No matter how you measure it, Minecraft is at the top of most people’s lists of the best selling video games of all time. Markus Persson (aka Notch) pre-released the original game in 2009 and fully released it in 2011, and it’s showing no signs of waning popularity. In addition to its desktop version, Mojang has released editions of the game for iOS, Android, Xbox and Xbox One, Chromebook, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and even Raspberry Pi. Minecraft: Pocket Edition is the mobile port of the original Minecraft game. As with the original version, there are a lot of Minecraft: Pocket Edition cheats out there.
Minecraft: Pocket Edition Premise
As with all Minecraft games, Minecraft: Pocket Edition doesn’t tell a story or force you onto any one path. Instead, it gives you an open, procedurally generated world to play around in. If you play in Survival Mode, you collect natural resources, fight wandering monsters, breed animals, cook food, and create items. In Creative Mode, you can use almost all the resources to build projects of any size. With no single goal to strive for, you’re free to explore the main world, The Nether, and The End however you want. And if you want to change the game, there are loads of Minecraft mods you can try.
List of Minecraft Video Games
In addition to the original Minecraft and its ports, there are plenty of spinoffs out there. The other games in the Minecraft franchise include:
- Minicraft (2011)
- Minecraft: Story Mode (2015)
- Minecraft Earth (2019)
- Minecraft Dungeons (2020)
- Minecraft Legends (2023)
Minecraft: Pocket Edition Cheat Codes
To activate Minecraft: Pocket Edition cheats, go to the world creation screen. Then navigate to the “Worlds” tab and turn on the “Activate Cheats” option when you create your new world. Once you do this, you can open the cheat menu by pressing the forward slash button (/) on your mobile keyboard. From there, you can see the full list of cheat codes.
Some of the most common Minecraft: Pocket Edition cheat codes are:
- Add or remove abilities: /ability
- Clear all items from your inventory: /clear
- Add or remove any status effect: /effect
- Enchant any item: /enchant
- Fill an area with blocks: /fill
- Switch between Survival, Creative, Adventure, and Spectator Modes: /gamemode
- Change the rules of your world: /gamerule
- Give a player a selected item: /give
- Change your default world spawn: /setworldspawn
- Set your default spawn point: /spawnpoint
- Change the in-game time: /time
- Teleport to other players: /tp
- Change the weather: /weather
- Customize your experience levels: /xp
Minecraft: Pocket Edition Cheat Code FAQs
Can you turn on Minecraft cheats after creating a world?
In Minecraft: Java Edition, you cannot officially turn on cheats after you create the world. However, you can enable cheats when you open your game to LAN players. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition lets you easily activate cheat codes from the Pause menu.