The Golden Talisman Of Protection is a powerful talisman that can be found early in the game and is useful throughout the entire game. It is also easy to miss. You can get it as soon as you arrive in the Lake Of The Nine. It improves recovery time, increases defense when blocking, and slightly lengthens your parry window. To find the Golden Talisman Of Protection, go to Stone Falls. The location is northeast of the temple, available once you unlock the temple in the center of the Lake Of The Nine. You will stop at Stone Falls to access Veithurgard in the story, but you can visit this hidden area whenever desired. In Stone Falls, solve the puzzle to reach the bridge. Knock down the bridge after opening the door, go past the NPC spirit (circle back around to the door that leads back to the Revenant arena), lower the bridge, and use the lowered bridge. In the Revenant arena, you can access a new door to the right that contains a legendary chest with the Golden Talisman Of Protection.Amulet Of Kvasir talisman
The Amulet Of Kvasir talisman can be found very early in the game and is useful throughout the game. Once you are able to explore Alfheim, you can get this talisman. It works like a standard Platinum dodge —- when Kratos dodges an attack, you will slow down time and perform strong counter-attacks. In Alfheim, you will eventually reach an area called the Light Elf Sanctuary. Find the Realm Tear past the crank gate, and proceed past the bridge made of roots. At this vantage point, you can see the beach where you first started the area. From here, throw your axe to break the root nodes, making a tunnel appear. Drop down to reach a room with a wheel crank. Use it to solve the root puzzle (break all three with a single throw) to make the legendary chest appear with the Amulet Of Kvasir talisman inside.Muspelheim realm
To unlock the Muspelheim realm, you must find four Muspelheim Language Ciphers. They are in the purple cipher chests with a white "face" lock. They are found in the following locations:
1. The River Pass (Witch's Cave, requires yellow arrows to destroy the red tree sap) - 0:54: Once you meet with the Witch, you will be able to access the cave underneath her house. Near the entrance lift, turn right and destroy the red vines/viscera with a charged explosive root to find the cipher chest to the right.
2. The Mountain - 0:55: From the Summit mystic gateway, you can find the cipher chest straight up the steps leading to the green garden at the top.
3. Cliffs Of The Raven - 1:33: This is an area that is easy to miss. From the Lake Of The Nine, land on the beach to the right, on the path southeast from the temple. You will pass the beach on the way to Volunder Mines. Enter the large arena area at the end of the cliffs, and look left for a small opening blocked by wood. Smash through it and throw Atreus up so he can drop a chain. Climb up to find the cipher chest.
4. Forgotten Caverns - 2:46: This is an optional region. It is directly northwest of the temple in the center of the Lake Of The Nine; you can visit this area at any point in the game. Go inside and climb the narrow cracks (twice) to reach the upper level of the caverns. The cipher chest is at the top.
There are more than four ciphers, but these are the easiest to obtain. After getting all four ciphers, go to the Realm Travel Room, and select Muspelheim as your destination. It is a secret area that contains trials, needed for getting the "Fire And Brimstone" trophy. Finding all language ciphers is also required to get the "Trilingual" trophy.
To unlock the Niflheim realm, you must find four Niflheim Language Ciphers. They are in the purple cipher chests with a white "face" lock. They are found in the following locations:
1. The Mountain - 0:05: Proceed up the steps to reach the green garden area. Drop down onto the snowy path and cross the snow toward the peak in the distance. Along the left side is an area you can drop down to find a Realm Tear and cipher chest.
2. Lookout Tower - 1:04: You can access the Lookout Tower once you are able explore the Lake Of The Nine. The Lookout Tower is south of the temple, at the base of one of Odin's (statue) massive feet. This beach contains a cipher chest.
3. Ruins Of The Ancient - 1:36: This area is located far northwest of the temple in the Lake Of The Nines, and can only be accessed once the snake moves and allows you to access Konunsgard. There is a Soul-Eater and cipher chest on this beach.
4. Council Of Valkyries - 2:02: Land on the beach south of The Mason's Channel, just to the right of the two huge statues holding an oar. Destroy the red crystals and climb up the cliff wall. Climb up the next wall and destroy the red crystals to the right. Drop back down and go to the area where the red crystals were just destroy to find the cipher chest.
There are more than four ciphers, but these are the easiest to obtain. After getting all four ciphers, go to the Realm Travel Room, and select Niflheim as your destination. It is a secret area that contains a randomized labyrinth challenge. You can get the "Darkness And Fog" trophy in Niflheim by opening all chests and realm tears in the central chamber. Finding all language ciphers is also required to get the "Trilingual" trophy.
