The Amazing Spider-Man Bonus costumes
Once you have unlocked the camera, set your system clock to December 23, 2012 or later. Then, go to one of the indicated locations and take a picture of the hidden Spider-Man emblem to unlock the corresponding suit at Peter’s apartment:
- Big Time costume
In Times Square, search behind the red bleachers, on the glass, to find the hidden Spider-Man emblem.
Black suit (Sam Raimi trilogy)
To the left of the main Oscorp Building downtown, look under the Gazebo in the narrow park near the Daily Bugle to find the hidden Spider-Man emblem. Alternately, successfully complete 50% of Campaign mode to unlock the Black suit.
Future Foundation costume
One block right of the north bridge (near the Oscorp Lab along New York’s north side), search a small alley behind the gas station/store to find the hidden Spider-Man emblem. Alternately, successfully complete all crimes and green side missions to unlock the Future Foundation costume.
Negative Zone costume
Search the top of the Beenox building (second building in from the Brooklyn Bridge) to find the hidden Spider-Man emblem. Alternately, complete all Xtreme challenges to unlock the Negative Zone costume.
Scarlet Spider (2012) suit
Locate the fountain near the middle of Central Park. Then, go north until you reach the middle bridge, which is directly at the center of Central Park. On the right side of the bridge is a red Spider-Man emblem. Alternately, collect all 700 comics to unlock the Scarlet Spider (2012) suit.
50th Anniversary Party Hat
Set your system clock to anytime in August 2012 to unlock the Spider-Man 50th Anniversary Party Hat at Peter’s apartment. -From: Axle
Black suit (The Amazing Spider-Man 2)
Successfully complete the game with a 100% completion to unlock the Black suit (The Amazing Spider-Man 2).
Register any of the game’s DLC (including any pre-order code you may have received) to unlock the Classic suit (Sam Raimi trilogy) in Peter’s apartment.
Cross Species costume
Successfully complete the game on any difficulty to unlock the Cross Species Spider-Man costume.
Original suit (no belt)
When the game starts, go to Peter’s apartment, and view the alternate costumes. The original suit will be in the closet.
Successfully complete Story mode, then go to your apartment, and exit. A menu will appear allowing you to change the time of day.
Collect the indicated number of hidden pages to unlock the corresponding comic book:
- First Black Cat: 125 pages
- First Gwen Stacy: 350 pages
- First Iguana: 250 pages
- First Lizard: 15 pages
- First Rhino: 50 pages
- First Scorpion: 80 pages
- First Smythe: 500 pages
- First Spider-Man: 5 pages
- Modern Lizard: 30 pages
- Vs. Vermin: 175 pages
Comic book page finder
Collect 500 comic book pages (there are 700 total pages: 100 flying pages, and 600 stationary in both the open world and in levels) to unlock the comic book page finder on the mini map (will appear as yellow dots).
Easy XP and Tech Points
In Chapter 1: Oscorp Is Your Friend, you will fight the S-01. Each kill gives you 2,000 XP and 150 Tech Points. Each kill takes under four minutes. Keep defeating the S-01 as many times as desired to quickly level up and max out your available skills.
Guitar Hero reference
Locate a pawn shop in the city. They are easy to spot if you look for red and green signs that say “PAWN SHOP” or “BUY SELL.” Look inside the windows of any pawn shop to see a couple of old Guitar Hero controllers for sale.
Stan Lee references
The owner of the apartment where Peter is staying is named Stan. His name is mentioned numerous times. In the Amazon DLC, it is revealed that Stan is actually Stan Lee, the creator of Spider-Man and numerous other Marvel superheroes. Stan even refers to his inclusion in the game when swinging around, commenting that this is his “best cameo ever.”
Photo challenge locations
Go to the following ten locations and take a picture to complete the Whitney Chang article photo challenges:
Search the indicated locations to find the collectables (Audio Evidence, Magazines, Oscorp Security Manuals, Photo Ops, and Tech Pieces):
Chapter 1: Oscorp Is Your Friend
Chapter 2: Escape Impossible
Chapter 3: In The Shadow Of Evils Past
Chapter 4: The Thrill Of The Hunt
Chapter 5: Train Docking Station (side mission)
Chapter 6: Smythe Strikes Back
Chapter 6: Water Treatment Facility (side mission)
Chapter 7: Spidey To The Rescue
Chapter 8: St. Gabriel’s Bank (side mission)
Chapter 10: Spidey No More! and Chapter 11: If This Be My Destiny
Chapter 12: Where Crawls The Lizard?
