Complete the indicated steps to farm unlimited XP in Red Dead Online. This exploit allows you to farm 7,000+ XP per hour. Note: This exploit will probably eventually get patched.
1. Start a two player posse with another player. This exploit requires two players.
2. Have the posse leader initiate replay of the "Kill Them, Each And Every One" final online story mission (Pause Menu - Progress - Story - Select Mission - hold Square to replay). Note: The posse leader must have completed this mission for replay to be available. The joining player only needs to have completed the online tutorial.
3. Press Square for matchmaking. Immediately when in the lobby, hold Circle to quit (confirm with X to "Exit With Posse"). It will now put both players back into the open world. This step makes it so the mission start will be marked with a yellow circle on the map near your spawn.
4. Both players must enter the mission start (yellow circle) simultaneously. The easiest way is to have both players sit on the same horse to guarantee you will enter the mission at the same time.
5. The posse leader must press X to start the mission. If done correctly, it should skip the matchmaking and put you instantly in the mission. Skip the cutscenes to save time.
6. Follow the mission objectives until you reach Fort Mercer where enemies spawn (after a cutscene where you put on helmets).
7. This is where the actual XP exploit starts. When reaching Fort Mercer (after cutscene), you get 50 Split Point Ammo for the Carbine Repeater (this is automatic and free, no matter your level). Open the weapon wheel (L1), hover over the Carbine Repeater, and press D-pad Right to select the Split Point Ammo. Note: The Split Point Ammo gives you +6 XP per kill, and you get it for free in this mission.
8. Kill the enemies with Carbine Repeater Executions. Run up to them, and press R2. You should get 34 XP per kill (6 XP per kill + 6 XP special ammo + 11 XP execution + 11 XP Eyes Wide Shut). While normally you only get 6 XP per kill, you will now earn 34 XP per kill. Note: Defeat the first few enemies behind the machine guns with headshots. You can then rush in and kill everyone with executions at close range. Additionally, wear heavy armor in this mission to greatly reduce incoming damage.
9. Allow the final enemy to kill you (lose both lives). Then, have both players press X to "Retry Checkpoint". This makes all enemies instantly respawn so you can keep farming execution kills.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 as many times as desired. On each retry, you get another 50 free special ammo, which you must equip again. Kill everyone with executions, let the last enemy kill you, reload the checkpoint, and repeat.
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Breakout (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Complete the Intro.
- Series Major (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Take part in a Series.
- Gun For Hire (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Accept 10 Free Roam missions from characters around the world.
- Eventful (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Play 5 Free Roam Events.
- Buckle Up (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Achieve 5 gold belt buckles from awards.
- The Real Deal (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Achieve MVP 3 times (in a round with at least 4 players).
- Horses for Courses (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Concurrently own 5 horses.
- Getting Started (Gold): Red Dead Online: Reach Rank 10.
- Notorious (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Reach Rank 50.
- All's Fair (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Successfully counter a rival Posse's Free Roam mission.
- Home Comforts (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Purchase 5 camp improvements.
- Non-Regulation (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Craft 25 pieces of ammunition.
- Posse Up (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Form a Persistent Posse.
- Master Craftsman (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Craft 20 items (excluding ammo).
- Butchered (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Sell 20 items to the Butcher.
- Picked to Perfection (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Pick 25 Herbs.
- Strength in Numbers (Bronze): Red Dead Online: Complete a Free Roam mission as part of a Posse with at least 2 members.