WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008
At the main menu, select “Options”, “Cheat Codes”, then enter one of the following case-sensitive codes to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: Some European and Australian versions of the game do not have the “Cheat Codes” option.
- Kelly Kelly’s second costume
Enter ” KellyKG12R ” as a case-sensitive code to unlock Kelly Kelly’s second costume.
Triple H and HBK’s DX attire
Enter ” DXCostume69K2 ” as a case-sensitive code to unlock Triple H and HBK’s DX attire.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding superstar or item for purchase at the WWE Shop for the listed amount:
Bret Hart: Defeat Bret Hart in Hall Of Fame Direct Challenge mode ($210,000).
Hardcore Championship: Become a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
HBK DX Entrance: Buy the DX attire ($30,000).
Mick Foley: Defeat Mick Foley in Hall Of Fame Direct Challenge mode ($210,000).
Million Dollar Championship: Become a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
Preset Move Set: Buy all move sets ($15,000).
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin: Enter the Hall Of Fame, and select Stone Cold. Defeat him in a Submission match with Bret Hart ($210,000).
Terry Funk: Defeat Sabu, Sandman, and Tommy Dreamer in an ECW Extreme Rules 4-Way match with any superstar on the Legend difficulty setting ($210,000).
The Rock: Defeat The Rock with Stone Cold on the Legend difficulty setting ($210,000).
Triple H DX Entrance: Buy the DX attire ($30,000).
Vince McMahon: Defend a championship in 24/7 mode ($110,000).
Vince McMahon (Bald): Buy the original Vince McMahon ($60,000).
WCW Classic Championship: Become be a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
WWF Attitude Era Championship: Become be a Hall of Famer ($20,000).
Get the indicated number of Hall Of Fame mode points to unlock the corresponding arena:
- December to Dismember: 8
- ECW One Night Stand: 7
- Great American Bash: 10
- New Year’s Revolution: 9
- No Way Out: 5
- Summerslam: 11
- Vengeance: 6
- Wrestlemania 23: 12
Unlock Vince McMahon easily
Choose to play as a GM in 24/7 mode. Choose a pre-set roster, and set your champions. Go forward a couple of weeks into the calendar, and simulate matches up until that date. Renew the contracts of a few of your superstars for as long as is possible (make sure you include your champions). Go to the calendar, select a date just before the contracts expire, and choose to simulate up until this point. You will have made enough to renew the contracts again. Repeat the same procedure until you get to WrestleMania. You should get there with a couple of decent superstars to compete in a championship match. Put the championship on the line, and fight the match to unlock Vince McMahon.
Start a game in 24/7 mode with a superstar that is 90 or better overall in attributes. Go to the calendar, scroll down to WrestleMania, and select it. Choose to simulate all matches up to this date. You should get a lot of money. Save the game, and repeat this as many times as desired to get an unlimited amount of money.
Easy $1,000,000 contract
When you start 24/7 mode, go on trophy dates as much as possible. This is the quickest and easiest way to earn popularity. Your salary is based on how popular you are. Get your popularity at 100 (or close to it) when your contract expires. The next week you will get your salary notification. Teddy Long or Coach will tell you that you now have a $1 million salary ($20,000 per week).
The easiest way to get popularity is to go on trophy dates. You will increase 5% on each date (about 30% per week).
Use any dirty superstar. Store your fighting style icon, and use the dirty special move. When your oppenent turns around, press the Right Analog-stick Right to roll him up and grab his tights for the win.
Easy wins on Legend difficulty
Go to the options menu, select “Gameplay Settings”, set the difficulty to Legend, then go the “Custom A.I.” settings. Scroll until you get to frequency of COM’s usage. Set the bars all down to the lowest possible. Go to damage balance, and raise those bars to the highest possible; leave the game balance bars alone. It should now be much easier to win matches on the Legend difficulty setting. -From: Brandon Grazioso
Easy wins in 24/7 mode
This trick requires two controllers. Use either a created wrestler or an original superstar. Select a match in 24/7 mode, and choose your opponent. Do not select your wrestler. When the match starts, grab a weapon if it is just normal rules, and hit your wrestler for the DQ, or you can simply get counted out. This results in an easy victory for the character you selected. In a Fatal-4-Way match, put both player one and two on any two goons. Focus on the single CPU wrestler to help your character get an easy win. This will work on any difficulty setting. Basically, switch the CPU opponent to your control and cause him to lose.