Easy “Clean Victory” achievement
During the “Hunter Fight” chapter, keep getting close to the Hunter and using Web-Strike to defeat it. It should take between three to five strikes to defeat the Hunter. Make sure you do not use your Web-Shooters while fighting the Hunter to get the “Clean Victory” achievement. Alternately, after your first encounter with the Hunter, there will be seeker robots searching for cross-species as you free roam around the city. Let one lock-on to you, and then it will call in a Hunter. Defeat it using Web-Strike to get the “Clean Victory” achievement.
Easy “I’m On A Roll” achievement
During the “Beloit Psychiatric Hospital” chapter (very early in the game), you will come to a computer terminal that you must use. After using it, you will need to go up into the vent to overlook a prison room filled with inmates. Jump down and start running to the doors with the inmates next to them to get as many inmates as possible to follow you. Once they are in a large crowd around you, just keep performing combos on them and using your special move to keep the combo streak going and get the “I’m On A Roll” achievement.
Easy “The Sky Is The Limit” achievement
During the “S-01 Fight” chapter, you will encounter the large robot named S-01. To get “The Sky Is The Limit” achievement, you must defeat it without ever touching the ground. Just keep tapping [Swing] while using Web-Strike to defeat it without touching the ground.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select “Community”, “My profile”, “View all my games”, then the game and view stats.
- A Dash of Spider: Complete all XTreme Race challenges.
- All Tied Up: Defeat 100 enemies by performing Stealth Takedowns.
- Amazing Spider-Man: Unlock all concept art.
- Apparent Defeat: Rescue the civilian in the train docking station.
- Beating the Odds: Clear the second fight against the Hunter robots.
- Big Apple, Big Worm: Defeat the S-02.
- Call Interrupted: Destroy a Seeker before it can call a Hunter.
- Car Hopper: Clear all car chases.
- Clean Victory: Defeat a Hunter without using your Web-Shooters.
- Corporate: Collect all Oscorp Manuals.
- Deeply Sorry: Defeat Nattie.
- Down for the Count: Win the showdown in the water treatment facility.
- Friendly Neighbor: Save all hostages caught in petty crimes.
- FYI I’m Spider-Man: Perform 25 Signature Moves.
- Gladiator: Complete all Oscorp Secret Research Labs.
- Haymaker: Perform a Web-Rush punch.
- Heavyweight Champion: Defeat 1,000 enemies.
- I’m on a Roll!: Achieve a combo streak of 42.
- Jinxed: Capture the cat burglar.
- Journalist: Collect all Audio Evidence.
- Keep It Together: Immobilize 6 enemies simultaneously with web.
- Librarian: Collect all Magazines.
- Lightweight Champion: Defeat 100 enemies.
- Middleweight Champion: Defeat 500 enemies.
- Negotiator: Resolve all police deadlocks.
- On the Fly: Collect all 700 Spider-Man Comic Pages.
- Peace of Mind: Return all escapees to the police.
- Pest Control: Defeat Scorpion in the city.
- Peter Parker: Complete the game on human difficulty.
- Sanitized: Rescue all infected civilians.
- Siege Averted: Defeat the S-01.
- Smell You Later: Defeat Vermin.
- Spectacular Spider-Man: Chain 10 Web-Rushes in the city.
- Speed Bump Ahead: Defeat Rhino in the city.
- Spider-Man: Complete the game on super hero difficulty.
- Stick to the Plan: Defeat 50 enemies by performing Stealth Takedowns.
- Switched Off: Rescue Alistaire Smythe.
- Tail? You Lose: Defeat Scorpion in Oscorp tower.
- Tech Savvy: Collect all hidden Tech Pieces.
- The Camera Loves You: Complete all XTreme Video challenges.
- The Sky Is the Limit: Defeat the S-01 without touching the ground.
- Tomorrow Is Saved: Defeat the S-03.
- Ultimate Spider-Man: Acquire all upgrades.
- Vigilante: Complete the game on hero difficulty.
- Welcome Back, Friend: Defeat Lizard.
- Who’s the Prey?: Clear the first fight against the Hunter robots.