While playing the game, press [Ctrl] + [Shift] + C to display the console window. Then, type one of the following codes and press [Enter] to activate the corresponding cheat function:
|+150 DNA points||addDNA|
|+2,000 money in Civilization; or +1 million money in Space||moreMoney|
|Replenish depleted health and other motives||refillMotives|
|Increases your money in Civilization or Space||moreMoney|
|Start a new game and choose any creature from the Sporepedia [Note 1]||evoadvantage|
|Unlock all superweapons for your Civilization type||unlockSuperWeapons|
|Unlock and recharge all Space mode creation tools||spaceCreate|
|Unlock all phases; blocks some achievements from being unlocked||levels -unlock|
|Toggle Free Camera mode||freeCam|
|Blocky creature form [Note 1]||blocksmode|
|Set consequence trait||setConsequenceTrait [trait name]|
|Set rate that pirates will steal spice from your systems||universeSimulatorPirateRaidPlunderFrequency [number]|
|Set rate that pirates will raid allies in your systems||universeSimulatorPirateRaidAllyFrequency [number]|
|Set rate that pirates will raid your systems||universeSimulatorPirateRaidFrequency [number]|
|Set time of day at the Avatar’s position; can be used as a speed multiplier||SetTime [1-24] , [0-59]|
|Save spinning GIF image of your planet to “AnimatedAvatars” directory||capturePlanetGIF|
|Toggle display of user interface in screenshots||toggleCaptureUI|
|Toggle drawing pause frame||pauseUIVisible|
|Toggle editor complexity limits creations that break limits will not be pollinated||freedom [on or off]|
|Toggle monochrome background and creatures [Note 2]||styleFilter -filmNoir|
|Toggle oil painting background and creatures [Note 2]||styleFilter -oilpaint|
|Microscope visual style||styleFilter -microscope|
|No rainbows visual style||styleFilter -norainbows|
|Next generation visual style||styleFilter -nextgen|
|Reset view to normal||styleFilter -none|
|Removes all hints||Killallhints|
|Display and modify properties||prop|
|Rename indicated star in Space stage [Note 3]||rename star [name]|
|Rename indicated planet in Space stage [Note 3]||rename planet [name]|
|List previous commands||history|
|List console commands||help|
|Explains action and usage of a command||help [command]|
|Extended help for commands||help -full|
|Clear console window||clear|
|Exit to Windows||quit|
Note 1: Requires the v1.01 patch or later.
Note 2: The user interface will still display in color. This does not work in Cell stage.
Note 3: Go to a solar system that is not associated with your player or another saved game. You can rename everything in your own system except for your home world.
Consequence trait names
Use one of the following values with the ” setConsequenceTrait [trait name]” code:
- cell carnivore
Will Wright’s spinning head
Click on the galaxy to view it. Zoom out and begin spinning the galaxy. After a few seconds, Will Wrights’ head will spin out of it.
Growing in Cell stage
When you emerge from the meteor, eat meat or plants to complete the “Eat” mission. You should grow in size. Keep eating until a cell eats another and reveals a gold shield. Swim into it, and keep eating. Mate to equip the part in the gold shield. After you grow, find a “Booster” (red and have more than two eyes), and defeat it. This will unlock another gold shield. Swim into it, and keep eating. After you grow again, find a cell that is leaving a pink trail. Defeat it, and stay out of the trail. This will unlock another gold shield. Swim into it. Keep eating until you grow. Find a pink cell named “Pinky” or “Punky”, and defeat it. This will unlock another gold shield. Swim into it. After you grow two times, find a “Buzzy” (orange). This will unlock another gold shield. Swim into it. Keep eating until you finish the Cell stage.
Becoming an omnivore in Cell stage
Use the following trick to become an omnivore, even if your Cell stage development chart makes you a carnivore or herbivore. Explore in the Cell stage until you find a cell with an omnivore mouth, which looks like a tube, and acquire it. Once you have it, evolve into the Creature stage normally, but do not delete the mouth. Shrink it and hide it behind another part. Then, even if the mouths you are allowed to select from are not omnivore mouths, you still have the omnivore mouth from the Cell stage. This is useful in a variety of ways. For example, if you are a carnivore all the way through the Cell stage but you want to make friends in the Creature stage, you normally cannot. You have to eat at least some creatures to survive.
Easy impressing in Creature stage
During the Creature stage (right out of the tidal pool), you can get additional parts for your creature by impressing the alpha versions of the fellow inhabitants of your world. When you first approach them, sometimes others of their species will join in the game. The more of them there are, the more difficult it can become. Push the alpha away from the nest, and try to solo it out so that you only have to deal with him dancing, singing, etc. against your crew of followers.
