Nuts n' bolts are a common resource. You typically find them when breaking open metallic objects. There are lots of metal objects you can break for nuts n' bolts, like cars, refrigerators, arcade machines, playground equipment, small metal cans (always on the far edges of the map). All of these metal objects will normally give you nuts n' bolts. The metal cans will always drop nuts n' bolts, but there is only a high chance with the rest. Metallic objects are also limited. To get nuts n' bolts more quickly and easily, unlock Map 2: Plankerton. Get the "Repair The Shelter" quest. Uncover areas of the map to reveal yellow dots. The yellow dots are cache locations. Loot them to get 75+ nuts n' bolts per cache. The more area you uncover on the map, the more caches you can collect for easy nuts n' bolts.Evolving heros
Evolving a hero unlocks extra passive and active skills. One star abilities can be unlocked by leveling from 1-10, but you must evolve to unlock two star and level 11-20 abilities. Before you begin to evolve heros, you must put 30 skill points into the tier 1 skill tree to unlock the two star class evolution skill node. This allows you to evolve a hero of that class only; you must earn enough skill points to unlock another two star class evolution skill node. Thus, it is recommended that you are sure you want to play a particular hero before investing your points into unlocking their evolution. You need to invest skill points in a class skill line before you can unlock its evolution. After unlocking the two star class evolution, you also must meet the following requirements:
Hero level: You need to invest 10 levels into the hero that you want to level up. Each level will progressively take more XP to level up.
Hero XP: In addition to the XP you need to level from 1 to 10, you need an additional amount of XP to evolve a hero. Retiring a hero you no longer want to use will return a large amount of invested XP to you -- so if you are short on XP, consider retiring a hero you no longer wish to use.
Evolution crafting material: Each star tier requires a different crafting material. Two star evolutions require Pure Drops Of Rain, three star evolutions require Lightning In A Bottle, etc. Evolution crafting materials can be earned by completing quests, missions, retiring a hero, and inside of certain loot llamas.
Training manual: Can be acquired by completing quests, as mission rewards, or by retiring survivors and heroes.
The hero evolution screen displays all of the requirements, as well as any stats you will gain. After selecting evolve, your hero's star level will increase and you can begin working towards the next level of evolution.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- All Tied Up: Complete "Twine Peaks Storm Shield Defense 6".
- Guardian Angel: Save 10,000 Survivors in successful missions.
- Plays Well with Others: Complete 1,000 Play With Others missions.
- Amped for Expansion: Complete "Canny Valley Storm Shield Defense 6".
- Into the Night: Complete "Twine Peaks Storm Shield Defense 1".
- Many Planks: Complete all the Main Quests in Plankerton.
- Uncanny!: Complete all the Main Quests in Canny Valley.
- Unspeakable Horrors: Kill 20,000 Mist Monsters in successful missions.
- World Explorer: Fully explore 1,500 zones in successful missions.
- All Together Now: Complete "All Together Now" (Daily Quest).
- Become a Superhero: Complete "Hero Training - Stage 2".
- Before and After Science: Complete "Before and After Science".
- Can You Feel that Shield Power?: Complete "Homebase Storm Shield Defense 6".
- Constructor Leadership: Unlock access to the Constructor Hero.
- Crank Up the Gain: Complete "Plankerton Storm Shield Defense 6".
- Darwin Rewards: Complete "Weapon/Trap Evolution".
- Dragon Slash!: Unlock access to the Ninja Hero.
- Future Days: Complete "Canny Valley Storm Shield Defense 1".
- Gotta Get Rifty: Complete "Rifty Business".
- Gunsmith: Craft your first weapon.
- Hired Gun: Unlock and Slot your first Storm Shield Defender.
- Launch the Rocket: Complete all the Main Quests in Stonewood.
- Liberation!: Complete "The Battle of Plank Harbor".
- Man on a Mission: Unlock and Slot your first Mission Defender.
- Outlandish!: Unlock access to the Outlander Hero.
- Proven Defender: Complete "Defender Training - Stage 2".
- Quad Squad: Complete "Quad Squad".
- Ray.README: Complete "Ray.README".
- Rescue the Survivors: Complete "Rescue the Survivors".
- Retrieve the Data: Complete "Retrieve the Data".
- Ride the Lightning: Complete "Ride the Lightning".
- Shelter from the Storm: Complete "Homebase Storm Shield Defense 1".
- Shelter Skelter: Complete "Shelter Skelter".
- Some Sort of Rocket: Complete your first mission.
- Survivor Specialist: Complete "Survivor Training - Stage 2".
- Take Out Those Husks: Protect the survivors.
- Two Swirls: Complete "Two Swirls".
- Walk the Plank!: Complete "Plankerton Storm Shield Defense 1".
- Wow, I'm Inside!: Complete "Six Minutes".
- Evil Things with Crazy Teeth: Complete "Toxic Treasures - Stage 10".
- Go Gnome!: Destroy 100 Garden Gnomes in successful missions.
- Loot Legend: Loot 300 Treasure Chests in successful missions.
- Talented Builder: Build 500,000 Structures in successful missions.
- ... Oops.: Complete "I'm Probably Dead".
- Epic Troll Stash: Complete "Epic Troll Stash".