Easy ratings in GM mode
Create a superstar. Duplicate him thirty times. Start GM mode. Turn off every superstar, and only leave on the created superstar. The other two brands will be left with the CAW at 20 popularity. Turn on the superstars again in the available draft the next week. When they become available, sign them, and you will win the ratings easily.
Send your superstars on trophy dates until their popularity reaches 100. Once it does, it usually stays there and will only come down a point or two. When all your superstars are at 100, you can just maintain the ones at 99, 98, etc. This will give you easy four star match ratings. Have as many rivalries as you can, and you will get five star match ratings a few weeks in.
Maximum fans in GM mode
Use the “Easy ratings” trick along with replacing the roster with CAWS. Within three months, you should have 10 million fans with the other two shows at 0 fans.
Easy money in GM mode
Run advertisement promos each week, along with your superstars being at 100 popularity. Once you have gotten over 10 million fans, you should make over $1 million per show.
Easy General Manager Of The Year award in GM mode
Use the “Easy ratings in GM mode” 30 CAW creation and drafting method, but only use 25. Before WrestleMania, fire all of your superstars. The best superstars will be stolen by the opposing shows. Then, turn them off from being drafted, and have nothing but three CAWs on your roster (the other two are insurance in case you do not get it the second year either). After WrestleMania, switch your high level popularity characters back to “on” in the roster section, and rehire them. There is a good chance you would have had to renew the contracts soon anyway. For example, buy only six superstars (Edge, John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, and Shawn Michaels), but buy a full year’s contract. Skip to the two weeks before WrestleMania. Set up the CAWs, turning those characters off, because by that point two to four of them will have 100 popularity, which can make your ratings plummet after the event.
Easy wins in Hall Of Fame mode
Set your difficulty to “Legend” and your custom AI settings so the CPU never reverses strikes, grapples, etc. When you play Hall Of Fame mode, it will still be easy to defeat the CPU.
Easy Royal Rumble wins in Hall Of Fame mode
Use the following trick to complete the Hall Of Fame mode task where you must complete a Royal Rumble on the Legendary difficulty setting entering at number 1. At the options menu, select “Gameplay Settings”, then “Custom A.I.” settings. Scroll until you get to frequency of COM’s usage. There will be a few bars. Set them all down to the lowest possible so that your opponent cannot reverse attacks. Play a Royal Rumble, and put your entry to number 1. When you start the match, you can easily throw your opponent out, but you must do it before the number 3 entrant comes out. The trick is to wait facing the ramp just outside the third rope’s shadow. When the superstars come out, wait until they have gotten up, and then Irish Whip them over the ropes. Keep repeating this until you have won the Royal Rumble.
Easy wins in King Of The Ring event
At the screen before you begin your match, there are four options: “Play”, “Simulate”, “Match Rules”, and “Select Arena”. Select “Match Rules”, and turn off DQ. You now can use weapons and will not be disqualified, making the tournament a lot easier.
Easy wins in Money In The Bank event
Take both ladders to the entrance ramp where the superstars enter. Wait for the other superstars to get to you. Once they get there, hit them all with a ladder. Run back with one ladder, and get the briefcase. Note: Superstars only walk; they do not run. This trick also works in a Ladder match.
Get both ladders. Set one up under the briefcase/title. Set the other one up diagonally. Run up the ladder that is set up diagonally while holding the Left and Right Analog-sticks. If done correctly, your superstar will grab the briefcase/title and both the ladders will fall.
Put one of the ladders up by the entrance. Some of the wrestlers will keep leaving the ring to get the ladder, keeping their numbers in your favor.
Easy wins in Royal Rumble event
This trick works in any Royal Rumble and is especially useful when trying to complete the Royal Rumble challenge in Hall of Fame mode, and get the “That’s one for the record books” achievement. Set the difficulty to Legend, and start the Royal Rumble match as the #1 entrant as The Great Khali. When the match begins, Strong Irish Whip the #2 entrant over any top rope. Once they are over the top rope and are on the apron, start striking them relentlessly. When the #3 entrant is four seconds away from entering the Royal Rumble (check the timer on the left side of the screen), stop striking the #2 entrant, and grab them. If done correctly, the #2 entrant’s meter should be halfway or more gone, making him easy when you grab them. Do this to entrant after entrant to win the Royal Rumble.
