On April 21, 2023, Dambuster Studios released the sequel to their 2011 video game Dead Island. Dead Island 2 is the third installment in the series and is set 15 years after the first game’s events. The game received average reviews from critics but fans seem to enjoy it for what it was. The game currently sits between a 73-76 across its platforms on Metacritic with Xbox players enjoying it the most.
Dead Island 2 Summary
Funny enough, the studio Techland was originally set to develop Dead Island 2 but they decided to make Dying Light instead with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game originally was scheduled for release in 2015. The first gameplay footage was shown to the public at Gamescom 2014. In 2015, Dead Island 2‘s studio Yager Development filed for insolvency in July and dropped from the project. In 2016, Sumo Digital took over development, and by 2019, the game changed hands again to Dambuster Studios. The game sold 1 million units in its first 3 days after launch and by the following month, it sold over 2 million units.
Dead Island 2 Premise
Exactly 14 years after the events of Dead Island, the military is forced to put Los Angeles under full quarantine. As Los Angeles undergoes quarantine, six people board one of the last evacuation flights out of the city. Unfortunately, an infected person ends up on board and the military shoots the plane down. The six playable characters narrowly survive the crash but are bitten while trying to help some other survivors. After being supported and sheltered by actress Emma Jaunt, the player has to find a way to escape the overrun city.
Dead Island 2 Main Characters
Jacob is one of the six playable characters in Dead Island 2. He used to be a stockbroker in London, his hometown before the death of his mother prompted him to pursue his dream career of being a stuntman. This career led him to Los Angeles, California where he keeps alive in the city suburbs.
Amy is one of the six playable slayers in Dead Island 2. As a Paralympian runner, she grew up and lived in Los Angeles before being trapped in the city during the zombie outbreak.
Ryan is one of the six playable slayers in Dead Island 2. He was a male stripper before the outbreak from Fresno, California, growing up with a younger brother. During the outbreak, he was separated from his little brother and decided to locate him to make sure he was alright, stopping at nothing after being stuck in Los Angeles, trying to get out and find his brother.
Dani is one of the six playable slayers in Dead Island 2. She was born in County Cork, Ireland, and after being a retail assistant for a while, she joined a roller derby team and traveled with them to matches across the world. She went with them to Los Angeles where she became separated and trapped in the city when the outbreak occurred. However, she didn’t want to be stuck in the city so she decided to try and break out of the quarantine and reach her team in order to make it to their upcoming match.
Carla is one of the six playable slayers in Dead Island 2. She was a motorbike stuntwoman who became stuck in Los Angeles when the outbreak occurred.
Bruno is one of the six playable slayers in Dead Island 2. He was a street hustler in Los Angeles when the outbreak occurred.
Dead Island 2 Side Characters
- Sam B is a returning character from Dead Island 1. He’s a self-confident and proud man with a bad past. Sam is connected to the Dead Island 2 cast through his past relationship with actress Emma Jaunt.
- Emma Jaunt is a famous actress well-known for her lead roles in fantasy, sci-fi, and horror movies. She was married to actor Robert Steele, but they did not really love each other or get along. She was close friends with her assistant Michael Anders and housekeeper Andrea Salazar. However, Emma became spoiled and mean throughout the years due to fame, which strained her friendship with Andrea.
Titles in the Series
- Dead Island (2011)
- Dead Island: Riptide (2013)
- Escape Dead Island (2014)
- Dead Island: Epidemic (2014)
- Dead Island: Definitive Edition (2016)
- Dead Island Survivors (2018)
- Dead Island 2 (2023)
Dead Island 2 Cheat Codes
Dead Island 2 doesn’t have cheat codes in the traditional sense. However, there is a way to use cheats through third-party software called Trainers on the PC versions of the game. If you go the trainer route you gain access to the following cheats.
Player Stat Cheats
- Unlimited Health – This cheat helps struggling players and cannot survive throughout the game. Using this cheat, the player acquires infinite health and cannot die.
- Super Damage – Players can do a significant amount of damage to their enemies by using this cheat. Furthermore, it allows players to decrease the health of their opponents in huge numbers.
- Unlimited Durability – Weapons become unbreakable due to their unlimited durability, and players can use these weapons repeatedly to take down their opponents.
- Unlimited Stamina – This cheat provides a player with unlimited stamina, and the player never runs out of breath due to this cheat. As you know, zombies chase the player in this game, so energy plays a vital role.
- Infinite Ammo – With this cheat, players get unlimited ammo for their weapons and quickly take down zombies. It allows the player to focus on the combat rather than collecting the ammo. The player has to put his finger on the trigger and blast, so reloading the weapon is unnecessary.
- Invisible – Players can activate invisibility and move undetected. Enemies cannot see the player, and it is easier to evade them.
- Easy Knock Down – Delving into the Dead Island 2 Cheats and Trainers, easy knockdown is one of the best cheats because the players can easily knock down the zombies in a single shot.
- Improved Accuracy – The player improves the accuracy of the weapons by using this cheat. The ball fired by the player precisely hit the target due to the improved accuracy.
- No Recoil – The player improves the accuracy of the weapons by using this cheat. The ball fired by the player precisely hit the target due to the improved accuracy.
- One Hit Kills – The player improves the accuracy of the weapons by using this cheat. The ball fired by the player precisely hit the target due to the improved accuracy.
Trainers for Dead Island 2
If you want to go the trainer route, be aware of all the risks you may experience. There is the Mega Trainer, the much safer WeMod Trainer, the Fling Trainer, and finally the CheatHappens Trainer. The CheatHappens Trainer is the preferred option for those who use trainers as it offers a bit more customization through its mods. These trainers offer these mods specifically:
- Num 1 – God Mode/Ignore Hits
- Num 2 – Infinite Health
- Num 3 – Infinite Stamina
- Num 4 – Infinite Weapon Durability
- Num 5 – Stealth Mode
- Num 6 – Set Player Speed
- Num 7 – Set Movement Speed
- Num 8 – Set Game Speed
- Num 9 – Super Stamina Damage
- Num 0 – Stamina Damage Multiplier
- Num . – One Hit Kills
- Num + – Damage Multiplier
- Num – – Defense Multiplier
- Ctrl+Num 1 – Edit Money
- Ctrl+Num 2 – Infinite Consumables & Parts
- Ctrl+Num 3 – Items Don’t Decrease
- Ctrl+Num 4 – No Crafting Requirements
- Alt+Num 1 – Infinite Ammo
- Alt+Num 2 – No Reload
- Alt+Num 3 – Super Accuracy
- Alt+Num 4 – No Recoil
- Alt+Num 5 – Instant Curveball Cooldown
- Alt+Num 6 – Max Fury Gauge
- Alt+Num 7 – Infinite Fury Mode Duration
- Alt+Num 8 – Infinite Exp
- Alt+Num 9 – Exp Multiplier
Be careful using cheat trainers in your single-player games. These applications usually require unrestricted access to your computer.
Dead Island 2 Cheat Code FAQs
Does Dead Island 2 have cheats? Dead Island 2 has over 26 cheats with use of a trainer. The safest choice is to use WeMod, although the other trainers linked above may also be helpful.
How to make Dead Island 2 easy? The only way to make Dead Island 2 is to earn experience to level up, find new weapons, and equip better skill cards.
What is the maximum level in Dead Island 2? The maximum level that a player can reach in Dead Island 2 is 30.