Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning is a 2018 parody horror title developed and published by solo developer Micah McGonigal, known online as Mystman12. Initially released on PC, the game eventually found its way onto mobile devices, too.
Much of the game’s popularity came from exposure from big YouTubers online. Creators such as Pewdiepie, DanTDM, and Jacksepticeye made videos based on Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning, encouraging gamers to try it.
Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning Premise
The gameplay of Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning is pretty simple. You’re placed in the middle of a school, and must roam its halls to collect a series of notebooks. After this, you have to escape the school. It’s a gameplay loop familiar to the horror genre, resembling something like Slender, which required players to collect pieces of a scrapbook to complete the game.
It’s not quite as simple as that. The game puts plenty of characters in the way of your progress, all walking around the school to inconvenience you and make it as hard as possible for you to collect everything. After collecting certain notebooks, you’ll be given certain math problems to solve on the You Can Think Pad. This is just another barrier you’ve got to overcome to complete your objectives.
All of this is presented in a poor hand-drawn style, which is intended to give the game an unsettling vibe.
Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning Main Characters
The characters in Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning are deeply unserious. As the game is a parody, it makes sense that the characters wouldn’t take themselves too seriously. A lot of them play on typical horror and school tropes, and the end result is a ton of characters who resemble caricatures.
These are the main characters in the game you need to know:
- Baldi: Baldi is the main antagonist of the game, as well as the head teacher of the school. He sets the players the math problems that they must complete to progress. Although he’s a strict disciplinarian, he has an even darker side that players will discover through gameplay.
- Playtime: Playtime is a young girl who wanders the school halls. She is always looking for someone to play with, which can be a significant distraction for players.
- Principal of the Thing: Principal of the Thing is, well, the Principal of the school. He patrols the school halls, looking for any reason to give the player detention. Because of this, he’s one of the biggest obstacles to collecting all of the notebooks in the game.
- It’s a Bully: It’s a Bully is the school bully, and will take away one of the player’s items if they meet him in the school halls. If the player doesn’t have any items to hand, he will simply block their way, forcing them to take another route around the school.
Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning Titles in the Series
Although Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning has a few different releases with varying amounts of content, the game itself has yet to receive a sequel. It’s likely that the game struggled to gain enough of an audience to justify the time, effort, and money to produce one.
For now, the Baldi’s Basics series seems dead in the water. However, nothing is guaranteed, so we wouldn’t be totally shocked to see it return at some point in the future.
- Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning (2018)
Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning Cheat Codes
In Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning, you can access a device called the You Can Think Pad. While using this, there are several cheat codes you can enter to change the gameplay. Some are a help, while others are a hindrance. Either way, they’re intended to make the game more fun. These cheats are:
- 142857: Freezes Baldi in place until you collect all seven notebooks.
- -2: Doubles the number of characters every 30 seconds.
- 689254327: Makes the Principal give out longer detentions.
- 1009067900: Sets 500 Baldi’s on the loose to chase you.
- 9223372036854775807: Teleports you to Baldi’s office.
- 11211994: Enables Chaos Mode.
- 7154131545: Enables God Mode.
Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning Cheat Code FAQs
How Do I Use Cheats in Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning?
Using cheats in this game is actually incredibly easy. You have to open the You Can Think Pad, which you have access to from the very start of the game. Then, enter the correct numbers on the number pad – simple!
How Do I Enable God Mode Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning?
If you enter the number 7154131545 into the You Can Think Pad, you should be greeted with a message that says “SINCE WHEN DID YOU BECOME A GOD?” This is a sign that the God Mode cheat has worked as intended.