Gorod Krovi Summary
While its release date is many years past, some things will never die. The Gorod Krovi map, for Call of Duty: Black Ops III is one of them. Released as part of the Call of Duty: Zombies franchise in the Descent DLC, Gorod Krovi is a map that forces the player to contend with zombies, robotic zombies, a walking cyborg with enough guns to arm the Red Army, and a flipping dragon.
Yeah, it’s certainly one crazy map!
Released on July 12, 2016, this map’s primary function is to serve as yet another entry in the ever-sprawling, ever-confusing Call of Duty: Zombies story. Like any good Zombie map, it has plenty of hidden easter eggs, violent death traps, and of course, zombies.
Gorod Krovi Premise
The name says it all, “Gorod Krovi” is Russian, and it means “City of Blood.” And blood will most definitely be spilled tonight.
The four “main” characters of the zombies game mode Takeo, Edward, Dempsey, and Nikolai have continued their time hoping, universe-alternating adventures, taking them right into the heart of the Russian Motherland to kill the first version of Nikolai, who is in command of a fearsome mech/cyborg suit. They have to fight off waves of zombies, a fire-breathing demon dragon, and all manner of crazy beasts and foes just to draw him out.
Yeah, Call of Duty: Zombies is…weird.
In addition, there are multiple easter eggs the player can find throughout the map, each one shedding more light on the situation that surrounds the players. Letters, trinkets, and maps can be found all over the map. And to try to explain the overall plot would be quite hard, would probably take up more space than necessary. Even a summary of the plot would be…extremely confusing for anyone not caught up. But here’s the summary of Gorod Krovi: There are zombies, there’s a drunk in a giant mech suit, there are dragons.
Gorod Krovi Main Characters
While the main series of Call of Duty has an absurd cast of characters to choose and play as, for Zombies, let’s focus on the major players, alright?
- Takeo Masaki. The most honor-bound of the 4, and generally the most reliable.
- Edward Richtofen. The one who set this crazy story in motion, but it’s all to save the world.
- “Tank” Dempsey. An American who’s more than willing to fight, and has already killed himself (the other version of himself, that is).
- Nikolai Belinski. A Russian man who’s trying to give the alternate version of himself some inner peace, even if it must be brought upon by great violence.
Games in the Call of Duty Series
As any Call of Duty fan will tell you, there are a lot of games in this series. So, here’s a quick list of them all! Quick note, since Zombies is a mode, we’re going to be attaching it to the title list.
- Call of Duty (2003)
- Call of Duty: United Offensive (2004)
- Call of Duty: Finest Hour (2004)
- Call of Duty 2 (2005)
- Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (2005)
- Call of Duty 3 (2006)
- Call of Duty: Roads to Victory (2007)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
- Call of Duty: World at War (2008)
- Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts (2008)
- Call of Duty: Zombies (2009)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Force Recon (2009)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized (2009)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition (2009)
- Call of Duty: Classic (2009)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies (2011)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance (2011)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified (2012)
- Call of Duty: Strike Team (2013)
- Call of Duty Online (2013)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2014)
- Call of Duty: Heroes (2014)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015)
- Call of Duty: Siege (2016)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (2016)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (2016)
- Call of Duty: WWII (2017)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (2018)
- Call of Duty: Mobile (2019)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
- Call of Duty: Warzone (2020)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered (2020)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (2020)
- Call of Duty: Vanguard (2021)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022)
- Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 (2022)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III (2023)
- Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile (2024)
Gorod Krovi Cheat Codes
Surprisngly, there are cheat codes you can enter! Here is a list.
Hidden Menu in Datavault
Go to the Datavault in the Safehouse in the Single Player Campaign. In the screen where you unlock Dead Ops 2 (Top left corner in the menu) press Left Trigger, Right Trigger, X and Y (Square and Triangle on the PlayStation) to unlock a hidden Menu where you can enter Codes. Pretty cut and dry.
|Get 60-100 Fabrication Kits (does NOT affect the achievement, save to use)||Manifest|
|Unlocks Nightmare Mode straight away.||Dreamland|
Gorod Krovi Cheat Code FAQs
What is the password for the code cylinder in Gorod Krovi? “KRONOS.”
What does Sophia stand for in Gorod Krovi? “Strategic Operations Planning Heuristic Intelligence Analyzer.”
How much does Gorod Krovi cost? In USD? $5.99.