Shawn Micheals’ old entrance
Go to “Create An Entrance”. Select Shawn Michaels, and choose “Advanced Creation”. Go to ring, and choose “Fireworks”. Select “Ring Firework 1” or “Ring Firework 2”. Make sure you have timed it correctly when he does his pose. Note: For “Intro”, “Stage”, “Ramp” (also timed correctly when he does his pose), “Ring In”, and “Ring”, select Shawn’s templates for the lighting.
Do not train to increase your skill level on a CAW until you purchase the premium ability kits. If you do, it will be a waste of time because the skill levels will be set to the defaults. Train only after you have bought it to bring it from the 80s to the 90s and 100s.
Special actions with weapons
Ladder: Click the Right Analog-stick to put the ladder on your head. To spin around, rotate the Right Analog-stick around. Note: After awhile, you will get dizzy and drop the ladder.
Table: Move the Right Analog-stick to put your opponent on the table, do a lift up ultimate control move (chokeslam, suplex, etc.), go over to the table, and do a slam move.
Wired 2×4: Use the 2×4 to get a full momentum meter. Once you have a full momentum meter, get another wired 2×4, and press Finisher. Your character should light it on fire.
Moves on announcers table
At the announcers table, press A to remove the “guard” and monitors to enable moves on it.
Double stacked tables
Set a table up inside the ring. Get another table, stand to the side of the other table, and press A. To it set on fire, get a full bar for your finisher, and press Finisher.
Set tables on fire
To set a table on fire, have two specials stored. Get a table from under the ringside. Set the table up inside the ring or outside but not in the special places. Hold RB and keep tapping Finisher while your wrestler is setting up the table. Your wrestler will throw a match on the table and set it on fire.
Helicopter with ladder
While holding a ladder, click Right Analog-stick to do the Helicopter.
Triple Jump Moonsault
Play as a wrestler with the Hardcore style (for example, Sandman, Sabu, etc.). Grab a chair while your opponent is down. Press the Right Analog-stick in any direction while holding the chair. The character will automatically do a Triple Jump Moonsault inside the ring onto the opponent.
Play as a wrestler with the Hardcore style (for example, Sandman, Sabu, etc.). When an opponent is face down and you have a chair, press A near the head to slip the chair under his or her head. Run either to the top or bottom of the ring, and get another chair. Press X to hit him or her in the head. If you press A near his or her’s legs, your wrestler you will put the chair on his or her’s legs. Then, press X to stomp on it. If your opponent is face up, press A to put the chair on his or her throat. Press X to stomp on the chair.
To drag your opponent while they are on the ground, hold Right Analog-stick when near your opponent and press the Left Analog-stick in the direction desired.
When playing as The Undertaker, Kane will appear in the ring during an intermission sequence on RAW. All of his mannerisms will be just like The Undertaker’s, and in other scenes even the lights will be like The Undertaker’s. When you go to the WWE Magazine option, it will talk about how The Undertaker is not willing to back down from The Undertaker, and it will continually refer to yourself as fighting yourself.