To fully upgrade the Leviathan Axe, you need Frozen Flames, which is a type of crafting component. Level 6 is the maximum for the axe. The first upgrade is given automatically when you meet Brok for the first time. You will then keep getting Frozen Flames from story bosses. Even if you fail to collect them, they will be added to the "Lost Items" section in the shop. By completing the story, you can get the axe to Level 5. Getting it to Level 6 is hidden in the shop under "Buy" - "Resources". You can exchange the Chilling Mist Of Niflheim for the final Frozen Flame. The Chilling Mist Of Niflheim is found in a chest in the central chamber of the Niflheim realm, which costs 5,000 Mist Echoes to open. You must do Sindri's first favor in Nifleheim to gain access to the central chamber. Then, keep going around the "labyrinth" in this region to farm Mist Echoes until you have 5,000. Once you have enough Mist Echoes, open the chest to get the Chilling Mist Of Niflheim. Return to a shop and exchange the Chilling Mist Of Niflheim for the Frozen Flame. You can then purchase the final upgrade for the Leviathan Axe and get the "Worthy" trophy.Fully upgrade Blades Of Chaos
To fully upgrade the Blades Of Chaos, you need Chaos Flames, which is a type of crafting component. Level 5 is the maximum for the blades. After retrieving the Blades Of Chaos, you will keep getting Chaos Flames from story bosses. Even if you fail to collect them, they will be added to the "Lost Items" section in the shop. By completing the story, you can get the blades to Level 4. Getting them to Level 5 is hidden in the shop under "Buy" - "Resources". You can exchange the Raging Inferno Of Muspelheim for the final Chaos Flame. The Raging Inferno Of Muspelheim is dropped by the only Valkyrie in the Muspelheim realm. To reach her, defeat all the trials leading up the mountain in the Muspelheim realm. There are five trials, and you must play each one twice to unlock the gate to the next trial. The Valkyrie is the end boss in the Muspelheim realm. After looting the Raging Inferno from her, return to a shop and exchange it for the Chaos Flame. You can then purchase the final upgrade for the Blades Of Chaos and get the "Why Fight It?" trophy.All treasure map and dig spot locations
Search the indicated locations to find all 12 treasure maps and dig spots. Find and dig up all 12 treasures to get the "Treasure Hunter" trophy. None of the treasures are missable. You can still get all of them after the story in free roam. To dig up the treasures, you must first have found the map. Without the map, the dig spot will not appear. You get money and crafting materials from the treasures -- so they are worth the extra effort.
- 1. The Turtles Tribute - 0:05
- 2. Dead And Bloated - 2:06
- 3. Kneel Before Thor! - 3:58
- 4. Don't Blink - 6:27
- 5. Njord's Oarsmen - 8:44
- 6. Creation Island - 10:31
- 7. Finder's Fee - 11:55
- 8. The Boat Captain's Key - 13:55
- 9. Island Of Light - 15:23
- 10. The Historian - 17:19
- 11. Hunter's Kingdom - 18:20
- 12. The Last Place They'd Look - 20:32
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Father and Son (Platinum): Obtain all other trophies.
- Allfather Blinded (Gold): Kill all of Odin's Ravens.
- Chooser of the Slain (Gold): Defeat the nine Valkyries.
- Darkness and Fog (Gold): Retrieve all treasure from the Workshop's center chamber.
- Fire and Brimstone (Gold): Complete all of the Trials of Muspelheim.
- Like Oil and Water (Gold): Complete all of Brok and Sindri's Favors.
- All Will Fall (Silver): Kill 1,000 Enemies.
- Curator (Silver): Collect all of the Artifacts.
- Dangerous Skies (Silver): Free all of the Dragons.
- Iðunn's Orchard (Silver): Fully upgrade your Health.
- Quick Tempered (Silver): Fully upgrade your rage.
- The Truth (Silver): Read all of the Jötnar shrines.
- Treasure Hunter (Silver): Use treasure maps to find all of the dig spots.
- Unfinished Business (Silver): Assist all of the wayward spirits.
- Best Dressed (Bronze): Craft an outfit for Atreus.
- Dwarven Ingenuity (Bronze): Upgrade a piece of armor.
- Enchanted (Bronze): Slot an Enchantment into your armor.
- Nice Moves (Bronze): Obtain a Runic Attack Gem.
- Path of the Zealot (Bronze): Obtain Traveler armor set.
- Primordial (Bronze): Obtain Ancient armor set.
- The Best Moves (Bronze): Fully upgrade a Runic Attack.
- Trilingual (Bronze): Learn the languages of Muspelheim and Niflheim.
- Worthy (Bronze): Fully upgrade the Leviathan Axe.
Additionally, there are secret trophies:
- Last Wish (Gold): Spread the ashes.
- A New Friend (Bronze): Survive the Witch's Woods.
- Beneath the Surface (Bronze): Explore all the Lake of Nine has to offer.
- Death Happened Here (Bronze): Fully explore Veithurgard.
- Dragon Slayer (Bronze): Defeat the Dragon of the Mountain.
- Feels Like Home (Bronze): Allow the Light Elves to return home.
- Hello, Old Friend (Bronze): Retrieve the Blades of Chaos.
- Past Haunts (Bronze): Ride the ship out of Helheim.
- Promise Fulfilled (Bronze): Heal Atreus.
- Round 2 (Bronze): Rescue Atreus.
- The Journey Begins (Bronze): Defend your home from The Stranger.
- Troubling Consequences (Bronze): Defeat Magni and Modi.
- Twilight Beckons (Bronze): Defeat Baldur.
- Why Fight It? (Bronze): Fully upgrade the Blades of Chaos.