Conquering planets in Space stage
Note: This trick will start a war. Enable the ” setConsequenceTrait space_zealot ” code. A new tool called “Fanatical Frenzy” will appear in your “Socialization” tools. If you already had it, it will instantly be recharged. Use it on a planet, and it will automatically become yours. This also works on home worlds. However, unless you have over 35 points in your relationship with another empire or are far away from the other empire, they will most likely go to war with you. To determine your relationship (and the positive and negative factors affecting it), move the pointer over the image of the planet owner when over or on a plane. Continually use this trick against enemy home worlds while using your normal weapons on the rest of their planets until there are no other empires that are at war against you. You should now be in control of a large portion of the galaxy.
Start with domesticated animals in Tribal stage
Have members of other tribes in your pack before completing the Creature stage. When you advance to the Tribal stage, they will be transformed into domesticated animals in your tribe’s pen.
Easy “Epic Killer” achievement
The only sure way to get this achievement is to lure an Epic into another Epic. Note: Save your game before you get to the battle with the Epics. An Epic creature is much bigger than the usual species. It can one-shot almost anything, even though its attack range of 3-7 is not very powerful to you. Epic creatures have 1,000 health. First, get a Spit weapon with at least 4+ Spit. Spit will lure the Epic towards you, but be careful so you do not get killed. Next, have two or three Pack members (Rogue recommended). Rogues are more powerful than a normal creature, but weaker than an Epic. Rogues have 250 health and do massive damage. Spit at an Epic creature, and make it follow you. Stay at a distance, and lure it to another. Find the two you want to battle. Once they start, find the one that will probably win. Start attacking the one that is about to win. This will increase your chances of getting the achievement. Once the Epic battle is over, the Epic that won and the one you attacked should be down to about 200 health or less. If not, quit to the main menu and restart. Constantly Spit until it is down to less than 10 health. Charge it, then Strike or Bite, and you will win and get the “Epic Killer” achievement. -From: Brian Pken
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select “Community”, “My profile”, “View all my games”, then the game and view stats.
- Architect: Create and share 50 buildings.
- Automotive Engineer: Make and publish 50 vehicles.
- Biologist: Create and publish 100 different creatures.
- Can’t Win For Losing: Die at least once in every stage of Spore.
- Creator: Spend more than 50 hours in the Creators.
- De’ja` Vu: Stumble across one of your own creations when exploring the universe.
- Front Page News: Have one of your creations or Sporecasts featured on the Spore website.
- Galactic God: Evolve a creature from cell to intergalactic space traveler in one continuous game.
- Pathological Cheater: Use a cheat more than 50 times.
- Photographer: Send a photo or video to a friend from the Test Drive mode.
- Rising Star: Have 5 different Sporecasts subscribed to by at least 10 different people.
- Social Engineer: Make 5 Sporecasts of 50 assets or more.
- Spore Addict: Spend 100 hours in your Spore galaxy.
- Spore Fan: Spend 50 hours in your Spore galaxy.
- Universe in a Box: Play every game level and use every creator at least once.
- Aluminum Cell: Finish the Cell stage on Hard difficulty.
- Cell Addict: Finish the Cell stage 25 times.
- Completist: Unlock all the parts in Cell stage.
- Creature Stage Unlocked: Play enough of the Cell stage to unlock the Creature stage.
- Landfall: Finish the Cell stage and clamber onto the planet’s surface!
- Pacifist: Finish the Cell stage without killing another creature.
- Speedfreak: Finish the Cell stage in under 8 minutes.
- Adamantium Civilization: Finish the Civilization stage on Hard difficulty.
- Conclusion: Finish the Civilization stage by launching ICBMS and destroying all other cities.
- Economist: Finish the Civilization stage with more than 8 economic cities.
- Fear of Flying: Complete the Civilization stage without buying any air vehicles.
- Ghetto Blaster: Make 10 Anthems in the Civilization stage.
- Military Strongman: Finish the Civilization stage with more than 8 military cities.
- Missionary: Finish the Civilization stage with more than 8 religious cities.
- Relentless: Complete the Civilization stage 10 times.
- Rolling Thunder: Complete the Civilization stage in less than an hour.
- Space Stage Unlocked: Play enough of the Civilization stage to unlock the Space stage.
- Spice Hoarder: Control every spice node on the planet simultaneously in the Space stage.
- Starman: Conquer all the other cities in the Civilization stage and launch your first space vessel in the Space stage.
