There’s no denying that some of the glitches found within Assassin Creed Unity are the stuff that nightmares are made of (look up a couple of these videos on YouTube and you won’t sleep for a week). Fortunately, Ubisoft has not given up the fight just yet.
In a recent update posted to the game’s official community site , the team has revealed that their latest fix (dubbed Patch 5) hopes to remedy several key performance and stability issues still plaguing the release. It will also be unlocking content related to the companion app, no longer making it a requirement (a welcomed move to some).
Here is the complete rundown of everything that Patch 5 looks to address:
Stability & performance
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
Save game & Progression
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
Menus and HUD
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
World & 3D
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues