Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key Summary
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key, developed by Koei Tecmo, is the third game in the Atelier Ryza series, and the 24th game in the Atelier series. Other games in the Atelier series include Altier Marie, Altier Iris, and many, many others. This game stars Ryza, the titular Alchemist, a happy girl who’s just looking out for her friends. It takes place one year after the events of the last game, Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy (these games are as anime as can be). This entry focuses on the latest happenings in Ryza’s world. Strange Krak islands have emerged, and with them come monsters.
But stranger still, a voice reaches into Ryza’s head, telling her to find the “Code of the Universe.” Ryza, ever the plucky heroine, sets out to find the source of these new troubles.
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key Premise
This time around, the main character is Reisalin “Ryza” Stout, an alchemist from the humble village of Rasenboden. Her days are spent improving life around her home island of Kurken. But life is never quiet, no matter how much the islanders may want it to be. New monsters have emerged from the sea, with many people believing them to be spawned by the mysterious new islands that have appeared out of nowhere. A voice instructs Ryza to make a key and she does so, inspired by the voice who told her to find “the Code of the Universe.”
What that means, Ryza has no idea, but the only way to figure it out is to head to the new Kruk islands, discover the mystery of their appearance, the key she made, the voice, and just what the heck this “Code of the Universe” is. We’re hoping it is a cheat code that offers unlimited ether potions, but that is far more unlikely.
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key Main Characters
- Reisalin “Ryza” Stout: The main character. An alchemist with a warm heart and a mind that can create darn near anything.
- Tao Mongarten: A childhood friend of Ryza. Bookish and bug-loving (yes, this is true), Tao is the party’s go-to guy for many headache-inducing, brain-teasing problems they encounter.
- Klaudia Valentz: A noblewoman who travels with the party, perfectly willing to eat bugs.
- Lent Marslink: Ryza’s other childhood friend, carries a big sword, and loves to brag and go on adventures.
- Bos Brunnen: Finally playable after being a supporting character in the past two games. Perfectionism is the name of his game (no, he does not have a game).
- Patricia “Patty” Abelheim: A sheltered knight turned noblewoman who may have a crush on Tao, this girl is all about dealing with critical hits.
- Empel Vollmer: Ryza’s mentor when she entered the academy in the X game.
- Lila Decyrus: Empel’s long-time travel partner, Lila has known Ryza for quite some time.
- Federica Lamberti: A newcomer to the series, wields a fan with deadly grace.
- Dian Farrell: brash and bold, and new to the games.
- Kala Ideas: A woman with a funny name, and is older than the rest of the cast combined.
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key Titles of Video Games in the Series
As expected, Atelier Ryza is the third game in the series, with two others preceding it! They are:
- Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout (2019)
- Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy (2020)
- Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (March 24, 2023)
There are many, many more games in the Atelier series. But for now, let’s focus on the Ryza games, shall we? Otherwise this list will be twice as long.
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key Cheat Codes
So, with all of that out of the way, are there any cheat codes for Ryza’s latest adventure? The answer is simply: no.
As expected from a modern-day game, the use of cheat codes has diminished with time. And Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key is no exception. There are hidden achievements and trophies to get, which is almost as good!
But even so, let us go over a few tips and tricks, just for safety.
- Craft Survival Tools. While this isn’t a survival game, it might be more accurate to say that Ryza’s third adventure has a bit of a farming element to it. That is to say, there are many, many resources scattered around the world that you can use to make new stuff! But, to get it, you need a few extra bits and bobs to smash open pots, walls, crates, and more! You start off the game with Ryza’s Staff to break pots and small rocks. But there’s plenty more you’ll miss unless you craft additional items, like the Woodcutter’s axe, Hammer, Grass Sickle, the ever-present fishing rod, and the Catcher’s Net. With these, you’ll be able to collect more materials!
- Search Everywhere. Any good RPG fan knows the first thing you should do is search every nook, every tree, every rock, every shallow pond, and big lake for every last bit of material you can find. The more you find, the more stuff you’ll have to equip your party with, keep them healed, and keep the EXP flowing in!
- Your Basket has a bottom. Keep in mind your basket’s limit is around 300 items. I know that seems like a lot, but that can get filled up fast. So, be sure that you craft just as much as your hoarding goods. Otherwise you’ll find that your basket is filled to the brim with stuff, and you won’t be able to pick up anything else!
- Cook, cook I say! Like any survival game, Ryza can cook food for her party using the assembled ingredients. These provide a variety of status buffs and effects, giving the player increased attack strength, defense, and of course, the all-important EXP boost. You can only cook meals at bonfires, which does make it easy to miss. You also only start with a limited number of recipes, but you can find more by doing side quests or the main one.
- Do it yourself at least once. As tempting as it is to focus solely on the best gear and the best items for your alchemy, resist the urge and try to craft everything at least once. Aside from providing you with more gear and items to either use or sell, you will get SP from making it. SP means Skill Points, and there are numerous skills to unlock. So, get crafting!
- Zip-zip! The maps in this game are big. Amazing, stupidly, big. And getting around them without a horse or a car is a hassle, but luckily, there does exist another method! Using Zipline Platforms, which the player can unlock, you can get around the map much faster! Keep in mind though, you have to unlock both ends of the zipline for it to work.
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key Cheat Code FAQs
Is Ryza 3 censored?
I’m…afraid to ask what you mean by that. But no, it is not.
Is Atelier Ryza 3 Alchemist of the End & The Secret Key open world?
Yep! It is an open-world RPG, where the only limits are the story and monster levels.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Koei Tecmo.