger and thirst, and defend against threats. While players will need to construct weapons and fight off both undead and living enemies, the focus of the gameplay is survival. Players view their character and surroundings via a third-person isometric perspective and the game features stylized 3D models to render realistic-looking assets.
Where Last Day on Earth sets itself apart is in its emphasis on living a day-to-day life following a zombie apocalypse. Sure, the game does feature combat, but players will spend most of their time scavenging for materials and parts necessary to construct their shelter and transportation. In that regard, the title shares a lot in common with some life-sim titles like Animal Crossing or Stardew Valley. As an online game, players will regularly encounter other survivors controlled by real-world players and face the choice of avoiding them or raiding their base of operations.
Outside the standard survival gameplay, Last Day on Earth features dynamic world events that trigger during gameplay. Players’ participation in these events will reward valuable resources used in building and crafting, but time spent away from your safe house is a window of opportunity to get raided by other players. The risk/reward of venturing out of your base to scavenge creates a sense of tension regarding what you’ll find upon your return home.
Last Day on Earth: Survival Main Characters
While the survivors themselves are all player-created characters inhabiting a dynamic online world, the creatures players encounter are all pre-determined. Depending on which areas of the map players find themselves in they will encounter considerable threats. The higher an area’s level, the more likely that players will encounter elite or boss enemies. As a result, it is the creatures of Last Day on Earth that take center stage instead of the survivors. Some of the main creature characters in Last Day on Earth: Survival include:
- Alpha Awakener: The Alpha Awakener is a former boss from Season 14 and has the appearance of a large Awakener enemy coated in protective organic armor.
- Carrion MK VII: The Carrion MK VII is a boss enemy type whose home is the Port area laboratory. It appears as power armor coated in a green infected substance.
- Devourer: The Devourer is a boss enemy type typically found in The Container area. It has the appearance of a larger version of the Toxic Abomination enemies.
- Doctor Dread: Doctor Dread is a large zombie-like creature that resides on the third floor of Bunker Bravo.
- Liquidator: Liquidator is the first boss players encounter in Bunker Bravo. He is still retains his human appearance and protective hazmat gear.
- Ravager: Ravager is one of the easiest bosses in the game and is exclusive to the Crooked Creek Farm location.
- The Big One: The Big One is one of the hardest boss enemies players can encounter and is almost invincible. It has the appearance of a large zombie.
- The Blind One: The Blind One is an incredibly challenging boss exclusive to Hard mode. He resides on the third floor of Bunker ALFA.
- The Miner: The Miner is a zombie boss in the Old Mines who has a drill for a right arm.
- Witch: As one of the more challenging bosses in the game, Witch offers one of the best rewards. By eliminating her and taking her head players can ward off Horde attacks on their settlements.
Games in the Last Day on Earth Series
Currently, Last Day on Earth: Survival is the only game in the series. Developer Kefir Games has one other survival title in its library but with a Viking theme. With the game still in Beta, the developer is likely working toward full release of the first game before beginning development on a sequel. Games in the series include:
- Last Day on Earth: Survival (2017)
Last Day on Earth: Survival Cheats
There are currently no officially supported cheats for Last Day on Earth: Survival. In fact, cheats and hacks are a bannable offense. since all the other survivors are actual players, cheats and hacks would greatly disrupt the game’s balance. There are sites that advertise hacks for the game but almost all of these are scams and even legitimate ones would lead to a permanent ban.
Last Day on Earth: Survival Cheat FAQs
How do you level up fast in Last Day on Earth?
The easiest way to level up fast is to do the following:
1. Use companion skills to complete tasks faster and gain a 15% EXP bonus
2. Regularly clear Bunker ALFA
3. Use Brainweed Seeds to double EXP gain