The Sims 4 Summary
Few gaming experiences can merge the whimsy of creating virtual lives with the intricate design of life simulation. Developed by Maxis, published by Electronic Arts, The Sims 4 is the latest iteration of the beloved series that transforms casual life adventures into masterpieces. It enables players to craft their own virtual worlds, deciding everything from the Sims’ careers to relationships. By introducing new gameplay dynamics such as emotions, it pushed itself away from merely constructing homes or navigating social interactions. Players can shape stories, forge alliances, and navigate the unpredictable landscape of life. In essence, The Sims 4 is a chaotic ballet of life decisions, emotional spectrums, and the unexpected twists and turns of virtual lives.
Beyond the new mechanics, The Sims 4 offers a universe of possibilities, limited only by the player’s imagination. From the relationships Sims form to the careers they pursue, every choice contributes to the evolving narrative of their lives. Whether guiding a Sim to find their soulmate, achieve their career aspirations, or navigate the challenges of raising a virtual family, players are at the helm. They can take their stories in directions as diverse as the choices in front of them.
The Sims 4 Premise
In a virtual universe where every decision impacts the trajectory of a virtual life, players wield godlike powers to control “Sims”. One can define their appearance, personality, and ambitions. The Sims 4 is a journey through various life scenarios. It gives you the ability to shape the destiny of your Sims through relationship and career challenges. With extensive customization options, players can design every facet of their Sims’ existence, from their homes to their daily routines. As players delve deeper, they’ll traverse different neighborhoods, interact with other Sims, and partake in a myriad of activities. But the journey isn’t just about the physical world; emotions profoundly influence interactions and decisions. This new mechanic creates a dynamic narrative that unfolds with every choice. It turns the most basic of activities into a captivating adventure teeming with unpredictability.
The Sims 4 Main Characters
In The Sims 4, players create and control their own characters. So in essence, you are the protagonist in in this God-sim of modern life. Players can customize all aspects of their Sims as they guide them through various life scenarios. Whatever main characters exist in any playthrough of The Sims 4 are created and controlled by the player.
Games in the The Sims Series
There are also countless expansions and game packs released alongside the mainline / console entries.
- The Sims (2000)
- The Sims Online (2002)
- The Sims: Bustin’ Out (2003)
- The Urbz: Sims in the City (2004)
- The Sims 2 (2004)
- The Sims 2: Pets (2006)
- The Sims 2: Castaway (2007)
- The Sims: Life Stories (2007)
- The Sims: Pet Stories (2007)
- The Sims 2: Apartment Pets (2008)
- The Sims: Castaway Stories (2008)
- The Sims Carnival: BumperBlast (2008)
- The Sims Carnival: SnapCity (2008)
- The Sims 3 (2009)
- The Sims 3: Ambitions (2011)
- The Sims 3: Pets (2011)
- The Sims Medieval (2011)
- The Sims Social (2011)
- The Sims FreePlay (2011)
- The Sims 4 (2014)
- The Sims Mobile (2017)
The Sims 4 Skills Cheat Codes
Entering cheats in The Sims 4 is fairly easy.
- Open the Cheat Console: To open the cheat console, you will need to press “Ctrl + Shift + C” on your keyboard if you are using a PC, or “Command + Shift + C” if you are using a Mac. This will open a box at the top of the screen where you can enter the cheats.
- Enter the Cheat: Type the cheat code into the box and hit “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Close the Cheat Console: To close the cheat console, simply press “Ctrl + Shift + C” or “Command + Shift + C” again.
It is important to note that some cheats require you to enter “testingcheats true” before they will work. This cheat enables additional cheats and allows you to shift-click on Sims and objects to access more options.
Each cheat sets the skill level on a scale of either 1-5 or 1-10 depending on the specific skill. Simple input each cheat with the desired level number in the space of the “(n)”. For example, if you want your baking skill level to be at 10 you would enter “stats.set_skill_level Major_Baking 10” into the cheat menu.
