Last Day of June Summary
Memories and love are two of the most powerful forces in the world. Both can save us, both can damn us. In the Last Day of June, you are forced to contend with both. The Last Day of June is an adventure puzzle game developed by Ovosonico and released on August 31st, 2017. It made its debut on the PlayStation 4 and PC before later releasing on the Nintendo Switch. It is inspired by the music video “Drive By,” made by Steven Wilson, who is also the composer for the game’s soundtrack.
Last Day of June Premise
It’s a rainy day, the kind you see all the time in colder places. A couple is driving to a lake, and the driver, Glasses Guy/Carl, looks over to his wife, Painter Girl/June. Sure, you should never take your eyes off the road, but it’s a simple drive, and he’s not going as fast as the car heads through a tunnel.
Then, we cut to the game itself, and we find Glasses Guy alone in his house, now in Wheelchair bound, and with the Painter Girl gone. There was an accident, and now Glasses Guy is left alone. But when he goes to see a painting of his late wife in the art room, it suddenly becomes awash in color, and the Glasses Guy finds himself in the past. The day his wife died. He sees a young boy chasing a soccer ball out into the road, the very same one he and Painter Girl were driving on. He saw how the crash happened from the kid’s perspective.
And he realizes this is the chance he needs to save Painter Girl from an untimely end. By using the various paintings around the art room, Glasses Guy can alter the past, and potentially save his wife.
Last Day of June Main Characters
A cast of characters who otherwise go unnamed.
- Glasses Guy. The player character. A man with large glasses (hence the name), was left wheelchair-bound and grieving after a car accident took his wife. Possibly named Carl.
- Painter Girl. The one who made the paintings that take Glasses Guy back in time. Her real name is possibly June (hence the title of the game).
- Old Man. An elder who gives a present to Painter Girl when they go to visit the lake. Seems harmless enough.
- The Hunter. A man with a large gun and a hat, nobody seems to like him well enough.
- The Kid. A lonely boy who only really wants to play soccer with someone. He may be the cause of the accident, or perhaps you could make him not be.
- The Best Friend. A young girl from Glasses Guy’s past. To love and lose is such a terrible thing, but sometimes, it does need to happen.
Last Day of June Titles of Video Games in the Series
As expected of an Indie Game, the Last Day of June is a standalone title, and as such, there are no sequels or prequels in this series.
- Last Day of June (2017)
Last Day of June Cheat Codes
As expected of an Indie Game, there are no cheat codes for this title, but we can give you two quick tips and tricks.
- Play through events multiple times. As expected of a game based around time travel, try to go through the same event multiple times, but make different choices along the way. You might see something new.
- Keep track of who’s doing what. There are a lot of variables in this game, and like most time-hopping adventures, it is a good idea to keep track of who is doing what action in a certain loop. But don’t worry! This isn’t a brain scrambler, most events follow a set path until you intervene.
Last Day of June Cheat Code FAQ
- Is the Last Day of June free? Nope! It costs $19.99 on Steam and the Nintendo Switch.
- How long is the Last day of June? About three hours if you focus solely on the main objective, and four if you go for side content.
- What inspired the Last Day of June? A song called “Drive Home,” by Steve Wilson. It has a similar plot to the game and the same art style! Go check it out if you have the time!
- What is the Last day of June in GOG? It’s a puzzle game, where you need to save June, your wife.
And that’s all for today folks! Have a good one, and stay safe!