- Legend 1: Sgt. Slaughter
- Legend 2: Jim Neidhart
- Superstar 1: Kurt Angle
- Superstar 2: Chris jericho
- Superstar 3: Booker T
- Superstar 4: Big Show
- Superstar 5: Lance Cade
- Superstar 6: Trevor Murdoch
- Superstar 7: Christian
- Superstar 8: Joey Mercury
- Superstar 9: Tazz
- Superstar 10: RVD
- Superstar 11: Sting
- Superstar 12: Dusty Rhodes
- Superstar 13: Boogeyman
- Superstar 14: Paul London
- Superstar 15: Brian Kendrick
- Moveset 1 High Tech: Paul London
- Moveset 2 High Show: Brian Kendrick
- Moveset 3 Sub Tech: Charlie Haas
- Moveset 4 Tech High: Shelton Benjamin
- Moveset 5 Show Braw: Eugene
- Moveset 6 Show Pow: Val Venis
- Moveset 7 Braw High: Rob Van Dam
- Moveset 8 Pow Show: Big Show
- Moveset 9 Pow Hard: Test
- Moveset 10 Braw Hard: Hardcore Holly
- Moveset 11 Tech Sub: Tazz
- Moveset 12 Sub Tech: Kurt Angle
- Moveset 13 Dirt Show: Christian Cage
- Moveset 14 Pow Hard: Rhino
- Moveset 15 Hard Pow: Brother Ray
- Moveset 16 Hard Braw: Brother Devon
- Moveset 17 Braw Show: Kip James
- Moveset 18 Pow Tech: BG James
- Moveset 19 Sub Braw: Samoa Joe
- Moveset 20 High Tech: AJ Styles
- Moveset 21 High Tech: Christopher Daniels
- Moveset 22 Braw Show: Tajiri
- Moveset 23 Pow Tech: Brock Lesnar
- Moveset 24 Pow Braw: Goldberg
- Moveset 25 Pow Show: Sting
- Moveset 26 Show High: X-Pac
- Moveset 27 Braw Show: Jimmy Snuka
- Moveset 28 Show Braw: Dusty Rhodes
- Moveset 29 Pow Braw: Ultimate Warrior
Easy “This year’s inductee” achievement
Start 24/7 mode as GM of any show. After you have decided which show you want to use, draft a new roster. Choose any four superstars, and sign them to one year contracts (preferably with high popularity, as it will be easier). After you see the intermission sequence, got to the options, and turn off superstar morale and injuries. Also, set the match card to re-run. Do a website interview with each of your superstars, and build their popularity to 100. Once you have done this, keep making fatal 4 way matches, interview the two superstars involved in the matches, then just simulate. Repeat this process every week, and maintain your superstars’ popularity until you have reached 100% completion. If done properly, it should only require thirty minutes.
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- That’s gonna leave a mark (20 points): Powerbomb an opponent on top of a steel step in any match type.
- Possession is 9/10 of the law (20 points): Steal your opponent’s taunt 3 times in any One on One match.
- Put’em in a body bag (20 points): Turn your opponent’s entire limb damage meter red in any match type.
- I’d like to thank the academy (20 points): Defeat a Powerhouse Superstar with the Possum Pin in any match type.
- You’ve got a bit of red on you (20 points): Get busted open by your opponent on legend difficulty in any match type and win.
- Who says originality is dead (20 points): Create an original CAS, ring entrance and created Championship.
- King of the mountain (20 points): Place first in every type of tournament in Tournament mode.
- If it bleeds.. (20 points): Bloody every ECW Superstar on the roster.
- Submission-sensei (50 points): Win a Normal Submission match without having your Struggle Submission hold broken once.
- Stop yapping and fight (20 points): Argue with the referee 4 times in a match and win.
- That’s one for the record books (20 points): Eliminate 20 opponents in a 30-Man Royal Rumble.
- Now that’s hardcore (20 points): Bloody and defeat a Hardcore Superstar on legend difficulty in an ECW Extreme Rules match and win.
- The best there was… (20 points): Win a 20-minute Ironman match on legend difficulty without surrendering a point to your opponent.
- A fighting champion (75 points): In ranked online matches, defend a CAC title 5 times against 5 different players within 24 hours.
- Gold digger (70 points): Win a Created Championship 10 times in ranked online matches.
- On fire (75 points): Win 30 consecutive ranked online matches.
Additionally, there are ten secret achievements:
- Escape Artist (20 points): Wiggle free from every Ultimate Control Grapple at least once.
- What The… (10 points): Preview the Mexican Stretch Turnbuckle move in Create a Moveset.
- You’ve got guts (20 points): Complete a ranked online title match.
- Send’em back to Louisville (10 points): Lose to an opponent who has more limb damage than you.
- Now offering non-stop flights (20 points): Stand on a ladder and suplex your opponent out of the ring in a ladder match.
- Rope a dope (20 points): Perform a succesful springboard attack off each side of the ropes.
- This year’s inductee (350 points): Play as a GM in 24/7 Mode and obtain the GM of the Year Award.
- On The Job (10 points): Lose 5 consecutive ranked online matches.
- Better luck next year (10 points): Be the first Superstar eliminated in a 30-Man Royal Rumble.
- This is coming out of your check (20 points): Break 15 tables and 10 chairs in a TLC match.