- Acting: stats.set_skill_level Major_Acting (n)
- Baking: stats.set_skill_level Major_Baking (n)
- Archaeology: stats.set_skill_level Major_Archaeology (n)
- Baking: stats.set_skill_level Major_Baking (n)
- Bartending: stats.set_skill_level Major_Bartending (n)
- Bowling: stats.set_skill_level Skill_Bowling (n)
- Charisma: stats.set_skill_level Major_Charisma (n)
- Comedy: stats.set_skill_level Major_Comedy (n)
- Cooking: stats.set_skill_level Major_Cooking (n)
- Cross Stitching: stats.set_skill_level Skill_CrossStitch (n)
- Dancing: stats.set_skill_level Minor_Dancing (n)
- DJ Mixing: stats.set_skill_level Major_DJ (n)
- Entrepreneur: stats.set_skill_level adultminor_entrepreneur (n)
- Fabrication: stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Fabrication (n)
- Fishing: stats.set_skill_level Major_Fishing (n)
- Fitness: stats.set_skill_level Skill_Fitness (n)
- Flower Arranging: stats.set_skill_level statistic_skill_AdultMajor_FlowerArranging (n)
- Gardening: stats.set_skill_level Major_Gardening (n)
- Gourmet Cooking: stats.set_skill_level Major_GourmetCooking (n)
- Guitar: stats.set_skill_level Major_Guitar (n)
- Handiness: stats.set_skill_level Major_Handiness (n)
- Herbalism: stats.set_skill_level Major_Herbalism (n)
- Homestyle Cooking: stats.set_skill_level Major_HomestyleCooking (n)
- Juice Fuzzing: stats.set_skill_level AdultMinor_JuiceFizzing (n)
- Knitting: stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Knitting (n)
- Major Logic: stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic (n)
- Media Production: stats.set_skill_level Minor_Media (n)
- Medium: stats.set_skill_level Minor_Medium (n)
- Mischief: stats.set_skill_level Major_Mischief (n)
- Mixology: stats.set_skill_level Major_Bartending (n)
- Painting: stats.set_skill_level Major_Painting (n)
- Parenting: stats.set_skill_level Major_Parenting (n)
- Pet Training: stats.set_skill_level skill_Dog (n)
- Photography: stats.set_skill_level Major_Photography (n)
- Piano: stats.set_skill_level Major_Piano (n)
- Pipe Organ: stats.set_skill_level Major_PipeOrgan (n)
- Programming: stats.set_skill_level Major_Programming (n)
- Reaping: stats.set_skill_level Major_Reaping (n)
- Research & Debate: stats.set_skill_level Major_ResearchDebate (n)
- Robotics: stats.set_skill_level Major_Robotics (n)
- Rock Climbing: stats.set_skill_level Major_RockClimbing (n)
- Rocket Science: stats.set_skill_level Major_RocketScience (n)
- Selvadoradian Culture: stats.set_skill_level Minor_LocalCulture (n)
- Singing: stats.set_skill_level Major_Singing (n)
- Skiing: stats.set_skill_level Major_Skiing (n)
- Snowboarding: stats.set_skill_level Major_Snowboarding (n)
- Vampire Lore: stats.set_skill_level VampireLore (n)
- Veterinarian: stats.set_skill_level Major_Vet (n)
- Video Gaming: stats.set_skill_level Major_VideoGaming (n)
- Violin: stats.set_skill_level Major_Violin (n)
- Welness: stats.set_skill_level Major_Wellness (n)
- Writing: stats.set_skill_level Major_Writing (n)
- Creativity: stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Creativity (n)
- Mental: stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Mental (n)
- Motor: stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Motor (n)
- Social: stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Social (n)
- Change Skill Level: stats.set_skill_level Skill_Dog (n)
- Communication: stats.set_skill_level Toddler_Communication (n)
- Imagination: stats.set_skill_level Toddler_Imagination (n)
- Movement: stats.set_skill_level Toddler_Movement (n)
- Potty: stats.set_skill_level Toddler_Potty (n)
- Toddler Thinking: stats.set_skill_level Toddler_Thinking (n)
The Sims 4 FAQs
Is Sims 4 going to be on Nintendo switch?
As of right now, there is no news of a port of The Sims 4 for the Nintendo Switch. Currently, the game is available on PC, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. That said, with the new popularity of its free-to-play build, it does stand to reason that we may see a release for Nintendo’s not-quite-hand-held.
Does The Sims 4 have an Ending?
The Sims 4 doesn’t have a defined ending. With no predefined conclusion, the game’s finale is shaped entirely by the player’s decisions, actions, and when they choose to put the puppet strings down. Ultimately, the ending mirrors the journey. It could full of triumph, heartbreak, or hilarity based on the player’s choice.
Can you have a full time job and go to university Sims 4?
In The Sims 4: Discover University expansion, Sims can indeed work while attending university. Managing both a full-time job and a full course load can be particularly challenging due to the time demands of each. It leaves your Sim with very little time for anything else, including self-care and socializing. Part-time jobs, freelance work, or odd jobs are more manageable options while attending university.
Which is better Foxbury or Britechester?
Both universities offer distinguished degrees which can lead to higher starting positions and salaries in related careers. The “better” university really depends on what you are looking for in gameplay and what suits your Sim’s aspirations. Additionally, there is no gameplay advantage to choosing one over the other, as the degrees offered by both universities are equivalent in terms of game mechanics and career advancement. It’s mostly about the aesthetic and roleplaying opportunities that each university offers.