Mass Effect 3
Battlefield 3 soldier in Multiplayer mode
Link a Battlefield 3 Online Pass to your EA account to unlock the Battlefield 3 soldier in Multiplayer mode.
Chakram Launcher and Reckoner Knight Armor
Download and start the Kingdom Of Amalur: Reckoning demo to unlock the Chakram Launcher weapon and Reckoner Knight Armor in Mass Effect 3 . The armor “will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed-up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity,” and the launcher “uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs.”
Importing character bonuses
Import a saved game file from Mass Effect 2 to get the following bonuses: your character and squad members level from Mass Effect 2 will carry over to Mass Effect 3 ; you will get Squad points to upgrade your powers based on your imported level; if you import a Level 30 Shepard, you will have one point automatically placed for you in one power, and 59 available to place on anything desired; and your Paragon/Renegade points will increase your Mass Effect 3 reputation meter by approximately one quarter. Note: Your morality choices will also be reflected.
Prejek Paddlefish intel bonus
Import a saved game file from Mass Effect 2 with a live Prejek Paddlefish. Successfully complete Mass Effect 3 while keeping it alive. Start a “New Game+” playthrough, and go to Liara’s Quarters on the Normandy to get the Prejek Paddlefish intel bonus, which gives you a 10% bonus to either Weapon Damage or Power Damage.
During the part of the game when you are about to land on planet Gellix to rescue the defected Cerberus scientists, after the scene where you speak to Jacob and immediately before you speak to Dr. Brynn, there will be an ex-Cerberus official (Dr. Brown) mourning her husband beside the screen. Talk to her to get +2 reputation. Then, pause the game, and save. Load the saved game file, and Dr. Brown will still be in the exact same position. Talk to her again to get another +2 reputation. Repeat this as many times as desired.
Search the indicated location or complete the indicated task to get the corresponding weapon:
M3 Predator: First weapon acquired during the Prologue.
Scorpion: In the “Priority: Sur’Kesh” mission, it is found on the floor where Mordin requires you to reactivate the elevator power source. After reactivating the power, find the weapon before turning on the elevator.
M-5 Phalanx: In the “Priority: Tuchanka” mission, it is found on the ground, up the steps leading to the long stretch where the Reaper starts firing its laser at your team.
M-358 Talon: In the “Priority: Citadel” mission, while in C-Sec HQ, you will enter a dark hallway with four offices. One of the first offices is locked. Proceed down the only path forward to find a computer console that will open the office door. Go back and open the door to find the pistol near some other weapons.
M-6 Carnifex: In the “Arrae: Ex-Cerberus Scientists” side-mission, it is found on a pipe in the red-bathed maintenance hallway before taking the ladder up.
Arc Pistol: In the “Priority: Geth Dreadnought” mission, it will be given to Shepard by Tali.
M-77 Paladin: It can be purchased from Spectre Requisitions terminal in the Spectre Office at the Citadel for 200,000 credits.
M-23 Katana: In the “Priority: Mars” mission, it will be given as a starting weapon.
M-27 Scimitar: In the “Priority: Palaven” mission, it is found in the main Turian camp on the ground as you exit for your first objective.
M-22 Eviscerator: In the “Grissom Academy: Investigation” mission, it is found on a red couch after saving the first student.
M-300 Claymore: In the “Attican Traverse: Krogan Team” mission, it is found in the abandoned camp in the left building just as you enter.
Graal Spike Thrower: In the “Priority: Tuchanka” mission, it is found near a guard waiting by the railing just as the mission begins.
Disciple: In the “Lesuss: Ardat-Yakshi Monastery” mission, it is found after discovering the lone Asari, and entering a combat room filled with Cannibals and a shield generator.
Geth Plasma Shotgun: In the “Priority: Rannoch” mission, enter the large combat area with the Geth on a balcony. Kill the enemies, then search right of the area’s entrance to find this weapon.
