A DOOM update is coming on June 30, and it’s bringing selfies. OK, not exactly. But it is going to give you a Photo Mode that’ll let you capture moments both precious and horrifying. Odds are, there’ll be more of the latter than the former. Still, you’ll be able to set up some pretty cool shots!
Some of which are going to look very retro. DOOM is going to get a weapon placement option with this update. When applied, the weapon will appear in the center of the bottom of the screen, just as it did in the very first DOOM . It’s quite a nice throwback.
But again, these are only two of many, many things arriving in DOOM’ s first update. Here’s a full list of all the things coming on June 30 from Bethesda .
New Features and Optimizations
- Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (all modes)
- Added Photo Mode (You’ll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map via Mission Select)
- Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
- Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.
- Added Original Author to the map info page
- Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
- Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
- Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
- Added Sky/Window props
- Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps
- Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches
- Single Player
- Fixed Steam Friends’ Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map
- Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC)
- Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
- Fixed “IDKFA” Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
- Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
- Fixed some occurrences of the “Every Nook and Cranny” Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
- Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)
- Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
- Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
- Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes
- Matchmaking improvements
- Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host
- Fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times
- Fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes
- Bug and stability fixes
- Fixed Asian language font issues
- Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
- Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
- Various map error fixes
- Various logic fixes
- Various stability fixes
- Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud
I expect everyone to put together DOOM slideshows on July 1!