- Bestial: Complete the Creature stage 10 times.
- Cerberus: Evolve a creature with three heads in the Creature stage.
- Devourer: Eat 50 different species across any number of games in the Creature stage.
- Epic Killer: Kill an Epic Creature in the Creature stage.
- Everyone’s BFF: Finish the Creature stage by befriending at least 20 other species in the Creature stage.
- Evolver: Finish Creature stage.
- Flight of the Bumblebee: Fly for over 200 meters without touching the ground in the Creature stage.
- Foe: Extinct at least 20 other species in Creature stage.
- General Custer: Lead 30 posse members to their death in the Creature stage.
- Iron Creature: Finish the Creature stage on Hard difficulty.
- Max Power: Build a creature with max stats in at least four abilities while playing the Creature stage.
- Slugger: Finish Creature Stage without using legs.
- Socialite: Meet 200 creatures made by other players in the Creature stage.
- Speed Demon: Complete the Creature stage in less than an hour.
- Survivor: Complete the Creature stage without dying.
- Tribe Stage Unlocked: Play enough of the Creature stage to unlock the Tribe stage.
- Village Folks: Have three posse members from different species in the Creature stage.
- 42: Find the Center of the Galaxy in the Space stage.
- Alter Ego: Played Space as all 10 archetypes.
- Alter Ego’s Alter Ego: Achieve Master Badge Level 10 as all archetypes in the Space stage.
- Bard Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Bard in the Space stage.
- Bard Passion: Play as Bard in the Space stage.
- Bio Engineer: Edit 25 creatures with the Creature Tweaker in the Space stage.
- Careless Parent: Lose 5 planets in the Space stage.
- Civil Engineer: Promote 20 alien tribes to civilizations in the Space stage.
- Conquistador: Capture 15 star systems in the Space stage.
- Diplomat Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Diplomat in the Space stage.
- Diplomat Passion: Play as Diplomat in the Space stage.
- Ecologist Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Ecologist in the Space stage.
- Ecologist Passion: Play as Ecologist in the Space stage.
- Empire Builder: Maximize colonies on 10 planets in the Space stage.
- Gunner: Destroy at least 500 other spaceships in the Space stage.
- Identity Crisis: Forge an alliance between two space faring races of your own creation in the Space stage.
- Knight Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Knight in the Space stage.
- Knight Passion: Play as Knight in the Space stage.
- Manifest Destiny: Find Earth in the Space stage.
- Maxis Scout: Earn 100 badges in the Space stage.
- Oh the Humanity!: Gained for destroying Earth using a Planet Buster in the Space Stage.
- Palm Greaser: Pay 50 bribes in the Space stage.
- Quest Master: Complete 150 missions in the Space stage.
- Quietus Star: Destroy 20 planets in the Space stage.
- Scientist Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Scientist in the Space stage.
- Scientist Passion: Play as Scientist in the Space stage.
- Shaman Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Shaman in the Space stage.
- Shaman Passion: Play as Shaman in the Space stage.
- Split Personality: Complete a “Change Archetype” mission in the Space stage.
- Super Pilot: Spend at least 40 hours piloting your spaceship in the Space stage.
- Thief: Steal 50 crates of spice in the Space stage.
- Trader Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Trader in the Space stage.
- Trader Passion: Play as Trader in the Space stage.
- Wanderer Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Wanderer in the Space stage.
- Wanderer Passion: Play as Wanderer in the Space stage.
- Warrior Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Warrior in the Space stage.
- Warrior Passion: Play as Warrior in the Space stage.
- Zealot Hero: Achieved Master Badge Level 10 as Zealot in the Space stage.
- Zealot Passion: Play as Zealot in the Space stage.
- Zoo Keeper: Make 15 zoo planets in the Space stage.
- Civilization Stage Unlocked: Play enough of the Tribe stage to unlock the Civilization stage.
- Domestic Bliss: Domesticate and farm three different species in the Tribal stage.
- Ergonomically Terrific: Complete the Tribal stage in less than an hour in the Tribal stage.
- Founder: Complete the Tribal stage and build a city in the Tribal stage.
- Medic: Heal one of your tribe members back to full health 5x in a single game during the Tribal Stage.
- Steel Tribe: Finish the Tribal stage on Hard difficulty .
- Tribal: Complete the Tribal stage 10 times.
- Tribal Socialite: Convert all 5 other tribes to your belief system in the Tribal stage.
- Vicious: Kill all members of all 5 other tribes and raze their villages in the Tribal stage.
- Watchful Parent: Complete the Tribal stage without the death of a single tribe member in the Tribal stage.