M-11 Wraith: It can be purchased from Spectre Requisitions terminal in the Spectre Office at the Citadel for 250,000 credits.
M-4 Shuriken: In the “Priority: Mars” mission, it is found inside a lobby security room where Liara works at a computer. Pick up this weapon before activating the security console.
M-9 Tempest: In the “Tuchanka: Turian Platoon” mission, it is found on the ground after defeating a set of unaware Husks and climbing a ladder up, deeper into the caves.
M-25 Hornet: In the “Priority: Citadel” mission, it is found after entering a new area and taking an elevator up; look on the right side for a few items, including this weapon.
M-12 Locust: In the “Priority: Horizon” mission, it is found on the right side of the early lab.
M-8 Avenger: Acquired during the Prologue.
M-15 Vindicator: In the “Priority: Mars” mission, just before entering the Archive chamber, you will see a small security room just off the main hallway. It is inside.
M-96 Mattock: In the “Grissom Academy: Investigation” mission, it is found after leaving the classroom; search the hallway with the red benches.
Phaeston: In the “Tuchanka: Turian Platoon” mission, it is found after chasing off a Harvester and running into some dead Turians in your path. Look near the bodies for this powerful weapon.
M-76 Revenant: In the “Priority: Citadel” mission, it is found before running into a Combat Engineer working on a latch. When you spot him, kill him, but do not work on the latch yourself. Turn around, and enter the restroom of the previous area to find this weapon.
Geth Pulse Rifle: In the “Priority: Perseus Veil” mission, it is found near the control room. It is on a shelf almost directly in your main path, just off to the right.
M-99 Saber: Acquired during the “Priority: Horizon” mission.
M-37 Falcon: Acquired during the “Priority: Cerberus HQ” mission.
M-92 Mantis: In the “Priority: Mars” mission, just after taking the ladder down, look to your right to find this weapon on the ground.
M-97 Viper: In the “Priority: Palaven” mission, it is found on some boxes in the center of the main Turian camp.
M-13 Raptor: In the “Priority: Sur’Kesh” mission, it is found on a bench overlooking the outer facility on the floor where Mordin requires you to reset the elevator power source.
M-29 Incisor: In the “Tuchanka: Bomb” side-mission, it is found on a ramp just as you exit the first combat zone.
Javelin: Acquired during the “Rannoch: Admiral Koris” mission.
M-98 Widow: Acquired during the “Priority: Thessia” mission.
Black Widow: It can be purchased from Spectre Requisitions terminal in the Spectre Office at the Citadel for 250,000 credits.
Multiplayer item pack unlockables
All item pack unlockables are random. Each pack includes a certain rarity of unlockable items, which are as follows:
The Recruit pack costs 5,000 credits. Every item in the list below can be acquired through the Recruit pack. Once you acquire all Common and Uncommon items, you will begin unlocking Rare and Ultra Rare items.
The Veteran pack costs 20,000 credits. This pack is expensive, but it provides a better chance at unlocking Uncommon and Rare items.
The Spectre pack costs 60,000 credits. This pack is very expensive, but it provides a better chance at unlocking Uncommon, Rare, and Ultra Rare items.
All weapons can be acquired ten times. Acquiring a weapon more than once will increase that weapon’s upgrade level. Weapon Mods can also be acquired multiple times, as well as Cobra Missile Capacity, Medi-Gel, Thermal Clips, and other bonuses.
- M-3 Predator
- M-4 Shuriken
- M-8 Avenger
- M-23 Katana
- M-92 Mantis
- Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade
- Assault Rifle Precision Scope
- Assault Rifle Stability Damper
- Pistol High Caliber Barrel
- Pistol Scope
- Shotgun Blade Attachment
- Shotgun High Caliber Barrel
- Shotgun Smart Choke
- SMG Scope
- Sniper Rifle Spare Thermal Clip
- Cobra Missile Launcher
- Ops Survival Pack
- Thermal Clip Pack
- Human Characters (appearance unlockables)
Pack Specific Bonus
- Ammo Bonus Items Rank 1 (Recruit pack only)
- Armor Bonus Items Rank 1 (Recruit pack only)
- Weapon Bonus Items Rank 1 (Recruit pack only)
- M-5 Phalanx
- M-9 Tempest
- M-12 Locust
- M-13 Raptor
- M-15 Vindicator
- M-22 Eviscerator
- M-27 Scimitar
- M-29 Incisor
- M-96 Mattock
- M-97 Viper
- Assault Rifle Piercing Mod
- Assault Rifle Stability Damper
- Pistol Melee Stun
- Pistol Piercing Mod
- SMG Ultralight Materials
- Sniper Rifle Enhanced Scope
- Sniper Rifle Extended Barrel
- Shotgun Shredder Mod
- Shotgun Spare Thermal Clips
- Asari Vanguard
- Drell Adept
- Quarian Infiltrator
- Salarian Engineer
- Turian Sentinel
- Turian Soldier
Pack Specific Bonus
- Ammo Bonus Items Rank 2 (Veteran pack only)
- Armor Bonus Items Rank 2 (Veteran pack only)
- Weapon Bonus Items Rank 2 (Veteran pack only)
- Arc Pistol
- Geth Pulse Rifle
- Geth Pulse Shotgun
- Graal Spike Thrower
- M-6 Carnifex
- M-25 Hornet
- M-37 Falcon
- M-76 Revenant
- M-98 Widow
- M-300 Claymore
- Cobra Missile Launcher Capacity Upgrade +1
- Medi-Gel Capacity Upgrade +1
- Ops Survival Pack Capacity Upgrade +1
- Thermal Clip Pack Capacity Upgrade +1
- Asari Adept
- Drell Vanguard
- Krogan Sentinel
- Krogan Soldier
- Quarian Engineer
- Salarian Infiltrator
- Respec Card
Pack Specific Bonus
- Ammo Bonus Items Rank 3 (Spectre pack only)
- Armor Bonus Items Rank 3 (Spectre pack only)
- Weapon Bonus Items Rank 3 (Spectre pack only)
- Black Widow
- M-11 Wraith
- M-77 Paladin
- M-99 Saber
- M-358 Talon
Intel locations (“From Ashes” DLC)
Search the indicated locations to find the three pieces of intel in the “From Ashes” downloadable content and get the “Freedom Fighter” achievement:
1. Just as you land on the planet, the first piece of intel can be found inside a building to your right. Before continuing to the elevator ahead, enter the building marked with a “6”, and use the computer inside.
2. Take the elevator down into a new arena full of enemies. Kill all of them, then return to the area you started from (where you stepped off the elevator). From there, look to the left to see a building marked with a “5”. Inside is a computer console with the second piece of intel.
3. Look from where you found the second piece of intel to see a building marked with a large “2”. The intel is inside that building. Go through the building, and turn left. You will enter a large room with computer keyboards attached to a desk along the wall. Use the center keyboard to get the final piece of intel and the “Freedom Fighter” achievement.
Using powers on final level
Note: The following trick requires a Kinect. In London on Earth, Harbinger will shoot his laser and knock everyone running to the teleporter that is on the ground linked to the Citadel. You will then get up and start walking in slow motion to the teleporter armed only with a pistol that has infinite ammunition. You normally cannot use your powers with LB or RB. However, you can use Kinect voice commands such as “Carnage”, “Warp”, “Singularity”, or any other projectile power, and Shepard will use the power while in the slow motion state.
Jack as a Phantom
Import a saved game file from Mass Effect 2 with Jack alive. If you do not rescue Jack in “Grissom Academy: Emergency Evacuation” before the “Priority: Citadel 2” mission, she will appear as a Phantom in the “Priority: Cerberus Headquarters” mission. The life bar for a Phantom will be renamed “Jack” and she will say “I will destroy you!”
Legion as Cerberus Assassin
Import a saved game file from Mass Effect 2 where you turned Legion over to Cerberus. In the “Priority: Cerberus Headquarters” mission, as you fight through the Reaper Heart/Brain room, you will come across a number of Cerberus Nemesis and a Geth named “Legion Assassin” that has the same appearance as Legion.
Blasto 6 movie
In the Presidium Commons section of the Citadel, go to the Apartments area. In the hallway, you can activate a movie advertisement on the wall for Blasto 6: Partners In Crime . It involves Blasto, the Hanar Spectre with his Elcor partner.
You can recover your space hamster from Mass Effect 2 by going to Engineering on the Normandy. Go to the lowest level using the stairs. You should then hear some squeaking. If you are fast enough, you can catch your space hamster for your quarters.
Sleeping with Javik the Promethean (“Citadel” DLC)
Play as a female Shepard with the Javik the Promethean DLC available. End the festivities of the Citadel without a romantic partner to have a one night stand with Javik the Promethean.
Raiders Of The Lost Ark reference (“Citadel” DLC)
Progress through the “Citadel” DLC until the part where Shepard visits an archive of ancient artifacts. Look carefully at the Earth Archives to see the Ark of the Covenant from Raiders Of The Lost Ark . Note: There is also a bowl of Easter Eggs on a desk in this area.
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back reference
During the side-mission where you evacuate some Cerberus scientists, the AA-Turrets will fire a path for the evac-shuttle through enemy fighters, and then a voice will announce that the first evac-shuttle has successfully started. This is followed by a cheer from the remaining crew, like in the Hoth scene in Star Wars: Episode 5 – The Empire Strikes Back .
The Hunt For Red October reference
During the introduction sequence for the mission where you are about to land on Rannoch, Commander Shepard is standing in the Normandy’s bridge talking to Joker about the fact there are a lot of enemies out there. Joker laughs it off and says that with the Normandy’s stealth drive engaged, the only way for the Geth to notice you is if you all start singing the Russian national anthem. This is a direct reference to the 1990 film, The Hunt For Red October .
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Avatar Award:
- N7 Helmet: Return to active duty.
- Omniblade: Kill 25 enemies with melee attacks.
Easy “Simulated Hero” and “The One And Only” achievements (“Citadel” DLC)
Enter the Combat Simulator on the Easy difficulty. Defeat all enemies until only one remains. Before defeating the final enemy, switch the difficulty to Normal. Then, defeat the last enemy to get “The One And Only” achievement. To get the “Simulated Hero” achievement, follow the same process, but activate as many multipliers and tough enemies as possible. Super Elites and Reapers with several negative modifiers should be enough.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Driven (5 points): Return to active duty.
- Bringer of War (10 points): Chase down an assassin.
- Mobilizer (15 points): Bring a veteran officer aboard.
- World Shaker (15 points): Destroy an Atlas dropped from orbit.
- Pathfinder (15 points): Explore a lost city.
- Tunnel Rat (15 points): Survive the swarm.
- Party Crasher (15 points): Sabotage a dreadnought.
- Hard Target (15 points): Call down an orbital strike.
- Saboteur (15 points): Disable a group of fighter squadrons.
- Arbiter (25 points): Win a political stand-off.
- Last Witness (25 points): Extract ancient technology.
- Executioner (25 points): Defeat an old adversary.
- Well Connected (15 points): Send a warning across the galaxy.
- Fact Finder (15 points): Discover an enemy’s monstrous origin.
- Liberator (15 points): Stop a Cerberus kidnapping.
- Problem Solver (15 points): Evacuate a scientific facility.
- Patriot (25 points): Make the final assault.
- Legend (50 points): Mission accomplished.
- Shopaholic (10 points): Visit a store in the single-player campaign.
- Master and Commander (50 points): Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.
- Lost and Found (25 points): Dispatch 10 probes to retrieve people or resources in Reaper territory.
- Long Service Medal (50 points): Complete Mass Effect 3 twice, or once with a Mass Effect 2 import.
- Insanity (75 points): Finish the game on Insanity without changing difficulty after leaving Earth.
- A Personal Touch (10 points): Modify a weapon.
- Paramour (25 points): Establish or rekindle a romantic relationship.
- Combined Arms (25 points): Perform any combination of 50 biotic combos or tech bursts.
- Focused (25 points): Evolve any of your powers to rank 6.
- Recruit (10 points): Kill 250 enemies.
- Soldier (15 points): Kill 1,000 enemies.
- Veteran (25 points): Kill 5,000 enemies.
- Bruiser (10 points): Kill 100 enemies with melee attacks.
- Untouchable (10 points): Escape a Reaper in the galaxy map.
- Defender (25 points): Attain the highest level of readiness in each theater of war.
- Overload Specialist (15 points): Overload the shields of 100 enemies.
- Sky High (15 points): Lift 100 enemies off the ground with powers.
- Pyromaniac (15 points): Set 100 enemies on fire with powers.
- Eye of the Hurricane (10 points): Kill a brute while it’s charging you.
- Mail Slot (10 points): Kill 10 guardians with headshots from the front while their shields are raised.
- Hijacker (10 points): Hijack an Atlas mech.
- Giant Killer (10 points): Defeat a harvester.
- Enlisted (5 points): Start a character in multiplayer or customize a character in single-player.
- Tour of Duty (20 points): Finish all multiplayer maps or all N7 missions in single-player.
- Always Prepared (10 points): Obtain two non-customizable suits of armor.
- Tourist (5 points): Complete one multiplayer match or two N7 missions.
- Explorer (15 points): Complete three multiplayer matches or five N7 missions.
- Gunsmith (25 points): Upgrade any weapon to level 10.
- Almost There (15 points): Reach level 15 in multiplayer or level 50 in single-player.
- Peak Condition (25 points): Reach level 20 in multiplayer or level 60 in single-player.
- Battle Scarred (25 points): Promote a multiplayer character to the Galaxy at War or import an ME3 character.
- Unwavering (50 points): Finish all multiplayer maps on Gold or all single-player missions on Insanity.
The following achievements require the “From Ashes” bonus downloadable content:
- Freedom Fighter (25 points): Find all required intel to help Eden Prime’s colonists.
- Prothean Expert (25 points): Learn more about the Prothean Empire.
The following achievements require the “Leviathan” bonus downloadable content:
- No Stone Unturned (25 points): Investigate a sinister conspiracy.
- Under Pressure (50 points): Uncover an ancient secret.
- Conspiracy Theorist (25 points): Use clues to pinpoint the exact location of an objective.
- Family Matters (25 points): Rescue a civilian from Reaper forces.
The following achievements require the “Omega” bonus downloadable content:
- Meticulous (50 points): Complete all the Command Center side-missions on Omega.
- Savior (25 points): Free Omega from Cerberus Occupation.
- Talon (50 points): Find the Talon leader.
The following achievements require the “Citadel” bonus downloadable content:
- Priority Target (25 points): Discover a plot against you.
- High Society (25 points): Go undercover to follow a lead.
- Team Player (25 points): Infiltrate an enemy stronghold with your crew.
- Last Resort (50 points): Stop an out-of-control scheme before it’s too late.
- Perfect Host (10 points): Throw a party for your friends.
- King of the Castle (15 points): Win a prize at one of the arcade games.
- Technical Issues (25 points): Investigate a strange occurrence in the combat simulator.
- Simulated Hero (25 points): Score 9999 points in the combat simulator on Normal, Hardcore, or Insanity.
- The One and Only (50 points): Defeat a group of Spectre-level opponents on Normal, Hardcore, or Insanity.